Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe Lunardi

Started by -Blu, January 15, 2014, 03:46:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

Is on sportstalk with bo right now discussing our chances to get into the NCAA tourney.  Said he expects us to be one of the SEC teams to be in the tourney and thinks we'll win just enough road games to get in.  Said in this next 5 game stretch we need to get at least 1 road win, and 11 or 12 wins should get us barring bad losses at home.  His updated bracket will come out tomorrow and he has us on first four out.

Fayettechill14

All the experts I'm hearing are saying 11-7 should do it as long as we win out at home (8-1 home) and beat the three worst road teams left on the schedule (Georgia, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt). A win over Alabama or LSU could be substituted for any of those.

Basically we have to win all home games, and can't take any terrible road losses. As of right now, Texas A&M doesn't quite qualify as a "terrible" road loss, so that's good news.

Taking one in the SEC Tournament would seal the deal.

Rome26

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on January 15, 2014, 03:56:32 pm
All the experts I'm hearing are saying 11-7 should do it as long as we win out at home (8-1 home) and beat the three worst road teams left on the schedule (Georgia, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt). A win over Alabama or LSU could be substituted for any of those.

Basically we have to win all home games, and can't take any terrible road losses. As of right now, Texas A&M doesn't quite qualify as a "terrible" road loss, so that's good news.

Taking one in the SEC Tournament would seal the deal.

23 wins and we're in

BigSexyHog

I am not getting excited yet.  Lets see how the next 5 games go.  BUT things could get very exciting quickly :)
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

BigSexyHog

I am not getting excited yet.  Lets see how the next 5 games go.  BUT things could get very exciting quickly :)

BigSexyHog

Hollywood_HOGan45

beat UGA on the road Saturday then we can start talking.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: BigSexyHog on January 15, 2014, 04:52:19 pm
If you say it a 4th time, I'm going to believe that you are excited lol

SPAL

We need to come out and just blow the doors off of UGA. But any kind if win will do. I bought into the hype going into AM. Won't happen again. Until they win in the road, I'm not seriously putting thought into us being an NCAAT team.

ICEman

Does having the potential for a human highlight reel in the tournament move us off the bubble?
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 15, 2014, 05:29:11 pm
We need to come out and just blow the doors off of UGA. But any kind if win will do. I bought into the hype going into AM. Won't happen again. Until they win in the road, I'm not seriously putting thought into us being an NCAAT team.
Good or bad, I feel like this team is different than others. I don't see the huge spark at home that the last 2 years had and I don't see the trembling knees like the previous 2 years displayed on the road.

However, I'm like you, until I see the non-Auburn road win I'm not getting my hopes up.