Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"The End is Near"- Ark Times

Started by 007 License To Squeal, October 12, 2017, 12:27:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

DeltaBoy

The Gloves are off with the Ark Media and if Previous History Holds true  Some one moving by Jan 1st 2018  wither it Long or Bret really doesn't matter to me.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LRRandy

This is fun, isn't it.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: LRRandy on October 12, 2017, 12:43:13 pm
Buzzards are circling

and Long seeming sits quietly on the hill..........................although I suspect there are gears working behind the scene.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

The Hawg Marshal

theFlyingHog

ballz2thewall

good description for things on the hill. sad!
The rest of the frog.

Vantage 8 dude

factchecker

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 12, 2017, 12:58:37 pm
good description for things on the hill. sad!

What a load of crap!

Our football program is in the dumps but The University of Arkansas and many Razorback sports are doing fine.

Our basketball team is going to be good this year.  Baseball team is set for a run to Omaha.  Track will compete like always.  Hopefully Mike Neighbors gets our women's basketball team going in the right direction.

Just because your narrow view is focused on football doesn't mean all things on the hill are bad.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

DeltaBoy

The Truth sometimes HURTS.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

AirWarren

I hate the Arkansas times. HATE.

BUT THOSE LAST TWO PARAGRAPHS. OUCH.

DeltaBoy

texas tush hog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 12, 2017, 12:42:23 pm
The Gloves are off with the Ark Media and if Previous History Holds true  Some one moving by Jan 1st 2018  wither it Long or Bret really doesn't matter to me.

It does me. Jeffie gotta go first, then Bielema.

HardCore

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 12, 2017, 10:22:55 pm

THIS!  Jeff cannot select the next coach.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 12, 2017, 10:22:55 pm

Yep...and somebody is going to either have to motivate Jeff or make his job insufferable...because he isn't swayed at this point to distance himself away from Bret...

PRJ

jgphillips3

The BOT, the GOBN, someone, somewhere with real power, the kind Long only wishes he had, has let slip the dogs of war.  I see this as a shot across the bow at Long to do the "right" thing or else.  All of these newspaper and media types would not be near so brutal in unison without someone up the chain okaying this or directly encouraging it.  Bret is toast barring a miracle.  Long can probably stay but he will be brought to heel which he may not like.

Pork Twain

Quote from: HardCore on October 12, 2017, 10:29:14 pm
THIS!  Jeff cannot select the next coach.
All the Long hate is silly and tired.  Put it to bed already.  The only thing he has done wrong is give CBB a huge buyout and now even that seems like a smokescreen as reports come out that the actual number is closer to 5 than 15.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

moses_007

BREAKING NEWS: University of Arkansas Director of Athletics Jeff Long has announced that effective immediately Arkansas will no longer be known as the Razorbacks. They will now be the Arkansas Possums because they play dead at home and get killed on the road.

hog of steele

I hope Jeff picks our next coach. Brought us Petrino. Brought us a proven winner that didn't work out. I think that is a solid track record.

farmhawg

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 12, 2017, 10:37:31 pm
All the Long hate is silly and tired.  Put it to bed already.  The only thing he has done wrong is give CBB a huge buyout and now even that seems like a smokescreen as reports come out that the actual number is closer to 5 than 15.
He hired him.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hog of steele

Quote from: farmhawg on October 12, 2017, 10:47:33 pm
He hired him.

Proves how good he is. First time Arkansas hired a winning coach from a top program. Great move. Tuned the contract just right so we can get out if we need to do that. Smart business man.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: factchecker on October 12, 2017, 01:29:12 pm
What a load of crap!

Our football program is in the dumps but The University of Arkansas and many Razorback sports are doing fine.

Our basketball team is going to be good this year.  Baseball team is set for a run to Omaha.  Track will compete like always.  Hopefully Mike Neighbors gets our women's basketball team going in the right direction.

Just because your narrow view is focused on football doesn't mean all things on the hill are bad.

xanax
The rest of the frog.

