Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA Tournament Chat

Started by reddierazorback, October 08, 2005, 09:58:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

94 Hawg

Quote from: pfrg999 on February 26, 2006, 10:05:54 am
if We makes a run ine BOTH the SEC and NCAA.... land Ramar and the other Kid... Why would he go anywhere...
and why would anyone want him to? isn't THAT what we hired him to do?
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

sportscrazy

I have watched all four and I think we would rather play Memphis.  I know they are good but I think AR would play above themselves against Memphis.

Adam Stokes

It would certainly be the most exciting of the four teams, however I think Villanova would be a good match for us.  Our tall guards could pressure them as we did Tennesse and we could once again use our inside players to score some points.  We might end up laying a 1-seed if we don't finish well in the SEC Tourny

sportscrazy

I am with you on the size however I would be nervous where we might have to play against them.  With Memphis there would not be a major home court advantage anywhere except maybe Memphis and I don't see any of the sites in Memphis this year.

aristotle

The team that we do not match up very well with is Texas. If they win the Big 12 they will get a #1 seed. UConn and Villanova can't both with Big East Tourney. Texas has a dominating front court. Townes and Hill would both have to have the best nights of their early carreers for us to beat them.
Of course, I'm not saying it is impossible, just a tough matchup for our personnel.

mossfan3

I want Duke.  Maybe just because I can't stand them and Reddick is starting to wear down at the end of the year, again.

sportscrazy

One thing with Texas is if they are hitting the 3's or not.  They depend on them heavily.  If they are on we lose if not we win.

geoffhog

"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

94 Hawg

good question, cause if we draw a 8 or 9 seed and win we would play the #1 seed in round 2
that 10 or 11 seed looks better now huh ;D
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

NuttsSacked

Memphis.  Beat them and Calipari loses some recruiting footing in the area.

sportscrazy

I am with on Memphis.  Cali-cheatin-pari.  That guy is sketchy at best.

Ugly Uncle

Memphis.  I feel they are the weakest team.  Plus you are right...it might help recruiting in Memphis for us.
Retired Radio Host

razorbackfan4life

Nova, they would have no answer for our big men.  We all have seen how we shut down Tennessee's guards also.  That would be our best chance.

hogtheball

I vote for Texas - just to see what HoginMemphis would say on the threads. 
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

stronguard

Mem-Piss would be my choice for a W.  But I would love another shot at ucONN.  We have seen them once and played them well on a neutral court.  Bet we could do a little better the 2nd time we played them.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

jrw11475

Quote from: geoffhog on February 26, 2006, 02:36:57 pm
Memphis, just because I'd love to beat that a$$hole Calipari.

I'm with you I have never liked that [CENSORED], even or more so when he was at UMASS.

hogfan98

villanova.  they are a more talented version of the team we beat yesterday.  but you can't teach size, so i would like our chances against them.

lumphog

Just watched U Conn beat Nova, and I think that Calhoun guy is going to be a pretty good coach.

Illinihog

I'd hate to Face 'Nova.  I'd Rather have Memphis or Texas.  I think we match-up better with those two teams.  We couldn't beat Nova in a Shoot-Out, and if they are hitting 3's that is what would transpire.

big boes

memphis.  easily the weakest team.  and the youngest.  someone will upset memphis early in the tourney.

hogfan98

Quote from: Illinihog on February 26, 2006, 03:42:01 pm
I'd hate to Face 'Nova.  I'd Rather have Memphis or Texas.  I think we match-up better with those two teams.  We couldn't beat Nova in a Shoot-Out, and if they are hitting 3's that is what would transpire.

we couldn't beat tennessee in a shootout either.

Hogwild07

Memphis would be our best chance for an upset.  My second choice would be Duke though.  I would want to beat them more than anything.

dotnet

I think Memphis would be the easiest team by far.  If we have to play a 1 or a 2 seed, I hope we play them. 

I really like our chances if we get to play anyone besides the four number 1 seeds and Texas.  I think we can hang with Ohio State, Gonzaga, or Pitt.  I wouldn't want to play the Illinois.

Porky OLeary

I think if michigan, michigan st, indiana, iowa, ohio st were to call, he'd be gone in a heartbeat.

