Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If hogs get beat something like 45-7...

Started by JackJohnson, September 24, 2005, 10:18:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JackJohnson

look for the heat to REALLY be turned up on the hill.  Heading into a bye week, with ULM coming up in LR, then Auburn in Fayetteville, things could turn south quickly for the ever secure HDN. 

A week turnout with a SMS type showing against ULM, and an even worse turnout and blowout loss to AU- HDN won't survive.

I know this is a no darn post, but beleive it or not, HDN's backing is getting weaker by the game, despite what the propaganda is coming from the hill...

Now, i have never been one to EVER consider pulling against the hogs in any circumstances, but you have to weigh the long term future vs the short term future of the PROGRAM, and swallow your pride sometimes. 

One of my really good friends is from La, and he moved up here in 1997.  I got to know him really well around 1998.  He was telling me all during the 1999 season that he was just pulling for LSU to lose out (which they did till they STOMPED us as when they were 2-8) because it was for the long term betterment of the program.  I argued that he wasn't a true fan, they were going to have a lost recruiting class, etc.  He said just "wait and see".  They hired saban after the season, managed a marginally good recruiting class, and in 2 years won the SEC Championship AND a BCS bowl game, and within 5 years won the NC.

Thoughts to ponder as we get ready to "root" those hawgs on vs. bama...

forrest city joe

Nutt  comes  back  no  matter  what. its  over.

Adam Stokes

We shouldn't have to go 2-9 for Frankie to realize we need a new coach.  I'll root for our team for the present.  Because we obviously can't influence Frank's decision, let's keep trying to win and if Nutt continues to suck, then Frank will (hopefully) fire him.  Nutt still has time to redeem himself, so Frank is letting things play out.  There are still alot of people who support Nutt, (for some reason), and he needs all he can get to fire him.  If not the Nutt lovers will go as crazy.  They will probably be as mad as the night we lost to Vandy.  I do think that we need a new coach in before Mitch comes to town, so he play one type of offense his career at Arkansas. 

Ajs15Razorman

Yoko Oinko

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 24, 2005, 10:26:03 am
  its over.
That's the prevailing mood of the average game-going, ticket buying fan.  Irwin says on his morning show that he can't put his finger on what % of the fan base is fed up with the state of the program.  I think its close to 75%.  I work in a big office and talk to a lot of people.  Only a few people I know mess around on these message boards.  I haven't talked to 2 people who think Nutt and his staff should be retained.  Knowing that Nutt will be back next year doesn't give me a good feeling.  Its a feeling of hopelessness. 
"Every time Pam Anderson and Paul McCartney go on a PETA crusade i am going to kill ten of something." - Ted Nugent

HighOnHogs

The hogs will go into halftime up 2 TD's.  But they will also lose by two TD's.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: HighOnHogs on September 24, 2005, 10:53:30 am
The hogs will go into halftime up 2 TD's. But they will also lose by two TD's.

I hope that doesn't happen.  That would be worse than 70-17.

HighOnHogs

Quote from: ajs15razorman on September 24, 2005, 10:56:55 amI hope that doesn't happen. That would be worse than 70-17.

It sure would be.  Our hopes will be in the clouds then fall like a giraffe turd.