Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What’s the chance B.B. isn’t fired.........

Started by Tweeter, October 10, 2017, 04:54:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tweeter

This scares the crap out of me. I mean surely he's done at season end. Someone please calm my fears

davehog

My opinion is that it's less than 50% that he's fired.  That is due to the buyout and that alone.

But, I think there will be some sacrificial offerings thrown out to appease the masses.  Get rid of a couple of coaches and make them the scapegoat. 

I really don't understand why a certain coach has not already been tossed to the wolves.

Pigasaurus

He hasn't fired any asst coaches, he hasn't benched his starting QB and they owe him $15,000,000 dollars. I just don't see the ptb at a tipping point yet. Couple more brutal losses plus losing to couple bad teams may change things.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Dwight_K_Shrute

10% Chance he is the coach of Arkansas Razorbacks on 1/2/18.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Mike Irwin

At this time there are no signs from the people who could make it happen that Bielema will be fired. That can always change depending on what takes place over the next several weeks but there is no indication right now that he'll be gone.

Cambridge Hog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on October 10, 2017, 05:28:48 pm
At this time there are no signs from the people who could make it happen that Bielema will be fired. That can always change depending on what takes place over the next several weeks but there is no indication right now that he'll be gone.

I think we all know what is going to happen over the next couple of weeks. Don't see how that will change the trajectory of this flaming wreck.

The OTR

Yep. 

I'd say there a 76% chance he will be back next year.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Al Boarland

I truly believe this hire has put the program back more than a decade. This was the time to move the program up in the pecking order. There was an opportunity to beat teams that were down. Now recruiting will tank from an already uncompetitive level and the roster will be weak for years to come.

I don't know what coach, that would realistically take over the program, could turn that around. Sure, we could improve the coaching. That wouldn't take much.  However, the talent desperatity between the haves and have nots has never been greater. That's why you are seeing such lopsided scores in the SEC.

Poker_hog

I can't imagine he stays with a losing record.  Also can't imagine that we'd fire a coach with a winning record especially if he wins 4 out of the last 5.  5 out of the last 6 counting a toilet bowl.

I could see a scenario where we fix the o line over the next couple of weeks and Kelly gives us a spark and we beat ole miss, cc, mizzou and either MSU or LSU.  If that happen he'll be back.  Long will spin it as he's finally turned the corner, gpa, blah, blah, blah

75% chance he's fired.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Quickdraw

If he is not fired after the season there won't be much of a fan base left. Nothing against the players they can't help the situation. But this is one of the few things fans can do to put pressure on the powers that be to think about the decisions they are going to have to make.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Tweeter on October 10, 2017, 04:54:09 pm
This scares the crap out of me. I mean surely he's done at season end. Someone please calm my fears
'friad I won't be the one to calm your angst. As we know few things are certain in life. Unfortunately this is most definitely one of those occasions.

kodiakisland

This scares the crap out of me. I mean surely he’s done at season end. Someone please calm my fears

It's one thing to have a lame duck coach finish out the year, but can you imagine if they keep him so they can fire him after next year?  Recruiting is already a problem.  The team seems to have quit on him already.  What condition will the program be in a year from now if they wait.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on October 10, 2017, 05:37:08 pm
I think we all know what is going to happen over the next couple of weeks. Don't see how that will change the trajectory of this flaming wreck.

It's not the next couple of weeks that matters. They were never going to be favored to beat Bama or old barn anyway. It is the rest of the season after that.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

cj_sez

He should be fired. The program is in shambles. It will take a great coach to recruit and rebuild and it will take time, but Bielema has proven he cannot do the job. The longer they wait to fire and replace him, the more damage he can do. Long was a fool.

phadedhawg

DemiHOG

He'll be back, no doubt. Long isn't finished destroying razorback football

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Quickdraw on October 10, 2017, 05:56:10 pm
If he is not fired after the season there won't be much of a fan base left. Nothing against the players they can't help the situation. But this is one of the few things fans can do to put pressure on the powers that be to think about the decisions they are going to have to make.
Fans will still be going to games... maybe you wont, but other fans will.

Martygit

I think there's virtually no chance he's fired before the end of the year - whether or not he's fired after the first of the year depends on whether or not there are any positive things that happen between now and then - JL will be looking for anything that he can put a positive spin on between now and the end of the season to justify keeping BB - beating someone we shouldn't beat will probably qualify (which includes just about anyone) - JL doesn't want to fire BB - he's looking for an excuse not to
RIP OTR, REV

Tusks

You won't be able to come back from 2-5, he's gone.

