Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Long already reaching out?

Started by PLHawg, October 12, 2017, 11:48:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PLHawg

The handwriting is obviously on the wall, gotta think he's got a short list that he's already contacting.

HillBillyHogfan

For what? Other jobs for himself? Lord Jesus please!
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

DoctorSusscrofa

Is this thread yes or no?  I think yes.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

hogcard1964

Quote from: PLHawg on October 12, 2017, 11:48:19 am
The handwriting is obviously on the wall, gotta think he's got a short list that he's already contacting.

I hope he likes the plains.  Nebraska has his name all over it.

Tusks

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 12, 2017, 12:17:56 pm

No schit, move on Jeff.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

DeltaBoy

Jeff needs to go and go soon.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 01:01:59 pm
Agreed, and I believe that will happen.

Everything that has come out this week indicates otherwise. I'm going to go ahead and ruin your weekend

An extension will be announced soon for long.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Ironhawg

If he is not, he darn well should be.

GuvHog

Quote from: rhames on October 12, 2017, 01:03:39 pm

Everything that has come out this week indicates otherwise. I'm going to go ahead and ruin your weekend

Just because Finebaum says he "Thinks" Jeff Long is negotiating a contract extension doesn't mean it's going to happen.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 01:06:57 pm
Just because Finebaum says he "Thinks" Jeff Long is negotiating a contract extension doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Ok Guv. Guess we shall see won't we

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

sickboy

I don't think Long is getting an extension, but I don't think Long is going to be let go or quietly take another job elsewhere.

rhames

Quote from: sickboy on October 12, 2017, 01:10:41 pm
I don't think Long is getting an extension, but I don't think Long is going to be let go or quietly take another job elsewhere.

I think he is since his contract is up in July.

GuvHog

I believe his contract expires next summer so if he doesn't get offered an extension or a new contract, I'd doubt that he hangs around until his current contract expires.

Grunt

The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Grunt

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 12, 2017, 12:59:54 pm
Jeff needs to go and go soon.
We can always fire him. Never underestimate the power of fans in agreement.

Grunt

I don't care if he does it loudly.

longpig

Jeffrey leaves here, it will be to a commissioner job or another P5 athletic department with multiple solid athletic programs like Arkansas. Contrary to popular belief, while at Arkansas his stock has gone up, way up.   We'll be fortunate to keep him.
Don't be scared, be smart.

sickboy

Quote from: rhames on October 12, 2017, 01:13:52 pm

I think he is since his contract is up in July.

Oh, I see. His current contract. Yes, I agree. They'll extend him.

GuvHog

Quote from: sickboy on October 12, 2017, 01:51:19 pm
Oh, I see. His current contract. Yes, I agree. They'll extend him.

With the current turmoil that's going on?? I doubt it.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

harrisburghog

Quote from: longpig on October 12, 2017, 01:26:05 pm
Jeffrey leaves here, it will be to a commissioner job or another P5 athletic department with multiple solid athletic programs like Arkansas. Contrary to popular belief, while at Arkansas his stock has gone up, way up.   We'll be fortunate to keep him.

I think the only reason he's where's he's at is because of the Petrino firing, without that he'd be just another ad.

Svrdhd

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 12, 2017, 02:44:23 pm
He needs to GO!!!!!
Why? Beilema's buyout has turned out to be fairly reasonable, so he didn't screw that up. Because he hired CBB in the first place? Heck, everyone in the entire country was shocked that we could snag the sitting Wisconsin coach, it was considered a fantastic hire at the time.
  Honestly, why all the hate for Long? Is it because he's from up north? Or because he's respected by his peers. Maybe the new reason is that he has exposed nearly all of us on Hogville as complete idiots who can't decipher a relatively simple employment contract that's been out there for 5 years.

I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

alohawg

Nebraska- a package deal for Long and Bielema.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hoggie17

He would be great as Nebraska's AD.

Jack The BN

More than anything, Mr. Long wants to run a clean program. And Coach B. does that. When Auburn, Ole Miss, and the others go down for their cheating. Arkansas will stand proud.
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

Hoggie17

Quote from: Jack The BN on October 12, 2017, 03:09:56 pm
More than anything, Mr. Long wants to run a clean program. And Coach B. does that. When Auburn, Ole Miss, and the others go down for their cheating. Arkansas will stand proud.
Even Princeton and Yale do that but don't win very many NC's.

Letsroll1200

Mr. Long will give Bret the opportunity to finish the season. If he does not won 7 games he will be fired. You can book it!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Any coach that sends a handwritten note should go to file 13.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Spektre

Is it too much to ask for the person hiring the coach to not require him to recruit choir boys... or at least get a coach that doesn't emphasize that? We're not Vanderbilt, no matter how much Pope Long wants us to be. I just want someone that will get ballplayers... they don't have to be brain surgeons. Keep them graduating, academically eligible, and out of jail. If you can't keep them out of jail, recruit enough speed to outrun the 5-0.  ;)

Professor Pig

Quote from: PLHawg on October 12, 2017, 11:48:19 am

Yes, he's contacting any and all universities that are possibly interested in hiring a new AD. His CV is bright and shiny today, and he's putting it out there for everyone to see. He's the kinda guy who must leave on his terms, and he's not going to risk getting fired over the next few years.

