Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In defense of Nutt.

Started by geoffhog, September 23, 2005, 08:03:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

geoffhog

The 2 D-lineman that went to A&M and Tenn, both said that...
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: geoffhog on September 23, 2005, 09:44:05 pm
So where are the players that were in those 2002 and 2003 classes? Name all our topnotch juniors and seniors! They aren't there and they never were and thats because of the investigation.

Save it for your show Monday Chuck, you guys really need to get some new material.  It's like listening to a comedian tell the same joke over and over and over and over,,,,

rlreev

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: geoffhog on September 23, 2005, 09:45:49 pm
The 2 D-lineman that went to A&M and Tenn, both said that...

What were their names?  Come on, you can think up a name can't you?  Are you talking about the guys that we never had a commitment from that didn't sign like Nutt sack hope they might on singing day? 

Fletch

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on September 23, 2005, 09:41:37 pm
Quote from: Fletch on September 23, 2005, 09:39:31 pm
I still support Nutt but am not satisfied with where the program is right now. I am looking to see if we show some measurable improvement throughout the year to have something to build on for next year. I think recruiting on defense has been the major problem. We have players that seem to have potential but maybe just haven't had enough experience to catch on to the system yet.

Yeah I am sure that's it. Have you seen the tooth fairy around lately?
Just stating my opinion as denoted by the words "I think". Sorry if not everyone agrees with your self proclaimed brilliance. It's o.k. I understand people like you that have a hard time dealing with opinions that differ from their own.
I feel like $100

pioneerhog

Wasn't Bama dropped down to 10 schollies during the probation also?

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: Fletch on September 23, 2005, 09:48:14 pm
Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on September 23, 2005, 09:41:37 pm
Quote from: Fletch on September 23, 2005, 09:39:31 pm
I still support Nutt but am not satisfied with where the program is right now. I am looking to see if we show some measurable improvement throughout the year to have something to build on for next year. I think recruiting on defense has been the major problem. We have players that seem to have potential but maybe just haven't had enough experience to catch on to the system yet.

Yeah I am sure that's it. Have you seen the tooth fairy around lately?
Just stating my opinion as denoted by the words "I think". Sorry if not everyone agrees with your self proclaimed brilliance. It's o.k. I understand people like you that have a hard time dealing with opinions that differ from their own.

I appreciate your opinon, I just hope you see the light someday.   Don't take this stuff to serious.

Golfer

Fletch

Quote from: pioneerhog on September 23, 2005, 09:48:55 pm
Wasn't Bama dropped down to 10 schollies during the probation also?
Bama is also 10 and 15 under Shula. Not exactly setting the world on fire.
I feel like $100

jkstock04

Quote from: geoffhog on September 23, 2005, 09:02:51 pm
Would someone please actually read what the posts say. It isn't the 2 scholarships that did the damage...it was recruiting under the cloud of possible serious penalties...is it that hard to figure out?

Forgive my ignorance, but whats this recruiting under the cloud stuff??  Is that saying it scared possible recruits away cause we may have been in big trouble??
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

geoffhog

No Bounty Hunter I can't remember their names...it WAS 3 years ago, but i do remember them and they did blame it on the investigation. Also, JD Hogg...still waiting on you to tell me about our great junior and senior class...where are they?

geoffhog

An investigation and possible severe penalties scaring recruits away? its apparently a difficult concept for some of these guys to wrap their brains around.

jkstock04

Sorry guess I just dont have the brain power you do...by the way I never talked s**t to you...I just always kept hearing about this "cloud" stuff...cloud this cloud that...I didnt know what the hell people were talking about thats all....
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

geoffhog

RedRazor...which one of my posts was it where i said it was alright to lose? I said there is a reason we're struggling and I believe Nutt is the guy to fix things. I swear this would be so much easier if people would quit twisting my words around.

geoffhog

JKstock04...I wasn't talking trash to you. Hell, i thought i was agreeing with you. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

rlreev

By the way, Nutt nor the Razorbacks have a defense!!!

junkyardhog

Quote from: geoffhog on September 23, 2005, 08:03:19 pm
Let me start by saying that I'm a Houston Nutt fan. Right now that's kinda like walking through New Orleans bragging on FEMA, but it seems like the haters are the only ones being heard right now, so I decided to speak up. First of all, I know everyone is tired of hearing about how the investigation hurt recruiting. Sorry, but that doesn't make it less true. I'm tired of hearing about hurricane's, but Rita's not going to go away for my sake. We have no upperclassman to speak of and that is the reason why, whether anyone likes it or not. HDN said before the start of last season that we were facing two lean years and now that its happening everyone seems shocked...well guys, you were warned. The last two classes are both looking good and the next one already has the top QB in the nation committed. Nutt has proven he can recruit when he's on equal footing and that's a fact. The discipline problem has been solved and we're running a clean program. I'll be the first to admit I'm an optimistic guy, but i firmly believe that Nutt will lead us out of this. Some of you people need to think a little before you run your mouths and call names. I'm sure your gonna want back on the bandwagon at some point. There's nothing wrong with some honest criticism, but a lot of you are making fools out of yourselves with crap your spewing. Its awful easy to pile on when your not happy, but all your doing is hurting the program when you throw out insults and pitch fits. Once again...I'm not talking about the folks who are voicing honest concerns, that's fair. Its the ones who have nothing to say except calling names and questioning the coaches intelligence. Houston has forgotten more about football than you guys have ever known. I don't know, maybe I'm in the minority, maybe not. I happen to believe most fans are like me, just not motivated to speak up with the way things have gone lately. Either way, I'm standing behind the man I believe to be best suited for the job and supporting the team I love.

