Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema's buyout less than 5.9M$ per DemoGazz

Started by ballz2thewall, October 12, 2017, 03:00:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: rhames on October 12, 2017, 11:15:22 am
So what if we win out after Auburn?

How many years in a row can we not have preseason development and preparation?

End the season on a high note, make everyone feel better and keep your job only to stink it up at the beginning of the season.

Piss on that.
This is my non-signature signature.

ricepig

Quote from: hawg1221 on October 12, 2017, 11:16:03 am
Lied? He doesn't have to tell the fans crap.

He thinks that the contracts have never seen the light of day, until this morning.....

Wildhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 12, 2017, 11:14:59 am
I agree.but we have to hold the people who did this to the football program Accountable. this did not have to happen.John L.Smith and coach B did not have to happen.Jeff Long made it happen.the rest is history.

Well, Jeff has an opportunity for (at least some) redemption with the next hire.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: rhames on October 12, 2017, 11:15:22 am
So what if we win out after Auburn?
I honestly think the damage is done and the relationship is irreparable. Bret's not happy anymore and neither are the fans. It's over.

forrest city joe

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 10:59:55 am
It makes perfect sense because Jeff OVER-reacted and took incorrect action.
Yep.

GuvHog

Quote from: Razorbackers on October 12, 2017, 11:10:02 am
I think it's absolutely hilarious that some folks on here think that Long didn't give BP a chance to keep his job.

BP shat on every situation he could have, and I would be willing to bet that Long probably gave him the option of a contract negotiation and a school-sanctioned punishment, and BP would have refused because of his over-inflated ego.

Had BP not done anything wrong he would have stayed.
When he got caught, had he called Jeff right away and told him everything and allowed the UA to get in front of the story, he might have been able to stay.
Had BP not continued to push a false narrative after the national media turned the spotlight to Arkansas, he might have been able to stay.

He had EVERY opportunity. He didn't do it because he's a POS. His firing was nobody's fault but his own.

False. Jeff gave Bobby a list of conditions for staying as Hog HC but when Bobby cracked that silly "Monk" joke, Jeff ordered Bobby to leave without ever giving him a chance to accept Jeff's terms. Bobby even tried to call Jeff and accept the terms but Jeff flatly refused to take his call. Jeff Long lost his temper, blew his cool, and destroyed the Arkansas football program.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Razorbackers

Quote from: Wildhog on October 12, 2017, 11:17:32 am
Well, Jeff has an opportunity for (at least some) redemption with the next hire.

#RonP4Ark

Razorbackers

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 11:18:03 am
False. Jeff gave Bobby a list of conditions for staying as Hog HC but when Bobby cracked that silly "Monk" joke, Jeff ordered Bobby to leave without ever giving him a chance to accept Jeff's terms. Bobby even tried to call Jeff and accept the terms but Jeff flatly refused to take his call. Jeff Long lost his temper, blew his cool, and destroyed the Arkansas football program.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 12, 2017, 11:10:41 am
And if BP does it again and JL fires him it's still JLs fault isn't it?

Pitino just CLEARLY illustrated exactly what Long was afraid would happen by retaining BP.  I don't know how there could be a better example for people to refer to.  They continued to look the other way since they were winning in basketball, and ultimately it came back to bite the AD, and the University. 

If the affair and crash happen, and BP comes to JL humbly and tells him what happpens, and begs for forgiveness and it lays there as a solitary HORRIBLE decision, then I think there's a good chance he remains as HC.  When he lied blatantly and tried to cover it all up, that betrayed JL's trust, and the trust of the Univ. as well. 

Some people will always wish BP had been retained.  I'll always wish he hadn't been an idiot.  There's a difference. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ricepig

Wait....it hasn't been a month since you've said that no conditions were offered, and now this?

The Hawg Marshal

Could you guys possibly make a new thread and move your Bobby discussion over there please. This thread is supposed to be about the ADG article. Thanks in advance

DoctorSusscrofa

BP gets no blame at all for not taking the terms and being serious about them, right?
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

GuvHog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 12, 2017, 11:16:29 am
When Bobby voted yes, did he have information about her that related to unethical behavior?

I don't know what info Bobby had but his vote was only 1 out of 3 people on the committee.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on October 12, 2017, 11:19:15 am
Pitino just CLEARLY illustrated exactly what Long was afraid would happen by retaining BP.  I don't know how there could be a better example for people to refer to.  They continued to look the other way since they were winning in basketball, and ultimately it came back to by the AD, and the University. 

