Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Could it be?

Started by Hogindasticks, October 07, 2017, 10:23:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogindasticks

I have been watching a line that doesnt want to block for AA.....in my opinion...i think they blocked much better for the 2nd string qb.  From what i am seeing on the sideline.....AA doesnt have much team support...which makes me wonder.....I think AA purposely threw his rollout intereption today because they arent blocking  for him.  BB is in a catch 22 situation in that Long may want him to be a patron and play Allen because of his dad's allegiance to the program....which means that Long knows it may come back on him for playing him. Just speculating, but this could be the whole issue with the team...if they think he is only able to play because of dad. I think the team knows who should be the quarterback......and AA isnt the one...which means that the team will quit easily if anything goes wrong.  I just saw a more teamlike atmosphere on the field with the 2nd string qb involved. My opinion.

snoot hoggy hog

Bit of a reach but I did notice the team playing better when Kelley ran the offense. Could have been Muschamp dialing down the pressure.

hogsbeattexas

I have had two sources, one who works at the Foundation, confirm that the team doesn't like Allen because he's too arrogant, etc. 
#WPS

TeufelHog

It was obvious the blocking was better for CK.  Watch it again when he was in.

Hogindasticks

Possibly...with reps it will come.  I think BB is doing what he is told concerning AA via Long..via ...i do not believe he is the best quarterback on the squad after watching the spring workout  where they worked out side by side.  I believe the kids know it...which is the main problem here.

David†

I think your spot on here. Who's your source?

*sarcasm

Hogindasticks

I really think BB has the best intentions for the kids.   I enjoy him coaching the Razorbacks.  I think that next year will start a new chapter in Razorback football....when the politics can stay off the field.  If you let these guys coach and grind out the issues...we will have a great long term competitive program, but its not going to be done in a day....a year or a few years....takes decades to create a real long term dynasty.

Uberanubis

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 07, 2017, 10:42:43 pm
I really think BB has the best intentions for the kids.   I enjoy him coaching the Razorbacks.  I think that next year will start a new chapter in Razorback football....when the politics can stay off the field.  If you let these guys coach and grind out the issues...we will have a great long term competitive program, but its not going to be done in a day....a year or a few years....takes decades to create a real long term dynasty.

no one wants a long term of losing. if he tanks the rest of the season and we really go 3-9/ 0-8, teh U of A will burn if he is back again next year.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

ballz2thewall

what kind of clout does allen sr. have?

pics of long in a hotel room with a boy?
The rest of the frog.

Hogindasticks

I dont have a source....only from coaching AAU basketball for years myself and from what I am seeing on the field.  I really feal bad for Coach B if this is the problem.....but it will get better next year.

farmhawg

LMAO.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 07, 2017, 10:47:00 pm
I dont have a source....only from coaching AAU basketball for years myself and from what I am seeing on the field.  I really feal bad for Coach B if this is the problem.....but it will get better next year.

to be clear; you think all of what we see on the field is allen influence?

what about the defense?
The rest of the frog.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 07, 2017, 10:46:12 pm
what kind of clout does allen sr. have?

pics of long in a hotel room with a boy?

I lol'd

PygmalionEffect2

QuoteI have been watching a line that doesnt want to block for AA.....in my opinion...i think they blocked much better for the 2nd string qb.  From what i am seeing on the sideline.....AA doesnt have much team support...which makes me wonder.....I think AA purposely threw his rollout intereption today because they arent blocking  for him.  BB is in a catch 22 situation in that Long may want him to be a patron and play Allen because of his dad's allegiance to the program....which means that Long knows it may come back on him for playing him. Just speculating, but this could be the whole issue with the team...if they think he is only able to play because of dad. I think the team knows who should be the quarterback......and AA isnt the one...which means that the team will quit easily if anything goes wrong.  I just saw a more teamlike atmosphere on the field with the 2nd string qb involved. My opinion.

QuoteCBB quote from his post game news conference.  If he can go (AA), he will, but on the same account... um.... sometimes we just have to make some changes and see what that might provide us.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

ronmahony

Bert? Is that you Bert?
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Torqued pork

AA might be the least liked.player on the team, but his teammates have only a brief time in their life to play college ball and all would like to think they have the potential to play pro ball. Dogging it out because you don't like one of your teammates wouldn't make much sense.

Hogindasticks

Look at angles Allen was looking at during his pic 6 and you will see he had every intention of giving them the ball.  It wasnt hard to see.  Then he never tried to make amends from his mistake which is disturbing.  BB has to do what he is told concerning thia kid..dont think for a moment that this is his decision. 

code red

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 07, 2017, 10:23:16 pm
I have been watching a line that doesnt want to block for AA.....in my opinion...i think they blocked much better for the 2nd string qb.  From what i am seeing on the sideline.....AA doesnt have much team support...which makes me wonder.....I think AA purposely threw his rollout intereption today because they arent blocking  for him.  BB is in a catch 22 situation in that Long may want him to be a patron and play Allen because of his dad's allegiance to the program....which means that Long knows it may come back on him for playing him. Just speculating, but this could be the whole issue with the team...if they think he is only able to play because of dad. I think the team knows who should be the quarterback......and AA isnt the one...which means that the team will quit easily if anything goes wrong.  I just saw a more teamlike atmosphere on the field with the 2nd string qb involved. My opinion.
Holy Crap.  No.  His possible NFL career? 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Hogindasticks

A players effort will not be there if they think they are not getting the best opportunity to win games.

ronmahony

Quote from: hogsbeattexas on October 07, 2017, 10:28:26 pm
I have had two sources, one who works at the Foundation, confirm that the team doesn't like Allen because he's too arrogant, etc. 

