Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Change is in the air...

Started by Porkatarian, October 11, 2017, 10:37:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

thebignasty

Quote from: factchecker on October 12, 2017, 01:59:04 pm
Wasn't long ago that we had some fans telling us that if Ole Miss can recruit that good then we should.  They were shutting down everybody's claims about the Rebels cheating.  They said the reason Ole Miss was recruiting better was because Hugh was a hard worker and damn good recruiter.  They even mentioned these videos as being a big reason the rebs were recruiting better:

lol I remember the stupid videos thread.

Videos and hookers, I guess,  is all it was.

elksnort

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 12, 2017, 11:11:01 am
Do you really think recruiting is going to be any better by having a lame duck coach. We have to show that we are willing to try to win.
Exactly. Thank you.

This is a naive question, I suppose. Do other fan bases have the excuses that ours does?

elksnort

Quote from: 311Hog on October 12, 2017, 12:03:44 pm
again yall like to throw around the "empty seats line" i was there when we lost to Citadel, and while it wasn't a sell out people are going to go to the games.  This is just a fact.

btw Petrino isn't coming back here, and even if he did we still aren't beating Bama.
I was at many games in Little Rock in the early 90's and the attendance was terrible. And Little Rock packed them in before this.

Been10Hog

Quote from: hoglady on October 12, 2017, 01:44:45 pm
It's really shocking how much he's improved the play at Purdue in under a year - I think he was hired in January 2017.
He may be good but he's beaten Ohio, not Ohio State, Minnesota and Missouri while losing to Louisville and Michigan

311Hog

Quote from: Been10Hog on October 12, 2017, 02:48:04 pm
He may be good but he's beaten Ohio, not Ohio State, Minnesota and Missouri while losing to Louisville and Michigan

you mean that type of production isn't worth 20 to 50 million dollars?  /mindblown

moses_007

One Big 10 coaching experiment was enough.  No more, please!

King Kong

Quote from: moses_007 on October 12, 2017, 02:52:30 pm

I wish LSU had said this before they hired Saben

elksnort

I don't think that the conference has anything to do with it.

I would take James Franklin, Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh, Jeff Braum, Mark D'antonio in a minute.

311Hog

Quote from: elksnort on October 12, 2017, 02:56:31 pm
I don't think that the conference has anything to do with it.

I would take James Franklin, Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh, Jeff Braum, Mark D'antonio in a minute.

one of these guys is not like the others.

elksnort

Quote from: 311Hog on October 12, 2017, 03:04:16 pm
one of these guys is not like the others.
They are all good coaches and from the Big 10. It was a response to another post about, "no more big 10 coaches".

311Hog

Quote from: elksnort on October 12, 2017, 03:12:59 pm
They are all good coaches and from the Big 10. It was a response to another post about, "no more big 10 coaches".

yeah i saw the chain just saying you listed BCS game at least winning coaches none of which there is even a 1% chance leave their current jobs to come here, and then there is Brohm a 1 year HC from Purdue.

He isn't in the same class as the others you listed.

elksnort

Quote from: 311Hog on October 12, 2017, 03:15:05 pm
yeah i saw the chain just saying you listed BCS game at least winning coaches none of which there is even a 1% chance leave their current jobs to come here, and then there is Brohm a 1 year HC from Purdue.

He isn't in the same class as the others you listed.
Well, not yet anyway...

Quote from: Porkatarian on October 12, 2017, 07:04:45 am

OK smart@ss, I'm saying that Beilema won't be our coach next season.  Is that vague enough for you?

Porkatarian out...
Dilly dilly.

Tusks

It would be awesome if JL would head to NE after the Auburn game.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: thebignasty on October 12, 2017, 02:10:48 pm
lol I remember the stupid videos thread.

Videos and hookers, I guess,  is all it was.

I do like that video series though, I wish we did something like that.  Not sure that it helps recruiting, but it can't hurt.

Tusks

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on October 13, 2017, 04:43:50 pm
I do like that video series though, I wish we did something like that.  Not sure that it helps recruiting, but it can't hurt.

Something to help recruiting in Texas.  No reason Okie Lite should ever ever ever recruit TX better than the Hogs.

hogblitz

Pork.  You still feel this way?  Some are concerned there will be no change.

