Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema's buyout less than 5.9M$ per DemoGazz

Started by ballz2thewall, October 12, 2017, 03:00:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 11:47:29 am
Different situation. I agree with Pitino's termination because it happened as the result of an FBI investigation.

Oh, OK...so it has to escalate to law enforcement or the judicial process before you think terminating someone is necessary?  And you definitely need to ignore ALL of the things prior to that without concern that it a character flaw would ever reveal itself and lead to the FBI getting involved correct?  Wow....you're a lenient person Guv.   

Guv....you're one of a kind.  I'll give you that. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 11:50:21 am
No it isn't. He would have gotten terminated after a second offense. By the way, doing business with JD isn't the reason he was fired.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  Go ahead and stick with your line.  BP created this disaster.  He was the only one whose actions initiated it. Your denials and pro forma defenses of his poor ethics notwithstanding.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

urkillnmesmalls

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on October 12, 2017, 11:53:39 am
LOL...nice.  And true.  And sad.

The new direction is exciting and deep (in more ways than one).

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 11:50:21 am
No it isn't. He would have gotten terminated after a second offense. By the way, doing business with JD isn't the reason he was fired.

For the love of all things Holy Guv, LOUISVILLE gave Pitino TWO second chances, and look where it got them!!  What part of, "Oh, maybe Pitino's winning isn't worth the risk of his horrible character flaws and disregard for the truth taking down our program, isn't worth retaining him any longer" don't you understand? 

I gave you a CONCRETE example of a behavior pattern of deceit and dishonesty, and you're dismissing it as only being an issue because the FBI got involved. 

You're like the ring leader at the circus when telling everyone to watch the tumbling acrobats when the lion is eating the tamer.  Distract, distract, distract, and never face the issue. 

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 12, 2017, 11:20:22 am
Could you guys possibly make a new thread and move your Bobby discussion over there please. This thread is supposed to be about the ADG article. Thanks in advance

I typically have the mindset that on average, it takes half the duration of the relationship to move past the relationship when it ends.  So, the average fan moved past CBP fully (getting past anger, denial, acceptance, etc.) somewhere in 2014.  Since it's now nearing the end of 2017, I can only assume that the folks that are still arguing over CBP are the football fan equivalent of a creepy guy/girl that is still in some form or fashion, keeping tabs on an ex.  Could be the occasional facebook page creepage kind of keeping tabs or the more seriously demented creeping in the neighbor's bushes kind of keeping tabs.   

I think some here have even vaulted way past the neighbor's bushes kind of keeping tabs and moved to the apex of creepy tab keeping which is something along the lines of either still sleeping in the ex's underwear drawer or combing through their trash bags in the hopes of finding a sentimental toe nail clipping.  Seriously guys! You need to own your own baggage/creepiness! CBP is gone and some of you are clinging on like a psycho stalker!  Move on!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

GuvHog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on October 12, 2017, 11:51:44 am
Oh, OK...so it has to escalate to law enforcement or the judicial process before you think terminating someone is necessary?  And you definitely need to ignore ALL of the things prior to that without concern that it a character flaw would ever reveal itself and lead to the FBI getting involved correct?  Wow....you're a lenient person Guv.   

Guv....you're one of a kind.  I'll give you that. 

In Petrino's case, there were no laws broken, there were no recruiting violations, there wasn't any possibility of an NCAA investigation. To put it in simple terms, the program was clean. Petrino was simply guilty of bad judgement in his personal life and trying to cover it up. That didn't merit termination, he should have been fined, suspended from multiple games, and put on probation (I.E. Mess up again and you're gone).
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 11:59:41 am
In Petrino's case, there were no laws broken, there were no recruiting violations, there wasn't any possibility of an NCAA investigation. To put it in simple terms, the program was clean. Petrino was simply guilty of bad judgement in his personal life and trying to cover it up. That didn't merit termination, he should have been fined, suspended from multiple games, and put on probation (I.E. Mess up again and you're gone).

You forgot to put IMO.

Because that's what your statement was.

This is my non-signature signature.

Boardon Hamsay

Guv, just curious. Do you have any restraining orders outstanding? Just asking to level set as it relates to sad turn this thread has taken.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 12, 2017, 12:02:22 pm
Guv, just curious. Do you have any restraining orders outstanding? Just asking to level set as it relates to sad turn this thread has taken.

Probably just at the Golden Corral

Tusks

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 12, 2017, 11:50:23 am
When did he leak either?

