Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema's buyout less than 5.9M$ per DemoGazz

Started by ballz2thewall, October 12, 2017, 03:00:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbackers

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 12, 2017, 09:47:10 am
Jeff Long, the man, the myth, the legend....

He's like a demigod living rent free in some fan's minds.

"I'm here to sabotage your football program and chew bubble gum...." - Jeff long

GuvHog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 12, 2017, 09:43:42 am
Anyone who seriously believes Long is the lone, sole actor in selecting a head coach isn't thinking clearly.

Wrong. The AD chooses the coach. The BOT just approves the contract.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

RME

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 09:48:59 am

You legitimately think there isn't a coaching search panel? Advisors? Insiders? You think Long goes through the process of finding and choosing a coach all by himself?

Holy [CENSORED].

EastexHawg

Quote from: Rayzback on October 12, 2017, 06:19:55 am
Jeff Long knows it... well played.

Yes, 12-30 in SEC play since 2012.  Well played indeed.

Fire Long first.  The fact that we may not have to pay an incompetent coach as much as we thought does not erase the fact that he has presided over the near total destruction of our football program, unless of course there are people who think being able to (possibly) yell "scoreboard" at Vanderbilt and Kentucky isn't destruction.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Ward on October 12, 2017, 09:33:26 am
Joe, you and Guv led the charge

Please do not let Pillowhead Jackson claim part of the credit
All i want is for the people in charge to care about winning.and for Arkansas to havea good football program again.we do not have that under Jeff Long.say what you want about Frank.but i hever got the feeling that he did not care about winning. he would have fired coach B after that 56 to 3,loss at Auburn in my opinion.if not then,he would have sent him packing after Mizzo and VA.Tech.Jeff Long needs to be gone in my opinion.he does not need to be the person to hire the next coach here.hope he will get the Nebraska or Louisville job.get him out of here.

snoblind

Quote from: rhames on October 12, 2017, 09:08:31 am

Exactly.

Also someone in Long's camp 100% inspired someone to look into this.

Long's problem is the night of the long knives was being planned/pursued before the buyout.

forrest city joe

100% true.

Razorbackers

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 12, 2017, 09:51:03 am
All i want is for the people in charge to care about winning.and for Arkansas to havea good football program again.we do not have that under Jeff Long.say what you want about Frank.but i hever got the feeling that he did not care about winning. he would have fired coach B after that 56 to 3,loss at Auburn in my opinion.if not then,he would have sent him packing after Mizzo and VA.Tech.Jeff Long needs to be gone in my opinion.he does not need to be the person to hire the next coach here.hope he will get the Nebraska or Louisville job.get him out of here.

Are we just going to pretend that we didn't finish #5 in the country under Long at one point?

Jeez folks.

hawgon

Quote from: snoblind on October 12, 2017, 09:51:29 am
Long's problem is the night of the long knives was being planned/pursued before the buyout.

Exactly

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 09:41:14 am
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Anyone who seriously believes the BOT will allow Long to choose the next football head coach isn't thinking clearly.
the BOT needs to let HOGVILLE hire the next coach...all I/we request is an unlimited check book...I'll bet we could have the Hogs in the 4 team play for the Natty within 3 years....Spend money on at least 10 recruiters as a full time job, hire Tommy Tuberville because if you don't think he has a vendetta against Alabama and AU, the two main powers in the SEC West, you'd be wrong as rain...steal the best assistant coaches at every position, whomever they may be. One for sure would be Randy Shannon, then work down from there. Start buying players. Then go to the Tri Delta house, the Chi Omega house and convince them that they can do their duty for the good ol' UA. And by the time 2020 rolls around, the national media will be discussing these types of guys again...
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

jcbville

Quote from: ricepig on October 12, 2017, 09:22:27 am
Correct, as mentioned, lawyers and agents will decide the skinny on this. If we're firing him, hopefully the cheaper language is correct.

It is correct and if we fire him we will negotiate a number with his agent equitable to both parties and in line with the numbers but less than the max those numbers even allow.

BigBrandonAllenFan

At only 5.9 million, Beilema had best forget about about family ties and play Cole Kelley the rest of the season if he wants to keep his job.

Triple T

I bet Jeff Long leaked this (or leaked to the media to read over the contract again) to get everyone off his back about the buyout and his job status because of it.

No doubt Bret is gone now, maybe even as soon as after the Auburn game (if it's a total beatdown like we expect).

jgphillips3

Jeff Long is negotiating a new contract for himself.  This appears in the Statewide newspaper.  I would say Long has decided to sacrifice Bielema, if he has to, to save himself. 

GuvHog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 12, 2017, 09:50:45 am
You legitimately think there isn't a coaching search panel? Advisors? Insiders? You think Long goes through the process of finding and choosing a coach all by himself?

Holy [CENSORED].

It's absolutely true. Frank did it for years until John White stuck his nose where it didn't belong.

