Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gus Questions

Started by hogblitz, October 11, 2017, 02:21:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogblitz

I know that there is a GUS thread but I would like to go a little more in depth.  I am not saying that I think he should or should not be hired.  That's not the purpose of this post.   Quite frankly, I have always thought he could never be the head hog due to past history.  However, I do have questions that I would be interested in what people think. 

Would Gus entertain the idea of coming back?  Is this his dream job?

Would the administration consider hiring him?  What do the money people that are currently being discussed on here think of Gus?  Do they like him?  Does time heal most of the wounds? 

If Gus went like 11-2(remember he was on hot seat entering season),  would he still consider coming to Arkansas and would that be attractive to our administration and perhaps make them forget the past?  Would the fans forget the past due to his success this season?

Lastly, Gus's system relies heavily on having a good QB.  How do you think Cole Kelley would fit into that system? 

I'll hang up and listen.

Granny fan

Please just stop with Gus!!  Please!

hogmolar

Yes it makes perfect business sense to make a move to a school that has more of a challenge to recruit to try and beat the same teams that you year in and year out are having trouble beating with a program that gets better players.  I think you might be on to something here.     

jst01

Quote from: hogmolar on October 11, 2017, 02:41:25 pm
Yes it makes perfect business sense to make a move to a school that has more of a challenge to recruit to try and beat the same teams that you year in and year out are having trouble beating with a program that gets better players.  I think you might be on to something here.     

This. Take Auburns record while he has been there and subtract 2-3 wins each year. That would be what he could achieve at AR.

IMABIELEMA

Quote from: hogmolar on October 11, 2017, 02:41:25 pm

DoctorSusscrofa

I like the depth of this new thread and the way it analyzes new, groundbreaking issues and information. Congratulations. Not many threads do that in such a thought provoking way.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

hogsgolfpro

Quote from: jst01 on October 11, 2017, 02:46:19 pm
This. Take Auburns record while he has been there and subtract 2-3 wins each year. That would be what he could achieve at AR.
True but Arkansas doesn't expect 10 win seasons every year and SEC titles every 3-5 like Auburn...so expectations aren't AS high so I think it's a push and comes down to where he would rather be.

jmark

1. yes, i think so

2. probably not, don't know why but they should

3. winning, solves most and would be better than we have
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

Grag T

What time is the game Saturday anyway?  And what channel?
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

3Scoreand10

swineology

longpig

I wouldn't want Gus here unless he was rid of Kristi.  Divorced, sold into slavery, pushed off a cliff, whatever.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Drop the Mike

jimmiewkersh

October 11, 2017, 04:30:39 pm #13 Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 05:31:00 pm by jimmiewkersh
NM

HotlantaHog

Gus:
1. Won a national championship at Auburn (he was the main factor in the coaching staff lead by Cheesehead, who failed when Gus left).
2. Was the big source of Arkansas's success the year he was at Arkansas as offensive coordinator, turning around an offense and making it the most exciting and successful in the SEC.
3. Has Arkansas roots and can recruit the state. Well respected by high schools everywhere as the ``high school'' coach made good.
4. Faces some barriers at Auburn -- overshadowed by Alabama -- but has done reasonably well there.
5. Great developer of talent.

Not saying he is THE guy, but we could do a lot worse. And we have done a lot worse.

Boarmonger

And there are cheating allegations being investigated at the FB program in Auburn.   If he's at Auburn, he's tainted.  No thanks.

WilsonHog

An investigation has been launched into academic fraud within the Auburn football program.

hogblitz

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 11, 2017, 05:11:56 pm
An investigation has been launched into academic fraud within the Auburn football program.
Did not know that. We definitely need to steer clear of anyone associated with that.

ricepig

Shocked I tell you, absolutely shocked....

Rayzback

I shouldn't have clicked!!!! I feel the need to mark this thread as unread, possibly clear browser history.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

RebelliousHog

Quote from: hogblitz on October 11, 2017, 02:21:17 pm
I know that there is a GUS thread but I would like to go a little more in depth.  I am not saying that I think he should or should not be hired.  That's not the purpose of this post.   Quite frankly, I have always thought he could never be the head hog due to past history.  However, I do have questions that I would be interested in what people think. 

Would Gus entertain the idea of coming back?  Is this his dream job?

Would the administration consider hiring him?  What do the money people that are currently being discussed on here think of Gus?  Do they like him?  Does time heal most of the wounds? 

If Gus went like 11-2(remember he was on hot seat entering season),  would he still consider coming to Arkansas and would that be attractive to our administration and perhaps make them forget the past?  Would the fans forget the past due to his success this season?

Lastly, Gus's system relies heavily on having a good QB.  How do you think Cole Kelley would fit into that system? 

I'll hang up and listen.

If you don't think he should be hired, why did you start the damn thread?
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Gus Malzahn finally gave the Hog fans a reason to have hope in 2006.  +1  Gus left and kept his mouth shut about Arkansas, Nutt.  +1  Gus won and set records everywhere he went starting with Arkansas as the OC, on to Tulsa as the OC. on to Auburn as the OC, on the ASU as the HC where he took the youngest squad in the conference and won the conference championship in his first year as HC there. +1  Gus went back to Auburn as the HC and played for the NC his first year. +1  Gus is  now in his 5th season as the HC at Aubbie and has had trouble there because mostly he didn't have a QB that could operate his system and that, to me, shows a weakness -1  Gus is one of the better HCs in college football and BB couldn't carry his jock strap.  His current team is ranked and has one loss, to last years NC.  The horseshit about how he could never return to Arkansas because of------------------------------------------no one seems to give a factual reason is just horseshit.  He would make us a decent team but I agree he couldn't carry us as far as he has carried and will carry Auburn.  But it is very unlikely that anyone could.

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

IMABIELEMA

LoL ,  you this is a secondary violation at best.  Did you even read the article?  The whistle blower story keeps changing.  Nothing will/should happen in this scenario unless the internal investigation that's been ongoing pops up something more major.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Boarmonger on October 11, 2017, 04:55:42 pm

And there are cheating allegations being investigated at the FB program in Auburn.   If he's at Auburn, he's tainted.  No thanks.

Cam & Cecil Newton say... that Auburn is as clean as the driven snow. Fraud & cheating just don't happen down there.   ;)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.