Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema's buyout less than 5.9M$ per DemoGazz

Started by ballz2thewall, October 12, 2017, 03:00:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusks

If this new number in accurate then BB is GONE and JL will be on a much shorter leash moving forward, which he should be. 

I have seen nothing from JL that makes me think he's anymore than his 'job description'.  He does nothing outstanding and his optics are TERRIBLE.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: tusked on October 12, 2017, 10:39:48 am
The illuminati and all the Longer's have been solid on at $15M buyout.  That number wasn't pulled out of the air.  Someone strategically leaked that number and then strategically leaked the real buyout.

Asshats.

All we have to do is find out who Deep Throat is in this cloak and dagger scandal so we can ask him to stay on the phone all the way to ten if the amount of the buyout is 15M. And if the buyout is lower hang up when we reach that number.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Razorbackers

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 10:42:00 am
Seriously?? Bobby Petrino was trying to get an interview for the Job the whole time Jeff Long was going after Tommy Bowden and Grobe but Jeff ignored him. It was only when pressured to do so that Jeff interviewed and hired Petrino. If Jeff had wanted BP, he wouldn't have gone after Bowden and Grobe while ignoring BP.

I'm gonna break out an pic I used to use for you all the time in politics.

Großer Kriegschwein

Mike did, and I'm paraphrasing" say that Kelley was impressive if for no other reason than stepping up in the pocket under pressure to be able to see all his receivers. The team reacted very well to it.
This is my non-signature signature.

Tusks

Quote from: Razorbackers on October 12, 2017, 10:47:36 am
Right, and then Long would have zero control over a coach that he already had no control over, and the program would have gotten even more toxic because BP could have gotten away with anything. You can't lie to you boss, and let your boss go on TV and be totally unprepared for the impending ****storm.

I'd say you can't see the forest for the trees, but it's more like you can't see the forest because you're blind.

Then man up as the AD and get your coach under control.  Stop the passive aggressive crap and get in BP's face and tell BP how he's going to conduct himself and he's going to have to change.

BP sitting on the bench for a few games along with a fine and whole plethora of new conduct clauses in  his contract would have been sufficient.

ricepig

Quote from: tusked on October 12, 2017, 10:39:48 am
The illuminati and all the Longer's have been solid on at $15M buyout.  That number wasn't pulled out of the air.  Someone strategically leaked that number and then strategically leaked the real buyout.

Asshats.

You do realize the media(ADG, etc) FOI every new hire for their contract? This contract and it's later extension were in the papers and on-line after they were signed. It's been out in the public since early 2013 on his original contract, and the extension since Feb of 2015, hardly leaked, lol. Now, were they read and interrupted correctly, apparently not.

RME

Quote from: tusked on October 12, 2017, 10:51:10 am
Then man up as the AD and get your coach under control.  Stop the passive aggressive crap and get in BP's face and tell BP how he's going to conduct himself and he's going to have to change.

BP sitting on the bench for a few games along with a fine and whole plethora of new conduct clauses in  his contract would have been sufficient.

Bobby does something bad. Jeff reacts. People hate Jeff, not Bobby (the one at fault) because he reacted to Bobby's dumbass actions.

I knock your friend's teeth out. You react by knocking my teeth out. People hate you, not me (the one at fault), because you reacted to my dumbass action.

Does that make sense to you?

forrest city joe

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 12, 2017, 10:44:11 am
Or maybe our head football coach shouldn't have run around and stuck his dick where it didn't belong in the first place? You're blaming one guy's response to another guy's personal actions and choices.

Gotcha.
What Bobby did was wrong.i will not and have not ever defensed what he did. my problem is Long's response.firing Bobby killed Arkansas football the last 5 years.we are now one of the worst football programs in the country. Long should have thought about that before making the risky move to fired an outstanding coach.this mess is on Jeff Long!

longpig

A bunch of you hot heads owe Jeffrey an apology.
Don't be scared, be smart.

