Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finebaum said Long negotiating new contract.

Started by harrisburghog, October 09, 2017, 04:06:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

harrisburghog

hobhog

You know things are bad when people cling to everything Pawl and Wally say.....and probably not the best time for JL to be negotiating anything so I say BS.

But Long is a highly respected AD and isn't going anywhere.

Cambridge Hog

harrisburghog

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: harrisburghog on October 09, 2017, 04:06:19 pm
Please say it ain't so!!!!!!

Did you hear it on finebaum.  I've been listening and hadn't heard this

PorkSoda

new contract for who? himself? or is he giving CBB another raise + extension?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

GuvHog

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on October 09, 2017, 04:18:10 pm
a termination agreement is a contract.....

Good Grief!! Pay Long his $100,000 buyout and send him packing NOW!!!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 09, 2017, 04:21:26 pm
new contract for who? himself? or is he giving CBB another raise + extension?

Just heard it. New contract for Long since his expires in June

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: GuvHog on October 09, 2017, 04:23:16 pm

and buy him a ticket to Nebraska or anywhere.....just get him away from the UofA.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

BigBrandonAllenFan

hobhog

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on October 09, 2017, 04:24:51 pm

He better pray MA has a good season.....

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on October 09, 2017, 04:20:55 pm

Did you hear it on finebaum.  I've been listening and hadn't heard this
Finebaum said it and Wally sounded clueless about it.

Hoggiedawg

Long needs to be moved along.

harrisburghog

I would be shocked if the BOT would allow this to happen.

moses_007

Long will get a half million dollar raise and a contract extension... bank on it.

Danny J

Quote from: harrisburghog on October 09, 2017, 05:17:33 pm

Might be a quid pro quo in the works in regards to CBB and a possible new hire IF we miss out on a bowl. I don't think a bowl is likely but still possible because Ole miss, MSU, mizzou and LSU are not good teams and it's possible we could luck into 3 wins against the aforementioned

jcbville

Youre going to be shocked then.

Danny J

moses_007

What are you referring to that the BOT would let happen?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: harrisburghog on October 09, 2017, 04:06:19 pm
Please say it ain't so!!!!!!

I think I've read that on here before.....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on October 09, 2017, 04:23:16 pm

Go ahead and write the check and send it since you feel so strongly about it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on October 09, 2017, 04:27:04 pm
Yankee go home.

Can't you come up with something a little more original than that.................That was over 150 years ago.

pigture perfect

Jeff Long didn't lose games for us. But he is doingagreatjob on facility upgrades. I'm glad to have him. The coach in question tho? He needs to go.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hogcard1964

If he can renegotiate the Bielema contact, and get him out of here, at the end of this year without Arkansas bearing the brunt of the buyout, I'd give Long one more year.  But that's the only way I'd extend him.  He has to fix his mess.

Piggfoot

If Arkansas' AD should be fired everytime a head FB coach didn't work out then Broyles would have been gone four times. I know you guys are p*ssed about the buyout and I am too but many more people than Long signed off on it and in reality the money won't come from the pockets of Hogvillians. Maybe the people who offered the buyout will be more prudent next time.
I already know fans are eating their tickets and saving the travel expenses to Fayetteville. If that happens pressure will be applied by local businesses. It will be interesting to see the actual turnout for the next home game and to see how many go see the Bama game.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Augustus

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 09, 2017, 05:37:30 pm
Jeff Long didn't lose games for us. But he is doingagreatjob on facility upgrades. I'm glad to have him. The coach in question tho? He needs to go.

You think so? I'm not that impressed.  I mean, they (facilities) are an absolute necessary anyway, so he's basically just doing his job.  The stadium expansion? I'm not impressed at all with.  $160 Million to add 3,000 seats to the last area of DWRRS that could be expanded?  Meaning Arkansas will continue to have a lower tier stadium with regards to capacity.

My biggest gripes about Long are:
1) ridiculous buyout of a Coach who never was winning
2) ridiculously agreeing to play a Division opponent on the road for a decade

hoghearted

Quote from: moses_007 on October 09, 2017, 05:20:28 pm
Long will get a half million dollar raise and a contract extension... bank on it.

wouldn't surprise me
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

navyhog24

Any AD can do that in this conference with all of the TV money that is being made.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 09, 2017, 05:32:38 pm
Can't you come up with something a little more original than that.................That was over 150 years ago.

