Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scale of 1-10, how confident are you vs Alabama this week?

Started by Sweet Feet, October 10, 2017, 04:21:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How confident are you in Arkansas' chances for an upset this week?

Cancel the trip. Frito Pie for all

Sweet Feet

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

LuckyGiraffe

How would you define an upset? Scoring? Holding them to under 50? The only team capable of beating Alabama this week is Alabama.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

pigz

You guys have a good time frig dancing

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

orvillesghost

PorkSoda

I'm pretty confident I will still be upset after the bama game.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HogPharmer

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 10, 2017, 05:12:31 pm
I'm pretty confident I will still be upset after the bama game.

Why? You know what's gonna happen. It's not like how we continually lose to A&M in OT.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

PorkSoda

Quote from: HogPharmer on October 10, 2017, 05:13:28 pm
Why? You know what's gonna happen. It's not like how we continually lose to A&M in OT.
I reckon this weekend will be similar to rubbernecking a horrible accident while stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for 4 hours.

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HogPharmer

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 10, 2017, 05:16:55 pm
I reckon this weekend will be similar to rubbernecking a horrible accident while stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for 4 hours.

Truth. Maybe Bama will speed the game up by taking a knee every offensive play starting midway thru the 2nd quarter and running the clock down. I'm sure they'll have already covered the spread by then.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

elksnort

If Arkansas beat Alabama this coming Saturday night (in light of the circumstances thus far this season), it would truly be oneof the biggest upsets in college football history.

Remember, in light of where each team is.

PorkSoda

Quote from: elksnort on October 10, 2017, 05:27:21 pm
If Arkansas beat Alabama this coming Saturday night (in light of the circumstances thus far this season), it would truly be oneof the biggest upsets in college football history.

Remember, in light of where each team is.
it will be a miracle if we score a point against bama and /or keep them under 50 points

davglo35

I am confident that we will see the best coach and the worst coach in all of college football in T town on Saturday. It will be the legend, the greatest possibly of all time against Curley of the three stooges.
0 chance 0 confidence

SoonerSooie

Quote from: orvillesghost on October 10, 2017, 04:53:18 pm
minus 10

My thoughts exactly. Bama can basically name the score and apparently, there is not one thing we can do about it.

Etowah

Iowa State beat Oklahoma last week.

I've got nothing else.

SultanofSwine

SemperFi

I just grabbed the last bite of that frito pie and it was goooooood!

Saban will dictate the score in this one. I will watch just because I'm a hog fan, but will be checking my emotions at the door.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

holeinthewall

If you are wanting a coaching change you hope it is not a close loss. You hope it is a beatdown like none that you have seen before.  Two years ago Miami fired Golden after Clemson beat them like 54-7 at home. The entire season until that point the AD had said nothing would happen before the end of the season.

A 65-0 beating would force something to happen.  Getting bowl eligible at this point gets him another year and a lower buyout.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Etowah on October 11, 2017, 05:49:35 am

I've got nothing else.

They'd probably beat us too........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

longtimeHogfan

I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Uncle Remus

Razor1997

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 10, 2017, 05:29:25 pm
it will be a miracle if we score a point against bama and /or keep them under 50 points

I wouldn't quite go that far.  I think we'll score, but we won't reach double digits.

We won't hold them under 50 points, but Saban will.  45-7 Tide.

Michael_E_Davis

How confident am I?  Let's put it this way:  when we lose this Saturday,  I am not even going to be remotely upset. That is how confident I am we will lose.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

FineAsSwine

Was watching Steve Sullivan on channel 7 news and he showed a few excerpts of our coaches talking about the upcoming game with Alabama.

Someone asked how do you get the team ready to play with confidence against Alabama after all that's happened so far. One of the coaches mentioned that it's a great opportunity to play the number one team in the nation. He talked about the atmosphere being a great environment for college football.

It sounded like something I have heard before from the coaches of rent-a-win teams who are just coming in to take a beating and pick up a check.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Grag T

Quote from: davglo35 on October 11, 2017, 02:52:45 am
I am confident that we will see the best coach and the worst coach in all of college football in T town on Saturday. It will be the legend, the greatest possibly of all time against Curley of the three stooges.
0 chance 0 confidence

lol, the resemblance is uncanny
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

GTOWNHOG

Well, at least we know that we have FIVE HOMERS on the board.....  ;D
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

GTOWNHOG

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 11, 2017, 09:11:29 am
How confident am I?  Let's put it this way:  when we lose this Saturday,  I am not even going to be remotely upset. That is how confident I am we will lose.

Ditto.
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

LRRandy

Quote from: Etowah on October 11, 2017, 05:49:35 am

I've got nothing else.
as improbable as it appears to be strange things happen. Wouldn't it be something if Saban losing Saturday was one of them.
This is fun, isn't it.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Vantage 8 dude

tbhogfan

My  confidence level: Negative Infinity Squared*99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999.817
Go Hogs!

Rayzback

Quote from: GTOWNHOG on October 11, 2017, 12:31:08 pm
Well, at least we know that we have FIVE HOMERS on the board.....  ;D

Can't change who you are. It's Wednesday, I went with a 5. About Saturday @ 6,  I'll be up there with the 10's.  Probably around 6:30 I'll be lookin for the Fritos.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Iwastherein1969

Seriously, Saban can name the score and for some reason I believe that Saban will take the low road and hang 70 on Bielema.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

PorkSoda

The question should be, how confident are you that we will cover the 30 point spread?

Even then, put our chances at 20% max

We will not score a point on BAMA and they will score at will unless Saban holds down his team and I believe he will.  Saban owes BB for standing with him, actually standing in front of him concerning the HUNH crap.  Saban never wants BB to be replaced, this is like a bye week for him as long as BB is the coach.  Because BAMA didn't perform last week as Saban would have liked, he may hurt us a little but he won't put up an 100 points though he could and we will likely score but not much just to make it look good for both parties.

savimbi2002

Luckily for us Saban never runs up the score except against Ole Miss who cheated to beat him.

STLhawg

If they wanted to, Bama could punt on every possession in the first half and still cover the spread (likely with ease) in the second half. 

The Kig

Poker Porker

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma