Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The buyout smokescreen - AKA the sour grapes thread

Started by The OTR, October 12, 2017, 10:34:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hehawg

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 12, 2017, 12:22:36 pm
Sour grapes. That's what we have here.  A bunch of sour grapes.

The yankee fooled us all. You guys have been saying for a year how dumb the contract was..how dumb the buyout was. 

Long sat there stone faced with his hand on the trap door lever and a royal flush up his sleeve. 

Gotta admire his self discipline  He's sitting there amused at hillbillies like Delta and Wally Hall among others here who shall remain nameless.

PT Barnum was right.

Not sure how no one here took a look at this contract. I've been saying for weeks that Long isn't going anywhere...trying to give some clues as soon as as the contract details came to light for me...but nobody caught on. Just kept banging the fire jeff long drum.

Long's more powerful right now than he's ever been. He has a dossier on more than a few people on here.  He knows who's been naughty and who's been nice. His tentacles are far reaching and powerful.  He knows the folks that have been talking bad about him and who's been supportive. I'm not saying some of you need to be nervous....but...some of you might want to add a deadbolt to your door if you don't have one and might think twice about popping off here anymore. One person that was mentioned earlier in this thread who shall remain nameless posts something negative about Jeff Long approximately 10% of the time(granted mostly two and three word posts...sometimes Fire Long..sometimes Fire Jeff Long) if you go back and look at hit post history.  Long's dossier on him is as thick as a King James Bible.  He needs to be nervous. I'm nervous for him. 

This is a textbook case of why we need to stop with all the sharecropping and get back to farming our own land. Text...book.

I laughed out loud....
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

LZH

I have skimmed through this thread for the past day or two, so if anyone has actually answered this question, my bad. But with his contract being public record and I suppose quite accessible on the Internet, how did $15 million become $5 million without anyone knowing about it? Is there some lawyer code/legal jargon that requires an ace barrister to decipher?

And I am not about to point fingers at anyone and laugh about how wrong they were, because no one I've talked to knew anything about it either. Does anyone have any idea what actually happened/or is happening?

jkstock04

Quote from: LZH on October 14, 2017, 12:09:37 am
I have skimmed through this thread for the past day or two, so if anyone has actually answered this question, my bad. But with his contract being public record and I suppose quite accessible on the Internet, how did $15 million become $5 million without anyone knowing about it? Is there some lawyer code/legal jargon that requires an ace barrister to decipher?

And I am not about to point fingers at anyone and laugh about how wrong they were, because no one I've talked to knew anything about it either. Does anyone have any idea what actually happened/or is happening?
That's pretty much it. Lawyer jargon/fine print stuff that (evidently) nobody cared to look into before painting the 15 million buyout as fact.

In my opinion, you could have lawyers argue this either way depending on which side is paying them. I still don't think it's 100% clear.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

haystack

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 14, 2017, 12:20:37 am
In my opinion, you could have lawyers argue this either way depending on which side is paying them. I still don't think it's 100% clear.
I don't claim to be a lawyer, but I don't see how it's not 100% clear. We all saw a chart and just stopped there, but if you take the time to read it, it's 100% clear to anyone who knows how that math stuff works. I nearly cried tears of joy when I finally read about numerators and denominators.

It's also enough to change my mind on JL... if he can make a solid hire this time. Then again, I was one of the few I knew that was terribly disappointed with the CBB hire to begin with.

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: haystack on October 14, 2017, 07:48:20 am
I don't claim to be a lawyer, but I don't see how it's not 100% clear. We all saw a chart and just stopped there, but if you take the time to read it, it's 100% clear to anyone who knows how that math stuff works. I nearly cried tears of joy when I finally read about numerators and denominators.

It's also enough to change my mind on JL... if he can make a solid hire this time. Then again, I was one of the few I knew that was terribly disappointed with the CBB hire to begin with.
This. Just read the document. It spells it out in plain English. The formula is not even complex. You divide and then multiply.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

hawgon

No, not really.  It was all right there and pretty clear to see and understand.  Pretty much it looks like no one bothered to read past the chart.

The OTR

A few of us knew about it...Porkatarian, me, Jeff Long. The three of us had the self discipline to sit on it all these years.  I gave more hints than the other two but I didn't figure a bunch of southerners would figure this out or bother to read the details...let alone comprehend the contract if they did read it.

Pork and Long probably weren't bothered too much by keeping it from you boys. I'll admit it bothered me every time I saw a fire Jeff Long post or a let's get Jerry Jones or the Waltons to write us a big check.

