Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you're Bama, how do you game plan against our offense?

Started by Grunt, October 12, 2017, 01:34:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Grunt

I don't know much about football but going a against a line that can't block,  I'd bring 5 or 6 after Allen from down one, with combinations of linebackers and DBs.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

HawgWyld

How does 'Bama game plan against Arkansas? Easy -- make it a fan friendly event by letting some of them come down on the field and play. Fun!

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

WaltonCollege

hawgfan4life

By preparing for the next real offense and showing up Saturday.

HognotinMemphis

Walk onto the field and line up. It will not be difficult for them.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Grizzlyfan

Großer Kriegschwein

Send out your 3rd string.

That's how you plan for us right now if you're Alabama.
This is my non-signature signature.

moses_007

You line up and whip our offensive linemen's arse.  That is what they will do Saturday.

IMABIELEMA

Bruh bruh bruh,  ALABAMA is already game planning against AUBURN & GEORGIA.  Those are the ONLY games they have left that aren't cupcake.

Hog-Corleone

This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Grunt on October 12, 2017, 01:34:23 pm
I don't know much about football but going a against a line that can't block,  I'd bring 5 or 6 after Allen from down one, with combinations of linebackers and DBs.

8 in the Box and Blitz every passing down.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

elksnort

King Kong

WoePigSooie

Lay down as soon as the ball is snapped, let the Razorbacks trip themselves up

WaltonCollege

Quote from: elksnort on October 12, 2017, 02:51:53 pm
What is the purpose of this thread?

Bring a little humor to a lost season I spose, I thought it was funny.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Base defense should suffice. Rushing four should be plenty.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

alohawg

With some coke and a smile, for the starters. This is a game where the last stringers may see a full half of real game action that's easier than practice.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

elksnort

Quote from: WaltonCollege on October 12, 2017, 02:59:45 pm
Bring a little humor to a lost season I spose, I thought it was funny.
I guess I take things too seriously...

AirWarren

I personally hope we get buried the next two weeks.

It's going to suck to see auburn kill us in Gus' backyard....but it has to happen.

311Hog

Quote from: AP85 on October 12, 2017, 03:04:48 pm

It's going to suck to see auburn kill us in Gus' backyard....but it has to happen.

i dont think you are going to need to hope for it. but no part of me wants to see it

elksnort

Quote from: AP85 on October 12, 2017, 03:04:48 pm

I have a problem with this sentiment. I just can not root against the hogs, but then you have a point. Is it like killing the wife to save the children?

Again, I know where you are coming from. I think anyway.

axharbor

Quote from: rhames on October 12, 2017, 01:34:58 pm
Put 11 players on the field

YES!!!  LOVE IT!  Could probably play about 8 guys and still cover the spread against us.

axharbor

Quote from: 311Hog on October 12, 2017, 03:06:37 pm
i dont think you are going to need to hope for it. but no part of me wants to see it

Sadly I do...  Terrified that BB is going to accidentally win a game or two here and there and Long will keep him around...  I don't want to leave anything to chance...

311Hog

Quote from: axharbor on October 12, 2017, 03:10:20 pm
Sadly I do...  Terrified that BB is going to accidentally win a game or two here and there and Long will keep him around...  I don't want to leave anything to chance...

did you watch the 2 USC beat downs? i was in the stadium for one i would not wish that on my worst enemy.

AirWarren

Quote from: elksnort on October 12, 2017, 03:07:29 pm
I have a problem with this sentiment. I just can not root against the hogs, but then you have a point. Is it like killing the wife to save the children?

Trust me. It hurts. The day of Carolina game I bought a new hog hat and a new hog decal for my new truck. I was so deflated after the game.

I've been called stupid. A loser. You name it, for supporting coach B.

My belief in the man is gone. His belief is gone, you can see it in his post game press conferences.

An all out state of Alabama slaughter has to happen to put the final nail in this nightmare.

311Hog

Quote from: AP85 on October 12, 2017, 03:42:24 pm
Trust me. It hurts. The day of Carolina game I bought a new hog hat and a new hog decal for my new truck. I was so deflated after the game.

I've been called stupid. A loser. You name it, for supporting coach B.

My belief in the man is gone. His belief is gone, you can see it in his post game press conferences.

An all out state of Alabama slaughter has to happen to put the final nail in this nightmare.

what if he sweeps the state of gumps?

HawgTrough

Rush 3, let the other 8 decide who wants a pick six or scoop and score the most.
WPS

AirWarren

Quote from: 311Hog on October 12, 2017, 03:43:41 pm
what if he sweeps the state of gumps?

Then so be it. And God Be thy will haha

But we couldn't sweep South Carolina who has a defunked offensive line....not certain I have to worry about sweeping bama teams.

