Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The buyout smokescreen - AKA the sour grapes thread

Started by The OTR, October 12, 2017, 10:34:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The OTR

October 12, 2017, 10:34:27 am Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 12:12:52 pm by Pillowhead Jackson
Looks like we've all been fooled by that carnival magician Jeff Long. He's been sitting on a $15 million smokescreen for all these years...now it suddenly and mysteriously leaks out that it may not be $15 million. 

This was a smokescreen's smokescreen. This makes the smokescreen of hiring Les Miles look like pulling a quarter out a 3 year old's ear. 

Expect more smokescreens.  None of us know what he's up to. That much is certain and we prove how little we know every day.

Somehow this sly old boy from up north is going to continue to pull rabbits out of his hat and saw folks in half right before our eyes (I'd like to volunteer a few of you to get sawed in half) and we're going to sit here and like it.

The only guy who could mess this up is CBB himself. If he wins six games and gets a bowl game he may mess up Long's trick.

And the last three football coaches were rabbits out of a hat anyway. Expect continued and prodigious use of smokescreens that will make Fayetteville look like one big fun house. Expect Long to hire someone that has never been mentioned here before. 

Razorbackers

Arkansas football is a false flag operation to distract us from the real truth, that Pepsi is trying to take over the world and is in a full out war with all Coke institutions.

Sourpuss

Long is slick for sure.  I've always said, even when folks were sore on here that "that Long is Slick.". I've even toyed with branding him, "Slick Long" or "Slick n' Long". "Big Slick Long". Anyway, you get the idea.  Point being, he seems to have had this ace in the hole all along.  I wonder if Bret feels like Long outfoxed him? I'll bet that clause doesn't make it to the next contract that Bret signs.  Should be called the complacency clause.

Hogs-n-Roses

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Gotta hand it to old jeffie, he has followed the pimp handbook down to the "T"
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

The OTR

Quote from: Sourpuss on October 12, 2017, 10:48:21 am
Long is slick for sure.  I've always said, even when folks were sore on here that "that Long is Slick.". I've even toyed with branding him, "Slick Long" or "Slick n' Long". "Big Slick Long". Anyway, you get the idea.  Point being, he seems to have had this ace in the hole all along.  I wonder if Bret feels like Long outfoxed him? I'll bet that clause doesn't make it to the next contract that Bret signs.  Should be called the complacency clause.

CBB was holding a lottery ticket.  Today he finds out that lottery ticket is for 1/3 of what he thought it was.  He could have bought 1000 more teacup yorkies with that lottery ticket. Now he can only buy 300 or so more.

One thing I know about northerners.  They know how to outfox southern folk like it's a job.

Seebs

Sure this is not a Tunnel screen? Perhaps a Bubble screen. Sun Screen?
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 12, 2017, 10:55:14 am
CBB was holding a lottery ticket.  Today he finds out that lottery ticket is for 1/3 of what he thought it was.  He could have bought 1000 more teacup yorkies with that lottery ticket. Now he can only buy 300 or so more.

One thing I know about northerners.  They know how to outfox southern folk like it's a job.

There is no way that CBB and his lawyers/agent didn't know what the real number is.  If the ADG can figure it out I'm sure his lawyers did as well

King Kong

The contract has been out their for the public for years.

It's not a smokescreen as much as reporters didn't do there job until now.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: King Kong on October 12, 2017, 10:58:50 am

I do find it funny that everyone has been soiling their panties over the 15 million dollar buyout and I think that Long was was wise to have not mentioned it and let everyone foam at the mouth about it. Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake--Napoleon

longpig

Quote from: Sourpuss on October 12, 2017, 10:48:21 am

It's not so much Long being slick as it is the peasants being out of the know.   
Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on October 12, 2017, 10:58:35 am
There is no way that CBB and his lawyers/agent didn't know what the real number is.  If the ADG can figure it out I'm sure his lawyers did as well

Exactly
Don't be scared, be smart.

The OTR

Let me put this a way you boys can understand....pains me to have to spell it out this way but for some of you numskulls it's the only way you will ever understand the high level business dealings of this thing.

CBB is standing there in his windbreaker on a trap door. He just doesn't know it. He's fat and happy.  Long is standing on the side looking at him, hand steady on the lever. Long knows that those hungry crocodiles are just below the trap door and all he has to do is move the lever two inches and CBB's a goner. 

