Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trey Dickerson Updated (2014 Basketball)

Started by -Blu, February 18, 2014, 11:18:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorAg

Quote from: The real Hogules on February 23, 2014, 01:44:02 pm

I'm definitely not saying that Beard can't/won't be a quality PG, but there's a HUGE difference in playing on basically a HS all-star team that is head and shoulders better than most of the teams that they'll face and playing on the college level where every opponent has similar talent.

You need to also consider that he played PG all last Spring and Summer for his AAU team, which played against the best competition in the nation every game.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 23, 2014, 01:42:43 pm
A lot. Like, the all the home games.

Beard is the primary ball-handler, no doubt. 90%? Waay off.
This is correct.. their style is very similar to ours (which is why I don't get Allen not wanting to come here). Whoever gets the ball goes with it.

mhuff

Quote from: -Blu on February 22, 2014, 06:59:54 pm
Apparently that's the pitch he has been giving.  I just see Beard as a better player and getting more minutes.  Maybe it's because I've seen more film on him. 

Ditto..... Beard looks very comfortable as a PG. I have not seen Dickerson...Will watch clip

The_Iceman

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 23, 2014, 05:44:36 pm
This is correct.. their style is very similar to ours (which is why I don't get Allen not wanting to come here). Whoever gets the ball goes with it.

I dont think it's the style that make Allen hesitant,  its the fact we havent been a relevant program in 15 years.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 23, 2014, 07:15:35 pm
I dont think it's the style that make Allen hesitant,  its the fact we havent been a relevant program in 15 years.

Doesn't he know we won at Miss St yesterday, first time in 12 years.

The Hogfather

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 23, 2014, 07:15:35 pm

Weak.  Come help change it.  Don't take the easy way out.  Actually make a difference.

-Blu

Trey Dickerson will be on the Hog Call (99.5) tomorrow (Monday) @ 1:15 to discuss his recruitment with Arkansas.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 23, 2014, 09:31:13 pm
Weak.  Come help change it.  Don't take the easy way out.  Actually make a difference.

Kids don't think like that unless they love the university (Portis). It's not wrong or right -- it just is what it is. It's to be expected when the young men have never known the program to be of any real relevance. They've seen programs like Florida, UConn and Kansas (Allen's alleged top 3) have a tremendous amount of success.

Marshfieldhog

I would much rather go to a place to restore glory than just be another stud in a far distant place.

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 23, 2014, 10:50:56 pm
Kids don't think like that unless they love the university (Portis). It's not wrong or right -- it just is what it is. It's to be expected when the young men have never known the program to be of any real relevance. They've seen programs like Florida, UConn and Kansas (Allen's alleged top 3) have a tremendous amount of success.

For what it's worth, Jerry Meyer the director of 247 sports made a prediction a couple days ago for Kevaugn Allen to sign with Arkansas.  While some analyst do follow other analyst or writers for their predictions, Jerry Meyer is usually in the know and doesn't do follow predictions, he usually has some sort of information before he makes a prediction.  He's one of the few recruiting guys, I actually pay attention to because he knows his stuff.  So, I guess we can take that for what it's worth.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: -Blu on February 23, 2014, 11:09:46 pm
For what it's worth, Jerry Meyer the director of 247 sports made a prediction a couple days ago for Kevaugn Allen to sign with Arkansas.  While some analyst do follow other analyst or writers for their predictions, Jerry Meyer is usually in the know and doesn't do follow predictions, he usually has some sort of information before he makes a prediction.  He's one of the few recruiting guys, I actually pay attention to because he knows his stuff.  So, I guess we can take that for what it's worth.
I just looked and all 7 crystal ball picks are for the Hogs including Meyer and others very recently predicting Allen to the Hogs. He's a great fit, I wasn't blown away the few times I watched him in person but that's the type of game he has. You won't notice him and then all of a sudden he's dunked home 2 straight alley oops and then hit back to back 3's.
I noticed his profile on 247 says he's 6'2 165. I'll defer to Hawg Red, but I thought he looked much, much bigger than that. Beard is listed at 6' 180 and I can't see any way that he has 15 lbs on Allen. However big Allen is, it is toned nicely. His arms are ripped, especially for a jr. in HS. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 24, 2014, 02:26:31 am
I just looked and all 7 crystal ball picks are for the Hogs including Meyer and others very recently predicting Allen to the Hogs. He's a great fit, I wasn't blown away the few times I watched him in person but that's the type of game he has. You won't notice him and then all of a sudden he's dunked home 2 straight alley oops and then hit back to back 3's.
I noticed his profile on 247 says he's 6'2 165. I'll defer to Hawg Red, but I thought he looked much, much bigger than that. Beard is listed at 6' 180 and I can't see any way that he has 15 lbs on Allen. However big Allen is, it is toned nicely. His arms are ripped, especially for a jr. in HS. 

