Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finebaum said Long negotiating new contract.

Started by harrisburghog, October 09, 2017, 04:06:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: Augustus on October 09, 2017, 07:04:53 pm

But... the buyout is heavily, HEAVILY in Bret's favor.  The University's only "protection" at this point is Bret is doing so poorly that no other school would want to poach him.

Actually, that protects CBB as well.  Guarantees the $11M - $15M, depending on timing.  Good post though.

MultipleScoreGasms

October 10, 2017, 06:43:14 am #101 Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 06:56:35 am by MultipleScoreGasms
Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 09, 2017, 07:20:48 pm
Section 13 (r)....does throwing players under the bus count?

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/public/ab-Bret-Bielema-Contract.PDF

No.  That would come into effect if he did something such as claim to be the only resort to counsel a particular group of athletes, regardless of program (football, basketball, etc.), because those athletes couldn't rely on anyone in their own respective program, thereby discrediting other UofA programs.  Or to insinuate or claim an athletic program is unresponsive to the circumstances or needs of their athletes, again discrediting the University or a program.  Or, perhaps accusing the AD or administration of engaging in unethical employment practices or decisions.  We have had similar in our past.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 09, 2017, 09:08:38 pm
Or make sure someone smarter than you looks , and looks again to cover your rear end.

No doubt about that....

ricepig

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 09, 2017, 10:59:39 pm
Left your car in airport parking lately.

Nah, figured it was cheaper to buy my own airplane....

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

SharpTusk

Writer on  hog database

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

axharbor

Quote from: Augustus on October 09, 2017, 05:52:35 pm
You think so? I'm not that impressed.  I mean, they (facilities) are an absolute necessary anyway, so he's basically just doing his job.  The stadium expansion? I'm not impressed at all with.  $160 Million to add 3,000 seats to the last area of DWRRS that could be expanded?  Meaning Arkansas will continue to have a lower tier stadium with regards to capacity.

Amen!  3K seats for $160 million is insanity...