Remember, Bielema  was all Jeff Long's hire. There was no committee.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: jcbville on October 12, 2017, 09:54:47 am
It is correct and if we fire him we will negotiate a number with his agent equitable to both parties and in line with the numbers but less than the max those numbers even allow.

This is the long and short of it.  Regardless if the ADG's interpretation is not 100% correct, it shows a gray area.  What I have been saying all along before this came out is the buyout will never be $15.4 and everything is negotiable.  Most likely it will be somewhere between the two numbers.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Großer Kriegschwein

Meh. They stayed off him during Bret's hire because of Petrino's success. He won't get quite as much rope this time, but that isn't uncommon in the world of college football.
This is my non-signature signature.

RME

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 09:58:56 am
It's absolutely true. Frank did it for years until John White stuck his nose where it didn't belong.

Remember, Bielema  was all Jeff Long's hire. There was no committee.

Prove it. Provide legitimate proof.

"I followed it closely" or "I know people" isn't legitimate proof. You spin so much bull it's unreal. Prove your last statement.

I know asking you to provide proof is like asking a dog to read me a bedtime story, but let's see it. Show some credibility for yourself and your 45k posts.

thebignasty

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 12, 2017, 09:57:59 am
Jeff Long is negotiating a new contract for himself.  This appears in the Statewide newspaper.  I would say Long has decided to sacrifice Bielema, if he has to, to save himself.
Here come the crocodile tears again....and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKqxV3ijwYM

GuvHog

Quote from: Razorbackers on October 12, 2017, 09:52:05 am
Are we just going to pretend that we didn't finish #5 in the country under Long at one point?

Jeez folks.

Under a head coach that Jeff Long did not want and was pushed into hiring, then fired him.

East TN HAWG

What about the committee that hired Nutt?  I believe your generally correct, but there are instances in our past where the coach was not necessarily chosen by the AD. 

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 12, 2017, 10:01:44 am
Here come the crocodile tears again....and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKqxV3ijwYM
If so,with a 5.9 mil buyout we've given 20-25 mil in the last 5-6 years for the failed big ten experiment. I would hope in his new contract there would be minimal selecting of headcoaches allowed. ;)

hawgon

The next hiring is apt to be a free for all with boosters calling prospective coaches and gauging their interest and the like.  It could be a circus and I doubt that Long will have carte blanche like he did with Bielema.  Do you really think he wants to be a part of that?  If he is the AD and if he "makes" the next hire he will be more of a rubber stamp than the guy making the decision.  He'll not tolerate that situation for long.

forrest city joe

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on October 12, 2017, 09:57:03 am
At only 5.9 million, Beilema had best forget about about family ties and play Cole Kelley the rest of the season if he wants to keep his job.
Keep running these walk on and DL and Blue shorts out there on the OL,and it does not matter who the QB is. five 4 star OL are sitting on the bench.are they all bust?

Hogwild

Jeez folks.

That was great, however since then we have gone 12-30 in conference play with the two coaches he has hired.  Currently we are ranked 81st in the nation.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: hawgon on October 12, 2017, 10:11:03 am
The next hiring is apt to be a free for all with boosters calling prospective coaches and gauging their interest and the like.  It could be a circus and I doubt that Long will have carte blanche like he did with Bielema.  Do you really think he wants to be a part of that?  If he is the AD and if he "makes" the next hire he will be more of a rubber stamp than the guy making the decision.  He'll not tolerate that situation for long.
Good, he can pull his skirt up for Columbia in NYC, UC Berkeley (where he'd fit right in) and maybe Baylor cause them Baptists down there in Waco "need a saving" event where Jeffie provides the Holy water with his tears.

hawgon

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 12, 2017, 10:19:33 am
Good, he can pull his skirt up for Columbia in NYC, UC Berkeley (where he'd fit right in) and maybe Baylor cause them Baptists down there in Waco "need a saving" event where Jeffie provides the Holy water with his tears.

No, I won't cry to see him gone.  I wouldn't be surprised if the first time he meets the new coach is at the press conference announcing him.

JaketheSnake

apply that same logic and hierarchy your to Dorrell/BP argument... luv u guv

GuvHog

Quote from: East TN HAWG on October 12, 2017, 10:05:41 am
What about the committee that hired Nutt?  I believe your generally correct, but there are instances in our past where the coach was not necessarily chosen by the AD. 

That was when John White stuck his nose where it didn't belong and took the hiring power away from Frank. The current Chancellor is nothing like John White.

phadedhawg

After learning the truth about the buyout, Hogville be like....

TebowHater

What happens when it turns out the ADG is wrong. I expect a correction within 48 hours is coming, unfortunately.

GuvHog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 12, 2017, 10:21:48 am
apply that same logic and hierarchy your to Dorrell/BP argument... luv u guv

Dorrell wasn't hired as a head coach. Totally different situation. She was interviewed and recommended to long by a hiring committee (yes, Bobby was on the committee) and Long hired her.

hawgon

I think Long is facing a rebellion at the Foundation.  And since the Foundation pays the bills on coaches' salaries, that is a big deal.  He can't hire someone that they don't approve.  He had the power as long as Bielema did well enough that he would t have to be fired.  Now the heat is on.  Long bet on the wrong horse.

forrest city joe

Jeez folks.
He fired the guy who got us to 5th in the nation.HELLO!

