Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema's buyout less than 5.9M$ per DemoGazz

Started by ballz2thewall, October 12, 2017, 03:00:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

theFlyingHog

Quote from: hawgon on October 12, 2017, 07:21:34 am
What is actually significant about this story is that you know that the DemGaz didn't discover it.  A booster who had already had his lawyers go over it tipped them off to it and told them to print it.
If you're a rich booster I'll stop giving you crap. Otherwise I'll ask for sources

Hoggie17

Quote from: twistitup on October 12, 2017, 07:36:49 am
Heard it on the radio this morning - it's not 15mil - more like 5
So Long has lied to Arkansas fans and the lie has been going on for the past 5 years.  Wasn't that the excuse for firing CBP, that he lied to Long. We can't trust Long he should be replaced.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Boarsnest on October 12, 2017, 06:15:52 am
Looks like close to 6 million for Bret and 2 million for assistant coaches. This is a game changer if true!

If true, get him out of here NOW!

Hogwild

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 12, 2017, 07:29:57 am
Long said in the article that he is 100% behind CBB, that he is building our program the right way. LOL

That quote was taken from a September 6th statement by Long

HotlantaHog

Quote from: East TN HAWG on October 12, 2017, 07:44:42 am
Porkitarian, said changes is coming.  I believe this it is.  The DemGaz only starts printing these types of article when instructed by someone.  You would not consider the DemGaz investigative journalist.  They did not figure this out on their own.  Someone is pulling the strings, and creating a climate for the masses to want change. 

Sorry Hawgon, I did not see your second post until after I posted this, but as you can see, I believe your 100% right.
I can guarantee you that no newspaper is ``instructed'' on what to print. That is not how newspapers operate including ADG. ... On the other hand, I would not at all be surprised if someone in the Athletic Department and maybe Jeff Long himself made an effort to try to dispel the widespread notion that the buyout was $15 million, which tainted Jeff Long's reputation more than Bielema's.

Fan1958

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 12, 2017, 07:52:30 am
So Long has lied to Arkansas fans and the lie has been going on for the past 5 years.  Wasn't that the excuse for firing CBP, that he lied to Long. We can't trust Long he should be replaced.

Not necessarily.  The $15M figure is what has been spewed on Hogville for the last 5 years. When you limit your information sources to what you read as posted on this board you are setting yourself up for big disappointments.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

East TN HAWG

5.9M seems about right for a former P5 coach with 3 Rose Bowls. Butch Jones buyout is 8.4M according to the Knoxville News Sentinel.  If all these facts are true, the contract appears consistent with other peer schools.  Long did okay with his negotiation.

I still don't trust Long hiring the next coach though. 

hawgon

Quote from: HotlantaHog on October 12, 2017, 07:53:54 am
I can guarantee you that no newspaper is ``instructed'' on what to print. That is not how newspapers operate including ADG. ... On the other hand, I would not at all be surprised if someone in the Athletic Department and maybe Jeff Long himself made an effort to try to dispel the widespread notion that the buyout was $15 million, which tainted Jeff Long's reputation more than Bielema's.

Here is what happened.  I've read the Dem long enough to know they didn't find this on their own.  Someone called them up and said, "You need to look at the buyout clause closer."

SemperHawg

Quote from: hawgon on October 12, 2017, 07:57:33 am
Here is what happened.  I've read the Dem long enough to know they didn't find this on their own.  Someone called them up and said, "You need to look at the buyout clause closer."
Yeah its kinda funny that as the heat from the coach's seat started to creep onto the AD's seat all the sudden this gets put out.

HotlantaHog

If you wonder who ``leaked'' the story, the most likely answer comes from the question: who benefits from the story?

Who benefits? Jeff Long.

hoglady

Quote from: HotlantaHog on October 12, 2017, 07:39:04 am
This is another reason newspapers and actual reporters are so valuable, even as they get regularly ripped on Hogville. Really important at getting at facts, especially on a local level.

