Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sick to my stomach

Started by JamesWParks, September 23, 2005, 09:07:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesWParks

Just what the hell has happened here?  I've always been a very calm person, never really showed much emotion, but I've just reached a breaking point.

First let me talk about Chuck freaking Barrett.  He represents all that is wrong with some of the Arkansas Razorbacks media.  He is the frickin posterchild of ass kissing.  His show is called, "Sports rap," but he is just unbelievably biased.  I'm all for supporting the hogs and everything, but Barrett is making me sick.

First of all, you can not even call in and discuss straight facts with the guy.  If you try to point out some facts that go against Nutt, he'll hang up on you immediately or blab some pointless $%@! and just carry on.  There's no actual discussion involved.  He's right, everyone else sucks his ass, and the sad thing is there are many fans out there who are too stupid to think for themselves so they take everything that stupid SOB says as absolute truth.

And another thing... he's using the investigation as an excuse for hurting the University.  THIS IS ABSOLUTE CRAP.  He knows Arkansas is in the craps right now, he knows the "great" recruiting classes are way overhyped, and he knows the several year old investigation has nothing to do with it.  Hey Chucky boy, what about Alabama?  They had bowl games and postseason play taken out for 2 years.... now they're competing for the SEC West.  Ohio State had investigations... and they're a top 15 team year in and year out.  Give me a freaking break.

I'm not expecting Arkansas to be a top 15 team every season, but for the love of god it just seems that some of the ass-kissing media close to the team only cares about impressing the university and making them and Nutt look good.  Does anyone not realize Arkansas is a 4-7 at best program right now, and getting worse? 

And some of the fans have just gone insane, our fan base is so split right now it makes me sick, and I fault that to some of the media, especially Chuck Barrett, once again.  I've been an Arkansas fan for all of my young 19 year old life, but I've never felt so displaced from the University.

For the first time I'm not wearing Arkansas shirts.  I'm not going to games, I'm not watching the games on tv as much as I used too, rarely read the boards... I'm just flat out confused and lost as to what to do.  I am by no means a fair weather fans.  It's not about the wins and losses, its about the reaction of the fans, media, and athletic department... There is no unity.  A majority of the fans are outraged and the University seems to not be interested in doing a dang thing.  It's like the University is telling Chuck Barrett so keep all the fans calm and make excuses.

This is a BAD situation, it's getting more and more apparant every single day.

Go Colts, Go Hogs

Joe-T

Welcome to the REAL world. I'm glad you see it and Chuckie needs to see it !!!!
My PRAYER is that Frank will wake up and see it !!

Bomis Hawg

And people want this guy as the next play-by-play man at Arkansas?  Don't think so.  I've never liked Barrett.  Good baseball guy, but nothing else, really.  Most of you hate on Rainwater, but I think he has a better show in the afternoon.

Most times, though, I'll listen to the local show here.  The unfortunate thing is its Tenn/Vandy/Titans stuff. 

Razorback Jedi

What did Chuck say this evening that is setting everyone off?

jkstock04

Quote from: JamesWParks on September 23, 2005, 09:07:06 pm
Just what the hell has happened here? I've always been a very calm person, never really showed much emotion, but I've just reached a breaking point.

First let me talk about Chuck freaking Barrett. He represents all that is wrong with some of the Arkansas Razorbacks media. He is the frickin posterchild of ass kissing. His show is called, "Sports rap," but he is just unbelievably biased. I'm all for supporting the hogs and everything, but Barrett is making me sick.

First of all, you can not even call in and discuss straight facts with the guy. If you try to point out some facts that go against Nutt, he'll hang up on you immediately or blab some pointless $%@! and just carry on. There's no actual discussion involved. He's right, everyone else sucks his ass, and the sad thing is there are many fans out there who are too stupid to think for themselves so they take everything that stupid SOB says as absolute truth.

And another thing... he's using the investigation as an excuse for hurting the University. THIS IS ABSOLUTE CRAP. He knows Arkansas is in the craps right now, he knows the "great" recruiting classes are way overhyped, and he knows the several year old investigation has nothing to do with it. Hey Chucky boy, what about Alabama? They had bowl games and postseason play taken out for 2 years.... now they're competing for the SEC West. Ohio State had investigations... and they're a top 15 team year in and year out. Give me a freaking break.

I'm not expecting Arkansas to be a top 15 team every season, but for the love of god it just seems that some of the ass-kissing media close to the team only cares about impressing the university and making them and Nutt look good. Does anyone not realize Arkansas is a 4-7 at best program right now, and getting worse?

And some of the fans have just gone insane, our fan base is so split right now it makes me sick, and I fault that to some of the media, especially Chuck Barrett, once again. I've been an Arkansas fan for all of my young 19 year old life, but I've never felt so displaced from the University.

For the first time I'm not wearing Arkansas shirts. I'm not going to games, I'm not watching the games on tv as much as I used too, rarely read the boards... I'm just flat out confused and lost as to what to do. I am by no means a fair weather fans. It's not about the wins and losses, its about the reaction of the fans, media, and athletic department... There is no unity. A majority of the fans are outraged and the University seems to not be interested in doing a dang thing. It's like the University is telling Chuck Barrett so keep all the fans calm and make excuses.

This is a BAD situation, it's getting more and more apparant every single day.

You ever listen to Bo Mattingly??  I think hes twice as bad as Chuck when it comes to making excuses and defending nutt...
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

abq

Another good read from JamesW. I've never felt so detached from the program and that includes times when I was on duty in some third world hole where I couldn't get regular Hog news.

OklaU

I think Clay, Dud, Otis, and Chuck (sounds like a bunch of cartoon character names)....have a briefing meeting with Nutt before all their shows.

Don't forget, Clay bans people from HI if you don't agree with everything that's said.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

mikeirwin

Quote from: JamesWParks on September 23, 2005, 09:07:06 pm
I'm just flat out confused and lost as to what to do.
You are probably too young to remember Bizarro, the screwed up attempt to duplicate Superman.
In Bizarro's world everything is backwards.
We seem to have a Bizarro football program right now. Take boosters for instance. At some schools big shot boosters try to secretly fire the coach in order to get another hot coach who they think will do better.
At Arkansas big shot boosters try to keep the program ordinary by offering new contracts to coaches who average 7 wins.
I think it's a secret plot to get back in good with the NCAA. LOOK AT ARKANSAS. THEY AREN'T TRYING TO GET BETTER. WE LOVE THEM.
You understand that I'm just joking around. Right ?  ;)

The Max Swineberg 7

Quote from: mikeirwin on September 24, 2005, 12:03:16 amYou are probably too young to remember Bizarro, the screwed up attempt to duplicate Superman.
In Bizarro's world everything is backwards.
We seem to have a Bizarro football program right now. Take boosters for instance. At some schools big shot boosters try to secretly fire the coach in order to get another hot coach who they think will do better.
At Arkansas big shot boosters try to keep the program ordinary by offering new contracts to coaches who average 7 wins.
I think it's a secret plot to get back in good with the NCAA. LOOK AT ARKANSAS. THEY AREN'T TRYING TO GET BETTER. WE LOVE THEM.
You understand that I'm just joking around. Right ? ;)

Too old to remember that from Superman.  But I do remember the Bizarro Superman reference on Seinfeld.

:)
Arkansas has too many Stepford fans.