Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Acri just wont give it up

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, October 12, 2017, 11:46:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I know, my 1st mistake of the day was tuning into his show. This guy is the only person in Arkansas media still going out of his way to defend bielema and jeff long. He said "Its not like Arkansas is going out and getting shelled every week." Really?  ??? Did you watch the game last week? We're going to get shelled for the next two weeks man. Someone on the hill HAS to have compromising pictures of him or something like that because he's doing everything in his power to refute whats happening
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

hoghearted

wonder what his definition of 'shelled' is?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Torqued pork

Acri equates Arkansas to his school, Iowa State. Any expectations that go beyond simply participating are unreasonable.

lechon

He had to get this shot in before Sunday morning
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

onebadrubi

He manages the buzz and his ego is so big he has to give himself a show.  Anyone that signs off in the crap that station airs most the time isn't the smartest to begin with

hoglady

He's not really an Arkansas fan - he's an Iowa St. fan.

Has little to no history with the program and doesn't understand fans who want and expect better.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Sho Nuff

Acri is TERRIBLE on the radio.  He comes across as the most pompous jerk you could ever meet.  Also, he is very condescending to anyone who mentions Christian faith.  Twice in the last month or so he has interviewed people who mention their faith (one was the guy putting together the prayer rally at WMS and the other was a lady that works for CBC in Conway) and he has made crude comments to both of them.  He seems to have no reason for his arrogance.  Did one of you guys tell him he has talent?  If so, that was mean.

SSFrazorback

People pushing their religion or their politics on a sports show should be shot down.

Tusks

Quote from: SSFrazorback on October 12, 2017, 12:18:21 pm
People pushing their religion or their politics on a sports show should be shot down.

Thanks for joining us Acri.  Don't interview them if you don't want to hear what they have to say.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

LRRandy

Little man syndrome. The only reason he is on the air is that he is the program director. I refuse to listen to that show even though I like Pat Bradley. Acri is terrible.
This is fun, isn't it.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Andrew Hogfan

He's horrible.  He talks more about UCA than the hogs.  Can't stand him.
WPS!!!

NavarreHog

October 12, 2017, 12:42:38 pm #12 Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 12:56:37 pm by NavarreHog
Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 12, 2017, 11:46:45 am
I know, my 1st mistake of the day was tuning into his show. This guy is the only person in Arkansas media still going out of his way to defend bielema and jeff long. He said "Its not like Arkansas is going out and getting shelled every week." Really?  ??? Did you watch the game last week? We're going to get shelled for the next two weeks man. Someone on the hill HAS to have compromising pictures of him or something like that because he's doing everything in his power to refute whats happening

Acri is no fan of CBB and the Arkansas Razorbacks. I have been in conversations around him where he was openly mocking both. 

Ex-Trumpet

People calling for gun violence on a message board...I'll be praying for you.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Uncommon

Quote from: Wildhog on October 12, 2017, 12:39:00 pm

I never got the hype for that stuff.  Doesn't taste very good, IMO.

DeltaBoy

It hard to listen too as much as I like Pat !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

theFlyingHog

Hey look, there's a topic on Hogville about him. Maybe that's what he's going for. No such thing as bad publicity, ever hear that?

HungryHog

He's not the only one.  Yesterday Bo was interviewing Stoops and was trying to bait him with questions:
bo:  "What positions are hard to recruit for college, really hard to assess talent potential????  O-Line???"

Stoops: "No, d-line is hard to assess, and QB is most important to recruit."

They are just digging for passes to give to Bert..

onebadrubi

The Hawg Marshal

I have no idea who Acri is. I'm good with that.

Ironhawg

Sho Nuff

Ignorance, read my post again.  He was interviewing them for the purpose of promoting the prayer gathering at WMS and they did an on site show at CBC.  I don't think he is anti-religion or he wouldn't have agreed to do the interviews.  I just think he is smug and it is very rude to take shots at the people you are interviewing.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Acri is an Iowa State fan.  He couldn't give two cr@ps about Arkansas football.  He is a yankee wearing red.