[attachment deleted by admin]

reddierazorback

Yes, how quick we forget.  I have watched, listened to, or been at every Razorback Football game since 1968.  However, I only vividly remember the Holtz, Hatfield, CROWE-KINES-and FORD DEBACLE, and the NUTT Years.  Of those coaches I liked Hatfield the best and Nutt second best.  However, I still admire and Respect Coach Nutt but after 8 years and still being 53 points away from competing with a top caliber team, I am disappointed.  I hope Nutt can survive and get the HOGS back on track(7-8 wins) this year, but if he can not it is time for a change.

Yes, how quick we forget.  Holtz re-established UA's FB program and gave us credibility at the Natl. level.   Hatfield was basically fired for being boring.  Yea we were winning, but fans were board.  Yes, we were in the SWC, but we won.  Yes, we knew he was going to run the ball, and he ran over you.  But he was boring and couldn't win the big game (supposedly).  We were not satisfied with an avg. of 9 wins a season.  We were not satisfied that he was and is the winningest FB coach in Razorback History.  Hatfiield got "it" though.  He knew that he COULD recruit Big OFFENSIVE LINES and GREAT RB, FB, and Mobile QB's.  He knew for UA to consistently be in it at the end he would have to run a clock, ground, control offense.  We could hang with the big teams, and quite possibly beat them.  But he was boring, couldn't win the big one, and we were not happy.

So we hire CROWE-KINES, FORD--and our program goes from consistency to crap.  We go from being bored with winning ugly to just plain happy to see a victory.  We go through a bowl and victory drought.

Then we get Houston.  He immediately gets the HOGS back on track.  FB gets more exciting.  We start winning.  Heck we start upsetting and winning some of the big games.  Heck we start going to bowl games.  We even lead the west in Bowl appearances since 1998.  Heck we lead the conference in home wins since 1998 (ALL GAMES NOT JUST CONF. INCLUDING LR).  We lead the SEC West in Team Scoring from 98-2004.  We lead the SEC in RED ZONE Offense from 02-04.  We lead the SEC in turnover margin from 98-04.  We lead the SEC in force turnovers from 98-04.  But we have not been happy.  Maybe, we are just quick to forget.  There are a lot of Houston Haters that refuse to see or admit that HN took a dead program and brought it back to life.  Maybe, Houston can get us back on track.  Maybe we can be quick to forget VANDY and USC.

BOY I HOPE SO.

GO HOGS!         

Report to moderator    70.178.89.2 

Go HOGS!

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: reddierazorback on September 23, 2005, 10:48:56 pm
Yes, how quick we forget. I have watched, listened to, or been at every Razorback Football game since 1968. However, I only vividly remember the Holtz, Hatfield, CROWE-KINES-and FORD DEBACLE, and the NUTT Years. Of those coaches I liked Hatfield the best and Nutt second best. However, I still admire and Respect Coach Nutt but after 8 years and still being 53 points away from competing with a top caliber team, I am disappointed. I hope Nutt can survive and get the HOGS back on track(7-8 wins) this year, but if he can not it is time for a change.

Yes, how quick we forget. Holtz re-established UA's FB program and gave us credibility at the Natl. level. Hatfield was basically fired for being boring. Yea we were winning, but fans were board. Yes, we were in the SWC, but we won. Yes, we knew he was going to run the ball, and he ran over you. But he was boring and couldn't win the big game (supposedly). We were not satisfied with an avg. of 9 wins a season. We were not satisfied that he was and is the winningest FB coach in Razorback History. Hatfiield got "it" though. He knew that he COULD recruit Big OFFENSIVE LINES and GREAT RB, FB, and Mobile QB's. He knew for UA to consistently be in it at the end he would have to run a clock, ground, control offense. We could hang with the big teams, and quite possibly beat them. But he was boring, couldn't win the big one, and we were not happy.

So we hire CROWE-KINES, FORD--and our program goes from consistency to crap. We go from being bored with winning ugly to just plain happy to see a victory. We go through a bowl and victory drought.

Then we get Houston. He immediately gets the HOGS back on track. FB gets more exciting. We start winning. Heck we start upsetting and winning some of the big games. Heck we start going to bowl games. We even lead the west in Bowl appearances since 1998. Heck we lead the conference in home wins since 1998 (ALL GAMES NOT JUST CONF. INCLUDING LR). We lead the SEC West in Team Scoring from 98-2004. We lead the SEC in RED ZONE Offense from 02-04. We lead the SEC in turnover margin from 98-04. We lead the SEC in force turnovers from 98-04. But we have not been happy. Maybe, we are just quick to forget. There are a lot of Houston Haters that refuse to see or admit that HN took a dead program and brought it back to life. Maybe, Houston can get us back on track. Maybe we can be quick to forget VANDY and USC.