HBTHogs

He's in the Big 10 now, but he learned under Petrino.  Brohm is my number 1 "realistic" option.  Chip Kelly number one on my wish list.

swineology

Quote from: hawgon on October 11, 2017, 10:54:53 am
My thoughts are that both Bert and Long will be gone by the end of next year.  Bert will be fired or resign and Long will move on after having his wings clipped.

I don't buy this theory. Long will not leave with the NEZ unfinished.

Swineology out

hogsanity

Quote from: tusked on October 13, 2017, 05:36:48 pm
Something to help recruiting in Texas.  No reason Okie Lite should ever ever ever recruit TX better than the Hogs.

Except they play in a league with with 4 Texas teams, and have done so for closing in on 30 years. To todays recruits Okie St has a much more visable and known tradition than do the Hogs.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Quote from: hogsanity on October 19, 2017, 10:09:13 am
Except they play in a league with with 4 Texas teams, and have done so for closing in on 30 years. To todays recruits Okie St has a much more visable and known tradition than do the Hogs.
That's true.

I'm reminded of our basketball recruits who say they never knew Scotty Thurman made the NCAA tournament game winning shot. Things that happened in the 90s are irrelevant to today's players, and things that happened prior to 2010 are largely unknown.

tomw

everyone is wanting beilema gone after 5 years, most wanting him gone after 3 years...but are willing to give Anderson untold years to get things done... double standard??

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: swineology on October 19, 2017, 10:07:50 am
I don't buy this theory. Long will not leave with the NEZ unfinished.

Swineology out

So he's the construction forman too! 

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: tomw on October 19, 2017, 10:48:42 am
everyone is wanting beilema gone after 5 years, most wanting him gone after 3 years...but are willing to give Anderson untold years to get things done... double standard??

I don't think football and basketball have much to do with each other.  The diehards are a different group of people but everyone knows football is by far the most important.

LJHOG

BREAKING NEWS!!!
                                                              Hogs to moving to the Sun Belt

Change you can believe in   

hogcard1964

Quote from: LJHOG on October 19, 2017, 10:55:40 am
                                                                       BREAKING NEWS!!!

No thanks. Bret would be La Monroe's whipping boy.

31to6

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on October 13, 2017, 04:43:50 pm
In today's media environment, it's not just about quality of advertising, but also cadence, timeliness and relevance. You have to keep catching those teen eyeballs and redirecting them to your brand.

You can't just cut a cool hype video and wait for the recruits to roll in. You need to get positive press out there in the traditional methods (coaches on ESPN, national sports radio, etc) but also into all other channels.

Short, cool, crisp, ubiquitous.

CBB embracing Twitter and feeling authentic there is actually an example but far from fully adequate. And it all has to be part of a plan.

hobhog

10 days later........nothings changed.

texas tush hog

Quote from: tomw on October 19, 2017, 10:48:42 am

Everybody knew CMA was a great coach, Bielema not even a mediocre coach. He was Alvarez's choir boy.

PonderinHog

tomw

cma is not a great coach..never has been never will be

Ironhawg

Quote from: LJHOG on October 19, 2017, 10:55:40 am
                                                                       BREAKING NEWS!!!

If this happened, I'm thinking we could shrink seating in the stadium to about 50K and probably won't need the all the luxury boxes in the new NEZ.

East Clintwood

Quote from: hobhog on October 19, 2017, 11:22:02 am

Nor will it, at least till the end of the season.

I actually doubt anything of substance happens then, other than a few more assistants get tired of this mess and leave on their own.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

snoblind

Quote from: hobhog on October 19, 2017, 11:22:02 am

Why would you expect it to?  One of the blasts from the past who started a recent thread...  The time from his original post on Nutt leaving until Nutt was fired was something like 13-15 months.

Tusks

BB won't be fired until after the season ends.  But fired he will be.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: tusked on October 19, 2017, 04:18:50 pm
BB won't be fired until after the season ends.  But fired he will be.
I wouldn't make a huge bet on it. (It sickens me to post that)

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 19, 2017, 04:24:46 pm
I wouldn't make a huge bet on it. (It sickens me to post that)

Nah.