A picture of them side by side:

onebadrubi

Allen is definitely bigger than beard... 

Is it just me or is Allen's recruitment kind of silent compared to what I would expect?

Hawg Red

Quote from: -Blu on February 23, 2014, 11:09:46 pm

Jerry Meyer is very knowledgeable, but he's not above changing his prediction. Have seen him do it multiple times. I hope Allen ends up a Hog but I just doubt these recruiting guys have better sources than the people close to Allen, who are supposedly putting this info out there. At any rate, I'll hope he's a Hog until he signs with us or someone else. Guess we'll see in in the fall.

Hawg Red

I'd imagine Allen weighs more than 165 at this point. I'd given him 6'2-'63 on height. I could see Beard and Allen weighing about the same.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 24, 2014, 08:22:35 am
I'd imagine Allen weighs more than 165 at this point. I'd given him 6'2-'63 on height. I could see Beard and Allen weighing about the same.

According to that picture, if Allen is between 6'2"-"6'3", then Beard is a solid 6'0" minimum, which is good considering most skeptics say hes 5'10".

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 24, 2014, 09:19:31 am
According to that picture, if Allen is between 6'2"-"6'3", then Beard is a solid 6'0" minimum, which is good considering most skeptics say hes 5'10".
He was in between 5'11 and 6' last summer without shoes at the LBJ camp
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 24, 2014, 08:17:51 am
Jerry Meyer is very knowledgeable, but he's not above changing his prediction. Have seen him do it multiple times. I hope Allen ends up a Hog but I just doubt these recruiting guys have better sources than the people close to Allen, who are supposedly putting this info out there. At any rate, I'll hope he's a Hog until he signs with us or someone else. Guess we'll see in in the fall.

I didn't say anything about him changing picks, if he gets some info telling him otherwise I'm sure he will change his pick, but as of a couple days ago some information made him comfortable making that prediction for the moment.  And to be honest with you, I would take information from a recruiting analyst with the resume of Jerry Meyer over a "source close to him" because most of that is just usually hearsay.  Sources close to Beard, according to hogville, said he was an LSU lock, then like a couple weeks later he committed to the hogs.  Sources close to Jamal Jones said he was going to commit on his visit to Arkansas, then right after his visit here he committed to Texas A&M.

Point is with Kevaughn Allen, we haven't heard anything from him as far as who his tops teams are, he's been very quite on his end about his recruitment. All people are going off of right now is a guy said he talked to his assistant coach, and rumors from people around little rock, that probably don't even know him personally.

Hawg Red

Quote from: -Blu on February 24, 2014, 09:58:41 am
I didn't say anything about him changing picks, if he gets some info telling him otherwise I'm sure he will change his pick, but as of a couple days ago some information made him comfortable making that prediction for the moment.  And to be honest with you, I would take information from a recruiting analyst with the resume of Jerry Meyer over a "source close to him" because most of that is just usually hearsay.  Sources close to Beard, according to hogville, said he was an LSU lock, then like a couple weeks later he committed to the hogs.  Sources close to Jamal Jones said he was going to commit on his visit to Arkansas, then right after his visit here he committed to Texas A&M.