Razorbackers

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on October 12, 2017, 01:08:31 pm
Acri is an Iowa State fan.  He couldn't give two cr@ps about Arkansas football.  He is a yankee wearing red.

My god. Yankees everywhere.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: Razorbackers on October 12, 2017, 01:10:10 pm
My god. Yankees everywhere.

No doubt.  Acri is an Iowa State grad.  He has made that well known over the years.

I rarely listen to his show, but I bet the first thing out of his mouth Monday was something about Iowa State beating OU.

SSFrazorback

Quote from: Sho Nuff on October 12, 2017, 01:06:35 pm
Ignorance, read my post again.  He was interviewing them for the purpose of promoting the prayer gathering at WMS and they did an on site show at CBC.  I don't think he is anti-religion or he wouldn't have agreed to do the interviews.  I just think he is smug and it is very rude to take shots at the people you are interviewing.

Ignorance, read my post again. Religion & politics have no place on.a sports show.

AirWarren

Quote from: Sho Nuff on October 12, 2017, 12:13:19 pm
Acri is TERRIBLE on the radio.  He comes across as the most pompous jerk you could ever meet.  Also, he is very condescending to anyone who mentions Christian faith.  Twice in the last month or so he has interviewed people who mention their faith (one was the guy putting together the prayer rally at WMS and the other was a lady that works for CBC in Conway) and he has made crude comments to both of them.  He seems to have no reason for his arrogance.  Did one of you guys tell him he has talent?  If so, that was mean.

How much you wanna bet his kid's go to one of the private Christian schools in Little Rock?

Go back to Iowa little man.

The Boar War

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on October 12, 2017, 01:14:15 pm
No doubt.  Acri is an Iowa State grad.  He has made that well known over the years.

I rarely listen to his show, but I bet the first thing out of his mouth Monday was something about Iowa State beating OU.

To be fair it would be odd if he didn't.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: The Boar War on October 12, 2017, 01:42:34 pm
To be fair it would be odd if he didn't.

True that.  He probably squeezed in near the end of Tommy, Dave, and Roger and did a hooray before his show even started.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 12, 2017, 12:03:05 pm
He manages the buzz and his ego is so big he has to give himself a show.  Anyone that signs off in the crap that station airs most the time isn't the smartest to begin with

UCA is part of the University of Arkansas system, of which Acri has radio ties.  As the boss, he himself has rules of ethics with which he must conform.  To discredit any school within the U of A system would be like calling his client, and employer, a bad name.  Others can do it, just not Acri.  They would not be his client for very long.  We all know how that works, and no one can really blame Acri for holding up his end of the bargain there.  It wouldn't be any different than an NFL player defying the team owner regarding the league rule on the anthem, and then risking dismissal for going against it.

If I was in Acri's shoes, I'd not be the bad mouther either.

HogAlum99

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on October 12, 2017, 02:45:45 pm
UCA is part of the University of Arkansas system, of which Acri has radio ties.  As the boss, he himself has rules of ethics with which he must conform.  To discredit any school within the U of A system would be like calling his client, and employer, a bad name.  Others can do it, just not Acri.  They would not be his client for very long.  We all know how that works, and no one can really blame Acri for holding up his end of the bargain there.  It wouldn't be any different than an NFL player defying the team owner regarding the league rule on the anthem, and then risking dismissal for going against it.

UCA is NOT part of the UA system. Both are state funded, but not part of the same system.  My belief is that Acri kisses up to Long b/c every now and then he will have Long on for a short segment or he will get an interview when Long or B.B. are in town.  As program director, he wants to carry UA sports on that station also. Little man is just butt kissing and just wanting to keep access with Long and the US.

onebadrubi

onebadrubi

WTH you talking bout wylis...  you took any of this from my post?  Swooosh right over your head

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 12, 2017, 12:58:21 pm
I have no idea who Acri is. I'm good with that.

Me too, and according to what i have read here, i am glad as well.  Now, I am going to stop reading this thread before I come to a post that says where i can find him, at that point I will be obligated to go look.  So....
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on October 12, 2017, 03:30:21 pm
Me too, and according to what i have read here, i am glad as well.  Now, I am going to stop reading this thread before I come to a post that says where i can find him, at that point I will be obligated to go look.  So....

