Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema Gone - Buyout No Problem

Started by BigK_HogHeaven, October 09, 2017, 08:48:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

code red

Quote from: AP85 on October 09, 2017, 09:24:00 am
My dad is the president of BOT. Let me confer.
He ain't telling u nuttin.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 09, 2017, 05:21:15 pm
They are classified as Fortune 500 companies, but only 1 of them is decently managed, and that is J.B. Hunt.

Wal-Mart and Tyson Foods are not managed well (I am referring about day-to-day operational managing).

Wal-Mart needs David Glass to return and whip Wal-Mart into shape.
And this exactly WHAT to do with said rumor. Come on, you can't be serious. Another fake Pillowhead blast.

Inhogswetrust

They are classified as Fortune 500 companies, but only 1 of them is decently managed, and that is J.B. Hunt.

Wal-Mart and Tyson Foods are not managed well (I am referring about day-to-day operational managing).

Maybe that's why they want to build a sparkling new headquarters in downtown Bentonville........................to entice Glass to come back by having nothing but glass walls.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Let me guess you've been visiting the pharmacy department without a priscription again.......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GoHogs1091

Quote from: ricepig on October 09, 2017, 05:23:27 pm
Shareholders might disagree, what company do you run?

My late Father personally knew Sam and Helen Walton.

Before my Father passed away, my Father told me some things that indicates Sam would be appalled if Sam saw the current Wal-Mart.

Vantage 8 dude

October 09, 2017, 05:34:06 pm #105 Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 06:17:07 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 09, 2017, 05:30:28 pm

Before my Father passed away, my Father told me some things that indicates Sam would be appalled if Sam saw the current Wal-Mart.
Well that very well might be. Then again, Sam's approach as opposed to management's direction over the past 20 years or so is clearly different. Doesn't necessarily mean that's a bad thing. Wake up and consider the fact that a TON of things have changed since ole Sam passed.

BTW and while we're at it, what does Sam's approach to managing a company have to do with Tyson? I mean that's obviously another company you threw "under the bus". Then again, just throw out crap and see what sticks on the wall. Spoken like a true Rembrandt or Monet.

Inhogswetrust

That doesn't mean they are mismanaged.

Tyro3

I personally knew Sam and Helen, Sam and I took care of a scout troop that John was in and I went to ground school to learn to fly with Helen, they were some of the best people I knew. Sam would be fine with the current Wally World.

ricepig

Lots of people in Arkansas knew Sam, what happened in the 70's won't work today.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Tyro3 on October 09, 2017, 05:36:04 pm
I personally knew Sam and Helen, Sam and I took care of a scout troop that John was in and I went to ground school to learn to fly with Helen, they were some of the best people I knew. Sam would be fine with the current Wally World.

Nope, Sam would not  The current Wal-Mart customer service in the stores is not up to Sam's standard.

Sam would have never let the customer service deteriorate. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 09, 2017, 05:48:51 pm
Nope, Sam would not  The current Wal-Mart customer service in the stores is not up to Sam's standard.

Sam would have never let the customer service deteriorate. 

I'm old as well and customer service was deteriorating before Sam died.

code red

I would venture to Guess that at least a quarter of the capacity of Reynolds Razorback Stadium will not renew their tickets next year. I would say that's got to be close to at least ten million dollar loss.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HognotinMemphis

Are you talking about God or your earthly father?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

ricepig

Quote from: code red on October 09, 2017, 06:02:45 pm
I would venture to Guess that at least a quarter of the capacity of Reynolds Razorback Stadium will not renew their tickets next year. I would say that's got to be close to at least ten million dollar loss.

Let's see how much you know, what is your guess of season tickets sold, and what is the record sold, and in what year?

GoHogs1091

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 09, 2017, 06:40:21 pm

Earthly Father.

He knew them real well.  They had my Father spend the night at their house while he was on a business trip to NWA.   I remember him saying once regarding him spending the night that at around 4 AM he was awoken to pots and pans banging around in the kitchen.  It was Helen cooking breakfast.

Sam's Ford pick-up that is at the museum, my Father once drove it from Tulsa to Bentonville.  Sam was in Texas getting treatment, and the family was needing to get his truck back to Bentonville.  My Father was on a business trip to Tulsa, and the family contacted him and asked my Father to drive the truck to Bentonville.   

hassettsportsman

Not that this has turned into a Walton thread...but, Sam was one of 'them'...he cared more about the store level employees than managers.  He could easily relate to them.  Today, store level employees are disrespected and their benefits cut.  It's about shareholders now.  As for Bielema, he's a good guy that didn't fit here!

Sonofahog

I personally know someone in NWA.  They don't know anything.  I just wanted you all to know that I know someone in NWA. 
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

ToddW

This is getting funnier with every post.
I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

PonderinHog

Quote from: ToddW on October 09, 2017, 09:43:39 pm
This is getting funnier with every post.
This spot is reserved for when I can think of some ridiculous darn to say!  Or I might sublease it to Jimmy Boarffett,  He may need the space.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 09, 2017, 10:01:01 pm
This spot is reserved for when I can think of some ridiculous darn to say!  Or I might sublease it to Jimmy Boarffett,  He may need the space.

Boarffett is spacey enough.  Just sayin'.

RazorWhacker

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on October 09, 2017, 11:02:54 am
Did you know if your Aunt had balls she'd have been your Uncle?

Caitlin Jenner says hi.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Razor1997 on October 09, 2017, 11:06:04 am
My wife's cousin's former roommate is good friends with somebody who knows a big time insider, and says Chip Kelly and Jon Gruden are on the short list.

