Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Houston Nutt Refiles lawsuit against Ole Miss

Started by rhog1, October 11, 2017, 02:47:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rhog1

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2017/10/11/houston-nutt-refiles-his-lawsuit-against-ole-miss-its-athletic-foundation-and-ihl-board/754077001/
As a result, the 46-page complaint states Nutt should receive an "award of compensatory and punitive damages the costs of this action, attorneys' fees, and post-judgement interest, and for all other relief deemed proper."

Looks like Nutt is going for the big payday now. All Ole Miss had to do was give the man the apology they owed him at the start and they wouldn't do it. Now Like a bad STD he wont go away.

EastexHawg

He obviously knows his coaching career is over, as it should be.  Who would hire a coach who sues a former employer, especially after he stunk up the joint there?

riccoar

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 11, 2017, 03:04:16 pm
He obviously knows his coaching career is over, as it should be.  Who would hire a coach who sues a former employer, especially after he stunk up the joint there?
That or he has a REALLY EXPENSIVE charity that needs funding.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: rhog1 on October 11, 2017, 02:47:58 pm
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2017/10/11/houston-nutt-refiles-his-lawsuit-against-ole-miss-its-athletic-foundation-and-ihl-board/754077001/
As a result, the 46-page complaint states Nutt should receive an "award of compensatory and punitive damages the costs of this action, attorneys' fees, and post-judgement interest, and for all other relief deemed proper."

Looks like Nutt is going for the big payday now. All Ole Miss had to do was give the man the apology they owed him at the start and they wouldn't do it. Now Like a bad STD he wont go away.
Wait a second! Is this the third or even fourth version of "Ground Hog Day" ??? ::) I mean I thought everyone involved "kissed and made up" a couple of months back. :o On the other hand, it IS Hooter AND OM.

The Hawg Marshal

I was on an airplane to Vegas not long after Ole Miss hired Nutt. I happened to be sitting by a pretty little blonde from Mississippi. We started a conversation and it of course found it's way to football. She starts telling me how we were crazy to let Nutt go after he beat LSU and all. I told her she just didn't understand what was about to happen to her football program. She was really sweet and the conversation was cordial all the way through.I think of that conversation every time I see an article or thread about Ole Miss and Nutt. I wonder if she ever thinks about it?

hogcard1964

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 11, 2017, 03:15:40 pm
Wish we had him back right now.   :(
Not me. We can do better. We just need to make the right hire next time.

hogcard1964

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 11, 2017, 03:16:38 pm
Not me. We can do better. We just need to make the right hire next time.

No I know.  As bad as Bret is, I still wouldn't want Nutter back.

The_Iceman

moses_007

His first suit was to bring Freeze down, which it did.  Looks like this one is for the money.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 11, 2017, 03:15:40 pm
Wish we had him back right now.   :(
Man, you really have lost all hope then. I promise it WILL get better and there's a cure for that.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: moses_007 on October 11, 2017, 03:25:28 pm
His first suit was to bring Freeze down, which it did.  Looks like this one is for the money.
Oh yeah, missed that slight nuance. Then again, how could I possibly have missed that?

HoggieStyle

Quote from: riccoar on October 11, 2017, 03:08:10 pm
That or he has a REALLY EXPENSIVE charity that needs funding.

Diana has shopped him into poverty. He needs to reload the prepaid cards.

Hog Nutt

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 11, 2017, 03:15:34 pm
I was on an airplane to Vegas not long after Ole Miss hired Nutt. I happened to be sitting by a pretty little blonde from Mississippi. We started a conversation and it of course found it's way to football. She starts telling me how we were crazy to let Nutt go after he beat LSU and all. I told her she just didn't understand what was about to happen to her football program. She was really sweet and the conversation was cordial all the way through.I think of that conversation every time I see an article or thread about Ole Miss and Nutt. I wonder if she ever thinks about it?

Pics or it didn't happen.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Hog Nutt on October 11, 2017, 03:37:30 pm
Pics or it didn't happen.
Sorry to say it didn't get further than a conversation on a plane. She probably wouldn't have liked me snapping a picture.