If the affair and crash happen, and BP comes to JL humbly and tells him what happpens, and begs for forgiveness and it lays there as a solitary HORRIBLE decision, then I think there's a good chance he remains as HC.  When he lied blatantly and tried to cover it all up, that betrayed JL's trust, and the trust of the Univ. as well. 

Some people will always wish BP had been retained.  I'll always wish he hadn't been an idiot.  There's a difference.

You're exactly right.  I like Bobby's coaching on offense a lot.  But Bobby did this to himself and us. Long was not looking for a way to fire Bobby.  Bobby provided it free of charge.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on October 12, 2017, 11:20:20 am
Wait....it hasn't been a month since you've said that no conditions were offered, and now this?

No, Jeff Long stated in the termination press conference that no conditions were offered but his notes from the investigation say just the opposite.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 11:21:02 am
I don't know what info Bobby had but his vote was only 1 out of 3 people on the committee.

Did the other 2 people already know about Bobby's affair with her as Bobby did?

forrest city joe

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 09:58:56 am
It's absolutely true. Frank did it for years until John White stuck his nose where it didn't belong.

Remember, Bielema  was all Jeff Long's hire. There was no committee.
John White took power from Frank.and it was never the same after that. up until then Frank was a results guy. you either win,or he would get you out of here.i did not alway agree with Frank. but i respected the fact that he cared about Arkansas winning.HE FIRED JACK CROWE AFTER 1GAME FOLKS.and admitting he made a mistake hiring him.

rhames

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 12, 2017, 11:17:06 am
How many years in a row can we not have preseason development and preparation?

End the season on a high note, make everyone feel better and keep your job only to stink it up at the beginning of the season.

Piss on that.

I agree.

I also think it's highly unlikely that we win out after Auburn

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: tusked on October 12, 2017, 10:45:17 am
Jim Grobe said 'yes' but I want to sleep on it and then changed his mind the next morning.  AYSM.

And then the dipschit says his only regret was 'hiring BP' which he's saying he regrets having to put up with BP while he has the hogs #3 in the country.  What a SLAP to the fanbase.  He says that while his boy is losing at a historical rate at AR.

God I almost wish the buyout was $15M and cost JL is job too.
I told this story before, but here it is again.
I remember listening to DriveTime Sports one evening in early Dec 2007 while driving home from somewhere.
Rainwater and Ray Tucker were on the air.
They were going to commercial break, when Tucker commented 'I just got a phone call off the air that Bobby Petrino had thrown his name into the mix'
Rainwater commented something like 'very interesting'. Tucker replied 'This source is someone I trust completely'.
Two weeks later, he was the new head coach.

Petrino definitely had his people put the feelers out to Arkansas. He put his name out there, and then AFTER Grobe and Bowden fell through, Long pursued Petrino.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 11:23:38 am
No, Jeff Long stated in the termination press conference that no conditions were offered but his notes from the investigation say just the opposite.

Long is a liar remember?!?!?!

There was also nothing in his notes about an offer

The_Iceman

Do you just make this crap up?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 11:21:02 am

It's funny when all you talk about how much latitude that an 11 win coach should get and not actually apply the same principle to Jessica's hiring process.

I know that just went over your head.

Coach just won 11 games, finished #5 in the nation and he makes it known that he wants to hire this blonde chick right here. Of course they are gonna agree with him. He's the most successful coach in the athletic department since McDonnell retired.

The Hawg Marshal

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: rhames on October 12, 2017, 11:24:05 am

I agree.

I also think it's highly unlikely that we win out after Auburn

We may beat Ole Miss. Missouri gets up for that game every year it seems.

rhames

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 12, 2017, 11:26:25 am
We may beat Ole Miss. Missouri gets up for that game every year it seems.

I actually think ole miss gets us and he is let go after the game now.

GuvHog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 12, 2017, 11:20:37 am
BP gets no blame at all for not taking the terms and being serious about them, right?

Can you not read?? I said the "Monk" joke was silly and he shouldn't have said it. That however, doesn't excuse Jeff Long from OVER-reacting, losing his temper, blowing his cool, and ruining the football program. After Bobby cracked that silly "Monk" joke, he was going to accept the terms but Long never gave him a chance.

jacobp

GuvHog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 12, 2017, 11:25:19 am
It’s funny when all you talk about how much latitude that an 11 win coach should get and not actually apply the same principle to Jessica’s hiring process.