CBB just realized there's a trap door. He just realized that Long just moved the lever a quarter inch yesterday.  The trap door is cracked just a bit and he sees those glowing eyes of crocodiles just below him. He wants to hop off the trap door but he's afraid if he moves the thing will break under his bulk and he'll be gone.  His only hope is Jeff Long having mercy on him.  With every loss this season Long moves the lever another half inch.  At some point CBB may decide enough is enough and ask for another way out. Long may or may not allow him to step off and step away on his own terms. Who knows. Long's eyes are cold blue steel right now. Old stone poker face.

I hope some of you catch on soon. I've watched this buyout obsessed mess around here for two years screaming about Jerry Jones and the Waltons buying out this contract while Jeff Long is sitting there with a full house. 

Sad really that more of you haven't seen this before today. It's funny in some ways too..but mostly just really sad....and really funny.

island hog

All parties involved have been fully aware of what's what in the contract vis a vis Coach B's buyout... except Hogville. 

Sourpuss

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 12, 2017, 11:16:20 am
Let me put this a way you boys can understand....pains me to have to spell it out this way but for some of you numskulls it's the only way you will ever understand the high level business dealings of this thing.

CBB is standing there in his windbreaker on a trap door. He just doesn't know it. He's fat and happy.  Long is standing on the side looking at him, hand steady on the lever. Long knows that those hungry crocodiles are just below the trap door and all he has to do is move the lever two inches and CBB's a goner. 

CBB just realized there's a trap door. He just realized that Long just moved the lever a quarter inch yesterday.  The trap door is cracked just a bit and he sees those glowing eyes of crocodiles just below him. He wants to hop off the trap door but he's afraid if he moves the thing will break under his bulk and he'll be gone.  His only hope is Jeff Long having mercy on him.  With every loss this season Long moves the lever another half inch.  At some point CBB may decide enough is enough and ask for another way out. Long may or may not allow him to step off and step away on his own terms. Who knows. Long's eyes are cold blue steel right now. Old stone poker face.

I hope some of you catch on soon. I've watched this buyout obsessed mess around here for two years screaming about Jerry Jones and the Waltons buying out this contract while Jeff Long is sitting there with a full house. 

Sad really that more of you haven't seen this before today. It's funny in some ways too..but mostly just really sad....and really funny.
So you are saying that niether Jones, Hunt, you, Walton's, Stephens, Tyson's has been approached for $?!  Not one time?

Tusks

I said in another thread.  Jeff Long this morning when the new buyout story broke to the razorback fanbase, "hahahahahahaha fooled ya".

Ok Jeff great, you 'fooled' the fanbase.  I didn't know there was a test.  How about doing your job.

Kind of reeks of untrustworthy to me.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hawgon

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on October 12, 2017, 10:58:35 am

Nolan says, "Pay me my money and I'm gone."

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 12, 2017, 10:34:27 am
Looks like we've all been fooled by that carnival magician Jeff Long. He's been sitting on a $15 million smokescreen for all these years...now it suddenly and mysteriously leaks out that it may not be $15 million. 

This was a smokescreen's smokescreen. This makes the smokescreen of hiring Les Miles look like pulling a quarter out a 3 year old's ear. 

Expect more smokescreens.  None of us know what he's up to. That much is certain and we prove how little we know every day.

Somehow this sly old boy from up north is going to continue to pull rabbits out of his hat and saw folks in half right before our eyes (I'd like to volunteer a few of you to get sawed in half) and we're going to sit here and like it.

The only guy who could mess this up is CBB himself. If he wins six games and gets a bowl game he may mess up Long's trick.

And the last three football coaches were rabbits out of a hat anyway. Expect continued and prodigious use of smokescreens that will make Fayetteville look like one big fun house. Expect Long to hire someone that has never been mentioned here before. 

