Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bama favored by 29.5

Started by san1981, October 08, 2017, 04:01:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

san1981

hawgon

People should be fired for that line alone.  That is a disgrace.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: san1981 on October 08, 2017, 04:01:49 pm

Somehow I bet the public hit's that and it will end up near 31.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

Wow not enough.  I'll be betting on Bama.

Seebs

Versus USC was higher back in the day. Look it up.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

rhames

Yeah. This is going to be a 50ish to 3 type game.

40ish to 10 if bama is sleep walking.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

rhames

Has bama ever not covered 2 weeks in a row?

Yikes.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

Dirty

Cambridge Hog

what is the O/U? by that I mean the total that Bama will score...

san1981

Bama is 3-3 ATS.

Unsurprisingly Arkansas is 0-5 (could be 1-4 depending on where you got the NMSU line at)

onebadrubi

We will see a lot of "agendas" come running saying they are betting bama
On this. 

Vantage 8 dude

Might as well make it an even five TDs. Yep, make it 35.

jkstock04

Quote from: san1981 on October 08, 2017, 04:07:32 pm
Bama is 3-3 ATS.

Unsurprisingly Arkansas is 0-5 (could be 1-4 depending on where you got the NMSU line at)
If you were going to bet the game why wouldn't you bet Bama?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

rhames

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 08, 2017, 04:09:15 pm
We will see a lot of "agendas" come running saying they are betting bama
On this. 

I'm pretty sure there is only one agenda now.

Boardon Hamsay

Y'all know that could just be the second half line.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

theFlyingHog

I would definitely take Bama at 29.5. And laugh all the way to the bank

onebadrubi

Quote from: rhames on October 08, 2017, 04:10:45 pm

I'm pretty sure there is only one agenda now.

I'm betting a lot of big mouths making that comment and not actually placing the wager

PonderinHog

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 08, 2017, 04:12:49 pm
Y'all know that could just be the second half line.
Depends on if we're ahead or behind at the half...

hawgon

Is that the over/under on the number of points Bama's defense scores?

san1981

The line stinks and can't believe it's not at least 35.

One could sell the story that Arkansas will rally the troops from the embarrassment of USCe, but after Alabama struggling at A&M and at times looking sloppy, it's not a good week for any team to play Alabama.

GoHogs1091

They will win, but it may not be as lopsided as one might think it will be (unless we just quit during the game).

I watched on t.v. a lot of their game against Texas A&M.  Alabama's Offensive Line is not as good as their OL was the last few seasons (may be missing Cristobal's OL coaching).  The long TD run that Harris had was because A&M's LBs went too far to one side, and an A&M Safety took a bad angle.

Also, Ridley is not 100%.  That makes their passing game be average.

On Defense, I am not impressed with their DL.  Them not having Hand on their DL makes a very noticeable difference.

Really, the only defensive players that stood out to me were Dion Hamilton and Fitzpatrick.

phadedhawg

doc53

Nick will pick the score..will not be pretty
I was THERE for the Pooch Kick

Psychohog

Never smarten up a chump.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 08, 2017, 04:15:14 pm
Depends on if we're ahead or behind at the half...

Maybe Bama plays one of their Alumni squads from the 60's in the first half and we go into the half tied at 0-0? ???
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Torqued pork

Hopefully some Bama reporter will ask Nick how will he get his team to take Arkansas seriously and we'll at least get to see Saban explode.

PonderinHog

Roaringboar

This is just the points that just their defense are going to score right........because the final score is going to be like 70-10 at the end of the night.......Alabama's defense will return an interception for 50+ yard touchdown, probably block a couple of field goals, recover every freaking forced fumble they cause, and that'll be with only 2-3 minutes left in the first quarter.....
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

rhames

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 08, 2017, 04:14:18 pm
I'm betting a lot of big mouths making that comment and not actually placing the wager

People saying they will do things on the internet and not following through?

Color me shocked!

Potosihog

I think CBB should remind Saban that he came to win the sec and beat Bama.  He should pull a Vandy coach and say "We've got something for Bama"

Al Boarland

Opening Lines

Miss St -21 vs. BYU
Tenn -2 vs. SCar
AU -8.5 @ LSU
OM -3 vs. Vandy
UF -3.5 vs. TAMU
Bama -29.5 vs. Ark
UGA -28 vs. Miz

Hawghiggs

This will be Southern Cal all over again.

Al Boarland

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 08, 2017, 04:42:28 pm
This will be Southern Cal all over again.
Darker days ahead.

Big Daddy

I can't remember the last game where I thought we had no chance of winning. This is one.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

fullfan

Bama doesn't have to stunt but when they do...down goes the AA.

Nashville Fan

Pittman or Bust!

Calling All Hogs

I wouldn't bet Bama at those odds only because of Saban's history of intentionally not running up the score on other SEC schools.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 08, 2017, 06:52:12 pm
I wouldn't bet Bama at those odds only because of Saban's history of intentionally not running up the score on other SEC schools.

52-0.  That was Nick actually not trying to run it up.  52-0.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 08, 2017, 06:52:12 pm
Yeah but he would have to tell his guys to run out of bounds to keep the score down. They will shut us out. Negative rushing yards and we lose at least one QB for the season

Piggfoot

The hogs will cover. Book it.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

HotlantaHog

I don't bet for or against Arkansas and betting on college seems really risky to me... but it's hard to imagine Alabama won't be pumped for this game after a generally disappointing win at A&M.

Razorback7

Give me 52-0.  I just have a hunch.

BigBrandonAllenFan

I'll take Bama if Allen Ant starts.  I'll take Arkansas if Goliath Kelley starts.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: hawgon on October 08, 2017, 04:03:01 pm
People should be fired for that line alone.  That is a disgrace.

Gosh, I thought that line was giving us a lot of respect we don't necessarily deserve.

shown006

Quote from: rhames on October 08, 2017, 04:25:35 pm

People saying they will do things on the internet and not following through?

Color me shocked!

You taking the Hogs +29.5?
WPS!

LR_Matt

My brother has tickets and offered me one. He's a bama fan though. Not sure I want to sit through all that.

rhames

Quote from: shown006 on October 08, 2017, 07:37:51 pm
You taking the Hogs +29.5?

How on earth did you get that from what I posted?

SultanofSwine

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 08, 2017, 07:06:12 pm
The hogs will cover. Book it.

We couldn't cover a cat turd with a track hoe.

onebadrubi

Quote from: rhames on October 08, 2017, 07:43:19 pm

How on earth did you get that from what I posted?

Too many idiots around here

Boarcephus

Damn near 30 point underdog in Bielema's fifth year is totally unacceptable.   If there was a lemon law in college football coaching, we should get our money back.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.