Razorbackers

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 10:03:01 am
Under a head coach that Jeff Long did not want and was pushed into hiring, then fired him.

Literally all unsubstantiated claims except for the firing part.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: AP85 on October 12, 2017, 08:19:22 am
Kudos to the demgaz for taking the university athletic department head on.

The Dem-Gazette had this story dropped in their lap by "someone".
May just have come from someone at the UofA.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Razorbackers

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 12, 2017, 10:30:37 am
He fired the guy who got us to 5th in the nation.HELLO!

That guy went on TV and lied, lied to Jeff's face, lied to the cops, and then had the whole "hiring a mistress" thing.

You go lie to your boss about the biggest mistake you've ever made, and then keep your job.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 12, 2017, 07:47:12 am
Rhames, I know you love both Long and CBB, Long said it, it doesn't matter when and the article brought that out.
It doesn't matter if Long believed that Bielema was the right man for the job two months ago, but might not believe it today?  Of course if matters

If this is true, I doubt Jeff Long knew about it.
If this is true, we fans have been being BSed by someone(s) for 2 or 3 years.
If this is true, the BOT now has only roughly 6 million reasons to sit on their behinds and not act instead of 15+ million.
Glad someone found this and its likely being leaked by someone high up that wants it out there but fears leaking it himself.

HawgTide

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 12, 2017, 10:23:06 am

After learning the truth about the buyout, Hogville be like....

LOL

Some of these guys are going to go full tard before Halloween...Never go full tard

forrest city joe

Quote from: Razorbackers on October 12, 2017, 10:33:08 am
That guy went on TV and lied, lied to Jeff's face, lied to the cops, and then had the whole "hiring a mistress" thing.

You go lie to your boss about the biggest mistake you've ever made, and then keep your job.
And he should have been fined and suspended. not fired. that firing destroyed the football program.

Tusks

The illuminati and all the Longer's have been solid on at $15M buyout.  That number wasn't pulled out of the air.  Someone strategically leaked that number and then strategically leaked the real buyout.

Asshats.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: TebowHater on October 12, 2017, 10:25:17 am
What happens when it turns out the ADG is wrong. I expect a correction within 48 hours is coming, unfortunately.

It's called a legal interpretation.  It's the legal opinion of the people they had evaluate the contract.  There will be no apology.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hoglady

Quote from: RedRazorHog on October 12, 2017, 09:39:40 am
The second contract is an addendum to the first contract, which updates the terms under the Consideration clauses. 

I do understand that.
But the devil is in the details and how those are or can be interpreted.
And I'm not convinced that this is a black/white issue - seems like a lot of gray to me.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

GuvHog

Quote from: Razorbackers on October 12, 2017, 10:32:04 am
Literally all unsubstantiated claims except for the firing part.

Seriously?? Bobby Petrino was trying to get an interview for the Job the whole time Jeff Long was going after Tommy Bowden and Grobe but Jeff ignored him. It was only when pressured to do so that Jeff interviewed and hired Petrino. If Jeff had wanted BP, he wouldn't have gone after Bowden and Grobe while ignoring BP.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 12, 2017, 10:39:57 am
It's called a legal interpretation.  It's the legal opinion of the people they had evaluate the contract.  There will be no apology.
retraction?

RME

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 12, 2017, 10:39:16 am
And he should have been fined and suspended. not fired. that firing destroyed the football program.

Or maybe our head football coach shouldn't have run around and stuck his dick where it didn't belong in the first place? You're blaming one guy's response to another guy's personal actions and choices.

Gotcha.

Tusks

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 10:42:00 am
Seriously?? Bobby Petrino was trying to get an interview for the Job the whole time Jeff Long was going after Tommy Bowden and Grobe but Jeff ignored him. It was only when pressured to do so that Jeff interviewed and hired Petrino. If Jeff had wanted BP, he wouldn't have gone after Bowden and Grobe while ignoring BP.

Jim Grobe said 'yes' but I want to sleep on it and then changed his mind the next morning.  AYSM.

And then the dipschit says his only regret was 'hiring BP' which he's saying he regrets having to put up with BP while he has the hogs #3 in the country.  What a SLAP to the fanbase.  He says that while his boy is losing at a historical rate at AR.

God I almost wish the buyout was $15M and cost JL is job too.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Razorbackers

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 12, 2017, 10:39:16 am

Right, and then Long would have zero control over a coach that he already had no control over, and the program would have gotten even more toxic because BP could have gotten away with anything. You can't lie to you boss, and let your boss go on TV and be totally unprepared for the impending ****storm.

I'd say you can't see the forest for the trees, but it's more like you can't see the forest because you're blind.