Gruden mentioned us on MNF tonight when talking about Dowell Loggains. Means it's a "done deal." He's bringing in Loggains as OC and Bill Cowher as DC. Working it out at Powerhouse after the game..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

SooieGeneris

Quote from: hawgon on October 09, 2017, 11:14:44 am
And Long the captain of the Titanic.

And Hooty's coaching career is Jack Dawson..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

jvanhorn

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 09, 2017, 09:43:04 am
Too cryptic!  Anybody wanna buy one of these?

Is that a Captain Midnight Ovaltine decoder ring?  I had one as a kid.  I copied the secret message off the tv when the show came on.  When I decoded it the message was "Drink Ovaltine".   But, hey I still drink Ovaltine, lol.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: hawgon on October 09, 2017, 11:14:44 am

And Long the captain of the Titanic.

Was captain.....has been demoted.  Now working down in the engine room. Engine room is reported to be flooding.  Ex-captain was last seen searching for a life preserver.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Pork Twain

There is NOTHING better than an unsubstantiated Hogville coaching rumor.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Ben on October 09, 2017, 11:09:35 am
In the wise words of Bernie Mac: "I don't believe shi+ till shi+ happens"

LOL!!!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

leroyhawg

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 09, 2017, 06:40:21 pm
Always a smartass, Sam would have a lot more American jobs on his own, don't think he would be crazy about a genitalia grabbing President, not so proud of some relatives
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

leroyhawg

Quote from: Sonofahog on October 09, 2017, 09:38:57 pm
I personally know someone in NWA.  They don't know anything.  I just wanted you all to know that I know someone in NWA.

Walton Family for 500 Alex
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hassettsportsman on October 09, 2017, 07:09:40 pm
Not that this has turned into a Walton thread...but, Sam was one of 'them'...he cared more about the store level employees than managers.  He could easily relate to them.  Today, store level employees are disrespected and their benefits cut.  It's about shareholders now.  As for Bielema, he's a good guy that didn't fit here!

You think it wasn't about shareholders when Sam was around? Yes it was.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 09, 2017, 06:55:07 pm
Earthly Father.

He knew them real well.  They had my Father spend the night at their house while he was on a business trip to NWA.   I remember him saying once regarding him spending the night that at around 4 AM he was awoken to pots and pans banging around in the kitchen.  It was Helen cooking breakfast.

Sam's Ford pick-up that is at the museum, my Father once drove it from Tulsa to Bentonville.  Sam was in Texas getting treatment, and the family was needing to get his truck back to Bentonville.  My Father was on a business trip to Tulsa, and the family contacted him and asked my Father to drive the truck to Bentonville.   
Nice stories. Sounds like the Walton's were salt of the earth billionaires. Maybe the only ones in history of mankind. I've never seen "father" capitalized unless it is referring to God.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

BigK_HogHeaven

Sam was actually my source! You guys figured it out!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on October 10, 2017, 08:53:31 am
Sam was actually my source! You guys figured it out!
Nice....so now you communicate with the dead ??? Exactly how does that work ??? ::)

texas tush hog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 10, 2017, 09:59:49 am
Nice....so now you communicate with the dead ??? Exactly how does that work ??? ::)

A seance.

Sweet Feet

DeltaBoy

I will believe it when I see it .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 09, 2017, 06:55:07 pm
Earthly Father.

Golly, gee.....I suspect that makes you a hero to a lot of folks on here. Before the natural crunch comes for your autograph can I have first dibs?

presidenthog

I've been hearing the buyout isn't a big deal for a while. Bert is gone.

younghog

GO HOGS

thebignasty

HawgHawk

I was once married to someone in NWA, and they told me........

LRRandy

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 09, 2017, 11:06:00 am
Regardless of the OP's accuracy (not denying, lots of chatter out there) the buyout will NOT be a factor - if CBB needs to be done at UA he will be done at UA.
that's not what Ricepig says. He's been smugly shouting anyone down that mentioned BB being gone at the end of this year. Even wanting to bet people. So, the coach will be here next season. Huh Ricepig........go on, tell em again.
This is fun, isn't it.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

ricepig

Quote from: LRRandy on October 12, 2017, 03:03:29 pm
that's not what Ricepig says. He's been smugly shouting anyone down that mentioned BB being gone at the end of this year. Even wanting to bet people. So, the coach will be here next season. Huh Ricepig........go on, tell em again.

He won't be if Long is gone, that's for sure.

RedRazorHog

Quote from: ricepig on October 09, 2017, 02:07:24 pm
Maybe it's Johnny and he's getting back into the game, haha.

I have talked with Mr. Tyson, and I don't think he is getting back in the game.
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

ricepig

Quote from: RedRazorHog on October 12, 2017, 03:44:46 pm
I have talked with Mr. Tyson, and I don't think he is getting back in the game.

Yeah, I know, we're old fraternity brothers.

RedRazorHog

What qualifies YOU to say that they are not well run?  As far as I can see Tyson just revised their forecast and the Wall Street Analysts that cover the Food and CPG sector responded favorably, as did the market and the stock ran up $5 in a single day.  Walmart - Doug McMillan has done a very respectable job and is battling back against a viable competitor in Amazon.  Let's stick to football and leave the corporate strategy to the executives and the analysts.

--Knute Rockne

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hawgsalot

Quote from: AP85 on October 09, 2017, 09:24:00 am
My dad is the president of BOT. Let me confer.

Ah cool then I know you.  Which son are you he has two?

RedRazorHog

Quote from: ricepig on October 12, 2017, 03:45:35 pm
Yeah, I know, we're old fraternity brothers.
Ahhh - so then the Johnny was Johnny Roberts... he and I were friends and classmates at Pulaski Heights back in the 70's.  So RP, you went to SMU or UofA?

--Knute Rockne