Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema's buyout less than 5.9M$ per DemoGazz

Started by ballz2thewall, October 12, 2017, 03:00:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pecos Hog

Quote from: HogPhilosophy on October 12, 2017, 05:07:06 am
UUUUGGE if true!!

Did Long just go from the dumbest man to the smartest man?

I wouldn't be so quick to jump to that conclusion.   Long still has to fire him.

HoggyCat

I initially thought they amended the verbiage to where it stated the denominator would be the amount of months left on the contract, not the total term of contract. They only amended his portion of it, along with the buyout amount. What's going to happen, and you can mark it down, is Jeffi will use this in his favor.  He'll say it was his idea to put that in the contract, make bert his sacrificial lamb to save his own hide, and the wishy-washy portion of the fan base will be right back to fluffing his pillow.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 12, 2017, 08:48:19 am
I initially thought they amended the verbiage to where it stated the denominator would be the amount of months left on the contract, not the total term of contract. They only amended his portion of it, along with the buyout amount. What's going to happen, and you can mark it down, is Jeffi will use this in his favor.  He'll say it was his idea to put that in the contract, make bert his sacrificial lamb to save his own hide, and the wishy-washy portion of the fan base will be right back to fluffing his pillow.
So if the buyout term is bad, Long deserves all the blame. But if it's good, he deserves none of the credit?

Broadway Rob

Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

The OTR

This may be a classic Long smokescreen. I expect many, many more smokescreens over the course of the next several months.

rhames

Quote from: jcbville on October 12, 2017, 08:40:31 am
He hasnt. Long and everyone involved in the BoT and beyond knew what it said.

That was my point.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

HawgPound

Quote from: LAGNAF on October 12, 2017, 07:49:25 am
Hard to give a real news source credit when you and "hawgon" know better?
you serious giving Pork credit for this based on that vague post? 

hogsanity

Wait, what? You mean the Hogville "sources" were wrong, again? This can't be.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Karma on October 12, 2017, 08:40:59 am
You mean the guy that lost to South Alabama last night?

Well hire the S. Alabama coach. Quick, before he loses his next game.
Hogs up! Covid down!

GuvHog

Quote from: Pecos Hog on October 12, 2017, 08:44:15 am
I wouldn't be so quick to jump to that conclusion.   Long still has to fire him.

Not necessarily.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

runninhog

I was told last night the Foundation is paying whatever the number is, and he's gone.

HognotinMemphis

So much for the buyout being an issue. Funny to me that the Demozette had this article in the paper today after 3 days of negative Wally Hall articles. Talk about handwriting on the wall. And it has been done in permanent marker.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Großer Kriegschwein

I wonder if Bret waits until the season is over to start packing or finally prepares a "team" for something and starts the week before the Missouri game.

Lol.
This is my non-signature signature.

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogsanity on October 12, 2017, 08:54:17 am
Wait, what? You mean the Hogville "sources" were wrong, again? This can't be.
Wrong. this was not just here on Hogville.this has been reported by other media.so if this is true.do not lay it all on Hogville.

rhames

Quote from: Karma on October 12, 2017, 08:50:48 am
So if the buyout term is bad, Long deserves all the blame. But if it's good, he deserves none of the credit?

Exactly.

Also someone in Long's camp 100% inspired someone to look into this.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Pecos Hog

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: rhames on October 12, 2017, 09:08:31 am

Exactly.

Also someone in Long's camp 100% inspired someone to look into this.

Long is in contract negotiations. He knows he's gonna have to make a change and if Bret loses the people that just don't believe that we can afford it, he has VERY FEW supporters left in-state.

Basically, by extending Bret's contract the way he did, Long agreed that Bret was a great marketer, but nothing compared to Long and university lawyers. Schooled.

Dwight_K_Shrute

For some reason once I read the headline I started singing "Oh When the Saints Go Marching In" in my head.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: runninhog on October 12, 2017, 09:05:26 am
I was told last night the Foundation is paying whatever the number is, and he's gone.

So what you're telling me is that Mike Irwin getting on the radio yesterday and making fun of people that want him fired and buyout paid is wrong?

My patience with Irwin's attitude VS. Everything football related and most particularly when it comes to Bret is starting to disgust me. Now he's taking it out on the fans and casual donors.

That was followed by railing against fans that are concerned about Kelley getting injured in the Alabama game.

Practically got on the radio to piss and moan about the fans.

hawgon

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 12, 2017, 09:16:43 am
So what you're telling me is that Mike Irwin getting on the radio yesterday and making fun of people that want him fired and buyout paid is wrong?

