Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema's buyout less than 5.9M$ per DemoGazz

Started by ballz2thewall, October 12, 2017, 03:00:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ballz2thewall

link, and probably a wall, but here it is.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/oct/12/bielema-buyout-under-15m-20171012/

basically, the demogazz had counsel look at it. the 15m$ figure was future value. the under 5.9 value is at the end of the season with payments for the season adjusted.

The rest of the frog.

presidenthog

ballz2thewall

The rest of the frog.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

factchecker

Wholehog link:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/oct/12/bielema-buyout-under-15-million/

QuoteBielema's actual buyout is determined by a formula included within the language of his original deal, which was made effective Dec. 4, 2012, and signed the next August.

It uses the $15.4 million figure as a numerator and divides that by the total number of months (97) in the full term of his contract. That figure of $158,762.88, called the "monthly value of the total guaranty payment," would then be multiplied by the remaining number of months on the contract, which runs through Dec. 31, 2020.

Based on that equation, Arkansas would owe Bielema about $5.874 million to terminate his contract after the season concludes Nov. 24, plus a prorated amount for any partial months of employment.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

HogPhilosophy

UUUUGGE if true!!

Did Long just go from the dumbest man to the smartest man?

Hog N Bama

harrisburghog

Long is still dumb and BB should payback what he's been paid.

Vantage 8 dude

Still some big bucks; however, things certainly just got a whole lot more affordable and interesting.

Hawghiggs

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

LRRandy

This is fun, isn't it.

Nosboar Accubond

Now hold on... you're trying to tell me that with all the Hogville experts and professionals nobody knew this before?????????? I'm disappointed

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on October 12, 2017, 06:07:08 am
Now hold on... you're trying to tell me that with all the Hogville experts and professionals nobody knew this before?????????? I'm disappointed
Especially the all knowing illuminati.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Boarsnest

Looks like close to 6 million for Bret and 2 million for assistant coaches. This is a game changer if true!

Rayzback

Pork Ranger

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

HardCore

Quote from: harrisburghog on October 12, 2017, 05:34:09 am
Long is still dumb

Yes, especially if he considers keeping this coach.  Either way...don't want Long around to select the next coach......not his best attribute.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

SultanofSwine

Might splain why the BOT signed off on the extension.

Rayzback

Thought I heard something about Long negotiating his contract recently? This news break happens. Sounding like a well played bluff.

hawgon

The DemGaz keeps bringing it.  Long can't hide behind the buyout now.

rhog1

This is great. Hopefully it is correct. I would love to see some national news report on this to ratchet up the pressure.

HoggyCat

And nice been telling everyone this from day one of the buyout discussion.  It's actually around $4.8M for him. You have $15.4M paid across 38 months, for monthly installments of a little over $405K, multiplied times 12 months per year.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

shotgun7

The OTR

The Boar War

(notOM)Rebel123

ricepig,
Get your legal team & accountants on this "STAT"!
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ricepig

Quote from: rzrbk4life on October 12, 2017, 04:49:57 am
Interesting

Yeah, I heard this discussion last week, hopefully if we're firing him, it's the $5.9m number. I've heard arguments both ways, I guess that's what lawyers are for.

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 12, 2017, 07:05:55 am
ricepig,
Get your legal team & accountants on this "STAT"!

Quote from: ricepig on October 12, 2017, 07:06:28 am
Yeah, I heard this discussion last week, hopefully if we're firing him, it's the $5.9m number. I've heard arguments both ways, I guess that's what lawyers are for.

Like the rest of you, I was just reading the contract, doing that "assuming" thing, haha. I hope the ADG  will have someone to over that Pepsi contract, next......

hawgon

What is actually significant about this story is that you know that the DemGaz didn't discover it.  A booster who had already had his lawyers go over it tipped them off to it and told them to print it.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Hoggie17

Long said in the article that he is 100% behind CBB, that he is building our program the right way. LOL

lawhawg20

First, Long's an idiot because of the buyout being too high. Now Long's an idiot because the buyout "won't "save his a**".  Gotta love Hogville...

rhames

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 12, 2017, 07:29:57 am
Long said in the article that he is 100% behind CBB, that he is building our program the right way. LOL

He didn't say that in the articke......it was a quote from earlier. He wasn't interviewed for the article.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

twistitup

Heard it on the radio this morning - it's not 15mil - more like 5

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

HotlantaHog

This is another reason newspapers and actual reporters are so valuable, even as they get regularly ripped on Hogville. Really important at getting at facts, especially on a local level.

Go subscribe to a newspaper!

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Hogwild

Quote from: hawgon on October 12, 2017, 07:21:34 am
What is actually significant about this story is that you know that the DemGaz didn't discover it.  A booster who had already had his lawyers go over it tipped them off to it and told them to print it.

I hope he is right, got really excited reading the article then read this and got nervous.
QuoteUA legal counsel could not be reached to confirm the calculations.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Sounds like the good ole do you want to take what we're offering or drag it out in court for several years.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: hawgon on October 12, 2017, 06:50:27 am
The DemGaz keeps bringing it.  Long can't hide behind the buyout now.

Porkitarian, said changes is coming.  I believe this it is.  The DemGaz only starts printing these types of article when instructed by someone.  You would not consider the DemGaz investigative journalist.  They did not figure this out on their own.  Someone is pulling the strings, and creating a climate for the masses to want change. 

Sorry Hawgon, I did not see your second post until after I posted this, but as you can see, I believe your 100% right.

Tarheelhawg

Looks like it is already being negotiated down.  I am a more hopeful Hog now.

Hoggie17

Quote from: rhames on October 12, 2017, 07:36:30 am

He didn't say that in the articke......it was a quote from earlier. He wasn't interviewed for the article.
Rhames, I know you love both Long and CBB, Long said it, it doesn't matter when and the article brought that out.

LAGNAF

Quote from: East TN HAWG on October 12, 2017, 07:44:42 am
Porkitarian, said changes is coming.  I believe this it is.  The DemGaz only starts printing these types of article when instructed by someone.  You would not consider the DemGaz investigative journalist.  They did not figure this out on their own.  Someone is pulling the strings, and creating a climate for the masses to want change. 

Sorry Hawgon, I did not see your second post until after I posted this, but as you can see, I believe your 100% right.

Hard to give a real news source credit when you and "hawgon" know better?

rhames

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 12, 2017, 07:47:12 am
Rhames, I know you love both Long and CBB, Long said it, it doesn't matter when and the article brought that out.

Lol.

I feel bad that your reading comprehension would be overmatched by a 4 year old.

How many egg McMuffins have you made this morning?

Rayzback

Fan1958

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 12, 2017, 07:47:12 am

Believe that comment was made September 6.  Whole lotta things have changed since then.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

HotlantaHog

The biggest impact of this story: It seems a lot more likely Jeff Long survives.

Long's worst decision was not hiring Bielema -- seemed reasonable enough -- but raising the buyout after a mediocre season that seemed to show good things were coming. If the buyout is actually $5.9 million rather than $15 million, that seems like a lot less of a blunder.

I am not the biggest Jeff Long fan -- he strikes me as being a bit too self-centered and self-promotional for me -- but in the end he has done nothing to warrant getting fired.