Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn game is going to be ugly...

Started by hawganatic, October 07, 2017, 12:09:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawganatic

We play Bama next week and Auburn the week after.  It's looking like we could be on the bad side of an ugly score in both of those games.  I think we win today, but if we don't it could get really bad.

There's really only three teams in the SEC right now I consider to be good teams:  Bama, Auburn, Georgia.

We still have a good shot at a 4-4 or 5-3 conference record, IF we win today...

Hogz87

Yeah, unfortunately Auburn is legit this year.  At least right now they look more legit than they did last year and they ended up being pretty salty last year, too.

nwahogfan1

I was going to ask the question can we hold either Auburn and Bama under 50?    and can we score 21 on either?

Auburn, Bama and Georgia looks as good as any one in the country.  If Florida had an offense they might be up there.

rhames

Yeah I think the goal should be win today. Get through next week without injury. Maybe.......MAYBE Give auburn a close game then get on a streak after that.

Ole miss is bad.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

gchamblee

we arent gonna keep it close against auburn. might as well start taking whatever steps you need to take to reach acceptance of that fact.

The_Iceman

Auburn has one of the best O-lines in the SEC. And they added two 5-stars in their last class. They are a power running juggernaut,  and now they have a QB with an arm.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 07, 2017, 12:20:25 pm
Auburn has one of the best O-lines in the SEC. And they added two 5-stars in their last class. They are a power running juggernaut,  and now they have a QB with an arm.
Thank goodness we didn't want no part of that ole Gussy Mal-A-Zahn.

longpig

There could be a lot of ugly in all our games this season.  It's more about # of embarrassments and less than 3 is an improvement.  Or Bret Arnold will GTF out of the way on game day and let Rhoads and Enos lead the charge.
Don't be scared, be smart.

AubFaninArk

To be fair...Ole Miss is really bad and playing with no heart now.

hawganatic

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on October 07, 2017, 12:22:18 pm

Gus is a good coach when he has the players he needs and can move them around.  He's shown in several previous seasons that if he doesn't have an already developed QB, or a freak athlete at QB, that he is pretty mediocre.  This season he has a QB that he could plug in and didn't have to develop.

He's shown nothing at Auburn to make me think he would have done any better at Arkansas than BB has.

hawganatic

Quote from: longpig on October 07, 2017, 12:23:43 pm
There could be a lot of ugly in all our games this season.  It's more about # of embarrassments this season and less than 3 is an improvement.  Or Bret Arnold will GTF out of the way on game day and let Rhoads and Enos lead the charge.

Ignorant/short sided statement.  There's only two teams that are head and shoulders better than us (Alabama and Auburn).  Every other game is very winnable.

gchamblee

i still dont

micali

Man I hate AU!  I can take getting beat by Bama but not those aholes.  I hope something clicks after this game and we can beat that dirt bag team

longpig

Quote from: hawganatic on October 07, 2017, 12:27:26 pm
Ignorant/short sided statement.  There's only two teams that are head and shoulders better than us (Alabama and Auburn).  Every other game is very winnable.

Well you don't have to be a meany head about it.

870hogfan

Porkchop#1

Quote from: hawganatic on October 07, 2017, 12:25:18 pm
Gus is a good coach when he has the players he needs and can move them around.  He's shown in several previous seasons that if he doesn't have an already developed QB, or a freak athlete at QB, that he is pretty mediocre.  This season he has a QB that he could plug in and didn't have to develop.

He's shown nothing at Auburn to make me think he would have done any better at Arkansas than BB has.
Then please allow me to introduce last year's Awbarn/Arkansas game as exhibit "A".

It was an awful game, they beat us 56 to 3!  Seems like they went 70-80 yards untouched for TD's on each of their first 5 plays.  Maybe they did that hurry up HUHN jazz and was snapping the ball before our defense was aware they needed to be on the football field.

Piggfoot

Quote from: hawganatic on October 07, 2017, 12:25:18 pm

I really don't understand some of you people.
Some talk about a coach not being able to develop players. I say it is more important to get developed talented players to come to your school and play for you.
Some say if Saban were to come to Ark then he would bring more good players or would he develop our 3 stars and beat another teams 5 stars.
Some of you talk out of both sides of your mouth.
The facts are Arkansas' leaders i.e. FB made the greatest if his many mistakes by not retaining Malzahn. Why because the Nuttster was his minion while Frank pulled the strings.
Frank's ego could not let him believe there could be a better coach in Arkansas than he.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

ricepig

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on October 07, 2017, 12:39:15 pm
Then please allow me to introduce last year's Awbarn/Arkansas game as exhibit "A".

