Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Les Miles to Replace Bielema.........

Started by moses_007, October 09, 2017, 01:05:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

I believe it's already a done deal, as soon as Jeff Long decides to give Bielema his walking papers.

I realize many on here don't like Miles, but look at the man's record at LSU.  114-34 in 12 seasons, no season less than 8 wins, one national championship.  Remember, Les went up and met with Jeff Long before Bielema was hired... and everyone blew it off as just a friendly visit.  I believe Les wanted the Arkansas job then, and he'd for certain take it now.

Jeff Long wants a coach that has winning experience in the SEC.  No other coach but Les Miles fits that criteria.

RazorPiggie

HF#1

Les will no doubt be on the short list. He and Jeff are buddies. He even consulted Les before finally hiring Bielema if you remember.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The Hawg Marshal

It would be a terrible hire of epic proportions.

Mr. Porkleone

Funny that people on hogville say heck no to a coach that was 114-34.

moses_007

Quote from: HF#1 on October 09, 2017, 01:09:17 pm
Les will no doubt be on the short list. He and Jeff are buddies. He even consulted Les before finally hiring Bielema if you remember.
Yes they are good buddies, and I think that's why he will get the job.  Plus, he's available right now, and we won't have to pay any buyout to get him.

The other good possibility is Mark Richt, lots of SEC experience and a very good record at Georgia.  I don't know if we could lure him away from Miami or not.  He seems really happy there.

Razorbackers

BadHog

Hopefully Jeff Long will not be hiring the next head coach at the UA.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

moses_007

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on October 09, 2017, 01:11:16 pm
And that record is in the SEC... not the Sunbelt or Conference USA.

sickboy

Quote from: moses_007 on October 09, 2017, 01:11:21 pm
Yes they are good buddies, and I think that's why he will get the job.  Plus, he's available right now, and we won't have to pay any buyout to get him.

The other good possibility is Mark Richt, lots of SEC experience and a very good record at Georgia.  I don't know if we could lure him away from Miami or not.  He seems really happy there.

Ok. I laughed when you said Les Miles. But I'm actually worried about you. You think Mark Richt is going to leave Miami, his Alma Mater, to come coach Arkansas?

Richt is less than 0% possibility.

Polecat

Isn't Richt a Miami alum? Besides, the difference in recruiting pool would be a huge step down. Not happening
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

HF#1

Mark Richt is not leaving Miami for Arkansas. Might as well say Saban is a candidate.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

TeufelHog

Les is jus another used car salesman like Nutt.  He was only as good as his coordinators . . . so who is he going to bring with him that isn't already employed somewhere else?  Les Miles doesn't even know when to call a time-out.  His "clock-management" skills in the final minutes of the 4th quarter are atrocious.  NO WAY WE WANT HIM RUNNING OUR PROGRAM! 

Michael_E_Davis

Yes,  but he was in a recruiting hot bed.  Louisiana, if I remember the statistic right,  had more home grown number 1 NFL drafts than any other state.  He literally had 5 star players in his backyard.  He will not have that kind of recruiting advantage in Arkansas.

We need a coach that is able to develop 2 and 3 star players to a 5 star level.  Les Miles,  I think,  will need top players in his system for it to work.  That won't happen here.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

moses_007

Quote from: sickboy on October 09, 2017, 01:13:29 pm
Ok. I laughed when you said Les Miles. But I'm actually worried about you. You think Mark Richt is going to leave Miami, his Alma Mater, to come coach Arkansas?

Richt is less than 0% possibility.
Stranger things have happened.  Throw the right money at him, and who knows? 

Kevin

can miles recruit? I don't think he had to work very hard to get all those Louisiana kids to come to lsu
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HF#1

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 09, 2017, 01:15:14 pm
Yes,  but he was in a recruiting hot bed.  Louisianan, if I remember the statistic right,  had more home grown number 1 NFL drafts than any other state.  He literally had 5 star players in his backyard.  He will not have that kind of recruiting advantage in Arkansas.

I am by no means making a case for Les, however, you would be misinformed to think he doesn't still have major ties and in roads in Louisiana. We would make greater strides in that state than we are now. Especially if LSU keeps sliding the wrong direction.

DemiHOG

HF#1

Quote from: Kevin on October 09, 2017, 01:16:11 pm
can miles recruit? I don't think he had to work very hard to get all those Louisiana kids to come to lsu

Of all the things that would concern me about Les being our coach, recruiting is last on the list.

Wildhog

I'm not joking at all when I say that if we hire Les Miles, I will request for my account to be deleted from hogville.

I realize no one cares, but I don't want the mods to have to deal with that.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

100%Razorback

Les Miles is a proven winner. I think he would get recruits based on his name alone.

Inhogswetrust

Then name ONE P5 fanbase that would love to hire him.....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Wildhog

One of my biggest fears with Long making the hire is that he'll focus more on "name" than ability.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Ya let's hire a guy that could only beat CBB half the time with twice the talent. This kind of post is why many dont take anything said on hogville by certain posters seriously.

AirWarren

EastexHawg

That would be great.  What Arkansas football really needs is a coach who absolutely discounts the passing game.  Just think, if he put the stiffs under center that he came up with when he had LSU's talent pool to work with...what might he do at Arkansas?