I don't know this for sure but I suspect the big money donors may have known as well which is why they haven't been squawking around like a hog with a corncob like some of you.  I know I didn't tell them. I can't speak for Long or Pork. Doesn't seem like something they would do.

Everyone needs to simmer down.  We got this. 

scaldedhog

Make Arkansas Football great again

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 14, 2017, 08:32:01 am
A few of us knew about it...Porkatarian, me, Jeff Long. The three of us had the self discipline to sit on it all these years.  I gave more hints than the other two but I didn't figure a bunch of southerners would figure this out or bother to read the details...let alone comprehend the contract if they did read it.

Pork and Long probably weren't bothered too much by keeping it from you boys. I'll admit it bothered me every time I saw a fire Jeff Long post or a let's get Jerry Jones or the Waltons to write us a big check.

I don't know this for sure but I suspect the big money donors may have known as well which is why they haven't been squawking around like a hog with a corncob like some of you.  I know I didn't tell them. I can't speak for Long or Pork. Doesn't seem like something they would do.

Everyone needs to simmer down.  We got this.
Well, well...as long as you, JL, the BOTs, Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson have things well under control then of course we can settle down and sleep peacefully. Now would you please do something will "Little Kim" over there in NK? I'm sure the rest of the world would be eternally grateful.

Dark Helmet Hog

The lawyers can debate a little on meaning (that's what lawyers do) but the language has apparently always been there. What are the options for who knew what? There are 4.

No one understood the buyout, neither Long or Bielema.
Long understood. Bielema did not.
Long did not. Bielema understood.
Both understood the buyout.

Now, which scenario is more likely based on the evidence at hand?

- Every news organization that reported on the buyout reported the large size of it since the beginning. No one bothered to ever change or correct the narrative.
- As it became evident all is not right with the program, the buyout has become Long's albatross. If Long knew the buyout was less, why let it make him appear foolish for such a long period of time? This could not have played well to Long's ego or his supporters.
- Bielema has coached like a man with a 15mm dollar buyout. Where was any incentive to improve?
- Consider how the newly understood terms of the buyout finally came to light. It came through a news organization that has a precedence for putting the writing on the wall for departing coaches. It is likely the information was fed to them. Who did the feeding? Go back to the "writing on the wall".

Now, which of the 4 scenarios are supported by the evidence? I'll tell you this. Long is no genius and his political savvy is terrible. Appears to be a possible house cleaning attempt underway. Bash away Long lovers.

MB Hog

December 02, 2017, 02:20:16 pm #160 Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 10:00:40 am by MB Hog
Looks like Pancetta was correct with the statement below.  He deleted his original post because he thought he was proven wrong, but turns out he was correct after all.

Quote from: Pancetta on October 12, 2017, 12:38:51 pm
Have any of you went back and looked at the contract?  I just did and It 100% says we have to pay him $11.7 million if we fire him on Jan 2018. The extension is just an addendum to the original. I have no idea what "legal expert" they got to review it but they should fire him. Look for yourselves. Jist go to end and work your way backwards. https://2michy3wy0l30d34041dt1et-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/football/wp-content/uploads/coach-contracts/bretbielema-ua-employment-contract.pdf

Technically, UA owed CBB $15.4 million because he was fired before January 2018, but they compromised and gave him the $11.7... or $11.8,... I guess since it was so close to January.

hog911

But Long is Mr Integrity! He would never do anything underhanded or not in the best interest of the Razorbacks! The same folks who bought his manure are the same ones who though hill dog was a sweet little old lady! Pathetic!!!!

gangstaback

Once again the glorious hogville school of law is rused by a nameless hero who bothered to read the entire thing (in this case a contract). The pen is indeed mightier than the boar.

PorkSoda

Quote from: MB Hog on December 02, 2017, 02:20:16 pm
Looks like Pancetta was correct with the statement below.  He deleted his original post because he thought he was proven wrong, but turns out he was correct after all.

Quote from: Pancetta on October 12, 2017, 12:38:51 pm
Have any of you went back and looked at the contract?  I just did and It 100% says we have to pay him $11.7 million if we fire him on Jan 2018. The extension is just an addendum to the original. I have no idea what "legal expert" they got to review it but they should fire him. Look for yourselves. Jist go to end and work your way backwards. https://2michy3wy0l30d34041dt1et-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/football/wp-content/uploads/coach-contracts/bretbielema-ua-employment-contract.pdf

Technically, UA owed CBB $15.4 million because he was fired before January 2018, but they compromised and gave him the $11.7... or $11.8,... I guess since it was so close to January.
technically the months are prorated
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.