It would be ignorant to overlook or undervalue this here thread but some folks here will because they won't be able to admit ol JL is pretty sly, even for a carpetbagger.  If he maintains these smokescreens and equation based buyout clauses, he could earn himself a spot in my moniker hall of fame. 
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

hogsanity

Quote from: Sourpuss on October 12, 2017, 11:21:17 am
So you are saying that niether Jones, Hunt, you, Walton's, Stephens, Tyson's has been approached for $?!  Not one time?
Quote from: island hog on October 12, 2017, 11:21:05 am
All parties involved have been fully aware of what's what in the contract vis a vis Coach B's buyout... except Hogville. 

Well, since Hogville was not actually involved it was much more fun to watch some of these goobs run with the 15mil buyout # like it had just come down with Moses from the Mountain. 

That much is certain and we prove how little we know every day.

At least Pillowhead has become self aware
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Iceman

He has not exactly been hiding it. It's in a contract in plain sight. No one took the time to read it fully.

Jimbob111

I'm not sure but I think I lost a few IQ points reading that. I can't decide if you're for, against, or against being for?
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

howie76

So Bret and his agent just glanced over the new contract, seen a 15.4 million dollar buy out over several years, then just stopped reading? Said oh heck that's good enough for me I'll sign it...Bret probably asked his agent  wonder what these other 27 pages say? Oh who cares just sign it..

King Kong

Quote from: tusked on October 12, 2017, 11:22:02 am

I said in another thread.  Jeff Long this morning when the new buyout story broke to the razorback fanbase, "hahahahahahaha fooled ya".

Ok Jeff great, you 'fooled' the fanbase.  I didn't know there was a test.  How about doing your job.

It's public information. It's been public information. Jeff Long didn't at any point try to fool anyone

Großer Kriegschwein

They didn't want to.

Being Bret Bielema, access to the players, etc....

Reminds me of Chin Gigante.

It's a business and they want to report on more than crumbs. Staying on the athletic department's good side is a good plan until the program stinks so bad that nobody wants to hear/read about it anymore. Then they are gonna protect their base subscribers/clickers/listeners.
This is my non-signature signature.

King Kong

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 12, 2017, 11:28:15 am
They didn't want to.

Being Bret Bielema, access to the players, etc....

Reminds me of Chin Gigante.

There is probably truth to it. But also people probably didn't expect it to get this bad.
I know I didn't.

Getting blown out by SC is beyond embarrassing

Sourpuss

Quote from: tusked on October 12, 2017, 11:22:02 am

I don't think I'd tempt Long right now in a public forum unless you are SQUEAKY clean.  I wouldn't put it past a guy like Long to have a dossier on some folks on here that have been overly critical, especially with regard to his jurisprudence.  He's powerful and he's aware that he's powerful.  If you work for a Tyson, Stephens....I'd stay mum til things cool down.

smb

Is this what they call the "rest of the story".
GeorgiaHOG

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: King Kong on October 12, 2017, 11:32:35 am
There is probably truth to it. But also people probably didn't expect it to get this bad.
I know I didn't.

Getting blown out by SC is beyond embarrassing

The media is guilty of believing the stuff they're writing, which also happens to be the stuff they are told by the coaches/administrators.

Many of them now, as in the case of Wally, once they realize that it isn't what it seems or what they've been writing for 5 years, begins to manifest initially in anger. That anger is coming across in his columns now.

Expect to see more, except with the few that will ride that train until it has completely fallen off the tracks.

The OTR

Quote from: King Kong on October 12, 2017, 11:27:53 am
It's public information. It's been public information. Jeff Long didn't at any point try to fool anyone

He counted on us not being able to read. Northerners thinking southerners are all stupid and illiterate.  I'm proud to say that we here at hogville prove that point on a daily basis.

hawg1221

He is not responsible for explaining the contract details. He can't help it if the state has dumb fans in it. He really doesn't have to say anything to the fans of this Great State.

Sourpuss

It's funny to me that Slick Long who, as recently as yesterday, was being measured for a casket. Now, 24 hours later, we find out that Bielema, who thought he had a solid contract, got a sponge bath from Long, and is now over a "trap door."  He may or may not be keeping a dossier on some on here.  If you are connected to big donors, I'd hold off taking him to task until things die down or you may be finding out what kind of severance package your work place offers. scary.  Glad I've had enough sense to keep my yapper shut.

Tusks

Quote from: hawg1221 on October 12, 2017, 11:43:17 am
He is not responsible for explaining the contract details. He can't help it if the state has dumb fans in it. He really doesn't have to say anything to the fans of this Great State.