311Hog

Quote from: AP85 on October 12, 2017, 03:51:25 pm
Then so be it. And God Be thy will haha

But we couldn't sweep South Carolina who has a defunked offensive line....not certain I have to worry about sweeping bama teams.
oh yeah man i feel no chance in hell, is why i said it.  If this team pulls off that miracle then boom job saved IMHO.

I honestly think the only chance is if Kelley comes in and just blows up, + Bama/Awwburn underestimates us.

But that is the kind of glory that i am talking about it would take that level to turn this dumpster fire around.

1highhog

AirWarren

Quote from: 311Hog on October 12, 2017, 03:54:47 pm
oh yeah man i feel no chance in hell, is why i said it.  If this team pulls off that miracle then boom job saved IMHO.

I honestly think the only chance is if Kelley comes in and just blows up, + Bama/Awwburn underestimates us.

But that is the kind of glory that i am talking about it would take that level to turn this dumpster fire around.

I don't think it turns around. People are tired of Bret Bielema in this state.

The blood is in the water. The sharks are circling.

GoHogs1091

Saban probably watched and studied the game film of our game with TCU this season.

Patterson does use a different defense than Saban (primarily a difference in Secondary coverage due to Patterson using 5 DBs), but Saban probably focused a lot on the Defensive Line play of TCU against our OL to see the vulnerabilities of our OL.

hogcard1964

Does everyone here honestly believe it will be a behind the barn as& whipping?  I can see us hanging with them for awhile.

Hawgphat

Hoist a few root beers, chomp some "pigskins" and laugh a lot.

PygmalionEffect2

CK could take advantage of over aggressive defenses by throwing the ball over their head into the massive opening in the middle of the field that the LBers vacate.

From AA's vantage point, all he can see is a wall of red coming at him.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

Pistol Pig Maravich

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 12, 2017, 04:21:03 pm
Does everyone here honestly believe it will be a behind the barn as& whipping?  I can see us hanging with them for awhile.
By a while...do you mean for one series if we get the opening kickoff!  I see no way this game is nothing but a beating. It is the perfect storm for us to get pounded. Saban mad at second half performance at TAM, our guys have quit on the coach and our coach hasn't clue how to make adjustments.     63-10 with a hog score late against their 3-4th team. 

Gonzo

Can't speak for everyone of course, but I do see it being just a walkover for Bama. I'd love to be wrong, but Bama is simply on a different level physically than the Hogs (heck, most of the country for that matter) and they seem to have had their flat game already, unfortunately just last Saturday, based on the comments I've seen coming from Saban. I think they will be very focused and amped this Saturday.  I don't think the Hogs present anything extraordinary on either side of the ball to keep it close. I think the next two games will be pretty brutal. My biggest concern is, with all the current turmoil, will the team crater the remainder of the season.

Go Hogs!

HawgWyld

What have you seen from the Razorbacks this year that would cause you to believe that?

PorkRinds

Calling All Hogs

You use the game as a reward to help pad your players stats and help them learn the best angles to scoop and score.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: rhames on October 12, 2017, 01:34:58 pm
Put 11 players on the field

I might not risk 11 players on defense. You could go with 9 or 10 and lessen the chance of accidental injury.

Seriously, if I'm Alabama I would work on what I thought I needed scrimmaging in after the middle of the second quarter. Until then, you can just blitz us a little and watch us collapse.
Quote from: elksnort on October 12, 2017, 03:07:29 pm

If we're in the game in the 4th quarter, no one here will be rooting against the Hogs. At least I don't think so. Until then, we can sort of prepare ourselves for what will likely happen and pretend we like it.

phadedhawg

Alabama could stay up all night on a massive MDMA binge and still smoke our team the next day.

Maybe I should have the massive MDMA binge while watching the game...that might help a lot now that I think of it.  Psychiatrists are starting trials to test the effectiveness of MDMA to treat post traumatic stress syndrome.  I'm sure if I showed the doctor film of the Sternover, Fish fumble, Auburn 2016, and Alabama 2017, I'd qualify!

carolinahogger

Quote from: hawgfan4life on October 12, 2017, 02:17:16 pm
By preparing for the next real offense and showing up Saturday.

This.  If I'm Bama I'm game planning for my next reasonably strong opponent.  Bama could turn the ball over 7 times and still win this game.  Their defense will score almost as much as our offense.

Cinco de Hogo

Now hold on a cotton picking minute!  How do ya'll know that Saban doesn't want BB around for a few years.

This might be close....

Nah!

All Saban has to do is just say:  First one of you sumbitches I see even leaning toward a mental lapse will need surgery to remove my foot from your ass.  You all know what to do and you better have your mind right.  You don't play for OU or OSU.  Now lets go play and have fun, you hear.

31to6

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 12, 2017, 02:07:43 pm
Blitz Allen......game over.
They will not need to blitz. Which is even worse. Rush 4, maybe even 3, against our OL. Kill Allen AND have plenty of players in coverage.