Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema's buyout less than 5.9M$ per DemoGazz

Started by ballz2thewall, October 12, 2017, 03:00:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

farmhawg

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on October 12, 2017, 06:07:08 am
Now hold on... you're trying to tell me that with all the Hogville experts and professionals nobody knew this before?????????? I'm disappointed
Wheres the fun in that?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 12, 2017, 09:16:43 am
So what you're telling me is that Mike Irwin getting on the radio yesterday and making fun of people that want him fired and buyout paid is wrong?

My patience with Irwin's attitude VS. Everything football related and most particularly when it comes to Bret is starting to disgust me. Now he's taking it out on the fans and casual donors.

That was followed by railing against fans that are concerned about Kelley getting injured in the Alabama game.

Practically got on the radio to piss and moan about the fans.

He wasn't railing about ALL the fans. Just those fans that deserve it!

That being said IF there is one thing that everyone should know about Lng by now is he keeps all his options open and all his decisions secretive until he decides it's time to tell them.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Martygit

Quote from: a0ashle on October 12, 2017, 06:12:03 pm
So I'm guessing trying to sink Long on the basis of the buyout is off the table now?

So if Long negotiated a contract that provided a buyout that appears to be what it is, why would you want to "sink" him (i.e. fire him) other than the idea that you want revenge for hiring a football coach who didn't work out?
RIP OTR, REV

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hawgon on October 12, 2017, 04:41:35 pm
The term is easily defined.  It is from the date the contract was signed in 2012 to 2020.

I thought this was a new contract or contract extension after the Texas Bowl.  So again what's the term?  Does the new agreement use the same dates as the old one?

factchecker

Quote from: MartinGit on October 12, 2017, 06:41:35 pm
So if Long negotiated a contract that provided a buyout that appears to be what it is, why would you want to "sink" him (i.e. fire him) other than the idea that you want revenge for hiring a football coach who didn't work out?

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PonderinHog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 12, 2017, 06:43:47 pm
I thought this was a new contract or contract extension after the Texas Bowl.  So again what's the term?  Does the new agreement use the same dates as the old one?
The old contract was amended by the new buyout and extended a few years.

Cinco de Hogo

Uh, because winning isn't important and it is to me. 

And he doesn't know the difference between just winning and not winning at all cost.

And he insulted Razorback history by suggesting that the only way to win, or the only way Arkansas has ever won was by cheating.

And he probably thinks we are all Bill Clintons.

HognotinMemphis

Did anyone else look at the athletic and academic achievement incentives? The academic incentives pay was far less than the top half of the athletic incentives pay. And of the long list of athletic achievement incentives, the only one he has hit is the what is the  "make any other bowl" for $50,000, Alex.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Martygit

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 12, 2017, 06:50:16 pm
Uh, because winning isn't important and it is to me. 

And he doesn't know the difference between just winning and not winning at all cost.

And he insulted Razorback history by suggesting that the only way to win, or the only way Arkansas has ever won was by cheating.

And he probably thinks we are all Bill Clintons.

I'm really not sure to make of all of that

He said that "winning at all costs" was not what the U of A is all about - not sure I disagree - and, I think that covers #'s 1 & 2 of your post;

#3 - I don't remember anything that he said that would imply that the only way Arkansas could win is by cheating;

#4 - well, that's what you think that he "probably thinks" - not sure that's worth responding to or that I understand what you're trying to imply
RIP OTR, REV

hawgon

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 12, 2017, 06:43:47 pm

Read the amendment.  It is pretty self explanatory.

Tarheelhawg

Quote from: MartinGit on October 12, 2017, 06:57:20 pm
I'm really not sure to make of all of that

He said that "winning at all costs" was not what the U of A is all about - not sure I disagree - and, I think that covers #'s 1 & 2 of your post;

#3 - I don't remember anything that he said that would imply that the only way Arkansas could win is by cheating;

#4 - well, that's what you think that he "probably thinks" - not sure that's worth responding to or that I understand what you're trying to imply
Clearly, from the outside looking in, I think AD Long really believed that Bielema would "win," as did I.  He had a strong winning record in a decent conference ; the Rose Bowl is  pretty big.  Unfortunately, reality did not match our expectations.  So we shall see if AD Long and the many powers that be are interested in winning by their choice for the next coach.  Of course , it will take several years to really know.

a0ashle

My bad "My OP + \s"

HoggyCat

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on October 12, 2017, 11:49:05 am
Hoggy...what universe are you living in man???  Petrino went public with his "cowboy up in a neck brace" public response and was caught on camera being asked if there was another person on the bike with him, and he said no. 

How in the hell do you put that air back in the balloon?  How Petrino thought that a police report wouldn't follow is crazy, and I guess he thought Long would have his back and try to break the law by having that report suppressed??? 

Do some of you listen to yourselves before you type this stuff??  Geez...

Which police report? The one where Dorrell never wrote more than her mane on a piece of paper? Or the one where trooper king said he took Petrino to the hospital with blue lights activated then later in his same report said a man from Ozark, AR took him??
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Tarheelhawg on October 12, 2017, 07:13:47 pm
Clearly, from the outside looking in, I think AD Long really believed that Bielema would "win," as did I.  He had a strong winning record in a decent conference ; the Rose Bowl is  pretty big.  Unfortunately, reality did not match our expectations.  So we shall see if AD Long and the many powers that be are interested in winning by their choice for the next coach.  Of course , it will take several years to really know.

Bielema's teams make Hatfield's look Olympic sprinter fast. That's the problem.
This is my non-signature signature.

Tarheelhawg

I am old enough to have watched many of Hatfield's teams.  He was my all time favorite.  He was a class act for sure.  Quinn Grovey(hope spelled correctly) was great and Barry Foster.  Yes, Coach Hatfield's team played as one ---like a well oiled machine.  Speed Kills!!! 

Martygit

Quote from: Tarheelhawg on October 12, 2017, 07:36:20 pm
I am old enough to have watched many of Hatfield's teams.  He was my all time favorite.  He was a class act for sure.  Quinn Grovey(hope spelled correctly) was great and Barry Foster.  Yes, Coach Hatfield's team played as one ---like a well oiled machine.  Speed Kills!!!

Yes and Yes - lack of speed kills and that's what a lot of our problem is
RIP OTR, REV