Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What’s the chance B.B. isn’t fired.........

Started by Tweeter, October 10, 2017, 04:54:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on October 10, 2017, 05:28:48 pm
At this time there are no signs from the people who could make it happen that Bielema will be fired. That can always change depending on what takes place over the next several weeks but there is no indication right now that he'll be gone.

Im wondering if 2 weeks from now after Ark has given up maybe 110 pts over 2 games and scored maybe 20 if those people might start to "mobilize" and start the ball rolling to get things changed.

Personally, I think its just too much money for the Razorback Foundation and its supporters to part with. Not saying they dont have it or have access to it.  However,  to buy out BB, possibly have to buyout the new coach from the school where he coaches presently and then have to come up with a package that entices said coach to move his family to Fayetteville would be a nice chunk of change.  I mean no doubt Jerry Jones,  JB Hunt, the Tysons can come up with the money--no doubt, but WOULD they?  Im just not close enough to the situation to know if they actually would and from what I have read on this board, it doesnt appear that the Waltons (who could find that kind of scratch in their seat cushions in their couches) care who coaches football and dont donate big sums of $$$ for athletics. 

ballz2thewall

is he coaching the hogs as head coach in the 2018 regular season?

how or why doesn't matter. is he is, or is he isn't?

i say "isn't".

what do you say?
The rest of the frog.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on October 10, 2017, 08:27:14 pm
Im wondering if 2 weeks from now after Ark has given up maybe 110 pts over 2 games and scored maybe 20 if those people might start to "mobilize" and start the ball rolling to get things changed.

the bot meets in about 3 weeks.
The rest of the frog.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 10, 2017, 08:31:46 pm
smart money says, never bet on the hogs..

dammmit man; i didn't expect anyone to actually make good sense!
The rest of the frog.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 10, 2017, 08:32:32 pm
the bot meets in about 3 weeks.

well, might be an interesting meeting then.  LOL  Probably have a lot to talk about.

onebadrubi

(notOM)Rebel123

At this time there are no signs from the people who could make it happen that Bielema will be fired. That can always change depending on what takes place over the next several weeks but there is no indication right now that he'll be gone.

Really smart people don't panic and show their hand too soon.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

PonderinHog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 10, 2017, 08:35:27 pm
Really smart people don't panic and show their hand too soon.
Do you think bookend 0-8 conference records in years one and five would do it?  I think six wins might save his job, but I think he'll come up short.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 10, 2017, 09:01:00 pm
Do you think bookend 0-8 conference records in years one and five would do it?  I think six wins might save his job, but I think he'll come up short.

I'm not sure there are 6 wins out there.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

hogpc

My guess is that something will change...BB will not survive after this season, if he makes it thru the end of the season. I think something will be negotiated and he will be bought out for less than the $15 million.

The Boar War

Personally, I think its just too much money for the Razorback Foundation and its supporters to part with. Not saying they dont have it or have access to it.  However,  to buy out BB, possibly have to buyout the new coach from the school where he coaches presently and then have to come up with a package that entices said coach to move his family to Fayetteville would be a nice chunk of change.  I mean no doubt Jerry Jones,  JB Hunt, the Tysons can come up with the money--no doubt, but WOULD they?  Im just not close enough to the situation to know if they actually would and from what I have read on this board, it doesnt appear that the Waltons (who could find that kind of scratch in their seat cushions in their couches) care who coaches football and dont donate big sums of $$$ for athletics. 

Probably depends on who the AD is at that point.  If it's Long probably not.  If the big money folks were able to get their guy in who knows.

grayhawg

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 10, 2017, 09:22:18 pm
I'm not sure there are 6 wins out there.
It would be tough to get there Bama and Auburn are almost sure losses and if that happens we have to win 4 of the last 5 games

kp72204

I believe it's too much money for us to part with. I believe we can't coach them up. Maybe JJ will give us a good oline recommendation.

wachhog

Quote from: davehog on October 10, 2017, 05:03:07 pm
My opinion is that it's less than 50% that he's fired.  That is due to the buyout and that alone.

But, I think there will be some sacrificial offerings thrown out to appease the masses.  Get rid of a couple of coaches and make them the scapegoat. 

I really don't understand why a certain coach has not already been tossed to the wolves.
It is obvious to me that Bret can no longer get quality coaches  to work for him;  the last few hires had really, really thin resumes. And it would be even more difficult now, with all the analysts having given up on him, at Arkansas at least. I certainly hope no one buys that stalling tactic.

Farmer Hogget

There is a 100% chance he will NOT be fired. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: tusked on October 10, 2017, 06:44:41 pm
You won't be able to come back from 2-5, he's gone.

I'm really curious to see what Gus does.  I mean he can be the dagger in the coffin.

I wonder if Gus is gonna jump on the first boat out of Auburn, and could that job ever be Arkansas?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Tusks

I just wonder if Gus hanging 60 on the Hogs at RRS will be his final game.  Fans know the Hogs are going to lose the next 2 games but if both by a total of 100 points, the actual experience of it happening may put the whole state over the edge.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on October 10, 2017, 10:27:45 pm
I wonder if Gus is gonna jump on the first boat out of Auburn, and could that job ever be Arkansas?