The Beard to LSU thing was one poster on Hogville and not even a trustworthy one. I wouldn't compare that to what's going on with Allen.

Quote from: -Blu on February 24, 2014, 09:58:41 amPoint is with Kevaughn Allen, we haven't heard anything from him as far as who his tops teams are, he's been very quite on his end about his recruitment. All people are going off of right now is a guy said he talked to his assistant coach, and rumors from people around little rock, that probably don't even know him personally.

Some of us are going off more than that. Some aren't. I can only say that I trust my info, where it's coming from and how close it is the situation.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 24, 2014, 10:04:49 am
The Beard to LSU thing was one poster on Hogville and not even a trustworthy one. I wouldn't compare that to what's going on with Allen.

Some of us are going off more than that. Some aren't. I can only say that I trust my info, where it's coming from and how close it is the situation.

I apologize, but I missed your info.  Mind sharing it again?  Like I mentioned earlier, I have heard absolutely nothing on Allen. 

mhuff

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 24, 2014, 02:26:31 am

Hope you r right brother

poloprince

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 23, 2014, 05:44:36 pm

I live in LR and work with an immediate family member. Him not wanting to come to Ark is completely false info.
$PoLoPrInCe$

RazorAg

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 24, 2014, 09:19:31 am

I've posted this many times and once in the past few weeks.  Last summer he was 5'11 1/2 with shoes.

http://www.nikeeyb.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/2013-LeBron-alphabetical1-High-School-Roster.pdf

So, depending how the skeptics define height (shoes or without shoes), 5'10 could be accurate.

My personal opinion is that KeVaughn's height has been inflated some.  I think he's 6'2 at most.  Not a big deal at the college level, though, b/c he plays bigger than 6'2 due to his length and athleticism.

RazorAg

Also, there is a lot floating around lately about Allen's recruitment.  The kid is quiet but the one's around him aren't.  I've heard good and not as good as we want for the Hogs from different types of people around him.

Too early to spend a lot of energy on it.  This Spring/Summer is when it should shake out.

Hawg Red

Quote from: poloprince on February 24, 2014, 12:52:37 pm

I live in LR and work with an immediate family member. Him not wanting to come to Ark is completely false info.

Be more clear.

Are you saying Arkansas is his #1 school, or just that he hasn't completely ruled Arkansas out?

Arkansas being in, say, his top 10 would mean he doesn't not want to come to Arkansas.

poloprince

Quote from: -Blu on February 24, 2014, 09:58:41 am

Point is with Kevaughn Allen, we haven't heard anything from him as far as who his tops teams are, he's been very quite on his end about his recruitment. All people are going off of right now is a guy said he talked to his assistant coach, and rumors from people around little rock, that probably don't even know him personally.

And you want hear much from him about his recruitment until he decides because he and his family are well aware of the some of the silly people in Ark fan base. 
$PoLoPrInCe$

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 24, 2014, 06:37:59 am
A picture of them side by side:

Thanks for posting. I'd say Allen has some lbs on Beard.

I'm hoping to catch one of NLR's playoff games. You're a Fayetteville guy Iceman, is that where they're being held again this year/ The 7a will be a blast to watch.

Also, I'll be in Greenwood to watch Parkview for the first time this year. Even with recruiting, I'm amazed Parkview could lose Beard/Ready and be better this year. Shows how much bball talent LR is producing.

ricepig

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 24, 2014, 01:56:36 pm
Thanks for posting. I'd say Allen has some lbs on Beard.

I'm hoping to catch one of NLR's playoff games. You're a Fayetteville guy Iceman, is that where they're being held again this year/ The 7a will be a blast to watch.

Also, I'll be in Greenwood to watch Parkview for the first time this year. Even with recruiting, I'm amazed Parkview could lose Beard/Ready and be better this year. Shows how much bball talent LR is producing.
7A is in Conway.