RME

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 12, 2017, 10:54:16 am
What Bobby did was wrong.i will not hand have not ever defensed what he did. my problem is Long's response.firing Bobby killed Arkansas football the last 5 years.we are now one of the worst football programs in the country. Long should have thought about that before making the risky move to fired an outstanding coach.this mess is on Jeff Long!

And Bobby should've thought about the consequences before he [CENSORED] a chick and gave her a job.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 12, 2017, 10:54:16 am
What Bobby did was wrong.i will not hand have not ever defensed what he did. my problem is Long's response.firing Bobby killed Arkansas football the last 5 years.we are now one of the worst football programs in the country. Long should have thought about that before making the risky move to fired an outstanding coach.this mess is on Jeff Long!

You ARE blatantly defending BPs action.  No matter what you claim.  That IS what you are doing.

rhames

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 12, 2017, 10:55:31 am
And Bobby should've thought about the consequences before he [CENSORED] a chick and gave her a job.

DON'T YOU GO POSTING BLAME ON THE PERSON WHO DESERVES IT.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

GuvHog

Quote from: Razorbackers on October 12, 2017, 10:48:53 am
I'm gonna break out an pic I used to use for you all the time in politics.

Post all of the picks you want to but what I said is true.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

RME

GuvHog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 12, 2017, 10:54:15 am
Bobby does something bad. Jeff reacts. People hate Jeff, not Bobby (the one at fault) because he reacted to Bobby's dumbass actions.

I knock your friend's teeth out. You react by knocking my teeth out. People hate you, not me (the one at fault), because you reacted to my dumbass action.

It makes perfect sense because Jeff OVER-reacted and took incorrect action.

Tusks

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 12, 2017, 10:54:15 am

This isn't a school yard.  It's and AD and HC at a P5 school. 

If JL was all you say he is, he had BP over a barrel and could've taken complete control over any conduct within the football program if he wanted.  There's so many other ways he could of played it and sufficiently brought BP under control and reset the culture it's like shooting fish in a barrel.  JL is a pussey and took the pussey way out.

RME

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 10:59:55 am

Bobby took incorrect action to begin with. If you don't wanna deal with potential consequences and fallout, don't be an idiot in the first place.

RME

Quote from: tusked on October 12, 2017, 11:00:25 am
This isn't a school yard.  It's and AD and HC at a P5 school. 

If JL was all you say he is, he had BP over a barrel and could've taken complete control over any conduct within the football program if he wanted.  There's so many other ways he could of played it and sufficiently brought BP under control and reset the culture it's like shooting fish in a barrel.  JL is a pussey and took the pussey way out.

Totally missed the point, but I'm not surprised.

GuvHog

As has been proven multiple times, Bobby didn't give her a job.

forrest city joe

You keep missing the point. it's not about Bobby and what he did. we all agree that what he did was wrong.and yes he should have thought about it before he did it.WE AGREE ON THAT! what we don't agree about is Long's decision to fire him. he should have been fined and suspended.firing him caused what we have now.which is just pitiful.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: runninhog on October 12, 2017, 09:05:26 am
I was told last night the Foundation is paying whatever the number is, and he's gone.

Yeah, but how much credibility does your uncle Jimbob really deserve?   8)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

rhames

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 12, 2017, 11:02:02 am
You keep missing the point. it's not about Bobby and what he did. we all agree that what he did was wrong.and yes he should have thought about it before he did it.WE AGREE ON THAT! what we don't agree about is Long's decision to fire him. he should have been fined and suspended.firing him caused what we have now.which is just pitiful.

Uhh it's exactly about what Petrino did 

You can't do all those things and keep your job.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

Tusks

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 12, 2017, 11:01:33 am
Totally missed the point, but I'm not surprised.

Completely made a dumbarse point, and 'totally' not surprised.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 11:02:00 am

Where has this been proven?

Razorbackers

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 11:02:00 am

So you're claiming that Bobby had nothing at all to do with hiring her.  She applied directly to Jeff and when BP found out he was furious and demanded that she be kept as far from his clean program as possible?

