Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Change is in the air...

Started by Porkatarian, October 11, 2017, 10:37:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 11, 2017, 11:28:31 am
That's ridiculous, our program operated well under Coach Broyles, Coach Mathews, Terry Don, Chuck Dicus, and Harold Horton GOBN's all. Wish Harold, Don, and Timmy were still around.

Nutt era worked well? 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: snoblind on October 11, 2017, 11:24:09 am
Where do you think the $ comes from for moving these 2 out?  And North end zone upgrades, practice facilities, boxes, etc.?

I'm going to bet those that Long removed power from aren't the ones he's getting to pay for these upgrades.

code red

Quote from: tusked on October 11, 2017, 10:41:15 am

please please please include punting jeff long.
Either that or hire a search party.  Jeff Long needs a coach.  He seems to prefer facilitators.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hogcard1964

Quote from: Porkatarian on October 11, 2017, 10:51:04 am
Season's end

Porkatarian out...

Hope you're right, but I don't think this is anything that's not already known.

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Agent S

texas tush hog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 11, 2017, 11:29:32 am
Nutt era worked well? 

Nutt was a disaster, but Coach Broyles, Lou Holtz, and Kenny were not all that bad. If Danny Ford could have stayed another year we would have been far better than turning his national championship constructed team over to Nutt.

texas tush hog

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 11, 2017, 11:46:04 am

Nutt was a disaster, but Coach Broyles, Lou Holtz, and Kenny were not all that bad. If Danny Ford could have stayed another year we would have been far better than turning his national championship constructed team over to Nutt.

Danny told me himself he would have liked to coach that talent one more year. Coach Broyles let his relationship with Nutt's father affect his decision making process and he made a terrible choice.

TX HOG

I love the cryptic post season.

For real, i do...!

DLUXHOG

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 11, 2017, 11:46:04 am

check your stats.... they were awesome, especially Holtz who had us sniffing at the NC in 1977-1978...........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

007 License To Squeal

Go Jeff Go!!
Go Bret Go!!

Far away
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

texas tush hog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on October 11, 2017, 11:47:32 am
check your stats.... they were awesome, especially Holtz who had us sniffing at the NC in 1977-1978...........

My point exactly, if not for Steve Atwater dropping a sure interception at number 1 Miami in 1988 we would have been undefeated and probably playing for the national title that year. I do not understand this constant bashing of the GOBN. We got rid of the which brought us Jeffie.

ur

North Endzone will be a JFB shrine after Gene and Charlotte finish with it.

texas tush hog

Quote from: ur on October 11, 2017, 11:57:19 am

As well it should be.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 11, 2017, 11:55:22 am
My point exactly, if not for Steve Atwater dropping a sure interception at number 1 Miami in 1988 we would have been undefeated and probably playing for the national title that year.

we should still claim it as no one, not even the "selected" NC, was undefeated., and if we would or could have played them, we would have beaten them by at least two scores.............
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 11, 2017, 11:55:22 am
My point exactly, if not for Steve Atwater dropping a sure interception at number 1 Miami in 1988 we would have been undefeated and probably playing for the national title that year. I do not understand this constant bashing of the GOBN. We got rid of the which brought us Jeffie.

Because it wasn't about what happened in the 80s.  It was the Harrod saga and the Nutt era. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ShadowHawg

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 11, 2017, 11:28:31 am
That's ridiculous, our program operated well under Coach Broyles, Coach Mathews, Terry Don, Chuck Dicus, and Harold Horton GOBN's all. Wish Harold, Don, and Timmy were still around. Timmy might be a good choice for our next head coach being, as Gus is no longer an option.

I guess you were in a coma for Crowe, Kines, Ford, the Bizaro Nutt error, and the systematic harassment of Nolan, the hiring of Heath, the one day tenure of Dana Altman, and the hiring of Pelphrey, the firing of Gary Blair because he was a man?

That's your idea of operating well?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on October 11, 2017, 12:16:00 pm
I guess you were in a coma for Crowe, Kines, Ford, the Bizaro Nutt error, and the systematic harassment of Nolan, the hiring of Heath, the one day tenure of Dana Altman, and the hiring of Pelphrey, the firing of Gary Blair because he was a man?

I wasn't even going to mention the basketball mismanagement. 

Wild Bill Hog

hogcard1964

Richardson was a racist that was begging to be fired.  He ended up being an embarrassment.

Regardless, we had success then.  We don't now.

Knot2brite

Two maybe three assistants changed and they can say they gave him a chance and they saved $11-15 million...probably not the change the masses are clamoring for but it will be change...these are all guesses so don't think I have inside sources...just thinking like money people here
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 11, 2017, 12:28:12 pm
Actually better than the Beliema era.

Not from an admin standpoint which is this conversation.

AlmaHog2011

John White ran Blair off..That is a fact.