In his last five matchups with Saban, Les Miles' teams put up an average of 12.6 points per game.  If you count the team he put together last year that faced Bama four weeks after he was fired, they were shut out twice and the average falls to 10.5 points.  Again, that was with LSU talent.  Arkansas should be salivating over the prospect of bringing that kind of system and production to Fayetteville.

Jek Tono Porkins

A) He'll be 64 years old in November
B) He had a top ten recruiting class pretty much every year he was at LSU which he will not get at Arkansas
C) His in-game decision is just about as bad as Bielema's or Nutt's which is saying something
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

HF#1

Quote from: Wildhog on October 09, 2017, 01:19:30 pm
One of my biggest fears with Long making the hire is that he'll focus more on "name" than ability.

Yeah, that's a valid concern. I'm more concerned about him going after low hanging fruit rather than conducting a real search.

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hogsanity

Yea, we hear 21-5 all the time like it was 2 nc years, but a guy who went 114-34 AND ACTUALLY WON A TITLE is just garbage and would be a horrible hire.

Hog fans once again proving 4th was way too low.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HF#1

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on October 09, 2017, 01:20:37 pm
A) He'll be 64 years old in November
B) He had a top ten recruiting class pretty much every year he was at LSU which he will not get at Arkansas
C) His in-game decision is just about as bad as Bielema's or Nutt's which is saying something

All great points... But he is low hanging fruit.

hogsanity

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 09, 2017, 01:20:13 pm
That would be great.  What Arkansas football really needs is a coach who absolutely discounts the passing game.  Just think, if he put the stiffs under center that he came up with when he had LSU's talent pool to work with...what might he do at Arkansas?

In his last five matchups with Saban, Les Miles' teams put up an average of 12.6 points per game.  If you count the team he put together last year that faced Bama four weeks after he was fired, they were shut out twice and the average falls to 10.5 points.  Again, that was with LSU talent.  Arkansas should be salivating over the prospect of bringing that kind of system and production to Fayetteville.

And any coach at Ar did what against Bama since Saban got there? Or any other coach for that matter anywhere that the Hogs might possibly maybe could get? YEs, lets turn our nose up at a guy who actually won a NC and actually beat Saban because his teams had trouble beating Bama.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

parallaxpig

Quote from: HF#1 on October 09, 2017, 01:21:28 pm
All great points... But he is low hanging fruit.

please...no more retreads.......
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

SSFrazorback

We always felt like we had a chance to win when we played LSWho even though they had more 5 stars than we had 4s. The reason why is Les can't coach. I'll quit watching hog football if we hire him. Les 'with more' Miles

moses_007

Quote from: 100%Razorback on October 09, 2017, 01:18:12 pm
Les Miles is a proven winner. I think he would get recruits based on his name alone.
Those 5 star recruits don't just fall into a coach's lap.  There are a lot of places they can choose to play.  Les is a great recruiter. His weakness seemed to be in developing good quarterbacks, but that can be remedied by an OC like Enos and a good quarterbacks coach.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 09, 2017, 01:18:55 pm
Then name ONE P5 fanbase that would love to hire him.....................

Bingo! He was Mr. LESS with MORE.

hogsanity

So, Les Miles, with sec and national titles is no good but the savior of the program is either a guy who has never won a title anywhere, or some young guy who we do not even know which young guy, but a young guy some where that ay or may not be a hc or a coordinator or maybe is not even in football right now. Sadly, in Hogville world that actually makes sense.

hoghearted

Quote from: Wildhog on October 09, 2017, 01:19:30 pm

It's one reason he hired BB
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

moses_007

I believe Bielema will be fired immediately after the Auburn game when he goes 0-4 in the SEC.

Hoggish1

hogsanity

The only reason I would want Les is for the entertainment that would ensure here. I am tired of retreads, not just here but in sports in general. Since we all know, although some wont admit, the Hogs are likely never going to win the sec, go get some young guy, at least be known as the place so and so got their 1st p5 hc job.

moses_007

hogsanity

Quote from: moses_007 on October 09, 2017, 01:31:07 pm
I believe Bielema will be fired immediately after the Auburn game when he goes 0-4 in the SEC.

I actually think that is highly possible. BB resigns, Enos runs the team for the rest of the year, and then he gets another HC job at a mac or similar school. The rest of the staff scrambles for lifeboats.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Wildhog on October 09, 2017, 01:17:29 pm
I'm not joking at all when I say that if we hire Les Miles, I will request for my account to be deleted from hogville.

I realize no one cares, but I don't want the mods to have to deal with that.

We are being seriously trolled by the people saying Miles.  It takes serious lack of critical thinking to want Miles here.

HF#1

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 09, 2017, 01:35:15 pm
We are being seriously trolled by the people saying Miles.  It takes serious lack of critical thinking to want Miles here.

I don't think anyone wants Miles here. It's just putting two and two together given the history of Jeff Long hiring.

HF#1

Quote from: hogsanity on October 09, 2017, 01:35:09 pm
I actually think that is highly possible. BB resigns, Enos runs the team for the rest of the year, and then he gets another HC job at a mac or similar school. The rest of the staff scrambles for lifeboats.

There is a small part of me that wonders what would happnen if Enos was given the keys.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

rzrbk4life

Don't we have turf? I figure that's a deal breaker for les
Let's call those hogs!!!!

moses_007

Quote from: hogsanity on October 09, 2017, 01:35:09 pm
I believe it has finally sunk into Bielema's thick head that he will never get the job done here.  He tried, bless his heart, but he was a total failure.