My patience with Irwin's attitude VS. Everything football related and most particularly when it comes to Bret is starting to disgust me. Now he's taking it out on the fans and casual donors.

During Chaney's last season I guaranteed that Chaney would be gone at the end of the season.  Not because of any inside information, just common sense that a change would have to be made and that Chaney was going to be the scapegoat.  Irwin called me an idiot and went on and on about Chaney had one of the best minds in college football and how Bielema was not going to get rid of him and all that.

Irwin is too much in the bubble to see clearly. 

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on October 12, 2017, 08:07:52 am
I'm reserving judgment on this.
Kind of sounds like it could be a gray area - like a question of whether certain language in the 1st contract was replaced by language in the 2nd contract or an extension of existing language.
The article referenced going back to the original contract to get those calculations.

Correct, as mentioned, lawyers and agents will decide the skinny on this. If we're firing him, hopefully the cheaper language is correct.

HognotinMemphis

That was followed by railing against fans that are concerned about Kelley getting injured in the Alabama game.

If Mike did this, he is wrong. Anyone with an open mind can tell Bielema is already gone based on 2 things: he has become an excuse machine and throwing everyone under the bus and 2, the consecutive negative articles in the Demozette this week.

Mike is too close to it all and probably listening to those with a dog in the fight on the side of the U of A.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HotlantaHog

It was still a blunder to raise the buyout after a mediocre season, just not a $15 million blunder.

But that it was only a small mistake should be enough to save Jeff Long if the university is otherwise happy with him.

Hogs-n-Roses

No one has been more critical of Long than me and not just about the buyout, although the buyout was the only thing with merit to any of my gripes. With this, well it wouldn't be new information. Taking my ignorance into account and having a new way to look at it. Long is probably safe. Maybe he should be. I don't know.

With all that said. I don't know if JL will ever be OK having his wings clipped like this.Told he has to fire BB. Told he won't be picking the next football coach. Heck he may want out of that nightmare. Maybe he'll just ride off into the sunset soon as another one of these colleges offers and we'll all get what we want,it just goes down a lot nicer. And better for the U of A.

ricepig

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 12, 2017, 09:08:02 am
Wrong. this was not just here on Hogville.this has been reported by other media.so if this is true.do not lay it all on Hogville.

Correct, it wasn't too long ago Wally was saying we couldn't afford the $15.4m, so it's been everywhere.

KlubhouseKonnected

If we have to make a mistake be this is good, and at this point it looks like we have to make a move. Few honest people are going to be excited about who we end up with if we do indeed have a coaching change at the end of this season though I'd wager.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hogcard1964

Irwin has remained in his corner throughout this past year and a half.  He seems to personally like him and has let that cloud the fact that he's simply not a good coach.  I know the politically correct thing to say is "he's not getting it done here", but no, the man is not a good coach.

hawgon

Long is gone too.  He isn't going to sit back and be told what to do.  He'll only be here if he has absolutely no other option.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hawgon on October 12, 2017, 09:21:01 am
During Chaney's last season I guaranteed that Chaney would be gone at the end of the season.  Not because of any inside information, just common sense that a change would have to be made and that Chaney was going to be the scapegoat.  Irwin called me an idiot and went on and on about Chaney had one of the best minds in college football and how Bielema was not going to get rid of him and all that.

Irwin is too much in the bubble to see clearly.

No, he is just confident in the inability of the "donors" to pay a buyout for whatever reason and feels the need to convey that one or two people have to give money specifically for that purpose.

Outside of revenue from football operations, Arkansas takes in somewhere to the tune of $30+ million in capital gifts to the foundation. For him to think we can't afford it as a whole in the foundation is disingenuous.

Pork Ranger

Yeah, Mike tends to take a 'holier than though' approach sometimes.  There's no sense in attacking fans when we are in the midst of some of the worst football ever played at the University of Arkansas

island hog

Quote from: rhog1 on October 12, 2017, 06:52:14 am
This is great. Hopefully it is correct. I would love to see some national news report on this to ratchet up the pressure.
So, you want some national site to put the University on blast ?  Sounds like it would really help with recruiting.  Amazing. 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 12, 2017, 09:23:32 am
If Mike did this, he is wrong. Anyone with an open mind can tell Bielema is already gone based on 2 things: he has become an excuse machine and throwing everyone under the bus and 2, the consecutive negative articles in the Demozette this week.

Mike is too close to it all and probably listening to those with a dog in the fight on the side of the U of A.

Go listen to yesterday's Sportstalk Extra Podcast.