VirginiaHog

Quote from: hog of steele on October 12, 2017, 10:51:08 pm
Proves how good he is. First time Arkansas hired a winning coach from a top program. Great move. Tuned the contract just right so we can get out if we need to do that. Smart business man.
I agree. The long hate makes no sense.

hog of steele

Quote from: VirginiaHog on October 12, 2017, 11:08:26 pm
I agree. The long hate makes no sense.

That crowd lost its club so now they are swinging wildly. Changing your mind when new evidence presents itself is the hallmark of sober thought. We have new evidence, i. Am sure all our posters will redo their thinking.

jkstock04

I'm not ready to put anything to bed. For years y'all have tried convincing us how awesome of a coach Bielema is and how awesome Long is for hiring him. It's all been nothing but a bunch of BS. We hired a retread coach from a weak ass conference (at the time) and he turned our program into a weak, slow Big 10 wannabe football team.

I can't stand the culture Long has brought to the program since the Petrino firing....it's absolutely revolting that he considers the past few years a success...which he does. The only thing that has improved the past few years is his career as a bureaucrat....while the program drowns. Can't be gone fast enough as far as I'm concerned. He's been here for almost 10 years now...that's longer than he has been anywhere. Time to move on.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 12, 2017, 11:45:23 pm
I'm not ready to put anything to bed. For years y'all have tried convincing us how awesome of a coach Bielema is and how awesome Long is for hiring him. It's all been nothing but a bunch of BS. We hired a retread coach from a weak ass conference (at the time) and he turned our program into a weak, slow Big 10 wannabe football team.

I can't stand the culture Long has brought to the program since the Petrino firing....it's absolutely revolting that he considers the past few years a success...which he does. The only thing that has improved the past few years is his career as a bureaucrat....while the program drowns. Can't be gone fast enough as far as I'm concerned. He's been here for almost 10 years now...that's longer than he has been anywhere. Time to move on.

After Urban Meyer Florida hired...
After Nick Saban LSU hired...
After Mark Richt Georgia hired...
After Phil Fulmer Tennessee hired...
After Tommy Tuberville Auburn hired...
After Steve Spurrier USCe hired...

What was their replacements head coaching records?

After Houston Nutt Arkansas hired...
After Bobby Petrino Arkansas hired...

What was Arkansas' replacements coaching records?

I wonder if LSU said that about Saban when he was hired considering he came from the Big10. Les Miles was .500 in conference coming from the Big12. Gene Chizik had 0 conference wins before heading to Auburn.

Face it, on paper Long knocked both hires out the park. 1 worked out but got himself in trouble. The other just isn't the right man for the job or needs more time. If having your business being worth $160 million a year is drowning... drown me PLEASE!!

HognotinMemphis

When it becomes this out of control and chaotic, it's easy to call the end for the HC. He's lost it completely and does not have a clue what happened. Just listen to his comments after the last game.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

nwahogfan1

I bet 90% of the Long haters thought 5 years ago that he hired the right coach when we got CBB.   Our program was in a night mare status.  We were in melt down mode.    CBB coming from a successful Wisconsin run gave us solid footing again.   And CBB has done some wonderful things for our program here but winning is not one of them. 

Now because of the solid footing CBB has given our program we can attract a really good coach to get the wins we deserve.

hawgon

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on October 13, 2017, 06:13:44 am
I bet 90% of the Long haters thought 5 years ago that he hired the right coach when we got CBB.   Our program was in a night mare status.  We were in melt down mode.    CBB coming from a successful Wisconsin run gave us solid footing again.   And CBB has done some wonderful things for our program here but winning is not one of them. 

Now because of the solid footing CBB has given our program we can attract a really good coach to get the wins we deserve.

I didn't.

What solid footing is it of which you speak?  We have a slow team with an offensive line that is in shambles.  We have a small and poorly ranked recruiting class coming in.  We have mentally fragile kids.  We are as bad as we have been since the early 90s. 

This is going to be a major rebuild.

blu

Great post. Couldn't agree more.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

LZH

No. I don't see it.

