Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Long needs to face some tough questions. . .

Started by Feralhog, October 12, 2017, 12:46:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Feralhog on October 13, 2017, 10:57:57 am
Call it the skeptic in me, but something tells me it's not quite this simple.

And the reason is?

logic

Quote from: hogsanity on October 12, 2017, 12:48:13 pm
Umm, you do know the 15mil buyout has been proven to have been a delusion and is more like 5 mil.
$6 million now;  $4.4 on Jan 1, 2018.  Or it could be 1.35 times that if the term of the contract was reset from Dec 4, 2012 to Dec 31, 2014, the date the contract was amended and extended.

Feralhog

Quote from: ricepig on October 13, 2017, 11:02:06 am
And the reason is?

I have no clue?  That's a pretty big matsaball that was left hanging out there.  The numbers were being erroneously reported for a couple of years maybe?   
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former coach finder for the Tejas Longhorns.......Feralhog the Magnificent

ricepig

Quote from: Feralhog on October 13, 2017, 11:10:54 am
I have no clue?  That's a pretty big matsaball that was left hanging out there.  The numbers were being erroneously reported for a couple of years maybe?   

Since it's inception. I read the contract years ago, but like everyone else, I just looked at the chart and saw the big numberd, haha. As they say, the devil is in the details......

Reservoir Hogs

Quote from: ricepig on October 13, 2017, 11:17:41 am
Since it's inception. I read the contract years ago, but like everyone else, I just looked at the chart and saw the big numberd, haha. As they say, the devil is in the details......

I don't get the grand conspiracy... I think the contract worked perfectly.  When we gave the extension and changed the buyout was widely reported, and reported as a good thing.   We have a solid coach who is gonna be here a long time.  At that time why would Long want anything else reported.    Now that the firing seems as real possibility after this season, it suddenly slips that old Jeff isn't as dumb as the contract appeared and we absolutely afford to fire him this year.
In both cases Jeff came off looking good, I would not be surprised it if was someone from the athletic dept that slipped the details to the Demozette

Feralhog

Quote from: Reservoir Hogs on October 13, 2017, 11:21:28 am
I don't get the grand conspiracy... I think the contract worked perfectly.  When we gave the extension and changed the buyout was widely reported, and reported as a good thing.   We have a solid coach who is gonna be here a long time.  At that time why would Long want anything else reported.    Now that the firing seems as real possibility after this season, it suddenly slips that old Jeff isn't as dumb as the contract appeared and we absolutely afford to fire him this year.
In both cases Jeff came off looking good, I would not be surprised it if was someone from the athletic dept that slipped the details to the Demozette

So Jeff is about Jeff looking good?
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former coach finder for the Tejas Longhorns.......Feralhog the Magnificent

ricepig

a0ashle

Technically the number being reported was correct right after signing, it stuck. Then over time the number shrunk but too late the number was already out there.

How often are contracts written with prorated (if that's the right word? Regressive?) buyout like this? Even outside Arkansas, We seem to always talk about them as a solid sum, stair stepping annually. The uniqueness of this structure, probably played a big part of why it was missed.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on October 13, 2017, 11:17:41 am
...or as we said at the bank, "the big print giveth and the small print taketh away."
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 13, 2017, 11:57:22 am
...or as we said at the bank, "the big print giveth and the small print taketh away."

Sum [CENSORED], all of you......you knew I didn't have my readers on!

grayhawg

Reservoir Hogs

grayhawg

Quote from: Reservoir Hogs on October 13, 2017, 12:21:17 pm
Yes, as are most successful people.
Well since he is so respected I guess these other guys should take their name out of running for the Nebraska job.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

woodrow hog call

Quote from: grayhawg on October 13, 2017, 12:45:10 pm
Well since he is so respected I guess these other guys should take their name out of running for the Nebraska job.

They are just using his name as being interested, to boost their stock in the eyes of the other AD's around the country.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Feralhog on October 13, 2017, 10:25:15 am
I'm just looking for answers.  I'm not a lawyer.  Maybe this whole thing is some sort of a misinterpretation of Bielema's contract.  If that's the case, then bully for us.  However, it's funny how the knee jerk reaction by so many is to immediately mischaracterize (not sure that's a word) a post in an attempt to discredit someone.  I'm the first to admit I'm not the sharpest rocket in the toolbox, so I'm simply trying to wrap my brain around a 10M dollar discrepancy in the buyout figure. 
That's what you get for staying away for so long. We been fighting the Jeffies for a couple of years now.They will have someone come on after nearly every post in every thread and dispute your statements.IE Don't stay gone so long we need you. :)

10thPlanet

Quote from: hogsanity on October 12, 2017, 01:17:56 pm
which mental midget? That description covers about 85% of the posters and 99% of all radio show callers.
Then why waste your time with us simpletons? 42K+ posts? Don't you have a little league baseball team to coach or something? Maybe you're here to educate us and save us from being mental midgets? Silly

EastexHawg

Quote from: grayhawg on October 13, 2017, 12:45:10 pm

Oh, please let this be true.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

buldozer

I don't really get why CBB is still here. He should be fired immediately and the search for his replacement began. The way I look at it is he is costing us more to keep than to fire. He makes north of $350K per month.... his buyout has been proven to be less than that, so the university will save money to fire him. The sooner he is fired, the sooner he gets out on the market for some other school to hire. Anything he makes elsewhere reduces his buyout..... so once again, the sooner he is fired the better! If we wait until Jan 2018 to cut him loose, he will lay around eating bonbons for a year on our dime! The sooner he is gone the better for all concerned.