Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Respect for Anderson in light of FBI probe

Started by Fan701, September 27, 2017, 06:06:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

theFlyingHog

I wonder if there have been or will be any head coaches get canned for an assistants actions that they really didn't know anything about. I'd sue

Paul

Quote from: Fan701 on September 27, 2017, 09:24:46 pm
OK, but if they've been cheating, they're not very good at it.  I can't think of one five-star going to S. Carolina, i.e., not one recruit a shoe company would be interested in paying.
before leaving for Ok St Evans was responsible for getting Thornwell & Dozier who led them to their 1st Final Four in school history.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 30, 2017, 06:48:59 am
I wonder if there have been or will be any head coaches get canned for an assistants actions that they really didn't know anything about. I'd sue

You would lose.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Paul on September 30, 2017, 09:39:58 am
before leaving for Ok St Evans was responsible for getting Thornwell & Dozier who led them to their 1st Final Four in school history.

Yes so I don't understand why South Carolina is free from the FBI investigation.  Maybe the NCAA will find enough to put some banning in place. 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 30, 2017, 12:54:39 pm
Yes so I don't understand why South Carolina is free from the FBI investigation.  Maybe the NCAA will find enough to put some banning in place.

The FBI is not done yet.
Hogs up! Covid down!

ShadowHawg

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 30, 2017, 12:54:39 pm

I don't think any school is under investigation, just individuals at this point. Right now, Oklahoma St is taking the PR black eye but when the charges against their coach come out and possibly include Carolina I have a feeling that Martin will have his final four vacated among other things.

The NCAA ramifications are going to trail the FBI case. Be patient.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: rude1 on September 29, 2017, 09:30:58 am
This is also why CMA keeps a close knit group on his coaching staff, this is exhibit A why he wouldn't do as some wanted him to do, go out and get himself an assistant who had a rep for recruiting, you don't know how the guy is doing it and ultimately could get you into the situation we see today.

This shouldn't surprise anyone though, how many years have we all sit here and discussed the dirt affiliated with the AAU circuit, the "handlers", "father figures", "aau coaches", etc. that had to be waded through to get to the top level recruits? Nolan complained about this when the AAU circuit first started to come into prominence, and yet it took this long and the Feds to step in to begin and try and clean this cesspool up.

This!

I keep hearing people say "all it takes is one dirty assistant coach" to bring it all down for the entire program.  There is absolutely no way that the head coaches do not know what is going on if their assistants are doing that.  The HC is most likely managing the assistant and telling him what to do in most scenarios.  You do not just have assistants going rogue and handling this dirty business all on their own.  This is why I feel confident about us, because Mike would not allow his assistants to do this, probably would not even hire the ones that would even think about it.

The reason some of y'all think that HCs do not know about it in some instances is because the HC always comes out and says "I had absolutely no clue that that was going on and would of put a quick stop to it if I had known....".  Well obviously they are going to say that, what do you think they are going to say??  "I knew all about this, go ahead and fire me, tarnish my entire career, and make sure I can never get a HC job again" ???
SCREW Vandy!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 30, 2017, 02:52:54 pm
I don't think any school is under investigation, just individuals at this point. Right now, Oklahoma St is taking the PR black eye but when the charges against their coach come out and possibly include Carolina I have a feeling that Martin will have his final four vacated among other things.

The NCAA ramifications are going to trail the FBI case. Be patient.

Cause I was going to say, based on an article I read, Lamont Evans did more wrong at USC than OSU. 

MountieDawg

Less than 5 percent of the schools in Division I college basketball have been named by the FBI probe, so all those schools deserve much respect for doing it the right way too????
SEC!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: MountieDawg on October 06, 2017, 12:15:00 pm
Less than 5 percent of the schools in Division I college basketball have been named by the FBI probe, so all those schools deserve much respect for doing it the right way too????

The investigation continues...... Be afraid cat boy. Be very afraid. I'll bet Cal and his bagmen are busier than a cat covering up shh.
Hogs up! Covid down!

MountieDawg

October 06, 2017, 12:26:45 pm #60 Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 02:50:10 pm by MountieDawg
Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 06, 2017, 12:18:24 pm
The investigation continues...... Be afraid cat boy. Be very afraid. I'll bet Cal and his bagmen are busier than a cat covering up shh.

With in the last 15 years I can only think of one school who lost 2 NCAA Championships due to an FBI invstigation.  But I cant remember the school, can you?
SEC!

Athog

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on September 27, 2017, 10:38:42 am
Now come on, all I hear on this forum is that doing it the right way is the mantra for losers.

You know the old Hogville way is "fire them as soon as you can" and put the attention on me the unknown poster!

MountieDawg

Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 06, 2017, 12:18:24 pm

Here it is...

http://es.pn/1nBjuaY

SEC!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: MountieDawg on October 07, 2017, 01:07:02 pm
Here it is...

http://es.pn/1nBjuaY

Sorry cat boy, the statute of limitations ran on that almost a decade ago. Is that the best you got?
Hogs up! Covid down!