Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs, Cats, Tide against RPI top 50

Started by Franchise_Hog, February 25, 2006, 11:33:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Franchise_Hog

At LSU, at Tennessee, Florida at home.  If this happens, does 18-12 and 8-8 get them in?  I don't think it does this year unless they win 2 SEC tournament games.  Nothing would make me happier if they drop the next 3....unless we win the next 3 of course.

Go Hogs!

taintlint

Quote from: Franchise_Hog on February 25, 2006, 11:33:10 am
At LSU, at Tennessee, Florida at home.  If this happens, does 18-12 and 8-8 get them in?  I don't think it does this year unless they win 2 SEC tournament games.  Nothing would make me happier if they drop the next 3....unless we win the next 3 of course.

Go Hogs!

Fingers crossed

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Lt.Dangle

Pigonometry

We can only hope.  Seeing kentucly go 0-3 would be awesome.............
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

cobbshogs

94 Hawg

can see KY winning all 3, they have been hot lately
i predict 2-1 in that stretch
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Franchise_Hog

Part 1 of 3 is now complete......go over to the Kentucky boards....it's quite funny.

They think so much of Rondo, it makes me sick.  He's like, maybe, the 5th best point guard in the SEC.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Franchise_Hog on February 25, 2006, 05:05:28 pm
Part 1 of 3 is now complete......go over to the Kentucky boards....it's quite funny.

They think so much of Rondo, it makes me sick.  He's like, maybe, the 5th best point guard in the SEC.

They are not quite in total meltdown but close. Just Click below
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Lt.Dangle

Almost like reading Gator threads during football.

SultanofSwine

lunchbox72703

Favorite Quote: "Arkansas just grabbed our spot".  I love It!!!!!!

By the way...anybody know what a LOD is?  pretty popular term in KY i guess.

Franchise_Hog

Even though we got beat by Kentucky, we have beaten 5 teams that they have not been able to beat.

Kansas, Bama, Vandy, Florida, Tenn.

Lt.Dangle

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on February 25, 2006, 05:33:18 pm
Favorite Quote: "Arkansas just grabbed our spot".  I love It!!!!!!

By the way...anybody know what a LOD is?  pretty popular term in KY i guess.
Leigon of Doom

lunchbox72703

hogsanity

I think the Hogs are in unless they play themselves out by losing at home to MSu, but Ky lost today, they already have 10 loses and they still have to play FL and one other tough game.  They could easily finish the reg season with 12 loses and be 8-8 in the sec.

Bama already has either 10 or 11 loses and still has 3 sec games left.  IF bama loses one more and has 12 loses, do they get in?

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Richard_white

Alabama is for sure. they have a better RPI rating and better strength of schedule.  Kentucky should be in as well.

blueshog2001

I would think not, but how can you let the 3rd place team in and not the 2nd.  That would be a weird predicament. ???

HOGLIGULA

yeah bama is in, but UK maybe, unless the SEC gets 6 or if UK goes on one of their pattened SEC tourney runs
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

nwarazfan

I think so because the SECT will be like a home game for the mildcats and they'll win a couple there.  That stupid rpi loves Bama.  I think the SEC gets 6 unless many conferences have upsets in their tourneys and they get extra teams in.

WhenPigsFly

I know this has been discussed before, but look at Alabama's so called tough out of conference schedule:  NO WINS against ANY of those "tough" teams!!!  Their only big wins have come in the SEC.  Hopefully the "human factor" will make more sense than the RPI.

hogsanity

Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on February 25, 2006, 10:34:03 pm
Alabama is for sure. they have a better RPI rating and better strength of schedule.  Kentucky should be in as well.

Why SHOULD Kentucky be in as well?  If they fall to 8-8 that means they ended on a 3 game skid and would have 12 losses.  I dont give a rip about the RPI.  Thats not NCAAT material.  My guess is they would getin because they are Kentucky, but any other major conference shool witha similar record would be out.  What have they done to DESERVE to get in at 8-8?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

blueshog2001

The selection committee bleeds blue. As in Kentucky, Duke, and UNC.  I am surprised they haven't changed the name to the "Blue Blood Invitational!" GHG

Boarcephus

UK already has 10 losses and has to go to UT then has UF in Lexington.  Even though I really like Tubby, it'd do my heart good to see those folks set home for a change. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 25, 2006, 10:45:31 pm
UK already has 10 losses and has to go to UT then has UF in Lexington.  Even though I really like Tubby, it'd do my heart good to see those folks set home for a change. 

You know they own the SEC tourney and will have a good shot at winning it even if they drop the next two.. Unfortunate as it may be they will probably make it this year with a subpar team and record.  but atleast we get a bid.
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

hogsanity

And it looks like they will get a good draw.  They will get either msu aub or ole miss on thursaday then ge bama on Friday.  And, as usual we will get a sucky draw.  Ga 4 days after we play them to end the reg season, then Fla. 