It was an awful game, they beat us 56 to 3!  Seems like they went 70-80 yards untouched for TD's on each of their first 5 plays.  Maybe they did that hurry up HUHN jazz and was snapping the ball before our defense was aware they needed to be on the football field.

So, he has the same recruiting classes at Auburn as we do, who knew?

Al Boarland

Don't worry, guys. Heard this game was circled.  If you circle a game it doesn't matter how much better the team is.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: ricepig on October 07, 2017, 12:41:27 pm
So, he has the same recruiting classes at Auburn as we do, who knew?
I would say to embrace the mediocrity Jeffy, but 10-23 is a far cry from mediocrity.

And Awbarn's recruiting is not 56-3 better than ours either.  You'll have to pull a different excuse out of your keister.

jcbville

So many here have such wide emotional swings game to game, even when its other teams playing, that I do not know how you don't all have heart attacks.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: hawganatic on October 07, 2017, 12:09:00 pm
We play Bama next week and Auburn the week after.  It's looking like we could be on the bad side of an ugly score in both of those games.  I think we win today, but if we don't it could get really bad.

There's really only three teams in the SEC right now I consider to be good teams:  Bama, Auburn, Georgia.

We still have a good shot at a 4-4 or 5-3 conference record, IF we win today...
honestly Im not trying to be a smart A or anything like that but the Bama and Auburn games could result in the Hogs givng up 100 pts.  I could legitimately see us giving up 50+ each game based on what we have seen this season from the defense.  The offense could most likely be stymied and have a lot of 3 and outs which makes the defense have to play a lot of plays.  Fatigue sets in after a while and then the running games of Bama and Auburn start flexing their muscles and before you know it, its a rout.

Watching how Auburn is gashing Ole Mrs with long runs and remembering last year and the 500+ yards Auburn had against us on the ground, those 2 games could be extremely ugly. 

My hope is for some timely turnovers to come our way which lead to some short fields and some easy (well nothing will be easy against Bama) points.   Otherwise,.....well......its gonna be a tough couple of weeks those two games.

ricepig

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on October 07, 2017, 12:45:44 pm
I would say to embrace the mediocrity Jeffy, but 10-23 is a far cry from mediocrity.

I didn't think you would have a reply, facts tend to do that. Our record wasn't the question, recruiting classes was. Nice move of the goal posts.

Hog-Corleone

Ole Miss is having a John L Smith year...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

Hawgphish

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on October 07, 2017, 12:54:39 pm
I am loving every minute of it.  I grew up in the memphis area.  At an early age, I had to choose a side of the fence.  I chose the I hate Ole Miss side.  Go Hogs and whoever is playing Ole Miss.

Rayzback

Flopping around like a fish out of water...
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on October 07, 2017, 12:45:44 pm

And Awbarn's recruiting is not 56-3 better than ours either.  You'll have to pull a different excuse out of your keister.

when you look at our defense and the lack of speed and how they have to play at least 10 yards off of the receivers for fear of being blown by and beaten for a big gain pass play and when you see how even a Sun Belt team came in and pushed our DLine around on the field, yes I think Auburn's recruiting IS 56-3 better than we are.  Just look at Auburn physically when they are on the field with the Hogs.  They just look bigger and stronger and its obvious they are faster.  That is the difference between one team that consistently recruits in the top 5 of the SEC and the other team consistently recruiting the 10th-13th best recruiting class in the conference.

Even the announcers today for the Ole Mrs v Auburn game today just said that in the SEC, there is a tremendous difference between the "haves" and the "have nots."  Well I dont consider Arkansas one of the "haves." 

Porkchop#1

Quote from: ricepig on October 07, 2017, 12:53:07 pm
I didn't think you would have a reply, facts tend to do that. Our record wasn't the question, recruiting classes was. Nice move of the goal posts.
That's easy enough to believe. Was our recruiting better than Gussy's in 2015 when we beat them?

Everything is based on recruiting in your opinion, right?

Or is it just a convenient excuse for you to trot out.

redneckfriend

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on October 07, 2017, 12:52:35 pm
honestly Im not trying to be a smart A or anything like that but the Bama and Auburn games could result in the Hogs givng up 100 pts.  I could legitimately see us giving up 50+ each game based on what we have seen this season from the defense.  The offense could most likely be stymied and have a lot of 3 and outs which makes the defense have to play a lot of plays.  Fatigue sets in after a while and then the running games of Bama and Auburn start flexing their muscles and before you know it, its a rout.