Quote from: hawgon on October 13, 2017, 06:21:32 am
I didn't.

What solid footing is it of which you speak?  We have a slow team with an offensive line that is in shambles.  We have a small and poorly ranked recruiting class coming in.  We have mentally fragile kids.  We are as bad as we have been since the early 90s. 

This is going to be a major rebuild.

This is more like it.

smb

Quote from: moses_007 on October 12, 2017, 10:42:06 pm
BREAKING NEWS: University of Arkansas Director of Athletics Jeff Long has announced that effective immediately Arkansas will no longer be known as the Razorbacks. They will now be the Arkansas Possums because they play dead at home and get killed on the road.
Now this is funny!
GeorgiaHOG

hawgon

Quote from: LZH on October 13, 2017, 06:46:13 am
No. I don't see it.

This is more like it.

It's Arkansas.  We just can't get out of our own way.  I can see it now.  A lot of the people in here who have been in favor of Bert getting five or even six years will start griping in year one or year two with the new guy and say, "He has no excuses.  He has all the pieces to build a winner and a program on solid footing."

WilsonHog

I would argue that if the footing was all that solid in year 5, the coach wouldn't be in this much trouble and on his way out the door.

To illustrate further, if Bielema's SEC record was 24-10 rather than 10-24 and he chose to take a better job, fine. Hate to see him go, but he's left the program much better than he found it and the new coach will have a solid foundation to build on.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 12, 2017, 12:27:15 pm
https://www.arktimes.com/arkansas/the-end-is-near/Content?oid=10388492

One caller posited that Bielema has 15 million reasons to do nothing but fiddle while Fayetteville burns, and he is absolutely right. The head coach's absurdly exorbitant bye-bye package — orchestrated by Jeff Long after the Hogs' quasi-mythical 7-6, Texas Bowl-championship season of 2014 — easily outstrips the boneheaded golden parachute that former chancellor John White strapped onto Houston Nutt's waiting back as he coasted down to Oxford back in aught-seven.

Given the article is dated Oct 12, this paragraph reveals just how incompetent many in the media really are.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hawgon

I would suggest that with a team with this much quit in it, there is lots more turmoil behind the scenes than we know about or are lead to believe.

The new coach might have to do a 21st Century version of "The Junction Boys" to see who really wants to be here.  The first year could be rough.

jkstock04

I'm on record saying from the get go his ceiling is 8 wins here. Seems now the battle cry for Jeff Long is that it was a genius of a hire but we are "just unlucky and it didn't work out." That's convienient.

The last part of your post is an interesting topic. Supposedly since Bielema has recruited better and deeper than any coach we have had since joining the SEC...."building it the right way" another coach will easily be able to come in and make a strong transition. We shall see. I think this team is more of a mess than you guys will admit at this juncture.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

Quote from: hawgon on October 13, 2017, 07:04:11 am
I would suggest that with a team with this much quit in it, there is lots more turmoil behind the scenes than we know about or are lead to believe.

The new coach might have to do a 21st Century version of "The Junction Boys" to see who really wants to be here.  The first year could be rough.
That would be worst case scenario...but wouldn't completely surprise me.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

AlmaHog2011

90% did not think it was a great hire. We accepted it because what choice did we have? WE are Hogfans. Everyone thought it was a strange hire of a guy with zero ties to this state and this part of the country.

GoldCoastHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 13, 2017, 07:10:49 am
That would be worst case scenario...but wouldn't completely surprise me.

That's because teams take on the demeanor and personality of their leader. Ours likes to hang out in the office with flip flops and jam reggae. Apparently, he also enjoys happy hour.
Now, compare that with say , Nick Saban. I can't personally verify his typical day at the office, but I'm sure there are those that can attest to his conduct. I suspect it's a little different in Tuscaloosa. I also have a feeling that it was a little more business like with our last coach , compared to this one. It's not merely coincidence that the coaches that run a tight ship, and understand there must be a strongly defined line between coach and player relationship, typically operate at a higher level. Becoming "buddies" with your players usually ends the same every time; poorly and unsuccessful.