Lokirain

Kentucky could play their way out, especially if Vandy or some other bubble team gets hot and/or wins the SEC Tournament.

berryhog

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 25, 2006, 10:45:31 pm

I agree.  I would love to see the "big blue" sit their butts' at home, but I don't think for a second that the selection committee will have the guts to leave them out, no matter what how they end the season.

Topcat

I wish Kentucky would lose the next 2 games(which is very possible) and get upset in their first SEC tourny game. Would't it be great to see the Wildcats going to the NIT? C-A-T-S cats,cats,cats! I hate that stupid cheer. GHG

blueshog2001

If everything goes right and the cats don't make the tournament, Will Tubby still have a job? Would Kentucky even accept an NIT bid?

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: Topcat on February 25, 2006, 11:00:24 pm
I wish Kentucky would lose the next 2 games(which is very possible) and get upset in their first SEC tourny game. Would't it be great to see the Wildcats going to the NIT? C-A-T-S cats,cats,cats! I hate that stupid cheer. GHG
UK would decline the NIT bid and Tubby would lose his Job

Topcat

blueshog2001

I would love to see Kentucky in the NIT.  That would be a swift kick in the b@##@!!!

brodie_hawg

versus teams in the top 50 in RPI.  We should well be in before them.  Dont we have 5 or 6 wins against top 50 rpi teams?

nwarazfan

Quote from: brodie_hawg on February 25, 2006, 11:32:37 pm
versus teams in the top 50 in RPI.  We should well be in before them.  Dont we have 5 or 6 wins against top 50 rpi teams?

And Arizona only has 3 yet they are 18 in the stupid rpi.  We have 5 now.

brodie_hawg

As stated several times before, the RPI is a joke and needs to be put to rest and RPI (rest in peace).  There is no way a MVC conf can have 3 or 4 teams in the RPI top 30.

Franchise_Hog

Kentucky only has two quality wins....West Virginia and us.  They have lost to Kansas, Vandy x2, Bama, Florida, and Tenn....all teams we have beaten.  They were lucky to win against USC the first time and us.  I don't care what their damn RPI and SOS is, we are the better team.  Kentucky goes 18-12 and doesn't get in....keep your fingers crossed.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

I don't think either have been "locks" to this point.  Maybe they were both on the inside of the bubble.  My guess is that bama loses to FL, beats Auburn and MS. State and is in.  I think KY loses out and is out.  Arkansas will be in barring us losing out, which won't happen.  I wouldn't be surprised if we lose to Georgia, but we are still in.

berryhog

Quote from: Squishy on February 25, 2006, 11:50:50 pm
We both have good legacy names although Kentucky has a better one. Meaning if Kentucky is on the bubble, the name Kentucky will get them in. That has a major part whether people want to admit it or not.

Agreed.  We need to put as much space between us and UK as possible, because all things being equal UK would definitely get the nod over us if the selection committee had to decide between both.

PHill94

I really like the chances in the SEC for us if we stay at 3. We should at least get that first win I hope.

bigred7987

considering we have the 3rd best record in the SEC and only half a game behind LSU I would find it ridiculous not to get in

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: bigred7987 on February 26, 2006, 12:11:16 am
considering we have the 3rd best record in the SEC and only half a game behind LSU I would find it ridiculous not to get in

It is possible by dropping to MissSt and Ga that we don't get in unless we win the SEC tourney, but if we win out the bid selection will be what makes the SEC tourney crucial to secure a 6-8 bid

bigred7987

Right now we are sitting on a 9 seed I say.....Semi-finals of SEC tourney or even finals...bump that up to a 5-6.  I remember last year they talked alot about how teams were playing at the end of the year...not necessarily if they were amazing at beginning of the year and have fallen off...better to be the other way around.

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: bigred7987 on February 26, 2006, 12:19:49 am
Right now we are sitting on a 9 seed I say.....Semi-finals of SEC tourney or even finals...bump that up to a 5-6.  I remember last year they talked alot about how teams were playing at the end of the year...not necessarily if they were amazing at beginning of the year and have fallen off...better to be the other way around.

Most sites rated us at an eleven before Tenn, but if we win out and make a little noise in the SEC tourney we could get a 5-8, but the low end would probably be in the west or east and be far from home with little home support. I hope that we get a lower seeding to possibly play in Reunion or as we like to call it razorback south this year

Broken Trigger

I would think that Tubby would still have a job.  They have still won 2/3 of their games, which is not great for Kentucky, but it is not horrible either.  He has accomplished a lot of things at that school, and i believe that it would take a losing season to get him fired. 

HOGLIGULA

Kentucky would and will never take a NIT bid and Tubby will probably get another season, but like Heath this year will need a NCAA tourney appearance to keep his job

Lt.Dangle

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on February 25, 2006, 05:53:13 pm
Dangle, How was the Baseball Game?
Sick plus a death in the family kept me from attending today.

Ugly Uncle

I hope KU makes it in to the tourny.  I would love to see 6 teams from the SEC.  I think we could make some noise (the SEC) with a couple of our teams.
Retired Radio Host