Wait, it's the fans responsibly to double check the AD's work and figure out the real numbers?  BULL SCHITE.

It's the AD's responsibly to be straight forward with the fanbase.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ur

Quote from: Sourpuss on October 12, 2017, 11:34:08 am
I don't think I'd tempt Long right now in a public forum unless you are SQUEAKY clean.  I wouldn't put it past a guy like Long to have a dossier on some folks on here that have been overly critical, especially with regard to his jurisprudence.  He's powerful and he's aware that he's powerful.  If you work for a Tyson, Stephens....I'd stay mum til things cool down.
Glad I have a remote start on my car.

Sourpuss

Boys it's real simple, Bielema was sold a rabbit, but Long handed him a cat.  Bret didn't look down. He just said thanks, put on his sandals and some Bob Marley, and walked out to the field, carrying the aforementioned cat.

The OTR

Quote from: tusked on October 12, 2017, 12:10:12 pm
Wait, it's the fans responsibly to double check the AD's work and figure out the real numbers?  BULL SCHITE.

Sour grapes. That's what we have here.  A bunch of sour grapes.

The yankee fooled us all. You guys have been saying for a year how dumb the contract was..how dumb the buyout was. 

Long sat there stone faced with his hand on the trap door lever and a royal flush up his sleeve. 

Gotta admire his self discipline  He's sitting there amused at hillbillies like Delta and Wally Hall among others here who shall remain nameless.

PT Barnum was right.

Not sure how no one here took a look at this contract. I've been saying for weeks that Long isn't going anywhere...trying to give some clues as soon as as the contract details came to light for me...but nobody caught on. Just kept banging the fire jeff long drum.

Long's more powerful right now than he's ever been. He has a dossier on more than a few people on here.  He knows who's been naughty and who's been nice. His tentacles are far reaching and powerful.  He knows the folks that have been talking bad about him and who's been supportive. I'm not saying some of you need to be nervous....but...some of you might want to add a deadbolt to your door if you don't have one and might think twice about popping off here anymore. One person that was mentioned earlier in this thread who shall remain nameless posts something negative about Jeff Long approximately 10% of the time(granted mostly two and three word posts...sometimes Fire Long..sometimes Fire Jeff Long) if you go back and look at hit post history.  Long's dossier on him is as thick as a King James Bible.  He needs to be nervous. I'm nervous for him. 

This is a textbook case of why we need to stop with all the sharecropping and get back to farming our own land. Text...book.

Sourpuss

Question for Pillowhead Jackson or anyone connected. How much wiggle room does Bret have?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Razorbackers on October 12, 2017, 10:36:53 am
Arkansas football is a false flag operation to distract us from the real truth, that Pepsi is trying to take over the world and is in a full out war with all Coke institutions.

Bruh.

One of my favorite posts like ever.

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: tusked on October 12, 2017, 12:10:12 pm

Cmon, man. Think about it.

Like the guy or not, it's the AD's job to publicly support the coach until it's tme for a new coach. How in gods green earth could JL come out and correct our retarded media (sorry, but not reading the contract and misreporting this for years is pretty bad) without looking like he's not 100% behind CBB?

"Hey everybody, don't worry, the buyout is nowhere near that high. I can still fire him at a reasonable cost if he doesn't win" doesn't exactly instill confidence in the program.

If anything, the fact that Long let people roast him over that contract without correcting it makes me trust him more. The guy took the heat over something he didn't do to keep confidence in the program as high as possible.
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Sourpuss on October 12, 2017, 12:22:30 pm
Boys it's real simple, Bielema was sold a rabbit, but Long handed him a cat.  Bret didn't look down. He just said thanks, put on his sandals and some Bob Marley, and walked out to the field, carrying the aforementioned cat.

Well said.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Sourpuss

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 12, 2017, 12:22:36 pm
Sour grapes. That's what we have here.  A bunch of sour grapes.

The yankee fooled us all. You guys have been saying for a year how dumb the contract was..how dumb the buyout was. 

Long sat there stone faced with his hand on the trap door lever and a royal flush up his sleeve. 

Gotta admire his self discipline  He's sitting there amused at hillbillies like Delta and Wally Hall among others here who shall remain nameless.