Nipsey Mussle

-Blu

Trey Dickerson Interview is up @ http://www.hogsportsradio.com/

He sounded pretty excited about Arkansas, and said we will definitely get a visit once his season is done.  One thing, I noticed, don't know if he did this for Arkansas fans because he was on Arkansas radio but, they asked him about the other schools he would visit, and he said "It's really up in the air, probably Iowa, Nebraska, UAB, but definitely Arkansas the rest is up in the air."

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: -Blu on February 24, 2014, 02:21:27 pm
Trey Dickerson Interview is up @ http://www.hogsportsradio.com/

He sounded pretty excited about Arkansas, and said we will definitely get a visit once his season is done.  One thing, I noticed, don't know if he did this for Arkansas fans because he was on Arkansas radio but, they asked him about the other schools he would visit, and he said "It's really up in the air, probably Iowa, Nebraska, UAB, but definitely Arkansas the rest is up in the air."
The other schools don't exactly scare me. Sounds good for us, thanks for posting Blu.

-Blu

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 24, 2014, 02:22:40 pm
The other schools don't exactly scare me. Sounds good for us, thanks for posting Blu.

Washington, TCU, and Wichita State are all going to see him this week, so more offers are coming.  But, if that list holds up, you have to like our chances.  I think the key for us would be to get that first official visit, get it with Willie Atwood coming along as well, get their families to come along, and go ahead and get that commitment while they are here.  Because as the off-season gets closer and more people start to commit, some of the bigger named schools will start looking to fill roles, and you don't want a school like Louisville, coming in last minute.

Tim

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on February 23, 2014, 11:07:53 pm
I would much rather go to a place to restore glory than just be another stud in a far distant place.
It is a shame you are not a prized recruit then.  Otherwise your opinion doesn't much matter, does it? 

Swinesong1

Quote from: -Blu on February 24, 2014, 02:40:45 pm
Washington, TCU, and Wichita State are all going to see him this week, so more offers are coming.  But, if that list holds up, you have to like our chances.  I think the key for us would be to get that first official visit, get it with Willie Atwood coming along as well, get their families to come along, and go ahead and get that commitment while they are here.  Because as the off-season gets closer and more people start to commit, some of the bigger named schools will start looking to fill roles, and you don't want a school like Louisville, coming in last minute.
Funny you should mention Louisville because they are now looking at Atwood.

-Blu

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 24, 2014, 03:13:07 pm
Funny you should mention Louisville because they are now looking at Atwood.

Yea, that's why I said their name, I seen they were starting to show interest in Atwood.  That's why it's good to get on these guys early and really establish a relationship and get them to commit.

Hawg Red

870hogfan

The_Iceman

Quote from: RazorAg on February 24, 2014, 12:52:47 pm
My personal opinion is that KeVaughn's height has been inflated some.  I think he's 6'2 at most.  Not a big deal at the college level, though, b/c he plays bigger than 6'2 due to his length and athleticism.

I would say he is comparable to Rickey Scott in terms of size, maybe just a tad shorter. Closer to 6'2" than 6'3"+. I remember seeing him play and from the stands he looks big on the floor: Long arms, great leaping ability, broad shoulders.

HF#1

I don't like our chances going up against Greg Marshall.  Hope we get Dickerson.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

mbgrulz

Quote from: HogFan#1 on February 25, 2014, 08:28:34 am
I don't like our chances going up against Greg Marshall.  Hope we get Dickerson.
Why?

Hawg Red

mbgrulz

mbgrulz

Quote from: CDBHawg on February 25, 2014, 10:00:39 am
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings
Obviously they are having success on the court, but I wondered if there was another reason why you were worried about him.

NLRHog92

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 24, 2014, 02:22:40 pm

Iowa has a good coach in Fran McCaffery, but I don't think he's much of a player's coach. He defends them, but he's made headlines this year for his outburst and also recently with telling his players to delete Twitter. I like our chances.

The_Iceman

klp1

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 25, 2014, 05:16:12 pm
Arkansas appears to be showing interest in JUCO PG Dequon Miller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyWA0TOm55o

this guy is listed 5'11 looks more like 5'8 to me

The Hogfather

Not sure I like this.  I want Atwood/Dickerson.