RME

Quote from: tusked on October 12, 2017, 11:03:50 am
Completely made a dumbarse point, and 'totally' not surprised.

It's okay buddy. You can continue to get mad at Party B's reaction to Party A when Party A legitimately dug his own grave by knowingly and willingly making selfish and terrible decisions.

rhames

Quote from: Razorbackers on October 12, 2017, 11:06:31 am
Guvworld. It's a fantastical place.

He is going to come back with Jeff Long signed off on it

Tusks

Quote from: rhames on October 12, 2017, 11:03:41 am
Uhh it's exactly about what Petrino did 
You can't do all those things and keep your job.

Yes you can.  You fine BP, suspend him for games and add a new conduct clause to BP's contract.  You tell him if he (JL) hears a peep about BP being an arse to anyone then he's gone.

You put markers out there for BP to improve his life and show he's changed and have him in essence 'ask the fanbase for forgiveness'.  You make it so BP can been seen as a changed man.

There's ways to work it so he has a path to redemption and JL maintains control of the situation.  You at least give it a try so you don't go down the path to a vandy winning %.

With a coaching record like BP had, you have to try.

Wildhog

Jesus.  I like Petrino as much as anyone here, but he's gone, and we've got an opportunity to hire another great coach. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Razorbackers

I think it's absolutely hilarious that some folks on here think that Long didn't give BP a chance to keep his job.

BP shat on every situation he could have, and I would be willing to bet that Long probably gave him the option of a contract negotiation and a school-sanctioned punishment, and BP would have refused because of his over-inflated ego.

Had BP not done anything wrong he would have stayed.
When he got caught, had he called Jeff right away and told him everything and allowed the UA to get in front of the story, he might have been able to stay.
Had BP not continued to push a false narrative after the national media turned the spotlight to Arkansas, he might have been able to stay.

He had EVERY opportunity. He didn't do it because he's a POS. His firing was nobody's fault but his own.

rhames

Quote from: tusked on October 12, 2017, 11:08:00 am
Yes you can.  You fine BP, suspend him for games and add a new conduct clause to BP's contract.  You tell him if he (JL) hears a peep about BP being an arse to anyone then he's gone.

You put markers out there for BP to improve his life and show he's changed and have him in essence 'ask the fanbase for forgiveness'.  You make it so BP can been seen as a changed man.

There's ways to work it so he has a path to redemption and JL maintains control of the situation.  You at least give it a try so you don't go down the path to a vandy winning %.

With a record like BP had, you have to try.

No. You hope that because he was a good football coach.

In reality there is no way he deserved to keep his job. He lied and lied and lied until he just couldn't.

The funny thing is, if he would have been straight forward after the wreck that leads a path to maybe what you suggested but he didn't.

hawg1221

Quote from: lawhawg20 on October 12, 2017, 07:34:09 am
First, Long's an idiot because of the buyout being too high. Now Long's an idiot because the buyout "won't "save his a**".  Gotta love Hogville...

I call it "foot in mouth" for many of the posters, the idiot fans that don't know what they're talking about.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: tusked on October 12, 2017, 11:08:00 am

With a coaching record like BP had, you have to try.

And if BP does it again and JL fires him it's still JLs fault isn't it?

rhames

Quote from: Wildhog on October 12, 2017, 11:09:01 am
Jesus.  I like Petrino as much as anyone here, but he's gone, and we've got an opportunity to hire another great coach. 

Yeah. I'm done talking about it

JaketheSnake

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 10:25:19 am
Dorrell wasn't hired as a head coach. Totally different situation. She was interviewed and recommended to long by a hiring committee (yes, Bobby was on the committee) and Long hired her.
L.......O.........L

Tusks

You're right.  I hate getting off in that wormhole.  Sometimes you just get sucked in.

