Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Life

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 30, 2017, 10:37:32 pm
He has been saying to for a month now. But he has no source

We'll see when it goes down.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hoglady on November 30, 2017, 11:40:53 pm
I think he'll do great.
If we bomb out on ours, in a couple of years we'll be wishing we'd had the sense to hire him.
cant disagree. Leach is the man.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Matt Burks on November 30, 2017, 10:24:48 pm
I thought I heard that Long wanted him (obviously before Long was fired)?

I was told that Long said he would never hire Mike Leach.  That was before Bret was hired.
Retired Radio Host

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 01, 2017, 12:13:28 am
I was told that Long said he would never hire Mike Leach.  That was before Bret was hired.
I wonder if ole Long will ever get hired anywhere again. i bet not.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Murr

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 30, 2017, 10:33:53 pm
Bro we got Mike Norvell and that #1 offense. Plus his recruiting skill and ties are perfect for us.

Norvell or Kiffin would work for me.  Venerables too.

The Boar War

Quote from: Paul on November 30, 2017, 11:26:52 pm
The hardest thing Leach will have to deal with is the crazy expectations of a program like Tenn with its history of natl championships & its demanding fan base. He hasn’t had to deals with that taking over programs that had bottomed out & were happy just to be competitive

And there it is.  Can you imagine what these hillbillies will do when he starts talking pirates in the middle of a 4-8 rebuild season?  They nearly executed Jones for his "championship of life" talk.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: shshark00 on November 30, 2017, 10:12:57 pm
This is borderline depressing. How the hell does a school screw up a coaching search as badly and as many times as UT did, and still end up with probably the best coach of all the other options before him?

Sometimes God just smiles on you.... I promise you that houses of worship all over Tennessee are going to be full this Saturday and Sunday... 
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Redhogs

Quote from: Murr on December 01, 2017, 12:26:37 am
Norvell or Kiffin would work for me.  Venerables too.
Me too...and in that order. I think we are screwed though, as saint Gus is probably going to slink out of Auburn.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

3kgthog

I've never seen so much fawning over a coach that's barely above .500 at his current job. If he had the personality of Bobby Petrino, you'd throw a fit if he got hired here. I think you care more about winning the press conference than winning football games. If we're going to go that route, just hire Keith Jackson on the cheap and we'll get some truly inspirational pressers every Saturday.