Watching how Auburn is gashing Ole Mrs with long runs and remembering last year and the 500+ yards Auburn had against us on the ground, those 2 games could be extremely ugly. 

My hope is for some timely turnovers to come our way which lead to some short fields and some easy (well nothing will be easy against Bama) points.   Otherwise,.....well......its gonna be a tough couple of weeks those two games.

Pretty sure that's how it'll turn out- two really bad losses. Auburn can run at will against a bad defense and their pass rush is devastating against good teams, I don't even want to think about what they will do against this O-line. Alabama will just do whatever they want. Rather than turnovers I think the one thing that might save Arkansas from real embarrassment is if they are both flat or overconfident- the way some of these good teams play against their early season cupcakes. That is what we have become- a cupcake for Alabama and Auburn.

hawgbawb

Auburn always out recruits Arkansas. I wish we could get a top ten class every year or three, then see how it goes.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

KlubhouseKonnected

Gus has to have other people's players. He sucks at development. Auburn has so many transfers contributing. Good for them I guess.

I'd hate to rely on that Pedo try to do it all on his own tho.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Hawg414

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 07, 2017, 12:20:25 pm

what??  we've been told for years that all he does is sling it all over the field with his gimmicky offense that wont work outside of high school.

longpig

Hogs made a field goal last year? 

KlubhouseKonnected

Glad to have you back Walt. You still a fat stupid phuk?

lasthog

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on October 07, 2017, 12:54:39 pm

Like if SMU playef while they were serving the death penalty.

Rayzback

Come on Choklahoma, you can lose this!
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Al Boarland

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on October 07, 2017, 01:13:52 pm
Gus has to have other people's players. He sucks at development. Auburn has so many transfers contributing. Good for them I guess.

I'd hate to rely on that Pedo try to do it all on his own tho.

Is it not the coordinators and position coaches that develop players? I sure as heck don't give CBB credit or blame for development outside of the coaches he hires.

Porked Tongue

Bring on the Guzinites.  I ain't scared.

When they come to town, maybe Gus can visit with that secretary he likes so well at Cross Church.

The_Iceman

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on October 07, 2017, 01:25:45 pm
Glad to have you back Walt. You still a fat stupid phuk?

That fat phuk posts on Hogville?

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Al Boarland on October 07, 2017, 12:43:54 pm
Don't worry, guys. Heard this game was circled.  If you circle a game it doesn't matter how much better the team is.
All Gas, No Brakes!

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Al Boarland on October 07, 2017, 01:37:57 pm
Is it not the coordinators and position coaches that develop players? I sure as heck don't give CBB credit or blame for development outside of the coaches he hires.

You would have to do the history on CBB but after awhile you look at the common denominator

bennyl08

MSU looked really good too, beating up on an LSU team that couldn't even beat Troy.

Auburn has yet to play anybody good themselves and don't forget, they were barely able to beat an FCS team.

I wouldn't recommend anybody go all aboard the gus bus until they beat somebody who will actually make a bowl game.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

KlubhouseKonnected

East TN HAWG

[/quote]
Quote from: hawgbawb on October 07, 2017, 01:09:30 pm
Auburn always out recruits Arkansas. I wish we could get a top ten class every year or three, then see how it goes.

I think Auburn i$ one of tho$e $chool$ that have more $upport on the recruiting front. Mi$$i$$ippi i$ another.  There i$ no way they run a clean program.

Al Boarland

Quote from: bennyl08 on October 07, 2017, 01:51:49 pm
MSU looked really good too, beating up on an LSU team that couldn't even beat Troy.

Auburn has yet to play anybody good themselves and don't forget, they were barely able to beat an FCS team.

I wouldn't recommend anybody go all aboard the gus bus until they beat somebody who will actually make a bowl game.

You are missing a key factor. Are we any good? We aren't good at D. Their D is legit.  That's not good for our O.

247Hog

So glad Jordan Rodgers is doing the AU/OM game today. Not sure i can take anymore of him talking about himself.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

hawganatic

So you are telling me that a Guz Malzahn coached Arkansas team would be blowing people out that same way?  He has a lot better athletes to work with at Auburn.

hawganatic

Quote from: Al Boarland on October 07, 2017, 01:37:57 pm

So who have you seen Malzahn develop as a coordinator?  Surely you don't think Cam Newton became Cam Newton because of his coordinator that year...