I know that just went over your head.

Coach just won 11 games, finished #5 in the nation and he makes it known that he wants to hire this blonde chick right here. Of course they are gonna agree with him. He’s the most successful coach in the athletic department since McDonnell retired.

But Jeff Long was the one who hired her. THAT seems to have gone over YOU'RE head.

The Kig

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 12, 2017, 11:02:02 am
You keep missing the point. it's not about Bobby and what he did. we all agree that what he did was wrong.and yes he should have thought about it before he did it.WE AGREE ON THAT! what we don't agree about is Long's decision to fire him. he should have been fined and suspended.firing him caused what we have now.which is just pitiful.

By your logic, Harvey Weinstein should have been suspended.   Bill Cosby should have had to miss a few tapings.   Simply because someone is really good at the job you hired them for and replacing them means someone with less skill may hurt your brand does not make it ok to ignore doing the right thing.  People in positions of power who think they are exempt from the rules and use their perceived influence to trade sexual favors for real or imagined jobs are Predators.  It's comical that anyone would think that a slap on the wrist would have done anything other than signal Petrino to be more careful the next time to hide evidence of his misdeeds. 

Grow the eff up.  Yes, Bert has not performed as expected and yes, his performance may very well cost him his job and has most certainly damaged the Arkansas brand...but separate the two issues and stop defending a sexual predator.
Poker Porker

Mr Jade

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 11:30:47 am
But Jeff Long was the one who hired her. THAT seems to have gone over YOU'RE head.

*YOUR, unless you are trying to say "over YOU ARE head."
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on October 12, 2017, 11:16:23 am
Contract extension and a huuuugggeee new buyout!!!

You would fuel the stupidity.  Haha

forrest city joe

Quote from: tusked on October 12, 2017, 11:08:00 am
Yes you can.  You fine BP, suspend him for games and add a new conduct clause to BP's contract.  You tell him if he (JL) hears a peep about BP being an arse to anyone then he's gone.

You put markers out there for BP to improve his life and show he's changed and have him in essence 'ask the fanbase for forgiveness'.  You make it so BP can been seen as a changed man.

There's ways to work it so he has a path to redemption and JL maintains control of the situation.  You at least give it a try so you don't go down the path to a vandy winning %.

With a coaching record like BP had, you have to try.
Best post in this thread.i said these same things years ago.and Bobby had no choice but to accept it. he was under a long term contract. outstanding post.

Letsroll1200

Can we leave Long alone. He is one of the best in the business

GuvHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 12, 2017, 11:25:15 am
Do you just make this crap up?

It isn't made up. Jeff's own notes show that he ordered Bobby out after he cracked the monk Joke without waiting for his answer and it is also known that Bobby tried to call him and accept the terms but Long refused to accept the call.

urkillnmesmalls

So, I'm trying to understand this.  What is that the now potentially exposed true buyout number of $5.9M is making some people who were all in on sending JL out on the same bus as CBB, now thinking he will be retained?  Was it the big $15M buyout that they were looking at having to pay that was going to be the nail in his coffin?  Was it not that he hired him, and offered him the extension? 

And lastly....is this going to end up one of those situations where ultimately they use the CBB drinking rumors to have this end up being an amicable parting of ways, with CBB saying he needs help and then turning up somewhere else after some time away? 

Hogville is a very small minority of very engaged and usually informed fans.  It's a small group by comparison, and I just wonder if the fans are going to view anything Long has done as wrong, because the national pundits praised him for canning BP, and praised him again for the "coup" of hiring BB, who was a proven commodity in their eyes at the time. 

I'm not sure the casual fan is even thinking of anything other than CBB not winning games, and my guess is they see all of the success of the other programs on campus, and all of the new facilities, and aren't even thinking about JL being any part of the issue. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Karma on October 12, 2017, 08:50:48 am
So if the buyout term is bad, Long deserves all the blame. But if it's good, he deserves none of the credit?

What I'm saying is all this time we've been led to believe it's a $15.4M buyout when it's actually less than $6M. Now he'll twist it to where he can look like a savior.

If you don't think he's feeding numbers to the media, you're crazy.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 11:28:30 am
Can you not read?? I said the "Monk" joke was silly and he shouldn't have said it. That however, doesn't excuse Jeff Long from OVER-reacting, losing his temper, blowing his cool, and ruining the football program. After Bobby cracked that silly "Monk" joke, he was going to accept the terms but Long never gave him a chance.