I'm going with a few assumptions. 

Somewhere somehow, the press or the athletic department release the news that a new contract had been reached and that the buyout had changed.

It's reported in the media and supported by posters on this board, among others, that the new buyout was $15M.

Then when the heat is on JL arse, the buyout is mysteriously $10M LESS than advertised.

JL never came out and said, wait a minute guys, the buyout is not $15M but $5M.  This $15M buyout has been out there for what, a couple of years.  Did no one actually ask JL 'is that number accurate'?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: tusked on October 12, 2017, 12:04:17 pm

Somewhere somehow, the press or the athletic department release the news that a new contract had been reached and that the buyout had changed.

It's reported in the media and supported by posters on this board, among others, that the new buyout was $15M.

Then when the heat is on JL arse, the buyout is mysteriously $10M LESS than advertised.

JL never came out and said, wait a minute guys, the buyout is not $15M but $5M.  This $15M buyout has been out there for what, a couple of years.  Did no one actually ask JL 'is that number accurate'?

So you're assuming what, exactly?  Thst he leaked all this?  That the media reported what you say they reported? Explain please.

GuvHog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 12, 2017, 12:01:20 pm
You forgot to put IMO.

Because that’s what your statement was.

Only the last sentence is my opinion.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hogcard1964

Quote from: tusked on October 12, 2017, 11:48:38 am
So is JL really looking out for the razorback fanbase when he leaks the buyout is $15M and then leaks is really $5M?

Why do this to the fanbase?

He may have been hoping to use the exorbitant amount as a reason for keeping the guy.  "It's not financially viable to make such a move".

...I don't know.

Tusks

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 12, 2017, 12:07:55 pm
So you're assuming what, exactly?  Thst he leaked all this?  That the media reported what you say they reported? Explain please.

Im saying that JL put it out there that the buyout was $15M when it isn't.  He then doesn't say anything to the fanbase to reveal the truth about the buyout.  He let's the inflated number just float around out there without any clarification to make it look like BB can't be fired.  Then when it looks like his job is in jeopardy the true amount of the buyout is revealed in the press.  He looks like a genius because he 'saved' $10M.

Did NO ONE in the press ask him about the buyout and the details.  Are they really that lame?  Did JL 'fool' the fanbase into believing the buyout is higher to keep his guy even though he isn't producing?

why do this?

urkillnmesmalls

Wow....you're more stubborn than CBB.  Pitino's first offenses were NO DIFFERENT, except at least he hadn't hired the female that he had indescretions and an affair with!  They were horrible judgements that were made public and reflected terribly on the University, and they CHOSE to look the other way with a slap on the wrist.  BUT..they illustrated his CHARACTER and that maybe, just maybe, trusting him might be a BAD idea!!!!   

FFWD a few years, and NOW the FBI is involved and he's one of the ones implicated, because he's a BAD GUY.  And the AD that was there who retained him...GONE.   

It's connecting the dots Guv.  You wanted to keep Petrino and would have forgiven him for anything less than being an axe murderer or child molester....let's be honest about it.  We've seen what "win at all costs" can end up being, and Louisville JUST SHOWED US THAT.   

rhames

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 12, 2017, 12:02:22 pm

Hahahaha
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: tusked on October 12, 2017, 12:18:02 pm
Im saying that JL put it out there that the buyout was $15M when it isn't.  He then doesn't say anything to the fanbase to reveal the truth about the buyout.  He let's the inflated number just float around out there without any clarification to make it look like BB can't be fired.  Then when it looks like his job is in jeopardy the true amount of the buyout is revealed in the press.  He looks like a genius because he 'saved' $10M.

Did NO ONE in the press ask him about the buyout and the details.  Are they really that lame?  Did JL 'fool' the fanbase into believing the buyout is higher to keep his guy even though he isn't producing?

why do this?

Broaching the subject of a buyout, publicly, during the season is probably a bit of taboo with the athletic department.

Not really seeing that happen. Jon Fagg or someone along those lines will leak information until the time when Long will make his decision known.

Forcing public comments is just backing them into a corner to support the current staff and make it more painful later.

Hawg Life

Quote from: harrisburghog on October 12, 2017, 05:34:09 am
Long is still dumb and BB should payback what he's been paid.

Long is not dumb, nor has he done a bad job. Long is NOT the problem.

31to6

Quote from: go hogues on October 12, 2017, 08:08:34 am
With that hurdle out of the way, now we face the scenario of being in line behind a bunch of heavyweights who will be dumping their coaches. Do we keep BB and jump on the carousel next year or get sloppy seconds this year?
This is the same exact handwringing that was discussed on this forum when TCTWF "left" for Ole Miss. We got a huge sought-after G5/"almost P5" head coach with NFL experience that saw Arkansas as an attractive place to coach and proved we could win.

The same thing happened when Petrino was fired, and we were able to be an attractive position for a successful P5 coach with a 71% win percentage and multiple conference titles and New Year's Day bowl appearances.

We are not Texas or Alabama. We are not even as attractive as Auburn or TN. But we are a great program and we will be attractive to a wide range of coaches, both established and up-and-comer.

And the coaching carousel is the same every year. If we wait until we are the most attractive job on the market, we will never hire another coach. There will always be at least one program with better recruiting or more money looking for a coach.

We can't let this hinder doing what we have to do, when we have to do it.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pancetta

Have any of you went back and looked at the contract?  I just did and It 100% says we have to pay him $11.7 million if we fire him on Jan 2018. The extension is just an addendum to the original. The only way the article is true is if this is a fake or Bobbit wouldn't agree to it and it was reworked. Look for yourselves. Jist go to end and work your way backwards. https://2michy3wy0l30d34041dt1et-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/football/wp-content/uploads/coach-contracts/bretbielema-ua-employment-contract.pdf
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

hawgon

I just read the contract and the amendment.  The ArDem is exactly right.

First, the contract is merely extended.  That is to say that it clearly says that a new end date is substituted for the old one.  That means that for purposes of the calculation and the monthly value of the contract, the total number of months goes back to the start of 2013

Secondly, Section 16 of the original contract covers the buyout numbers with a chart showing the buyout numbers.  Immediately after that in Section 16 it describes the formula for figuring the exact buyout amount by dividing by the total months of the contract and then multiplying that figure by the remaining months in the contract.

Finally, the Amendment substitutes the a new chart for the old one and the CLEARLY AND SPECIFICALLY STATES that the remainder of Section 16 is to remain in effect.

THERE IS NO DEBATE.  The contract is clear and the ArDem is correct.

The real buyout is the monthly value figure.  So, when they extended the contract and added months, the monthly buyout figure would have gone down by a lot if they had left it at $12.8 million as in the original contract.  I'm not going to do the math, but I suspect that the $15.4 million mark was chosen as that it would keep the monthly buyout value roughly the same as it had been in the original contract with fewer months.  Fewer months means the months have higher value.  More months mean that they have lower value so more money was added.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 12, 2017, 10:13:14 am
Keep running these walk on and DL and Blue shorts out there on the OL,and it does not matter who the QB is. five 4 star OL are sitting on the bench.are they all bust?

I, like you, Forrest City Joe, do not understand why the 4-star linemen are not playing.  Beilema says they "have not developed".  At least we know where 50% of that blame lies.  If Pittman was here, I'd be willing to bet they would be playing.  The current O-line coach likely recruited the ones on the field now, so favoritism may be the answer, and as we know given the QB situation, favoritism runs deep at the UofA.

And even with the current starters, I've said it before and I'll say it again... They have thrown in the towel on Allen.  There is such thing as stepping up your game, and as evidenced against SC in the fourth quarter, they stepped it up when Kelley hit the field. 

And contrary to gossip, many of the defensive starters were still playing in the fourth quarter for SC in that game.  They were subbing, but they never put the 2nd string unit on the field.  And subbing in the fourth quarter is not new to any team.  BOTTOM LINE, Kelley moved the offense.

hawgsalot

Quote from: tusked on October 12, 2017, 12:04:17 pm

Athletic department published his contract the media just didn't really dig in and look at the fine print. 

Snortingred1

Quote from: 12247 on October 12, 2017, 10:36:06 am
If this is true, I doubt Jeff Long knew about it.
If this is true, we fans have been being BSed by someone(s) for 2 or 3 years.
If this is true, the BOT now has only roughly 6 million reasons to sit on their behinds and not act instead of 15+ million.
Glad someone found this and its likely being leaked by someone high up that wants it out there but fears leaking it himself.

Jeff Long is the one that drew up the contract.  Of course he knows about it, lol  Coaches contracts are open to the public.  The only reason why hogville didn't know, is that they didn't take the time to look and read.

The Hawg Marshal

Are any of the posters commenting on the contract attorneys?