Not a chance. He will never, ever be head coach at Arkansas.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 10, 2017, 09:01:00 pm
I think he has to get to 6 and win the bowl.  If he does that I think they would roll the dice for one more season which allows them to get closer to a manageable buyout number.

HogPharmer

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on October 10, 2017, 11:42:30 pm
I think he has to get to 6 and win the bowl.  If he does that I think they would roll the dice for one more season which allows them to get closer to a manageable buyout number.

Hell if he not only got to a bowl but WON it (no matter how craptastic of a bowl it was), I bet he'd get a friggin raise by JL... Look at how poor we truly were when he got his current contract extension. 2-6 in SEC play and beat a TERRIBLE Texas team in the bowl. TWO AND SIX!
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

texas tush hog

Thanks Mike, well said.

texas tush hog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 10, 2017, 10:53:14 pm
Not a chance. He will never, ever be head coach at Arkansas.

True, that ship has sailed.

smb

Quote from: Al Boarland on October 10, 2017, 05:43:39 pm
I truly believe this hire has put the program back more than a decade. This was the time to move the program up in the pecking order. There was an opportunity to beat teams that were down. Now recruiting will tank from an already uncompetitive level and the roster will be weak for years to come.

I don't know what coach, that would realistically take over the program, could turn that around. Sure, we could improve the coaching. That wouldn't take much.  However, the talent desperatity between the haves and have nots has never been greater. That's why you are seeing such lopsided scores in the SEC.
This is a good quote.
GeorgiaHOG

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on October 10, 2017, 08:34:33 pm
well, might be an interesting meeting then.  LOL  Probably have a lot to talk about.

I'm sure they do...........things like running several campuses, academics, budgets and if they get time maybe athletics.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Jimbob111

Quote from: pigasaurus on October 10, 2017, 05:03:47 pm
He hasn't fired any asst coaches, he hasn't benched his starting QB and they owe him $15,000,000 dollars. I just don't see the ptb at a tipping point yet. Couple more brutal losses plus losing to couple bad teams may change things.

Bret's too prideful to accept blame and won't fire anyone. I think he'll negotiate a buyout because he wants out of Arkansas as much as we want him gone. He knows what time it is. He knows everyone is on to him. Like Nutt at the end, he'll negotiate just to save face and pretend he wasn't going to be fired for incompetence.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Inhogswetrust

October 11, 2017, 06:58:16 am #76 Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:27:00 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Jimbob111 on October 11, 2017, 06:35:12 am
Bret's too prideful to accept blame and won't fire anyone. I think he'll negotiate a buyout because he wants out of Arkansas as much as we want him gone. He knows what time it is. He knows everyone is on to him. Like Nutt at the end, he'll negotiate just to save face and pretend he wasn't going to be fired for incompetence.

What part of the has NO motivation or reason to negotiate any buyout do some of you not understand. He already has done that and it's in HIS favor. He might as well say "Pay me my money". Come to think of it we've heard that before somewhere.............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PonderinHog

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: HogPharmer on October 10, 2017, 11:48:43 pm
Hell if he not only got to a bowl but WON it (no matter how craptastic of a bowl it was), I bet he'd get a friggin raise by JL... Look at how poor we truly were when he got his current contract extension. 2-6 in SEC play and beat a TERRIBLE Texas team in the bowl. TWO AND SIX!
Yes but that was after 2 overall losing seasons and we played hard that year. Everyone was ranked in the top 25.  Was on the edge of my seat every game.  Almost beat bama in the rain, blanked lsu and ole miss.  But still laid an egg at Missouri.  Just too many close ones that got away. 

hogcard1964

That doesn't cover up the fact that you still have to get this guy out of here as soon as possible.  It's a bad buyout by Long but you still have to deal with it.  Whatever little recruiting we had going is going to dry up.  Fire him, appoint an intern from within, and not some senile old man and try to right the ship over a few years.  This guy has literally set the program back 10 years.

BallHog1

Quote from: wachhog on October 10, 2017, 09:50:26 pm
It is obvious to me that Bret can no longer get quality coaches  to work for him;  the last few hires had really, really thin resumes. And it would be even more difficult now, with all the analysts having given up on him, at Arkansas at least. I certainly hope no one buys that stalling tactic.
I know Kurt's was considered kind of thin but what other assistant didn't look pretty good on paper? Just asking because I don't know.

The Boar War

Quote from: BallHog1 on October 11, 2017, 08:13:04 am
I know Kurt's was considered kind of thin but what other assistant didn't look pretty good on paper? Just asking because I don't know.

Our last two defensive hires.  Both were assistants who were recently promoted quality control coaches.  Look at their college resumes.  The only true responsibility over a unit was the Texas Tech defensive line we ran over.

Uncle Remus

I have been adamant that I have been told by a big booster that it was just not possible until after next season.  I spoke with him yesterday and he said that they are definitely trying to figure out a plan of what to do if the season continues to deteriorate.  He believes that the coaching staff has lost the team at this point and doesn't know that it is something that they can recover from.  He said that the best case scenario is for him to leave to take another opportunity...preferably in the Big 10...like Iowa or Nebraska. 