Sivad

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 11, 2017, 11:46:52 am
Danny told me himself he would have liked to coach that talent one more year. Coach Broyles let his relationship with Nutt's father affect his decision making process and he made a terrible choice.
Half right.
Yes, he should have let Danny Ford have another year.
But, no, Houston Nutt was NOT Coach Broyles's choice.

ricepig

Quote from: ur on October 11, 2017, 11:57:19 am
They can do some fixin up for sure.....

elksnort

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 11, 2017, 11:04:09 am
I'm good with change. I just hope it isn't the return of the GOBN. If Long has done anything right it's strangling those folks power away from them and ensuring they can't get it back.
GOBN is actually how our entire nation operates anyway. Just hope to get the right GOB.

Porkatarian is fun. He is like our war time consigniere (sp). Hell, it's Italian, you know.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 11, 2017, 11:59:57 am
Because it wasn't about what happened in the 80s.  It was the Harrod saga and the Nutt era. 

Well then you had better include John White and his committee.

Wild Bill Hog

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hawg414

Quote from: The NewEra on October 11, 2017, 11:11:51 am
Isn't it ironic that if the GOBN is back in play that it will have been Jeff Long that created the environment to make it happen?  Talk about Irony.

p.s.  I sure hope this doesn't mean we will continue to play in a dump in Little Rock each year with 30-40,000 people in attendance, 100,000 drunks on the golf course and a beautifully redesigned stadium sitting empty in Fayetteville.

we probably wont, just bc times are changing.

but keep in mind.  it only became 30-40k crowds once we had an AD who strategically made sure that would be the case and a coach who bitched about it from day 1... then put a team on the field who played like he had just woken them up from a nap.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 11, 2017, 12:30:06 pm
Richardson was a racist that was begging to be fired.  He ended up being an embarrassment.

Regardless, we had success then.  We don't now.
He's way less racist than you are. And way less of an embarrassment. luckiky we don't care much about bama fans.

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 11, 2017, 11:29:32 am
Nutt era worked well?

Don't blame these guys for Nutt.  They had Butch Davis ready in the wings who was willing to give complete control of the offense over to Gus.  Nutt accepted the terms for saving his job in 06, then threw everyone under the bus after we beat Auburn. 

hoghearted

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on October 11, 2017, 01:12:31 pm
Don't blame these guys for Nutt.  They had Butch Davis ready in the wings who was willing to give complete control of the offense over to Gus.  Nutt accepted the terms for saving his job in 06, then threw everyone under the bus after we beat Auburn. 

One can only wonder what might have been with such a scenario......
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

HawgPound

No offense but I will believe it when I see it. It was obvious after Petrino that the leaks do not come easy these days. A lot of educated guess but I wouldn't get my hopes up based on a vague message board post.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

hogcam

Are we talking Jeff Long or Bret Bielema? I don't think Jeff Long will fire Bielema especially because of the buyout. Too much of a business man.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: hogcam on October 11, 2017, 01:55:18 pm
Are we talking Jeff Long or Bret Bielema? I don't think Jeff Long will fire Bielema especially because of the buyout. Too much of a business man.

Neither. We're talking weather. Kind of a chilly day in NWA.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

WilsonHog

We allowed the outlier in our football history - HDN's behavior - to scrub virtually every Arkansan from the Broyles Complex. Having a history within our program suddenly labeled you as part of the "Good ol' Boy Network."

That sound like a reasonable reaction to have had?

hoghearted

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 11, 2017, 02:01:05 pm
We allowed the outlier in our football history - HDN's behavior - to scrub virtually every Arkansan from the Broyles Complex. Having a history within our program suddenly labeled you as part of the "Good ol' Boy Network."

Like being a former Hog player or graduate is somehow now a bad thing......
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

hawgon

I said awhile back that we are still a broken fanbase from all the HDN stuff.  Petrino's winning could have fixed it, but that went down the road, literally. 

311Hog

i dunno who is in the BAC but you see lots of former players/graduates on the sidelines.

GuvHog

Crow, Kines, and Ford were Frank's hires (I still believe Kines got a dirty deal and should have gotten more time).

John White was respo0nsible for:

1. Nutt's hiring
2. Nolan's termination
3, Running Gary Blair off
4. Dana Altman's quick exit
5. Hiring Pelphrey.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hoghearted on October 11, 2017, 02:02:39 pm
Like being a former Hog player or graduate is somehow now a bad thing......

If it enabled what happened with Nutt and kept Frank as AD long past when he should have retired.

Vantage 8 dude

Well we can only hope any changes are actually positive for once.

ur

Quote from: GuvHog on October 11, 2017, 02:11:00 pm
Crow, Kines, and Ford were Frank's hires (I still believe Kines got a dirty deal and should have gotten more time).

John White was respo0nsible for:

1. Nutt's hiring
2. Nolan's termination
3, Running Gary Blair off
4. Dana Altman's quick exit
5. Hiring Pelphrey.
6. Stan Heath
7. no Bill Self

Great point and post.

Mulberry Squeezins

A few great men went all in with Nutt, just to end up being stabbed in the back. Some great reputations ruined due to the ego of one man.

moses_007

This is the most vague post ever on this board.