Or two whiney. I know he is having a rough time, getting hit and hurried, but man those facial expressions he makes. Reminds me of a spoiled kid when he doesn't get his way. That is no way for the QB and captain to act. For years I have heard he was a better QB than Brandon. Well I wasn't too impressed with Brandon until his last year. But I was always impressed with Brandon's toughness. I just don't believe Austin has that. Or at least he doesn't act like it.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

sowmonella

When Cole was in it was mostly against SC's 2nd string. They were also playing a very deep zone to keep everything in front of them. Cole has a chance to be a good one.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Hogindasticks

AA attitude on the field is because he knows they arent trying to block for him.

Hogindasticks

When cole played before tonight....line was better for him as well.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 07, 2017, 10:57:26 pm
A players effort will not be there if they think they are not getting the best opportunity to win games.

Co-sign.

CK is the QB the team feels gives them the best chance at winning.

It affects defense as well.

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hogindasticks

I think AA likes to camp in the pocket.....but if i were a oc....i would be drawing up more plays to make him get rid of it quicker...which they are not.

Hogindasticks

Hogindasticks

If you notice...they run different sets with CK......they dont even try to run with AA

bville_hog

Quote from: ronmahony on October 07, 2017, 10:58:51 pm
Or two whiney. I know he is having a rough time, getting hit and hurried, but man those facial expressions he makes. Reminds me of a spoiled kid when he doesn't get his way. That is no way for the QB and captain to act. For years I have heard he was a better QB than Brandon. Well I wasn't too impressed with Brandon until his last year. But I was always impressed with Brandon's toughness. I just don't believe Austin has that. Or at least he doesn't act like it.

He gets hit because he holds the ball too long and moves very awkwardly in the pocket.  I know he is not that slow, but watch him...he never escapes. Compare him to other qb's and it is obvious.  Kelly got the ball away quickly and moved when he felt pressure.  Something all ab's not named AA do.

HogAlum99

ronmahony

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 07, 2017, 10:55:39 pm
Look at angles Allen was looking at during his pic 6 and you will see he had every intention of giving them the ball.  It wasnt hard to see.  Then he never tried to make amends from his mistake which is disturbing.  BB has to do what he is told concerning thia kid..dont think for a moment that this is his decision. 

I can believe a lot of things, but I just can't imagine a college QB purposely throwing an interception. Not unless he has money bet on the game or something crazy like that.

Hogindasticks

They are going to have to run screens slants and bubble screens to be able to score against alabama....gotta get it out of AA hands asap

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 07, 2017, 11:06:22 pm
They are going to have to run screens slants and bubble screens to be able to score against alabama....gotta get it out of AA hands asap

you're right about that.

one thing kelly did today was get rid of the ball quickly.
The rest of the frog.

Hogindasticks

Why do we not run screens when there is pressure?

Hogindasticks

I have not seen any relief for AA if the play breaks

Kevin

ck also steps up in the pocket. our starter never does that.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hogindasticks

Redirection seems not to be in the OC playbook.....if you watched A&M tonight...they didnt try to run thru the line....they ran around...whenever we run misdirection plays we do well.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

With how bad the oline play is I've wonder why we don't play offense more like how Kansas city does in the NFL?
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Hogindasticks

I see a lot of small things that could be done to get the ball outta AA hands...

Hogindasticks

If you dont have a very good O Line.....how do you score...spread the defense out.....its exactly what A&M did to Alabama tonight

Frontrowhog

This may be the dumbest thing I've read all day.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 07, 2017, 11:16:37 pm
If you dont have a very good O Line.....how do you score...spread the defense out.....its exactly what A&M did to Alabama tonight

agreed. particularly in the zone.
The rest of the frog.

BassinHawg

This isn't the first time I have heard this theory.

I think everyone is getting tired of the Allen Legacy. I hope if either Brandon or Austin have a son that I am long gone when they are old enough to play college football. If not I hope they don't play for Arkansas!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 07, 2017, 11:09:37 pm
Why do we not run screens when there is pressure?

The million dollar question neither Brett nor Enos has ever answered with any clarity.

Hogindasticks

Malazon lives off of misdirection.....cant be two places at once

ballz2thewall

Quote from: BroyledNutts on October 07, 2017, 11:19:43 pm
The million dollar question neither Brett nor Enos has ever answered with any clarity.

cheney's excuse was that our OL couldn't handle it.
The rest of the frog.

HogAlum99

Quote from: Frontrowhog on October 07, 2017, 11:17:09 pm
This may be the dumbest thing I've read all day.

All day??? I was thinking this may be the dumbest thing I've read in my life!!!

Hogindasticks

I really believe BB and the OC are waiting for this legacy to end.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 07, 2017, 11:21:08 pm

Stars really do matter ... assuming proper coaching, of course.

Honestly, if you are a lineman and come from a high school that runs a HUNH, zone read, or motion, how are you not capable of handling slants and bubbles? Shouldn't you already be intimately familiar with blocking the quick pass offense? Doesn't that say that you're not really D1 caliber talent?

Hogindasticks

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 07, 2017, 11:21:08 pm

That makes a ton of sense...run the receivers away from the ball and throw a screen and watch what happens....Petrino does it all the time.

Hogindasticks

So many dead set against BB.....smh