In before he pulls out the "carpetbagger" comment....😉
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ballz2thewall

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 09, 2017, 04:28:55 pm
Finebaum said it and Wally sounded clueless about it.

you're right. i heard it and remember it, now. wally had no idea and was surprised.
The rest of the frog.

HoggyCat

Paul finebaum is a chain jerker...... a pot stirrer.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 09, 2017, 05:58:10 pm
you're right. i heard it and remember it, now. wally had no idea and was surprised.

Wally is like George Constanza with the Yankees....they only wake him up for the really important stuff.

longpig

If true it's the opposite of Hogville's consensus so it's a good decision.
Don't be scared, be smart.

grayhawg

Jeff Long hired him and gave him the ridiculous buyout.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: grayhawg on October 09, 2017, 06:03:14 pm
Jeff Long hired him and gave him the ridiculous buyout.

JL couldn't approve it by himself. Other higher-ups had to agree to it, as well.

longpig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 09, 2017, 06:05:36 pm
JL couldn't approve it by himself. Other higher-ups had to agree to it, as well.

And he'd get fired when he gets fired regardless the size of the buyout.   

hoghearted

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 09, 2017, 06:05:36 pm

Absolutely true, but he probably made a case for why he thought it was a good idea, no? His bosses probably signed off on it, based on Long's recommendation, right?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Hoggle

Quote from: Augustus on October 09, 2017, 05:52:35 pm
You think so? I'm not that impressed.  I mean, they (facilities) are an absolute necessary anyway, so he's basically just doing his job.  The stadium expansion? I'm not impressed at all with.  $160 Million to add 3,000 seats to the last area of DWRRS that could be expanded?  Meaning Arkansas will continue to have a lower tier stadium with regards to capacity.

My biggest gripes about Long are:
1) ridiculous buyout of a Coach who never was winning
2) ridiculously agreeing to play a Division opponent on the road for a decade

I've heard that $160mm stadium expansion has been mismanaged and going way, way over budget. More like $240mm. Would seem consistent with Jeffy's other management "abilities".

Maybe someone should do a story on that....

HoggyCat

You need to do a little research on how facilities are being paid for......

HoggyCat

Quote from: hoghearted on October 09, 2017, 06:07:39 pm
Absolutely true, but he probably made a case for why he thought it was a good idea, no? His bosses probably signed off on it, based on Long's recommendation, right?

He lied, they swallowed the hook.

longpig

Quote from: hoghearted on October 09, 2017, 06:07:39 pm

Or maybe Long was in opposition to it and did as he was told. 

Other than heresay, which is being presented on Hogville as absolute fact, does anyone really know if there are cost overruns on the endzone addition.  I would not be surprised but if so, how much over.

I would hope upper management would not rush to sign Long to a new contract right now, but that would not surprise me.  Mismanagement by upper management has been the norm around here for the past 25 years.  One reason we have missed on 80 percent of the football coaches hired during that time.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Well the good news is. The concessions will be much faster next year.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

longpig

Quote from: Hoggle on October 09, 2017, 06:08:43 pm
I've heard that $160mm stadium expansion has been mismanaged and going way, way over budget. More like $240mm. Would seem consistent with Jeffy's other management "abilities".

Maybe someone should do a story on that....

It may go over budget like a lot of projects do, but it won't start doing so for another 9 months or longer.

Tortfeasor

Too many people are bitching about the amount of the buyout. It is there to protect both parties. If we were winning big no one would have a problem with it, as it keeps other schools from stealing him. Since we aren't winning everyone has an issue with it, like it's their money. It is what it is and the next coach will likely have a large buyout as well. It's called contract negotiations. Both parties want protection.

code red

code red

Quote from: Tortfeasor on October 09, 2017, 06:30:19 pm
Too many people are bitching about the amount of the buyout. It is there to protect both parties. If we were winning big no one would have a problem with it, as it keeps other schools from stealing him. Since we aren't winning everyone has an issue with it, like it's their money. It is what it is and the next coach will likely have a large buyout as well. It's called contract negotiations. Both parties want protection.
Yeah I'm fine with that but at the time. It made no sense to give an extension. I mean look what Petrino did in a short amount of time. Did Brett do that well? In that short amount of time? Let's face it. If you're going to compete in a SEC it's about winning.