BOY I HOPE SO.

GO HOGS!

Report to moderator 70.178.89.2

I wish Nutt would bore us with wins the way Hatfield did.

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: geoffhog on September 23, 2005, 09:36:03 pm
Sorry, I don't know the exact years, but one other thing to keep in mind. Bama's investigation was wrapped up in about 15 months and affected 2 classes. Ours was approx. twice as long.

Quote from: geoffhog on September 23, 2005, 10:10:05 pm
I said there is a reason we're struggling and I believe Nutt is the guy to fix things. I swear this would be so much easier if people would quit twisting my words around.

Here is a comparison of the Hogs recruiting class rankings for the last 4 years versus Bama rankings that I first used in another post on this board:

Rivals Overall Team Rankings

Hogs   Bama
2002   26th   30th
2003   29th   49th
2004   22nd   15th
2005   24th   18th

I'm not saying that the "cloud of NCAA investigation" didn't hurt our overall recruiting in some ways, but it appears to have hurt Bama as bad or worse than it hurt us over the last 4 years.  Remember these are the players that will be playing tomorrow for both teams.  Why are we a 16 point underdog at 1-2 and they are 3-0?  Our upperclassmen should be just as good or better than what they have.  Let's compare notes after tomorrow's game.  Maybe (I hope) our coach and players will step it up tomorrow and actually win a game.  I hope so, because the NCAA investigation cannot be an excuse in tomorrow's game.  Maybe in last week's game, but not this week against Alabama.

reddierazorback

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on September 23, 2005, 10:52:01 pm
Quote from: reddierazorback on September 23, 2005, 10:48:56 pm
Yes, how quick we forget. I have watched, listened to, or been at every Razorback Football game since 1968. However, I only vividly remember the Holtz, Hatfield, CROWE-KINES-and FORD DEBACLE, and the NUTT Years. Of those coaches I liked Hatfield the best and Nutt second best. However, I still admire and Respect Coach Nutt but after 8 years and still being 53 points away from competing with a top caliber team, I am disappointed. I hope Nutt can survive and get the HOGS back on track(7-8 wins) this year, but if he can not it is time for a change.

Yes, how quick we forget. Holtz re-established UA's FB program and gave us credibility at the Natl. level. Hatfield was basically fired for being boring. Yea we were winning, but fans were board. Yes, we were in the SWC, but we won. Yes, we knew he was going to run the ball, and he ran over you. But he was boring and couldn't win the big game (supposedly). We were not satisfied with an avg. of 9 wins a season. We were not satisfied that he was and is the winningest FB coach in Razorback History. Hatfiield got "it" though. He knew that he COULD recruit Big OFFENSIVE LINES and GREAT RB, FB, and Mobile QB's. He knew for UA to consistently be in it at the end he would have to run a clock, ground, control offense. We could hang with the big teams, and quite possibly beat them. But he was boring, couldn't win the big one, and we were not happy.

So we hire CROWE-KINES, FORD--and our program goes from consistency to crap. We go from being bored with winning ugly to just plain happy to see a victory. We go through a bowl and victory drought.

Then we get Houston. He immediately gets the HOGS back on track. FB gets more exciting. We start winning. Heck we start upsetting and winning some of the big games. Heck we start going to bowl games. We even lead the west in Bowl appearances since 1998. Heck we lead the conference in home wins since 1998 (ALL GAMES NOT JUST CONF. INCLUDING LR). We lead the SEC West in Team Scoring from 98-2004. We lead the SEC in RED ZONE Offense from 02-04. We lead the SEC in turnover margin from 98-04. We lead the SEC in force turnovers from 98-04. But we have not been happy. Maybe, we are just quick to forget. There are a lot of Houston Haters that refuse to see or admit that HN took a dead program and brought it back to life. Maybe, Houston can get us back on track. Maybe we can be quick to forget VANDY and USC.

BOY I HOPE SO.

GO HOGS!

Report to moderator 70.178.89.2

I wish Nutt would bore us with wins the way Hatfield did.
Go HOGS!

reddierazorback

Go HOGS!

JD Hogg

September 24, 2005, 12:05:49 am #72 Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 12:11:51 am by JD Hogg
Quote from: geoffhog on September 23, 2005, 10:04:24 pm
No Bounty Hunter I can't remember their names...it WAS 3 years ago, but i do remember them and they did blame it on the investigation. Also, JD Hogg...still waiting on you to tell me about our great junior and senior class...where are they?

Geoff, didn't realize you were addressing me.  Tell you what, I asked you a question first and didn't see an answer, so, you answer my question first, then I'll answer yours.  Here it is, again:  Please explain how this supposed "cloud" from the ncaa investigation inversely effected Razorback recruiting.  In other words, our classes during the "cloud" period were ranked higher than the the two that followed AFTER the "cloud" was lifted.  Why?  How?  Do you have an answer?  If you don't, that's fine, but, just say so.  That way you can confirm that your "feelings" for nutt are what's driving your desire to have him coach.