Go subscribe to a newspaper!

I'm a subscriber.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ChitownHawg

Quote from: harrisburghog on October 12, 2017, 05:34:09 am
Long is still dumb and BB should payback what he's been paid.

A post like this shouldn't be calling anyone dumb. If you know what I mean.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Hoggie17

Quote from: HotlantaHog on October 12, 2017, 07:59:38 am
If you wonder who ``leaked'' the story, the most likely answer comes from the question: who benefits from the story?

Who benefits? Jeff Long.
Jeff Long is a snake, do we want a AD that lies. I want an AD that does it the right way!

hoglady

I'm reserving judgment on this.
Kind of sounds like it could be a gray area - like a question of whether certain language in the 1st contract was replaced by language in the 2nd contract or an extension of existing language.
The article referenced going back to the original contract to get those calculations.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

NuttinItUp

go hogues

With that hurdle out of the way, now we face the scenario of being in line behind a bunch of heavyweights who will be dumping their coaches. Do we keep BB and jump on the carousel next year or get sloppy seconds this year?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

NuttinItUp

Quote from: go hogues on October 12, 2017, 08:08:34 am
With that hurdle out of the way, now we face the scenario of being in line behind a bunch of heavyweights who will be dumping their coaches. Do we keep BB and jump on the carousel next year or get sloppy seconds this year?

Get a young up-and-comer instead of a "proven" coach this time around, please.

Cheaper to pay first contract to, and they usually work out better.

I like the guy at Troy who beat LSU in Baton Rouge, but I would take any of the guys on the rise that have been mentioned.

rhames

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 12, 2017, 07:52:30 am

When has Jeff long ever publicly stated how much the buyout was??

Why am I even bothering? No sense of reasoning or truth will make it through to you. I'm trying to help you not look like an idiot. A endever more impossible than the hogs getting a w on Saturday. 
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

hoglady

Quote from: Fan1958 on October 12, 2017, 07:55:30 am
Not necessarily.  The $15M figure is what has been spewed on Hogville for the last 5 years. When you limit your information sources to what you read as posted on this board you are setting yourself up for big disappointments.

That number has been reported by media - local and national for years.

AirWarren

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 12, 2017, 08:10:16 am

I like the guy at Troy who beat LSU in Baton Rouge, but I would take any of the guys on the rise that have been mentioned.

You mean like Derek Dooley?

ur

Quote from: ricepig on October 12, 2017, 07:09:37 am
Like the rest of you, I was just reading the contract, doing that "assuming" thing, haha. I hope the ADG  will have someone to over that Pepsi contract, next......
ABCDBOT

hawgon

Quote from: hoglady on October 12, 2017, 08:07:52 am
Kind of sounds like it could be a gray area - like a question of whether certain language in the 1st contract was replaced by language in the 2nd contract or an extension of existing language.
The article referenced going back to the original contract to get those calculations.

I can't even find the extension on the internet.  I doubt that they redid the entire contract.  I would imagine that they did it as a simple addendum or rollover document and had explicit language in it referencing and incorporating the previous employment agreement.  So, in that case the soundest legal argument would be that language contained in the original agreement and not specifically addressed and changed in the extension would remain in effect.

The Boar War

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 12, 2017, 08:08:15 am
We can afford $5.9 mil no problem

But what about all the people with "sources" who said no change would be made because the buyout was so large? 

King Kong

That "guy" just lost at home to South Alabama

Redhogs

Quote from: Fan1958 on October 12, 2017, 07:55:30 am
Wasn't only spewed on hogville, it's been everywhere including the national media....heard Finebaum reference the $15M yesterday..can't lay this on hogville.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Hoggie17

hogcard1964

It doesn't matter if it's 11.4 on January 1. GET HIM OUT OF HERE!

Hoggie17

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 12, 2017, 08:16:54 am
It doesn't matter if it's 11.4 on January 1. GET HIM OUT OF HERE!
This
We need to cut our loses!