When momma's not happy, ain't nobody happy.

bosshawg38

As for easiest, we may matchup better with Villanova, but if given the choice, give me Memphis. I'd love for the Hogs to have a shot at them. I'd also love to see a closeup of Calipari's face after a loss after his "high and mighty" Tigers fall to "poor little" Arkansas.

othermac

no question, memphis, stan would have made the last 3 years wothwhile if we get into the tourney and beat memphis. i would be a content and happy man, my year would be complete, not to mention that it would be just deserts for disrespecting calipari looking down at our program like he does.
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

reddierazorback

Just an update guys---everyone that predicted on this post were very accurate.

rr
Go HOGS!

reddierazorback

by the way this was originally posted in oct.
Go HOGS!

PiggoBitttys

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on October 08, 2005, 11:29:00 am
21 regular season wins - with a solid winning streak at the tail of the year - pushing us to a #7 NCAA at large seed.

Bacon out...

Nostradamus, is that you?

ReverendRazorback

Impressive. Very impressive. I am sure glad lion6877 was a little off!!!
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

clemensrules01

Broken Trigger

Memphis would be my pick as well.  I just think that would be a game that would be easy for the Hogs to get up for.

clemensrules01

Kevin

nova-no big man, or memphis-an athletes game.  we just beat tenn who plays similar to both these teams
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

whatsshakinbacon

Bacon takes a bow...and wonders how he ever got lucky.

I hope the #7 pans out too.  I'd rather NOT be playing a #1 in game 2.

Bacon out...

berryhog

I would have to go with Memphis or Duke.  UCONN, IMO is the best team in college BB and I think Nova would be a matchup nightmare. 

twistitup

Memphis, we can kick their as* and I would love to piss off that a-hole hoginmemphis.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Puerco Diablo

It is all but certain that the Hogs are in the Dance. 

How will they finish the season, where will they be in the first round and what will be their seed?

I expect them to win out and win a game in the SECT. 

they get a 7 seed in Dallas/  WPS! :razorback:

taintlint

Dallas, 7 to 9. UAB or Texass within the 1st two rounds.

Puerco Diablo

jrw11475

clemensrules01

i think we will make a run in the SECT.

taintlint

Quote from: jrw11475 on February 26, 2006, 09:31:22 pm
Way to early to try and guess.

No. Not really. The sites are set. 85% of the teams with our potential seedings are obvious.

1836hog

I hope we end up playing the first weekend in Philadelphia and the second weekend in Washington, D.C.  I think it would be a great fit for the hogs.  AND...I live in DC, 2 hours south of philli.

taintlint

Quote from: 1836hog on February 26, 2006, 09:36:05 pm
I hope we end up playing the first weekend in Philadelphia and the second weekend in Washington, D.C.  I think it would be a great fit for the hogs.  AND...I live in DC, 2 hours south of philli.

A better fit than Barnhill South? Forget the cheesesteak, we need homecourt advantage.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: taintlint on February 26, 2006, 09:37:03 pm
Quote from: 1836hog on February 26, 2006, 09:36:05 pm

A better fit than Barnhill South? Forget the cheesesteak, we need homecourt advantage.

agreed

Taint...your new avatar has me rolling on the floor. 

Bacon out...

Hog_from_Tulsa

Quote from: Tater Salad on February 25, 2006, 05:47:37 pm
it was greg doyle from cbs sportsline. theres a thread somewhere,  courtesy of woopigstewie

I love that thought.....but I've read some of Greg Doyle's other columns.....he sounds like a moron.....hopefully....the Hogs will prove him right
"We can't get no reform when we're the incumbent" - Pappy O'Daniel

stronguard

Quote from: PHill94 on February 26, 2006, 12:07:57 am
I would love for us to play Nevada. Those WAC basketball teams just don't seem that tough.

I want to play the upper echelon teams.  As long as we are an underdog, lets make some noise by beating the UNC's, Indiana's and Arizona's instead of playing a team like Nevada that is roughly our equal (admit it) and winning a game we "should".  Lest we forget, our Hogs have a penchant for playing to the level of our competition.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Queen Hog

Memphis...who have they played that's good?  Besides I would like to see Calipari's face when we win.  That would be great!!!!!
I lub me some HOGS!!!

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Helen Keller