I got so mad I turned it off.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on October 12, 2017, 06:07:08 am
Now hold on... you're trying to tell me that with all the Hogville experts and professionals nobody knew this before?????????? I'm disappointed

It's not as though anyone on Hogville would be a "selective reader" or overactive to a particular figure without noting fine print, relevant clause material, or generally understanding that any buyout/contract can have alternative negotiated settlements.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

RME

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 12, 2017, 09:29:06 am
It's not as though anyone on Hogville would be a "selective reader" or overactive to a particular figure without noting fine print, relevant clause material, or generally understanding that any buyout/contract can have alternative negotiated settlements.

But it's so much easier just to get mad online!

island hog

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 12, 2017, 08:48:19 am
Why would he need to save his hide?  IF Long placed this in the contract, wouldn't that show that he was doing his job and giving the University a way out if Coach B didn't meet expectations?   

ricepig

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 12, 2017, 09:27:30 am
No, he is just confident in the inability of the "donors" to pay a buyout for whatever reason and feels the need to convey that one or two people have to give money specifically for that purpose.

Outside of revenue from football operations, Arkansas takes in somewhere to the tune of $30+ million in capital gifts to the foundation. For him to think we can't afford it as a whole in the foundation is disingenuous.

True, but that Foundation pays the bulk of the salaries, the scholarships for 430 athletes, and for building projects. The buyout and the bond payments would be paid, but like anyone, it tightens things up when unexpected bills show up.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ricepig on October 12, 2017, 09:33:41 am
True, but that Foundation pays the bulk of the salaries, the scholarships for 430 athletes, and for building projects. The buyout and the bond payments would be paid, but like anyone, it tightens things up when unexpected bills show up.

Of course. Not easy but not exactly impossible. Unforeseen stresses on a business budget are always stressing.

But saying that the last caller hasn't got any money and can't pay the buyout. The fans won't pay it, etc....

HawgTide

So what you’re telling me is that Mike Irwin getting on the radio yesterday and making fun of people that want him fired and buyout paid is wrong?

My patience with Irwin’s attitude VS. Everything football related and most particularly when it comes to Bret is starting to disgust me. Now he’s taking it out on the fans and casual donors.

Not really how it went down but then again I like when Mike goes on a rant

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HawgTide on October 12, 2017, 09:38:19 am

Not really how it went down but then again I like when Mike goes on a rant

His Malik Monk rant was epic.

I didn't want to post the transcript, they can listen themselves.

phadedhawg

RedRazorHog

Quote from: hoglady on October 12, 2017, 08:07:52 am
I'm reserving judgment on this.
Kind of sounds like it could be a gray area - like a question of whether certain language in the 1st contract was replaced by language in the 2nd contract or an extension of existing language.
The article referenced going back to the original contract to get those calculations.

The second contract is an addendum to the first contract, which updates the terms under the Consideration clauses. 
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

Hoggie17

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 12, 2017, 09:27:04 am
Irwin has remained in his corner throughout this past year and a half.  He seems to personally like him and has let that cloud the fact that he's simply not a good coach.  I know the politically correct thing to say is "he's not getting it done here", but no, the man is not a good coach.
That has been the trouble of too many!

hogsanity

I enjoyed every minute of Mike Irwin on Bo's show yesterday because he was exactly right. The funniest thing though was the guy who go on railing about HDN and Bo wondering if we just went into some sort of time warp. Then we have a thread here about some Olman being the new Mustain.  Clay Travis agin being shown to have rated our fans too low on the scale of dumb.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GuvHog

Quote from: hawgon on October 12, 2017, 09:27:25 am
Long is gone too.  He isn't going to sit back and be told what to do.  He'll only be here if he has absolutely no other option.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Anyone who seriously believes the BOT will allow Long to choose the next football head coach isn't thinking clearly.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

phadedhawg

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 09:41:14 am
Anyone who seriously believes the BOT will allow Long to choose the next football head coach isn't thinking clearly.

What have the BOT said to give this impression?

Großer Kriegschwein

Long isn't going anywhere.

I think the quicker we get comfortable with that, the better off we'll be as a whole.

There will be plenty of oversight though, I'm sure.

RME

Anyone who seriously believes Long is the lone, sole actor in selecting a head coach isn't thinking clearly.

hawgon

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 12, 2017, 09:42:50 am
Long isn't going anywhere.

I think the quicker we get comfortable with that, the better off we'll be as a whole.

There will be plenty of oversight though, I'm sure.

And Long will be gone because he isn't going to allow himself to be handled by his higher ups.

phadedhawg

Jeff Long, the man, the myth, the legend....

He's like a demigod living rent free in some fan's minds.