AirWarren

Kudos to the demgaz for taking the university athletic department head on.

Frontrowhog

Hoggie17

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Razorbackers

Quote from: Rayzback on October 12, 2017, 06:19:55 am
Jeff Long knows it... well played.

Looks like they taught some math in those fancy yankee schools.

But can he skin a buck or run a trotline?

hogcard1964

Quote from: Razorbackers on October 12, 2017, 08:22:34 am
Looks like they taught some math in those fancy yankee schools.

But can he skin a buck or run a trotline?

I always liked the phrase "run a trot line".  I've only done it 4 or 5 times, but no matter who I "ran" it with that phrase was always used. "Hey, wanna run a trotline"?, "That's a lot of catfish. Did ya's run a trotline"? or "Let's run a trotline".

TDHawgs

If this is for real.. then I don't see Bielema making it to the end of the year.  I mean we are gonna get whipped by Alabama and Auburn back to back games, so there isn't a very good chance he gets it back on track soon enough.

hogcard1964

Quote from: TDHawgs on October 12, 2017, 08:26:51 am
If this is for real.. then I don't see Bielema making it to the end of the year.  I mean we are gonna get whipped by Alabama and Auburn back to back games, so there isn't a very good chance he gets it back on track soon enough.

As long as 6-6 remains a possibility, he'll be here.  They'll can him on January 1.

Ironhawg

Quote from: Frontrowhog on October 12, 2017, 08:19:40 am
It's like Christmas in October!

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in again!

Silent

If this is true... should long still be burned at the stake..?    Plot twist.

forrest city joe

If this is true.how did this lie about what his buyout being twice that get out in the public in the first place?something is not adding up here. this is stunning news.

Martygit

"Bielema's actual buyout is determined by a formula included within the language of his original deal, which was made effective Dec. 4, 2012, and signed the next August.
It uses the $15.4 million figure as a numerator and divides that by the total number of months (97) in the full term of his contract. That figure of $158,762.88, called the "monthly value of the total guaranty payment," would then be multiplied by the remaining number of months on the contract, which runs through Dec. 31, 2020.
Based on that equation, Arkansas would owe Bielema about $5.874 million to terminate his contract after the season concludes Nov. 24, plus a prorated amount for any partial months of employment.
That figure would be offset by the gross amount of any salary earned by Bielema through December 2020 — including for consulting or administrative jobs in college football or the NFL — or any work outside of coaching, such as a side business."

The numerator figure (15.4) is only used until the end of the year.  If, as reported, the numerator figure goes to 11.4 on Jan 1, 2018, and he's fired after that, the buyout figure is actually less - it would be 11.4 divided by the 97 months which results in a "monthly value" figure of $117,525 which you would then multiply by the number of remaining months, which, as of 1/1/18 would be 36 which makes the buyout as of 1/1/18 $4.2
RIP OTR, REV

Wildhog

If this is true, then he gone.  Long's looking smarter than he did yesterday.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

GoHogzzGo

Wow that's huge news!

How was this reported wrong for like 3 weeeks?

Sure makes me happier with Jeff Long
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 12, 2017, 08:07:03 am
Jeff Long is a snake, do we want a AD that lies. I want an AD that does it the right way!

Could you please direct me to these lies?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

DoctorSusscrofa

Laughing my a** off at all the buyout hysteria threads posted previously. Fools and "fans."
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

jcbville

Quote from: rhames on October 12, 2017, 08:10:57 am

When has Jeff long ever publicly stated how much the buyout was??

Why am I even bothering? No sense of reasoning or truth will make it through to you. I'm trying to help you not look like an idiot. A endever more impossible than the hogs getting a w on Saturday.

He hasnt. Long and everyone involved in the BoT and beyond knew what it said.

KlubhouseKonnected

They have excellent attorneys. I include a clause defining precedence of all documents that do, or may become part of, the Agreement in nearly every contract I draft. And I know thier lawyers do it better than I.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

You mean the guy that lost to South Alabama last night?