I hope with all my hope that JL can somehow grow some brains if figure out how to hire the right coach.  If I hear one more time 'it looks good on paper' Im going to scream.

forrest city joe

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 12, 2017, 10:56:35 am
You ARE blatantly defending BPs action.  No matter what you claim.  That IS what you are doing.
Nope. but if that's what makes you happy go for it. does not matter one bit to me.my worst fears about what was going to happen came true.

GuvHog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 12, 2017, 11:07:16 am
So you're claiming that Bobby had nothing at all to do with hiring her.  She applied directly to Jeff and when BP found out he was furious and demanded that she be kept as far from his clean program as possible?

She applied for the position, was interviewed by the hiring committee (yes, Bobby was on that committee), they unanimously recommended her to Jeff Long, and he hired her.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 10:59:55 am

I KNEW this thread would devolve back into this tired topic, and I knew you'd be in the thick of it, defending BP's actions. 

I know you care nothing about integrity, but some people do.  Sometimes, when there's not just one singular event, but a trail of lies with each compounding the other, you have to look at the overall character of a person.

Louisville isn't scared are they?  They've proven it...they'll take a proven coach, and damn the consequences right?  They have Petrino, and HAD Pitino, two guys with a closet full of skeletons.   

Did they fire Pitino for his reprehensible actions on the first or second time he should have been fired?  Nope.  And LOOK where they are now.  That's a CHARACTER issue, and while people can change, it's usually not a whole lot.  And if you as a University choose to lie in bed with people like that, then the odds are it's going to come back to bite you. It's going to bite them HARD moving forward in basketball, and their AD and Pitino are already out on the street. 

Now...I'm sure you would LOVE to take CBP back if he's unhappy that they canned his beloved AD, and forgive him for everything he did here.  But guess what...the reason Lousville canned their AD is exactly why JL wasn't willing to retain BP after he LIED REPEATEDLY TO HIS FACE. 

At some point TRUST matters, and that's the part that I still don't think most of you get.  I can get past someone lying to me once or twice if it's small potatoes, but I'll be watching closer and lose some trust.  Show a pattern of lying, and I don't have time for you, and will NOT trust you. 

Sorry Guv...but you, FCJ, and others are so badly wrong on that that it's not even funny.     
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

The Hawg Marshal

Thank you! Once a horse is dead there is really no sense in beating it for 6 plus years.

Tusks

Quote from: hawg1221 on October 12, 2017, 11:10:28 am
I call it "foot in mouth" for many of the posters, the idiot fans that don't know what they're talking about.

Jeff Long to the Razorback fanbase this morning when the story broke "hahahahahaha fooled ya"

thanks jeff, you got me.

ricepig

Don't take away from a Guv'd thread......

DoctorSusscrofa

A suspension and fine for BP would have been a slap on the wrist and condoning unethical behavior by our flagship university.  Those that support that are in fact condoning the behavior itself.  Period.

forrest city joe

I agree.but we have to hold the people who did this to the football program Accountable. this did not have to happen.John L.Smith and coach B did not have to happen.Jeff Long made it happen.the rest is history.

rhames

hawg1221

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 12, 2017, 07:52:30 am
So Long has lied to Arkansas fans and the lie has been going on for the past 5 years.  Wasn't that the excuse for firing CBP, that he lied to Long. We can't trust Long he should be replaced.

Lied? He doesn't have to tell the fans crap.

ricepig

Quote from: rhames on October 12, 2017, 11:15:22 am
So what if we win out after Auburn?

Contract extension and a huuuugggeee new buyout!!!

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: GuvHog on October 12, 2017, 11:11:41 am
She applied for the position, was interviewed by the hiring committee (yes, Bobby was on that committee), they unanimously recommended her to Jeff Long, and he hired her.

When Bobby voted yes, did he have information about her that related to unethical behavior?

hawgon

The best part about getting a new coach and possibly having Jeff gone too?  Maybe we can finally get past all the dysfunctional mess caused by the Petrino saga which was really just an extension of the HDN saga.

We need to move on in the worst way and Jeff is the last major player left over from the HDN era who is not a booster.  I think everyone, including Jeff and Bert would be better off.