Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA Tournament Chat

Started by reddierazorback, October 08, 2005, 09:58:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgvillain

Quote from: coolhandluke31 on February 25, 2006, 09:38:22 pm
www.bracketography.com

This link, as of Sunday night, hasn't been updated since Tuesday.  Therefore, it doesn't factor the Tenn. win and may or may not factor the Alabama win. 

I would say, if the tourney started tomorrow, we would probably be looking at a 7-8 seed.  If we did end up winning the SEC tourney, however, we would be 9-1 over our last 10 games with plenty of wins over big time schools.  In that best case scenario (in terms of seeds), I believe we would get a 4 seed.  Worst case scenario (losing one of the last two and bowing out in the first round of the SEC tourney), and I think we are right back in the 10-11 seed range. 

For what it's worth, I would say the most likely case is that we get 3-4 more wins in the regular season and conf. tourney, which will put us at a 6-7 seed in the tourney.  I don't think there is a team in the country that has as much possible variability in the seedings as the Hogs do.  As was mentioned above, the NCAA tourney loves to look at what a team has done to finish the season and the Hogs will likely be 7-3, if not better. 

stronguard

Don't know if I buy it, but you argued it well.  +1 to you
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

claycohog

assuming we are in the tournament.  We are a match-up problem for anyone in the country.  If history repeats itself any game we play in will come down to the last 2 minutes, no matter who the opponent is.  I would cringe if I saw Arkansas in my region.  GO HOGS!

P.S.  I've eaten a lot of bird these past 10 days.  It has not been chicken.