(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 12, 2017, 09:21:33 pm
whatever works for you, man.

Better hope you are right....gonna be hell to pay if you aren't
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ballz2thewall

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 12, 2017, 09:22:29 pm
Better hope you are right....gonna be hell to pay if you aren't

ah...pascal's wager. i'll roll the dice.
The rest of the frog.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 12, 2017, 09:25:14 pm
ah...pascal's wager. i'll roll the dice.

Maybe you and Pascal can be roomies.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

The Hawg Marshal

Why listen to a show if it aggravates you every time you do?

Sho Nuff

Valid point about why would people listen if they don't like him.  My answer is that I haven't found another option in Central Arkansas during mid day.  Any suggestions?

Sivad

Quote from: Sho Nuff on October 12, 2017, 12:13:19 pm
Acri is TERRIBLE on the radio. 
He comes across as the most pompous jerk you could ever meet.
Some radio people have that unique ability to transmit their real personalities through the airwaves.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Sho Nuff on October 12, 2017, 10:16:08 pm
Valid point about why would people listen if they don't like him.  My answer is that I haven't found another option in Central Arkansas during mid day.  Any suggestions?

Sirius satellite radio.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: HogAlum99 on October 12, 2017, 03:27:44 pm
UCA is NOT part of the UA system. Both are state funded, but not part of the same system.  My belief is that Acri kisses up to Long b/c every now and then he will have Long on for a short segment or he will get an interview when Long or B.B. are in town.  As program director, he wants to carry UA sports on that station also. Little man is just butt kissing and just wanting to keep access with Long and the US.

My bad, you are correct.  I was thinking UCA but it is UALR.   Although all credits transfer among the 28 (I think is the number) state funded colleges that include UCA. 

This is the list of universities in Arkansas that are part of the U of A system:

University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
University of Arkansas at Monticello
University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
University of Arkansas at Fort Smith

ballz2thewall

i have a difficult listening to most of the FM shows. isn't acri on tv as well?
The rest of the frog.

J-Five

I listen to The Zone every day and I don't get some of these comments at all.  First of all:

1. Acri RARELY brings up Iowa St because he knows Arkansans don't care, he's said as much
2. Acri LOVES the Razorbacks.  He covered them for Channel 7 when he first got here and wants nothing but the best for them, he's said this SEVERAL times.
3. Acri doesn't like bashing in-state coaches, whether they deserve it or not, he's just not that type of guy.  (I think that's admirable)
4. He doesn't "defend" Bielema, he's just sick of almost every single call being about "how fat he is" or "his facial expressions" when those things have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS COACHING ABILITY.
5. He does play-by-play for UCA, so he brings them up occasionally (where appropriate) but he is very aware that this is a Razorback state and he has said as much.

I'm not paid by Acri, nor is he my friend, I just wanted to bring some facts to the table from someone who listens more often than "sometimes".
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

soso

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 12, 2017, 12:45:57 pm
People calling for gun violence on a message board...I'll be praying for you.
This made me laugh. Well played sir.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: J-Five on October 13, 2017, 09:41:50 am
I listen to The Zone every day and I don't get some of these comments at all.  First of all:

1. Acri RARELY brings up Iowa St because he knows Arkansans don't care, he's said as much
2. Acri LOVES the Razorbacks.  He covered them for Channel 7 when he first got here and wants nothing but the best for them, he's said this SEVERAL times.
3. Acri doesn't like bashing in-state coaches, whether they deserve it or not, he's just not that type of guy.  (I think that's admirable)
4. He doesn't "defend" Bielema, he's just sick of almost every single call being about "how fat he is" or "his facial expressions" when those things have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS COACHING ABILITY.
5. He does play-by-play for UCA, so he brings them up occasionally (where appropriate) but he is very aware that this is a Razorback state and he has said as much.

I'm not paid by Acri, nor is he my friend, I just wanted to bring some facts to the table from someone who listens more often than "sometimes".
Your name sounds familiar. Im pretty sure you're frequent caller of his show. Of course you'd never admit that in this thread
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

J-Five

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 13, 2017, 09:54:47 am
Your name sounds familiar. Im pretty sure you're frequent caller of his show. Of course you'd never admit that in this thread

The last time I called into that show was 2012...so you may have me mistaken.
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: SSFrazorback on October 12, 2017, 01:34:43 pm
Ignorance, read my post again. Religion & politics have no place on.a sports show.

Please. Quit acting like a jerk just for the sake of it.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

jusgtohogs

people in media have a long-held philosophy of " love me or hate me but don't ignore me".  Congrats to the OP for keeping him relevant