247Hog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 12, 2017, 09:29:01 am
Go listen to yesterday's Sportstalk Extra Podcast.

I got so mad I turned it off.

Mike has always seemed spend more time looking down on fans with an attitude instead of finding information of value and reporting it.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

hawgon

Yeah, so the original length of the contract was 72 months.  $12.8 million divided by 72 is not quite $178,000 per month.  The extension makes the length of the contract 96 months.  $15.4 million divided by 96 is a little over $160,000 per month. 

So, his buyout has actually gone down.

hawgon

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 12, 2017, 01:05:35 pm
Are any of the posters commenting on the contract attorneys?

I know a thing or two about them.

Großer Kriegschwein

$15.4 million/Number of months remaining on the contract.

Pretty much says it in black & white.

Good job Jeff.

Wildhog

Quote from: 247Hog on October 12, 2017, 01:07:45 pm
Mike has always seemed spend more time looking down on fans with an attitude instead of finding information of value and reporting it.

All he does is insult people. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

rhames

So if we could just bring coke back we would be good. 
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Trottsky

ricepig

hawgon

Razorbackers

Quote from: rhames on October 12, 2017, 01:14:42 pm
So if we could just bring coke back we would be good.

This is the correct take on the situation. I'm tired of having smuggle whiskey AND coke into games.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: hawgon on October 12, 2017, 01:10:36 pm
I know a thing or two about them.
I mean no disrespect. But you know how guys will get on here talking like experts when really they have no clue. I was just trying to find the ones to take seriously. Again no disrespect to you.

Tusks

Welp this is AWESOME news, don't know why fans were sold this, this way.  But the end result is the hogs are getting a new coach next year and I'll be a $100 he'll be someone that will take advantage of the type of players in the Hogs recruiting area and that signature win of the new coach can come next year at home against .........Bama!

factchecker

Quote from: Wildhog on October 12, 2017, 01:14:17 pm

I like the fact that he challenges the fringe idiots in our fanbase.  The fans who send death threats on social media, the fans who create conspiracy theories, the fans who still refer to people as carpet baggers and yankees.

If fans can dish out criticism then they need to be able to take it.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogsanity

Quote from: tusked on October 12, 2017, 01:21:23 pm

Welp this is AWESOME news, don't know why fans were sold this, this way.  But the end result is the hogs are getting a new coach next year and I'll be a $100 he'll be someone that will take advantage of the type of players in the Hogs recruiting area and that signature win of the new coach can come next year at home against .........Bama!

The best thing any coach could do would be IGNORE our recruiting area because it is a desert of legit sec talent.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Kevin

I wish we could move on from the petrino scandal. it is over done, 6 years down the road.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hawgon

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 12, 2017, 01:21:13 pm
I mean no disrespect. But you know how guys will get on here talking like experts when really they have no clue. I was just trying to find the ones to take seriously. Again no disrespect to you.

It would be an overstatement to say they are all I do.  It would be an understatement to say that I have done quite a few.  Based upon my experience and a clear reading within the four corners of the document, the DemGaz is correct.

Wildhog

Quote from: factchecker on October 12, 2017, 01:22:04 pm
I like the fact that he challenges the fringe idiots in our fanbase.  The fans who send death threats on social media, the fans who create conspiracy theories, the fans who still refer to people as carpet baggers and yankees.

If fans can dish out criticism then they need to be able to take it.

If he only did it to the fringe idiots, it'd be different.  I was repeatedly mocked for suggesting Chaney needed to go. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Großer Kriegschwein

Pretty much.

You can get some insight if you can get thru this, but he'll just start right back up again.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Wildhog on October 12, 2017, 01:27:25 pm
If he only did it to the fringe idiots, it'd be different.  I was repeatedly mocked for suggesting Chaney needed to go.

Somebody a long time ago said something about hating his "guts & livers":

I get it now.

HawgTide

Unlike so many on here posting their opinion as facts he actually brings real info. I like his strong take on the issues even if I don't always agree with him. Thanks Mike

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on October 12, 2017, 01:27:25 pm

That's because you could never grasp Cheney's route tree........

DLUXHOG

Quote from: lawhawg20 on October 12, 2017, 07:34:09 am
First, Long's an idiot because of the buyout being too high. Now Long's an idiot because the buyout "won't "save his a**".  Gotta love Hogville...
Ahhhhhh.... was just going to post literally the same thing.    Thank you!   I'm glad I read all of the previous posts first....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)