DLUXHOG

Nutt... the gift that keeps on givin'......... I would say what a shame for Ole Miss, however they seem to have a "thing" for ex-Arkansas or Arkansas State coaches...............
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: DLUXHOG on October 11, 2017, 03:48:54 pm
Nutt... the gift that keeps on givin'......... I would say what a shame for Ole Miss, however they seem to have a "thing" for ex-Arkansas or Arkansas State coaches...............
Are you actually comparing ole Hooter to some of the other many "gifts that keep on givin'" such as the clap, AIDs, pregnancy, etc. Man, not THAT ::) ??? :o

longtimeHogfan

I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

hogcard1964

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on October 11, 2017, 04:04:44 pm
No

I was being facetious.  I wouldn't want him or Petrino back.  However, both were better than what we have.

hogsanity

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 11, 2017, 03:04:16 pm

Yea, what kind of coach sues his former employer?.......................Oh Wait a minute didn't that happen here?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 11, 2017, 04:07:01 pm
I was being facetious.  I wouldn't want him or Petrino back.  However, both were better than what we have.

Facetiousness duly noted.  :)
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hogsanity on October 11, 2017, 04:20:32 pm
Yea, what kind of coach sues his former employer?.......................Oh Wait a minute didn't that happen here?
Did it; please do tell.

Hog Nutt

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 11, 2017, 03:41:37 pm
Sorry to say it didn't get further than a conversation on a plane. She probably wouldn't have liked me snapping a picture.

She was going to Vegas man! That's exactly what she wanted.

Silver Hog

This is what they get for the next Fiddy years , FIDDY years!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Silver Hog on October 11, 2017, 04:31:15 pm

Yeah, but he's feeling the pain in his ittsy, bitsy finger.....and all the way up his body.

KevinOMReb

Quote from: rhog1 on October 11, 2017, 02:47:58 pm

He doesn't deserve a dime.  Not from Arkansas or Ole Miss.  He was a lousy coach with a lousy record.  He went three years without getting a HC job for a reason; he sucks at it.  Not because of anything OM or Hugh said.  I'm glad we haven't paid him a red cent.
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 11, 2017, 03:15:34 pm

In general, old men remember conversations with pretty women longer than the other way around.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Karma on October 11, 2017, 04:56:54 pm
In general, old men remember conversations with pretty women longer than the other way around.
Hey, wait just a minute there mister: at my age I can remember conversations with a pretty young thing for at least 30 seconds; hopefully she can do better than THAT.

Sivad

Hawgphish

I was surprised this morning when Bazzel asked him his opinion on buyouts.  Considering his exits from his last two jobs.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Silver Hog on October 11, 2017, 04:31:15 pm

For some reason, I don't remember this. Can someone give some backstory as to what he's rambling about?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

DLUXHOG

Quote from: KevinOMReb on October 11, 2017, 04:50:10 pm
He doesn't deserve a dime.  Not from Arkansas or Ole Miss.  He was a lousy coach with a lousy record.  He went three years without getting a HC job for a reason; he sucks at it.  Not because of anything OM or Hugh said.  I'm glad we haven't paid him a red cent.

no red cents, but if memory serves me correct, we paid him $3.5 million to "walk away"................

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: DLUXHOG on October 11, 2017, 09:23:38 pm
no red cents, but if memory serves me correct, we paid him $3.5 million to "walk away"................

Who is WE in your post? Because in his i'm Pretty sure the "we" is Ole Miss.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on October 11, 2017, 09:56:05 pm
Who is WE in your post? Because in his i’m Pretty sure the “we” is Ole Miss.

my mistake, but Ole Miss paid him $4.35 MM...  I see now he was probably being sarcastic.    my bad.......

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: DLUXHOG on October 11, 2017, 09:59:24 pm
my mistake, but Ole Miss paid him $4.35 MM...  I see now he was probably being sarcastic.    my bad.......

Just figured I would try to point it out and avoid a potential misunderstanding. No biggie. I phrased it how I did because I was not sure if I was missing something myself.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Karma on October 11, 2017, 04:56:54 pm
Trust me , I have no delusions about that. lol

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on October 11, 2017, 09:56:05 pm
Who is WE in your post? Because in his i'm Pretty sure the "we" is Ole Miss.

I thought the post was referring to the $3M "Golden Handcuffs" AR paid him on his way to OM.

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 11, 2017, 04:23:59 pm
Did it; please do tell.

I seem to remember NR suing the university after being dismissed, claiming the AD's decisions were "racially motivated."  He lost.  Am I remembering that incorrectly?

prattville pig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 11, 2017, 03:59:33 pm
Are you actually comparing ole Hooter to some of the other many "gifts that keep on givin'" such as the clap, AIDs, pregnancy, etc. Man, not THAT ::) ??? :o
Jelly of the Month Club
Life's too short to last long.

Cambridge Hog

He wants to make sure his name is clear before he throws his hat into the ring for the Arkansas gig...

smb

GeorgiaHOG

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on October 12, 2017, 07:01:11 am
I thought the post was referring to the $3M "Golden Handcuffs" AR paid him on his way to OM.

Richard?