Joe Steinmetz will pull a John White and take the hiring authority away from Jeff Long and hire a 5-6 FCS coach.

Book it.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

grayhawg

I think that change is in the air in Knoxville and Oxford for sure, and only probable here if we win 4 games or less.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on October 19, 2017, 04:32:53 pm
Nah.

Joe Steinmetz will pull a John White and take the hiring authority away from Jeff Long and hire a 5-6 FCS coach.

Book it.

Not what I hear. Its done.

One interesting thing could happen and that is that Jeff Long don't sign the contract in front of him which could mean he is serious about leaving this place. Probably not much of a possibility but hey its bout all we got.

WoooPigBrewie

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on October 19, 2017, 04:44:50 pm
Which portion?
8)
Long stays for sure n Bielema is his guy atleast thru 2018.

jkstock04

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 19, 2017, 04:42:40 pm
Not what I hear. Its done.

One interesting thing could happen and that is that Jeff Long don't sign the contract in front of him which could mean he is serious about leaving this place. Probably not much of a possibility but hey its bout all we got.
I've heard the same. As of yesterday per what I was told...I'm 99% convinced we can win 3 games this year and Bielema is still here in 2018. Fun times.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 19, 2017, 04:47:48 pm
Long stays for sure n Bielema is his guy atleast thru 2018.
Nah. What I heard was that the Chancellor wants to make the hire, just like John White.

Hearing Chattanooga Mocs HC - Tom Arth is the guy

8)
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Hogs-n-Roses

The folks that my info comes from don't spend lots of time with this sorta thing. I don't pry very often. Once in a while they know I'd be wondering bout this kinda situation and they'll tell me what they know. Last week it was one thing and now its been shut down.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Good Lord if you want Bielema gone and think he should be fired this year.  Just wait.  If he's as bad as you think he is, season isn't going to get much better.  Things only died down because  the Bama game wasn't a total S show and by that it was basically as expected probably since the beginning of the season, no better, no worse.  This little light of mine was Cole Kelley and he didn't get decapitated.

Things change week to week and we have 1/2 a season left.  Look who has moved on (Ed O) then off the hot seat.  Gus started somewhat on, then moved off, now is back on.  Sumlin's has cooled but all that could changed by the end of the season. 

The talk was probably settled down because there was no way in H they were making a change mid season so some PTB that were grousing were probably told to let the season play out, but if you are on the side of change by the end of 2017 don't let that deter you, just wait.  But waiting does not mean change your mind it or get discouraged because there isn't a presser at 4 after the Auburn game.  It means wait until November 24.

A Bama loss outside of  60+ hammering was not going to cause fervor.  An Auburn loss to the guy some may have preferred over Bret will start it back up, especially since that would make his record against AU 1-5.  Although Auburn has a bad second half against LSU they looked very strong for the most part before that.  LSU is getting better now that Ed O has been told to stick to being a cheerleader.  MSU got back on track, OM get a conference win and can put up some yards, and is playing hard for Matt Luke.  Missouri is the should win game but hell we were playing much better last year and still managed to choke that one away. 

Again if you are in the Bert must go camp that is no need to despair.  His results, his coaching, his chances from here forward, his less than expected buyout all point in your favor.  The thing to do is keep bringing the heat.  Don't let anyone think you have settled or are fine with 3.5 GPAs and 3.5 wins per year.  If you want it to happen have to bring the heat every week.  Can't take an off week like Bert does from time to time.  So go out there make your vision board.  Put a picture of Bert in a Uhaul on it and then a picture of the new stadium rendering with whoever your top choice is for coach.  Look at it hard every damn day and it will happen.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Tusks

If BB wins out then sure, he'll stay if he wants.  How many on this board think he's capable of winning out.  No way in hell.

He'll finish 4-8 or 5-7 and be shown the door.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 19, 2017, 05:19:40 pm
Can't take an off week like Bert does from time to time.  So go out there make your vision board.  Put a picture of Bert in a Uhaul on it and then a picture of the new stadium rendering with whoever your top choice is for coach.  Look at it hard every damn day and it will happen.
Patience ???

hogblitz

East Clintwood

We don't have an opening and won't until after next season.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Pig in the Pokey

Lol, ok Buddy. Now go and take your meds.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang