Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Kelley Play Against 'Bama?

Started by Mike Irwin, October 09, 2017, 08:48:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfanincajunland

QuoteAs much as he talks about it, he doesn't seem to give a rip about player safety when it's his own players.

Perhaps his issue with HUNH had more to do with his dislike for / inability to coach against it than player safety?

presidenthog

Quote from: hogfanincajunland on October 11, 2017, 03:31:32 pm
Perhaps his issue with HUNH had more to do with his dislike for / inability to coach against it than player safety?

I believe 100% that is the problem. We have terrible S&C. No speed. No conditioning for the 4th qtr, or teams like that. I can't wait for this fraud to leave.

swineology

Quote from: Wildhog on October 10, 2017, 01:55:48 pm
I'd rather not get the future of our football team murdered in his first start.  We're not winning that game, regardless of the QB we start.

Who was the last QB that Bama murdered?

010HogFan

Quote from: hogfanincajunland on October 11, 2017, 03:31:32 pm

Bingo

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

swineology

Quote from: Wildhog on October 11, 2017, 04:18:00 pm
Austin last year.

Let's take a look, Austin didn't leave the game, woke up the next morning still breathing.

AA   6'1" 215lbs
CK   6'7" 268 lbs

I'll ride with Cole Kelly on this one and experience doesn't matter.

The Kig

Quote from: 2thebeatya1973 on October 10, 2017, 10:41:16 am
Give me one good reason and it better be good why he shouldn't.

Easy... Bama is gonna break whoever we start with our atrocious OL.   They might break more than one QB... Start Kelley the rest of the season and MAYBE win a few games, save your job...
Poker Porker

Wildhog

Quote from: swineology on October 11, 2017, 06:06:57 pm

Let's take a look, Austin didn't leave the game, woke up the next morning still breathing.

AA   6'1" 215lbs
CK   6'7" 268 lbs

BA's first start against Bama almost ruined him.  Let Cole start next week in a friendlier environment.
1909/1964/1965/1977

swineology

Quote from: Wildhog on October 11, 2017, 07:24:50 pm
BA's first start against Bama almost ruined him.  Let Cole start next week in a friendlier environment.

Almost is the key word

BA came out ok, Bama ain't gonna kill CK

Carry on with Bama gonna murder all our players,

Wildhog

Quote from: swineology on October 11, 2017, 07:38:31 pm
Almost is the key word

BA came out ok, Bama ain't gonna kill CK

Carry on with Bama gonna murder all our players,

Ded
1909/1964/1965/1977

HouSwine

Quote from: Wildhog on October 10, 2017, 01:55:48 pm
I'd rather not get the future of our football team murdered in his first start.  We're not winning that game, regardless of the QB we start.
This right here is the reason Arkansas can't get over the hump. Ever. Note that the teams that beat us have had their share of frosh QB's

Hoggiedawg

The Kig

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 11, 2017, 01:55:14 pm
So true.  He's also tall enough to see what's coming.

Let Kelley hurt some Bama players...

DAFAQ?  6'7" 260lb QB that lumbers downfield more like an elephant than a gazelle...is gonna "hurt" some 5* assassins running free past an OL with no idea that their guy is already behind them? 

Drugs are bad...mmmmm-kay?
Poker Porker

Wildhog

Quote from: HouSwine on October 11, 2017, 07:55:39 pm
This right here is the reason Arkansas can't get over the hump. Ever. Note that the teams that beat us have had their share of frosh QB's

Yes, it's all my fault.  Sorry guys.
1909/1964/1965/1977

smb

No matter who plays QB they are going to think they were hit by Bobby Boucher after talking about his momma!
GeorgiaHOG

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

RazorbackEagle1996

What do we have to lose I mean honestly the season can't get any worse! Start him maybe something magical will happen! Ain't holding my breath but sure wouldn't hurt to try!

hogcard1964

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 10, 2017, 07:00:25 pm
I suspect Allen will play the whole game even if they have a wheel him out on the field and stand him up.

No doubt:

Bielema has a history at Arkansas of playing quarterbacks nursing injuries. In 2013 Brandon Allen started eight games while recovering from a separated shoulder suffered in the third game of the season. The following year Bielema played Allen the entire game against Missouri even though he was clearly struggling from a hip pointer that limited his mobility.

jgphillips3

Cole Kelley is as big as an offensive tackle.  Let him play.

jaredkr

Crazy how fast you all turn your back on AA.. Guy has given everything and has NEVER embarrassed the University.. You let him play as long as he's able.
I am Ray Finkel

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: jaredkr on October 12, 2017, 06:07:11 pm
Crazy how fast you all turn your back on AA.. Guy has given everything and has NEVER embarrassed the University.. You let him play as long as he's able.

This is complete b.s.  No player is bigger than the program.  If a guy isn't getting it done then him sit down and let someone run the O that a defense actually has to account for.  Teams aren't scared to get beat by the deep ball because AA consistently underthrows deep routes.  CK is afraid to pull it down and get yardage when wr aren't open. Plus he can take the top of a d. This would allow the run game to open up plus intermediate and short pass routes.  Lots could be accomplished with a 6'7 270 athletic qb.

Hoot72

It seems pretty obvious that everyone believes that we are going to lose to Alabama, regardless of who the quarterback is.  If you believe Allen gives you a better chance of winning games after Auburn, you play Kelly; and let Allen completely heal over the next two weeks.  If Kelly comes in, sets the world on fire, then you keep playing him.

smb

I think the problem is CBB always says that he plays the QB who gives us the best chance to win. I'm sorry I'm getting pretty tired of hearing this one.
GeorgiaHOG

Hoggish1

Quote from: swineology on October 11, 2017, 06:06:57 pm

AA   6'1" 215lbs
CK   6'7" 268 lbs

I'd take 6'1" with a grain of salt...

010HogFan

Quote from: jaredkr on October 12, 2017, 06:07:11 pm

No offense, but this concept is completely stupid. He's not getting it done on the field and that is all that matters. Let the young buck get a taste of what a real football game is like and start grooming him for next year. We have no chance to win this game either way anyway, but Cole being in the game just does something to our offense. Gives it a new life.

Wild Boarnado

October 13, 2017, 11:32:47 am #75 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 01:37:37 am by Wild Boarnado
I'm more concerned with Auburn injuring our QBs than I am Bama. Perhaps it is just a gut feeling I get, but it seems that Bama plays to dominate and stop you while Auburn seems to put you out of the game. It was Auburn that broke RWIII, AA, and broke Ole Miss's Treadwell. If AA is still recovering, I think CK should take over until he is 100%. JMHO
"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

sigpooie

To all you Jedi mind bending arm chair idiots. Confidence is built in a win or loss to a team that is this good. (Note..they cheated, always have and always will) . Allen does not deserve to be on the same field as these players and you'll see it in the 1st two drives today.  His problems are that he spent 3 years on the hill staying the same and I can't remember a hog qb with a worst  attitude or less leadership skills. I'm also worried that if kelley wins this game that we might keep the idiot that got us here in the first place.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

From Tusk Till Dawn

I just dont follow the line of reasoning from some of these threads.  Ex other teams have had success with freshman qb why cant we.  BA was a freshman?? CBB always plays favorites.  Like in what way, personality?  What possible motivation would our head coach have to play someone that doesn't give us the best shot to win (other than off the field issues which does not include CK)    CK said himself there was no QB controversy.  I think CK has lots of potential but he's also only been in a handful of series and has a fumble and a pick 6 during garbage time.