PT Barnum was right.

Not sure how no one here took a look at this contract. I've been saying for weeks that Long isn't going anywhere...trying to give some clues as soon as as the contract details came to light for me...but nobody caught on. Just kept banging the fire jeff long drum.

Long's more powerful right now than he's ever been. He has a dossier on more than a few people on here.  He knows who's been naughty and who's been nice. His tentacles are far reaching and powerful.  He knows the folks that have been talking bad about him and who's been supportive. I'm not saying some of you need to be nervous....but...some of you might want to add a deadbolt to your door if you don't have one and might think twice about popping off here anymore. One person that was mentioned earlier in this thread who shall remain nameless posts something negative about Jeff Long approximately 10% of the time(granted mostly two and three word posts...sometimes Fire Long..sometimes Fire Jeff Long) if you go back and look at hit post history.  Long's dossier on him is as thick as a King James Bible.  He needs to be nervous. I'm nervous for him. 

This is a textbook case of why we need to stop with all the sharecropping and get back to farming our own land. Text...book.
SMH  That my friend is both laughable absurd and sad.  We haven't STOPPED sharecropping since Broyles quit being AD!  Why ON THE GREEN EARTH would we stop now!?!?

Pancetta

October 12, 2017, 12:38:51 pm #40 Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 01:55:54 pm by Pancetta
I deleted my post because I was wrong.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

The OTR

Quote from: golf2day on October 12, 2017, 12:30:40 pm
Cmon, man. Think about it.

Like the guy or not, it's the AD's job to publicly support the coach until it's tme for a new coach. How in gods green earth could JL come out and correct our retarded media (sorry, but not reading the contract and misreporting this for years is pretty bad) without looking like he's not 100% behind CBB?

"Hey everybody, don't worry, the buyout is nowhere near that high. I can still fire him at a reasonable cost if he doesn't win" doesn't exactly instill confidence in the program.

If anything, the fact that Long let people roast him over that contract without correcting it makes me trust him more. The guy took the heat over something he didn't do to keep confidence in the program as high as possible.

Good analysis. Some (Sourpuss) say we started share cropping the day Broyles retired.  I say we stopped share cropping the day Long was hired.  Makes a lot of sense.

31to6

Quote from: Seebs on October 12, 2017, 10:56:35 am
Sure this is not a Tunnel screen? Perhaps a Bubble screen. Sun Screen?
Smoke Draw!

The OTR

Also gotta give props to Porketarian.  He understands the sharecropping scenario better than most and tried to break it down for you knuckleheads a few days ago.

Black and white. That's the problem with most of you.  Everything's black and white. The other problem is no one here can read above a 6th grade level.

hogsanity

Quote from: Sourpuss on October 12, 2017, 11:34:08 am

Silence can not be quoted.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DeltaBoy

The Carpetbagger has played us all for fools and in the end we PAY while he can just ride away.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Sourpuss

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 12, 2017, 12:39:24 pm
Good analysis. Some (Sourpuss) say we started share cropping the day Broyles retired.  I say we stopped share cropping the day Long was hired.  Makes a lot of sense.
Don't misquote me. Broyles never share-cropped a DAY in his life.  When you have THAT level of true gravitas you don't need to share-crop.  Broyles was a kingmaker. Well connected thru Augusta National.  Long looks like the Kim Jong Un of ADs nationally and we are a banana republic.  Smh

island hog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 12, 2017, 12:47:31 pm
The Carpetbagger has played us all for fools and in the end we PAY while he can just ride away.
You just can't let it go....

hogsanity

Really? How did he play anyone for a fool? The contract was PUBLIC record yet no one bothered to check the 15 mil # being thrown around. Did Long ever use the 15 mil figure.

It is really hard to take you seriously with your carbetbagger comments, avatar and confederacy quotes in your sig line, btw. The civil war ended like 150 years ago.

Sourpuss

Delta, Long isn't riding away to anywhere.  If he does it's on his own terms.  He's not weak as we all thought, about to lose his job. He's stronger but statewide and nationally than he's ever been. 

Ward, I'd be willing to bet that you work for a large company with U of A connections? Right?  Yep.  This is hitting a bit to close for home....