Pig in the Pokey

yep. I'd be DAMN embarrassed if I were an Arkansas media person spreading around a FAKENEWS buyout figure for over a year. AGENDA MUCH??
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

jkstock04

Quote from: GoldCoastHog on October 13, 2017, 07:22:15 am
That's because teams take on the demeanor and personality of their leader. Ours likes to hang out in the office with flip flops and jam reggae. Apparently, he also enjoys happy hour.
Now, compare that with say , Nick Saban. I can't personally verify his typical day at the office, but I'm sure there are those that can attest to his conduct. I suspect it's a little different in Tuscaloosa. I also have a feeling that it was a little more business like with our last coach , compared to this one. It's not merely coincidence that the coaches that run a tight ship, and understand there must be a strongly defined line between coach and player relationship, typically operate at a higher level. Becoming "buddies" with your players usually ends the same every time; poorly and unsuccessful.
When I think of a high end "players coach" Pete Carroll comes to mind. He made it work...but on a personal basis I've never seen it work. And that goes for sports and the business world.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogcard1964

Quote from: hog of steele on October 12, 2017, 10:47:23 pm
I hope Jeff picks our next coach. Brought us Petrino. Brought us a proven winner that didn't work out. I think that is a solid track record.

Dave Wanstedt
Bobby Petrino
John L. Smith
Bret Bielema

These are the coaches he's hired while he's been an A.D. at Pittsburgh and Arkansas.

You really want to trust him with the next one?

Jeff goes first.

Pig in the Pokey

not anymore. without the ammunition of a ridiculous buyout to run him with, Jeffy saved his job already. the 5.9 million assured that. Try to keep up.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hawgdavis

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 13, 2017, 07:35:46 am
When I think of a high end "players coach" Pete Carroll comes to mind. He made it work...but on a personal basis I've never seen it work. And that goes for sports and the business world.

Sure Carroll had some fun but when it came time to go to work he got serious and the players ew he was the boss. I think Saban probably smiles sometimes as well but he is definitely way far to the A side of the type A personality. I think you can have a little mix of work and fun and buddy type stuff but there still has to be a hard line drawn in the sand so that everyone knows who is in charge. Some can do it most can't.

GoldCoastHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 13, 2017, 07:40:02 am
Dave Wanstedt
Bobby Petrino
John L. Smith
Bret Bielema

These are the coaches he's hired while he's been an A.D. at Pittsburgh and Arkansas.

You really want to trust him with the next one?

Jeff goes first.

Long did not bring us Petrino. Petrino pursued Long. Had he not reached out, Long would have continued on his path if interviewing the likes of Bowden, Grobe,etc. I have no idea who Long would have settled on,but it wouldn't have been Petrino. So, he doesn't get credit for a "find" in Petrino.

J-Five

Quote from: factchecker on October 12, 2017, 01:29:12 pm
What a load of crap!

CONCUR
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

hogcard1964

Quote from: GoldCoastHog on October 13, 2017, 08:17:28 am
Long did not bring us Petrino. Petrino pursued Long. Had he not reached out, Long would have continued on his path if interviewing the likes of Bowden, Grobe,etc. I have no idea who Long would have settled on,but it wouldn't have been Petrino. So, he doesn't get credit for a "find" in Petrino.

He probably didn't "find" any of them.  Her certainly hired them however.

HognotinMemphis

Agree totally. No one wants to talk about the "kids" because they are just football players who were recruited to play and not their fault the coaches suck, etc. However, this team seems like it has weak character and is overly fragile. As one of the players said recently, there is no dog in most of them. Coaches can't put the dog in them, it is either there from birth or its never going to be there. They do not commit mentally to playing 2nd halves of games. Never have under Bielema, hence his 0-16 record at Ark when behind at halftime. And yes, I am referring to most of the O and D linemen, AA, and a few of the receivers and DB's.

Time for a new coaching staff and HC that can and will recruit a different type of player: One who is not mentally fragile, who cannot spell "quit" and will go 110% for 4 quarters.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.