The other interesting thing is that he said he feels like the pressure is really ramping up with the BOT and big money donors for Long to start looking for new employment as well.  He said that Jeff is anything but safe and that he is feeling the heat as well.  We will see how it will play out, but at this point, its going to be interesting for sure.

riccoar

So basically, nothing is rolling until the clock hits 0:00 after Missouri.  If we sit 6-6 at the conclusion of that game, I'd predict he would be at the helm come 2018.

MudBone

How many points will Alabama have to score to get him fire after the ball game.
40 Probably not
50 Getting close, but will wait until the end of season
60 Maybe after the Auburn game
70, Fired before he gets off the field

hawgtime

Quote from: Tweeter on October 10, 2017, 04:54:09 pm
This scares the crap out of me. I mean surely he's done at season end. Someone please calm my fears

i HOPE -1,000,000%   (if this is confusing, i really, really hope this happens and we can start moving in the right direction!!!!

razorsharptusk

Quote from: davehog on October 10, 2017, 05:03:07 pm
My opinion is that it's less than 50% that he's fired.  That is due to the buyout and that alone.

But, I think there will be some sacrificial offerings thrown out to appease the masses.  Get rid of a couple of coaches and make them the scapegoat. 

I really don't understand why a certain coach has not already been tossed to the wolves.

I see your point.  But it appears Coach B. isn't a homerun hitter when it comes to hiring assistants.  I don't care who he fires, it falls on his shoulders.  This is year 5 and I don't see us getting bowl eligible.   This is HIS players.  This is HIS assistants. It's time to go.
GO HOGS!!

The Boar War

I believe you.  Just for discussion's sake what would such an indication look like with seven games left in the season?

Dominicanhog

5 wins and it's a sure thing..... 4 is 40/60 no...

JaketheSnake

Quote from: WoePigSooie on October 10, 2017, 07:37:22 pm
Mike, do you honestly think Bielema is doing a good job here?   Do you really think he has the TEAM?

Don't you think he is going to ride Austin Allen till the poor kid has a really messed up shoulder?

Do you really believe he is a good coach at this point?

Good grief...
Mike, do you enjoy punching babies?  Do you really think dog fighting is a good sport?  Did you vote for Hillary? 

Why the grilling of Mike?  He was passing along information, not stating his own opinions there.

moses_007

Quote from: East TN HAWG on October 10, 2017, 07:39:40 pm
Could CBB be reaassigned to a different position and avoid the buyout?   Most folks like him personally.   

NO.  He has a contract that says he is head football coach through 2020.

PorkSoda

Quote from: moses_007 on October 11, 2017, 03:30:56 pm
NO.  He has a contract that says he is head football coach through 2020.
he can be put on paid administrative leave.  then he can be the HC from his coach. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

AugustaHog

He's not getting fired this year, unfortunately.  We can't afford 15 mil.  The big boosters may get themselves in a lather over what's coming our way the next two weeks, but I would think that's a pretty tough number to hit regardless.  This whole debacle is going to kill recruiting and we weren't going to have a great class anyways.  I would suspect that next year is going to be hard to recruit too.  Things aren't getting better unless he pulls a miracle and closes strong (not happening) or he is fired. 

#1 STUNNA

our luck.. prolly a very slim chance it happens before 2019

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: AugustaHog on October 11, 2017, 03:54:23 pm
He's not getting fired this year, unfortunately.  We can't afford 15 mil.  The big boosters may get themselves in a lather over what's coming our way the next two weeks, but I would think that's a pretty tough number to hit regardless.  This whole debacle is going to kill recruiting and we weren't going to have a great class anyways.  I would suspect that next year is going to be hard to recruit too.  Things aren't getting better unless he pulls a miracle and closes strong (not happening) or he is fired. 

No we can afford it. Affordablity is one thing, willingness to pay it another. What makes you think that the money couldn't be there? That being said there may not want to pay that much and give it a year and save a little money. The question then becomes "does that alienate too many fans to the point it hurts overall and makes it harder to recover".

Seebs

Zero chance he is here now that the money appears much less to buy him out. He is already gone.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

rhames

Quote from: Seebs on October 12, 2017, 07:28:31 am
Zero chance he is here now that the money appears much less to buy him out. He is already gone.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

runninhog

Probably close to zero. I was told last night key people have already decided his fate and the Foundation is going to pay the bill.

Based on the past 25 plus years of hiring and firing HC for football, it is unlikely he is up for being let go.  We have a very broken system here at Arkansas that allows our sorry system to stay broken, thus we continue to hire happenstance while looking like we don't.  If he is let go, it will be at a point which would be in his best interest and not the University's.  We really need to be first in line for the the available coaches, not last.  He has done nothing for us that creates a need to hang onto him.  Anyway, if the new info about his buyout is true, it appears we pay about the same thing if he stays or goes.  Seems we either pay him for standing in the way of moving forward and continuing to screw up the program from within, or we fire him and pay him the same to get the hell away from us.