Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema Gone - Buyout No Problem

Started by BigK_HogHeaven, October 09, 2017, 08:48:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigK_HogHeaven

I've got a close friend who is an executive at one of NWA's Fortune 500 companies who told me yesterday that we will "absolutely" pay Bret's buyout. He also said it will happen before the end of the season if things continue. He's extremely connected and has been for the past few decades, so I trust his intell! Rest easy Hogville! Change is coming!

Poker_hog

Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

dhizzle

Porkys Revenge

My cousin is on the BOT. I'll find out what the scoop is and report back.

PharmacistHog

Well I was gonna pay the buyout but since this guy is gonna do it I'll just save my money for some oceanfront property in springdale I've had my eye on.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

riccoar

I've got more faith in Alex Jones at Infowars.  And you could easily count that percentage on one finger.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I fully believe that the board of trustees, ricepig, and the rest of the illuminati wouldn't have agreed to a buyout that they couldn't pay
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

PharmacistHog

Yall keep clicking on all the ads around here and Lanny can buy that sucker out by next week.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

SDZ_Hog

gofund me.  100k fans pay $110 each? Asa needs to make it tax deductable

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on October 09, 2017, 09:10:27 am
gofund me.  100k fans pay $110 each? Asa needs to make it tax deductable

Sign me up

jkstock04

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 09, 2017, 09:04:44 am
Yall keep clicking on all the ads around here and Lanny can buy that sucker out by next week.
I sometimes click on them accidentally...so I guess I do my part.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

The_Iceman

It's not just boosters. But think about the TV money, bowl payout money, etc. There is $15 million to be paid if they believe keeping Bielema will cost them more in the long run.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 09, 2017, 09:04:44 am
+1
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 09, 2017, 09:16:46 am
It's not just boosters. But think about the TV money, bowl payout money, etc. There is $15 million to be paid if they believe keeping Bielema will cost them more in the long run.

Exactly, it's all opportunity costs.  They can model it, project it over X number of years etc and know exactly how much keeping him would cost vs. getting rid of him. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 09, 2017, 09:16:46 am

Not to mention that we don't owe him the 15 mil all at once.  The athletic department brings in over $110M a year, you think we can't afford to pay him yearly installments?  NO WAY JL wants a half empty stadium when he unveils the new stadium expansion.  He's got to sell those fancy new boxes, after all. 

AirWarren

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on October 09, 2017, 08:48:01 am
I've got a close friend who is an executive at one of NWA's Fortune 500 companies who told me yesterday that we will "absolutely" pay Bret's buyout. He also said it will happen before the end of the season if things continue. He's extremely connected and has been for the past few decades, so I trust his intell! Rest easy Hogville! Change is coming!

My dad is the president of BOT. Let me confer.

Steef

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 09, 2017, 08:54:38 am
Well I was gonna pay the buyout but since this guy is gonna do it I'll just save my money for some oceanfront property in springdale I've had my eye on.

Send it to me.

I can't coach a lick.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Ragnar Hogbrok

Things are moving and shaking behind the scenes.

Some will be happy and some will not.

Perhaps change is coming.  Perhaps things stay the same.

Stay tuned, information will be out soon... or it may be played close to the vest.

The Chief out....
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

greasy_corner

I'm close to Jeff Long, on gamedays I usually see him about 75 times as he trots someone on the filed to hand them a plaque and lead the peasants in a hog call.  Next time I see him, I'll ask how's the search going. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: The Chief on October 09, 2017, 09:37:00 am
Things are moving and shaking behind the scenes.

Some will be happy and some will not.

Perhaps change is coming.  Perhaps things stay the same.

Stay tuned, information will be out soon... or it may be played close to the vest.

The Chief out....
Too cryptic!  Anybody wanna buy one of these?

Wild Bill Hog

Want to believe the OP, but with only 10 posts  .  .  .

HognotinMemphis

I have an aunt whose 2nd husband (she is now on her 4th husband and second Larry) dated JFB's daughter and that ex-husband is the largest landowner in Washington Co and knows everything before it happens, and he told my aunt yesterday that he does not know anything about plans to fire Bielema.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hog911

Quote from: riccoar on October 09, 2017, 08:54:54 am
I've got more faith in Alex Jones at Infowars.  And you could easily count that percentage on one finger.
Yeah, it's almost as believable as Yahoo headlines, huh?

Hogs-n-Roses

hoginator

Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Redhogs

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 09, 2017, 08:54:38 am
Now that's funny....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Razorbackers

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 09, 2017, 09:46:04 am
I have an aunt whose 2nd husband (she is now on her 4th husband and second Larry) dated JFB's daughter and that ex-husband is the largest landowner in Washington Co and knows everything before it happens, and he told my aunt yesterday that he does not know anything about plans to fire Bielema.
Well thank goodness you're so much in the know.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

JaketheSnake

Inhogswetrust

Did he show you the check?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 09, 2017, 10:59:40 am
13 posts connected. Sounds legit.

So because I actually have a life outside this rumor site I can't know somebody who's in the know? Sound logic dude

HogFanInBryant

Did you know if your Aunt had balls she'd have been your Uncle?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 09, 2017, 10:54:10 am
Well thank goodness you're so much in the know.
Clue to the clueless: That was a joke. You're not too perceptive. Stop the petty stalking and no one will know how inept you are.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Look Jayco has already weighed in and now this.  I'd say if we can get a 3rd independent person saying this then it's legit.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Boardon Hamsay

In before "Son of All Things Bielema Gone - Buyout No Problem/Things Are Happening Behind The Scenes And At Powerhouse Merged..."
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Oklahawg

Regardless of the OP's accuracy (not denying, lots of chatter out there) the buyout will NOT be a factor - if CBB needs to be done at UA he will be done at UA.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Razor1997

My wife's cousin's former roommate is good friends with somebody who knows a big time insider, and says Chip Kelly and Jon Gruden are on the short list.

Athog

That makes me no for certain that nothing has been
decided. Do people actually people in the know are going to tell
some executives in s company? Come on this is proof ignorance has gone to seed.

parallaxpig

Bert is the captain of the titanic. He has already hit the iceberg. The powers to be are deciding if they are going to the bottom with him. 
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Razor1997 on October 09, 2017, 11:06:04 am
My wife's cousin's former roommate is good friends with somebody who knows a big time insider, and says Chip Kelly and Jon Gruden are on the short list.

So who's on the tall list..........................

Ben

In the wise words of Bernie Mac: "I don't believe shi+ till shi+ happens"
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

hawgon

There is enough chatter that I kind of believe it.  I'm not sure that he even wants to stay at this point.  I think he is looking for a way out.

forrest city joe

I will believe it when i see it. the people in charge at the university of Arkansas,must prove to folks that they care about winning.until i see it,i will not believe it.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: parallaxpig on October 09, 2017, 11:07:03 am
Bert is the captain of the titanic. He has already hit the iceberg. The powers to be are deciding if they are going to the bottom with him. 

Bert is the iceberg.

Dirty

I keep shocking myself every time I try to work on my lamp.  Can you tell me why BigK?

hawgon