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 02:43:02 pm
With the current turmoil that's going on?? I doubt it.

Turmoil?
Baseball - good
Basketball - back on the up swing
Track - great
Football - mediocre
Women's basketball - new coach
Softball - just participated in the NCAA tourney
Golf - good
Swim team - ???

Athletic Department worth over $160 million.

Where exactly is this "current turmoil"

Freebrd

I hope long is reaching out for another school.

HawgPound

Quote from: Spektre on October 12, 2017, 08:05:15 pm
Is it too much to ask for the person hiring the coach to not require him to recruit choir boys... or at least get a coach that doesn't emphasize that? We're not Vanderbilt, no matter how much Pope Long wants us to be. I just want someone that will get ballplayers... they don't have to be brain surgeons. Keep them graduating, academically eligible, and out of jail. If you can't keep them out of jail, recruit enough speed to outrun the 5-0.  ;)
No thanks. I would rather Razorbacks not be in the news for raping women and stealing credit cards. IMO, that is much more embarrassing than losses on the field.

grayhawg

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on October 12, 2017, 08:16:38 pm
Turmoil?
Baseball - good
Basketball - back on the up swing
Track - great
Football - mediocre
Women's basketball - new coach
Softball - just participated in the NCAA tourney
Golf - good
Swim team - ???

Athletic Department worth over $160 million.

Where exactly is this "current turmoil"

In the sport that pays for the rest of them. ;)

Spektre

Quote from: HawgPound on October 12, 2017, 08:20:03 pm
No thanks. I would rather Razorbacks not be in the news for raping women and stealing credit cards. IMO, that is much more embarrassing than losses on the field.

"Keep them graduating, academically eligible, and out of jail."

Pretty much covered that. The last part of the comment was obviously sarcasm.

onebadrubi

Can someone tell me where along has failed at his Job?  I think it's funny he's proved just how many Arkansas fans are idiots

MemphisBossHog

maybe I misunderstood, but I thought Wally implied that JLong would go before BB and that might be coming down the pike when he was on Finebaum.  I didnt see the interview, so I could be completely wrong. Everyone on here was saying that Wally doesnt write anything unless he has already been told something, so I just assumed that Long was on a hotter seat than BB.   But I guess I shouldnt assume.  LOL

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 12, 2017, 08:29:49 pm
Can someone tell me where along has failed at his Job?  I think it's funny he's proved just how many Arkansas fans are idiots
I have seen a poll where Long ranked something like #5 out of all ADs of Power 5 schools.  Outside of the state of Arkansas, he is well respected. Thats why I figure we are stuck with BB cause Long loves him some BB and I figured the BOT loves Long because of how financially stable the Athletic Dept has been.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: alohawg on October 12, 2017, 03:05:22 pm
Nebraska- a package deal for Long and Bielema.

Nebraska fans won't accept Bielema no way. They would probably be OK with Long.

onebadrubi

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on October 12, 2017, 08:36:05 pm
I have seen a poll where Long ranked something like #5 out of all ADs of Power 5 schools.  Outside of the state of Arkansas, he is well respected. Thats why I figure we are stuck with BB cause Long loves him some BB and I figured the BOT loves Long because of how financially stable the Athletic Dept has been.

Nah. Way off base IMO

ThisTeetsTaken

Ole Miss NEEDS a dose of Jeff Long!
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Spektre

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: grayhawg on October 12, 2017, 08:20:13 pm
In the sport that pays for the rest of them. ;)

Seeing there's a huge check coming from the SEC this turmoil isn't as big as you're saying

rzrbackramsfan

Ever since I leaned the buyout for Bret is reasonable to low he was in good graces with me.  I don't get why some of you are so mad.  He's as an AD, not a psychic.  It was a good hire and firing Bret at the end of the year will be appropriate timing.

porkrindjimmy

Nope...he is going to be told he is hiring Tim Horton....

PRJ

Tusks

Some of you Longites keep peddling up that hill.  You'll eventually pass out, but keep peddling.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

texas tush hog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 12, 2017, 11:19:18 pm

PRJ

Excellent idea, and bring back Dr. Sean Rochelle and Don Decker. I know, I know, I'm dreaming.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 13, 2017, 12:06:39 am

Excellent idea, and bring back Dr. Sean Rochelle and Don Decker. I know, I know, I'm dreaming.

No to Tim Horton. Is not the answer here.

PRJ

hogblitz

October 13, 2017, 12:15:19 am #49 Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 12:30:31 am by hogblitz
Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 12, 2017, 11:19:18 pm

PRJ
Tim Horton for what?  Head coach!? Wouldn't that be for the head football coach to decide?  Or be forced to do.