I'm really curious to see what Gus does.  I mean he can be the dagger in the coffin.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

grayhawg

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 10, 2017, 06:36:25 pm
Fans will still be going to games... maybe you wont, but other fans will.
Worked in basketball with Jon Pelphry, in fact it may have worked too well. Now I'm not condoning a boycott but some folks are so maybe JL needs to pay attention, since his seat is not all that cool.

Man it would be a shame for that fine stadium with the luxury boxes to be like Bud Walton Arena.

hogcard1964

The possibility that talks may not have begun to renegotiate his buyout, is all the proof that one needs to fire Long before Bielema is fired.

FTR, I think there's 0% probability he's the coach here after January 1, 2018.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: grayhawg on October 10, 2017, 06:55:14 pm
Worked in basketball with Jon Pelphry, in fact it may have worked too well. Now I'm not condoning a boycott but some folks are so maybe JL needs to pay attention, since his seat is not all that cool.

Man it would be a shame for that fine stadium with the luxury boxes to be like Bud Walton Arena.

Basketball is a different animal IMO.  Maybe I'm wrong.

PossumFan

I've been as big a Bielema supporter as anyone not named Jen until recently, and I can't see him coming back next year barring some miraculous turnaround. The record is just too bad, sad to say.

grayhawg

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 10, 2017, 07:01:27 pm
Basketball is a different animal IMO.  Maybe I'm wrong.
It is but people will go watch their team get clobbered and finally say"I'm saving my money and staying home"
Happened at Miami.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/120419900

HardCore

Quote from: DemiHOG on October 10, 2017, 06:34:04 pm
He'll be back, no doubt. Long isn't finished destroying razorback football

Pitt was at least wise enough to chase his A$$ out of there before he completely destroyed theirs.  And that is also a historically successful football program.  JL must go first!
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

The absolute best for the program is to move Bret to Assistant AD and fire him in January, thus lowering the buyout from 15 million times his worth to 11 million times his worth.  AND I CAN ALREADY HEAR:  BUT WHAT WILL OTHER COACHES THING ABOUT A PROGRAM THAT WOULD DO THAT.  THEY WOULD THINK THEY SHOULDN'T TAKE A JOB AND bull THE DUMB AD INTO A DEAL BECAUSE SOMEONE ABOVE HIM HAS BALLS.

Start NOW to find his replacement.  Get the Up & Comer onsite and recruiting all that is allowed right now and save the ones currently having or dump them as necessary.  Let Enos coach out the season.  The first thing the University of Arkansas needs to do is show some balls, show football is important, indicate to all the horsecrap and gunpowder days are over and if you produce, you get great compensation, if you pull your pud, you are done.

Being a nice Guy to a Guy who hasn't done anything he came to do just sets us back 2,3 or 4 more years in recruiting.  Our next coach will likely be a young guy looking for a break.  Lets give him a break whereby success and hes one of the top 10 paid coaches in the NCAA or hes looking for a job in 3 years.  NCAA Football is a tough business and requires tough decisions.  This program needs some balls.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: grayhawg on October 10, 2017, 06:55:14 pm

It will be taken care of. I can assure you. The people in Jeff's corner, the people that depend on Jeff for access, they will, right up until the last moment, keep on with the nothing to see here...this is a process and we are on the right path...right up until the ball drops.

PRJ

If the uncoached, unprepared players can find a way to win 4 or 5 total, he may get an extension, pay raise, and stupid buyout.  I believe he is still in tight with Jeff and Jeff still carries a lot of say. If he went 4 & 2 I would still want him gone.  He is a blight on the program.

With the players we have and the current crap the SEC has to offer this season, we should have been a shoo in for 8 wins this season and 10 should not have been out of the question.  Here we are, grubbing around trying to find 6 wins. 

cosmodrum

He won't get fired and we get a circus next year.
Go away, batin'

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: HardCore on October 10, 2017, 07:08:29 pm
Pitt was at least wise enough to chase his A$$ out of there before he completely destroyed theirs.  And that is also a historically successful football program.  JL must go first!

If Judy doesn't come around to their way of thinking, that is what is gonna happen. Judy has a chance to prove if he is for Arkansas or if he is for Judy....

PRJ

ballz2thewall

Quote from: PossumFan on October 10, 2017, 07:03:09 pm
I've been as big a Bielema supporter as anyone not named Jen until recently, and I can't see him coming back next year barring some miraculous turnaround. The record is just too bad, sad to say.

The rest of the frog.

Tweeter

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 10, 2017, 07:21:05 pm
It will be taken care of. I can assure you. The people in Jeff's corner, the people that depend on Jeff for access, they will, right up until the last moment, keep on with the nothing to see here...this is a process and we are on the right path...right up until the ball drops.

PRJ
I'm trusting you!!!!

The NewEra

50/50 today in my opinion. Based on the trajectory this year with the early lack of competitive fight in the team I would say 70/30 after the Missouri game.  If he goes 6/6 or better Long will figure out a way to get him another year.

buldozer

The only way CBB is not fired is if he quits before it occurs. Who knows if it will happen at the end of this season or next... but its a done deal that he will be gone. He has sealed the deal on this last Sat.

forrest city joe

Which tells you all you need to know about what Long and his Bosses think about the football program winning.they can take it or leave it, pitiful.

PonderinHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 10, 2017, 07:21:53 pm
Yeah, it's a circus alright.  The aerial act has plummeted to the ground, the running attack is fixing to get trampled by elephants, and the kicking game is going to fall short of or totally miss the safety net.

And the master of ceremonies is fixing to run off with all the money!

WoePigSooie

Mike, do you honestly think Bielema is doing a good job here?   Do you really think he has the TEAM?

Don't you think he is going to ride Austin Allen till the poor kid has a really messed up shoulder?

Do you really believe he is a good coach at this point?

forrest city joe

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 10, 2017, 07:21:53 pm
So we waste another year,knowing it's not going to work?which sirs the program back even more years. very sad.

Redhogs

Quote from: tusked on October 10, 2017, 06:44:41 pm
You won't be able to come back from 2-5, he's gone.

I'm really curious to see what Gus does.  I mean he can be the dagger in the coffin.
He will bury it, just like last year if at all possible...he wants to send a strong message to Jeff Long.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

East TN HAWG

Quote from: 12247 on October 10, 2017, 07:14:44 pm
The absolute best for the program is to move Bret to Assistant AD and fire him

Could CBB be reaassigned to a different position and avoid the buyout?   Most folks like him personally.   

Redhogs

Quote from: WoePigSooie on October 10, 2017, 07:37:22 pm
Mike, do you honestly think Bielema is doing a good job here?   Do you really think he has the TEAM?

Don't you think he is going to ride Austin Allen till the poor kid has a really messed up shoulder?

Do you really believe he is a good coach at this point?
I don't think he said one way or the other, just reporting what he is hearing....or not hearing.

Redhogs

Quote from: East TN HAWG on October 10, 2017, 07:39:40 pm
Could CBB be reaassigned to a different position and avoid the buyout?   Most folks like him personally.
Don't like him at all after the last press conference...if you listen closely, you won't either. Anyway, you don't move the cancer to another part of the body, you totally cut it out and remove it...see my point.

Hogwild

If he wins two conference games or less, his record in the conference would be 12-28. Has any coach, at any SEC school ever gotten a six year with a 30% conference win%?

GlassofSwine

I say 80% chance he survives, if he beats Coastal Carolina, Ole Miss and Missouri. If he loses any of those games than the odds he stays drop significantly. Also, I say 100% chance he stays if he wins those 3 and picks up a win vs either LSU or Miss. State.

WoePigSooie

I think Saban won't "try" to run up the score, but his second and third teams will not be able to not score.  I am thinking Gus will leave first team in until it is really embarrassing.  Either way, we lose the next two, and then we will see.  Betting the team folds, and costal Carolina and Mizzou, maybe.  4 and 8 best, 3 and 9 very possible.  And, I would still bet we have Bielema and whomever he he decides not to fire on the sidelines next year.  Was supposed to be another rebuilding year, right loses to graduation, talented kids who just aren't uncommon enough, surely we shouldn't expect to win anything, jeez

hawgmasta

What's the magic number he needs to win to stay?

4?
5?
6?
7+?

ballz2thewall

Quote from: hawgmasta on October 10, 2017, 08:14:00 pm
What's the magic number he needs to win to stay?

4?
5?
6?
7+?

the "L" matters

but it's how that L is made that matters, perhaps moreso.
The rest of the frog.

shown006

20% chance he's fired...5% he decides he can't do it here and leaves.  Saban wants Bielema to be around as long as possible...so he won't run it up and embarrass Bielema, Saturday.
WPS!

70% he's here. I trust Mike more than others on here.