Petrino's response makes it super clear he didn't take the conditions or his actions seriously.  The debacle occurred because BP voluntarily gave the school grounds for firing and showed he was undisciplined.  Long was not planning all along on firing Bobby. 
I like Bobby a lot.  But he dug our grave himself.  You "condemn" his acts with a wink and a nod.  But you do not want him to suffer the real consequences for them. You wanted a slap on the wrist and a wink as a reminder not to get caught again.  That's unacceptable. 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 11:30:47 am

Yep.

Completely over your slow head.

GuvHog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 12, 2017, 11:37:45 am
Petrino's response makes it super clear he didn't take the conditions or his actions seriously.  The debacle occurred because BP voluntarily gave the school grounds for firing and showed he was undisciplined.  Long was not planning all along on firing Bobby. 
I like Bobby a lot.  But he dug our grave himself.  You "condemn" his acts with a wink and a nod.  But you do not want him to suffer the real consequences for them. You wanted a slap on the wrist and a wink as a reminder not to get caught again.  That's unacceptable. 

You have no clue what you are talking about. A multi-game suspension, a large fine, and probation, is not a "slap on the wrist" by any means.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 11:34:54 am
It isn't made up. Jeff's own notes show that he ordered Bobby out after he cracked the monk Joke without waiting for his answer and it is also known that Bobby tried to call him and accept the terms but Long refused to accept the call.

Dude..you should write a book about this.  It would be comedy gold.  You would contradict yourself so many times, and with the inability to fit the story to how you think it played out, it would have to be a best seller. 

I think you should explain to us why Louisville should have retained Pitino next.  I'm ready for you to uncork that masterpiece. 

HoggyCat

Plus, do you think or second any other AD in the country would immediately go public with all the information like Long did? Long could've kept it quiet, handled it internally, and not be going through this crap.

But Long is a self supporting ego maniac that saw a way to bolster his image. Jeff Long puts Jeff Long first in everything, even honor and integrity. Rape in 2009 is more than enough proof of that.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 11:42:33 am
You have no clue what you are talking about. A multi-game suspension, a large fine, and probation, is not a "slap on the wrist" by any means.

Yeah, it really is.  And you do know it.  A suspension and fine lets Bobby keep a great salary, a great job.  He really loses only the expense of doing business with JD. And if he does it again, he has precedence that it's only worth a fine or suspension.

GuvHog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on October 12, 2017, 11:43:13 am
Dude..you should write a book about this.  It would be comedy gold.  You would contradict yourself so many times, and with the inability to fit the story to how you think it played out, it would have to be a best seller. 

I think you should explain to us why Louisville should have retained Pitino next.  I'm ready for you to uncork that masterpiece. 

Different situation. I agree with Pitino's termination because it happened as the result of an FBI investigation.

Tusks

So is JL really looking out for the razorback fanbase when he leaks the buyout is $15M and then leaks is really $5M?

Why do this to the fanbase?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 12, 2017, 11:43:27 am
Plus, do you think or second any other AD in the country would immediately go public with all the information like Long did? Long could've kept it quiet, handled it internally, and not be going through this crap.

But Long is a self supporting ego maniac that saw a way to bolster his image. Jeff Long puts Jeff Long first in everything, even honor and integrity. Rape in 2009 is more than enough proof of that.

Hoggy...what universe are you living in man???  Petrino went public with his "cowboy up in a neck brace" public response and was caught on camera being asked if there was another person on the bike with him, and he said no. 

How in the hell do you put that air back in the balloon?  How Petrino thought that a police report wouldn't follow is crazy, and I guess he thought Long would have his back and try to break the law by having that report suppressed??? 

Do some of you listen to yourselves before you type this stuff??  Geez... 

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

GuvHog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 12, 2017, 11:45:46 am
Yeah, it really is.  And you do know it.  A suspension and fine lets Bobby keep a great salary, a great job.  He really loses only the expense of doing business with JD. And if he does it again, he has precedence that it's only worth a fine or suspension.

No it isn't. He would have gotten terminated after a second offense. By the way, doing business with JD isn't the reason he was fired.

phadedhawg

Quote from: tusked on October 12, 2017, 11:48:38 am
So is JL really looking out for the razorback fanbase when he leaks the buyout is $15M and then leaks is really $5M?

Why do this to the fanbase?

When did he leak either?