103.7 the buzz.  Thank me later!  Ha!!!!

factchecker

https://www.uasys.edu/campuses-affiliates/

QuoteCampuses & Affiliates

Universities

University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
University of Arkansas at Monticello
University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
University of Arkansas at Fort Smith

Two-Year Colleges

Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas
University of Arkansas Community College at Hope
University of Arkansas Community College at Batesville
Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas
University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton
University of Arkansas Community College at Rich Mountain
University of Arkansas Pulaski Technical College

Other Units

Division of Agriculture
Arkansas Archeological Survey
Criminal Justice Institute
Arkansas School for Mathematics, Sciences and the Arts
University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service
The Winthrop Rockefeller Institute
University of Arkansas System eVersity
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hog N Bama

I quit listening to the BUZZ so long ago, it took me a minute to realize who Justin Acri was.  Dude talks too fast, that is whenever there aren't nonstop commercials, and whenever they talk about sports instead of being clowns. All ads up to a big fat 0 for me. :puke:

Hog N Bama

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on October 12, 2017, 01:08:31 pm
Bingo!

Hog N Bama

Are you from Iowa too?!?! Good grief lol

Sho Nuff

Quote from: SSFrazorback on October 12, 2017, 01:34:43 pm
Ignorance, read my post again. Religion & politics have no place on.a sports show.

Sorry they didn't check it with you first oh Lord of the 8 posts.  It's funny how offended people get when you mention God.  It didn't used to be that way in our country.

HogAlum99

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 12, 2017, 03:29:46 pm
WTH you talking bout wylis...  you took any of this from my post?  Swooosh right over your head

Sorry onebadrubi. Was trying to quote Big Brandanallenfan, but somehow quoted you. Anyway, the point was to him that Acri kisses Long's ass b/c UCA is part of the UA system, which it is not. He does however have an interest of kissing up to Long and the UA b/c as program director he wants the UA access and interviews which he may not get if he was critical of Long or the University. Regardless, he is a liberal carpetbagger who is better suited for Yankee radio and the sooner the better! It's Willis btw (not wylis)!

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Sho Nuff on October 12, 2017, 12:13:19 pm

so he's not into fairy tales......
The rest of the frog.

Sho Nuff

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 12, 2017, 07:41:41 pm
so he's not into fairy tales......
God is not a fairytale my friend.  We will all come to this realization at some point. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: HogAlum99 on October 12, 2017, 07:35:46 pm
Sorry onebadrubi. Was trying to quote Big Brandanallenfan, but somehow quoted you. Anyway, the point was to him that Acri kisses Long's ass b/c UCA is part of the UA system, which it is not. He does however have an interest of kissing up to Long and the UA b/c as program director he wants the UA access and interviews which he may not get if he was critical of Long or the University. Regardless, he is a liberal carpetbagger who is better suited for Yankee radio and the sooner the better! It's Willis btw (not wylis)!

Haha gotcha.  I was like man I hadn't even hit the sauce today but felt like I did

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on October 12, 2017, 12:41:38 pm
He's horrible.  He talks more about UCA than the hogs.  Can't stand him.

I think he does some radio work covering UCA (I might be incorrect about that).

UCA's football team is worth talking about.  They are the only major collegiate team in the state who is playing solid fundamentally sound football.  The UofA Football Program is in shambles, and Arkansas State is mediocre.

TheRazorback500

I don't like him interviewing the opposition's play by play guy. Eli Gold should stick to NASCAR.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Ex-Trumpet

I guess I'm just amazed that so many people listen to a guy they can't stand to listen to.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

RedRock

103.7 is a completely awful.  It was so much better when Bo had his show from 1-4.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 12, 2017, 09:08:29 pm
I guess I'm just amazed that so many people listen to a guy they can't stand to listen to.

^^^this
He's a goofball
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Sho Nuff on October 12, 2017, 08:30:44 pm
God is not a fairytale my friend.  We will all come to this realization at some point.

whatever works for you, man.
The rest of the frog.