Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How's the Springdale game going?

Started by Adam Stokes, September 23, 2005, 07:58:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Stokes

September 23, 2005, 07:58:24 pm Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 08:01:29 pm by ajs15razorman
  Just wanting a checkup, see if anyone knows what the score/final is.

arkhogball

Adam Stokes

arkhogball

I would like to know myself.  That's the reason I signed on tonight.

pioneerhog

14-3 Springdale with 1:56 left in the 1st.

pioneerhog

Go here and click on the 5A board and then on the scores for tonight and there may be more updates on there.

http://fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/

21-3 now.

arkhogball

Arazorbacknut

Still 21-3, it's halftime. Listening on the radio now. I'll listen for any MM stats.

Arazorbacknut

Halftime stats:
Springdale- 254 total yards (approx.)
Southside- 135 total yards (approx.)
Springdale- (Mustain) 168 passing- 8/10
Southside- 1 total yard passing
Mustain- 2 TD passes, 1 for 51 and one for 5.
I may be off a little on the exact numbers, but not much. Just heard it on the radio, and then came to post.

arkhogball

Arazorbacknut

Now 27-3. Don't know what happened. Left the room for a second, and look what happens.   :P

Arazorbacknut

Springdale 34- Southside-3.
70 yard run, on 1st down- Williams

Arazorbacknut

Springdale- 41 Southside-3
55 yard TD pass/ Mustain to Williams
1st play of the 4th quarter
3rd down and VERY long to go after a penalty

Arazorbacknut

Mercy rule, continuous clock..................only 3 minutes left now. Whew.......mercy is right!

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: Arazorbacknut on September 23, 2005, 09:48:03 pm
Mercy rule, continuous clock..................only 3 minutes left now. Whew.......mercy is right!

Is this Springdale or a replay of last Saturday nights game?

Arazorbacknut

I wish there was a mercy rule in last week's game.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Arazorbacknut

I know..........hard to show sarcasm in writing................

Hog Bounty Hunter

HogDodging

Southside did a good job moving the ball between the 30s.  But, they ran the clock almost to 0 on every play.
You're not going to beat Springdale with that kind of strategy, especially if you look to run most of the time.
To Southside's credit, they put up a lot better fight than Jenks did last week.

DOGALUM

They did move the ball well in the first half.  Not a bad game plan....running the clock down as long as the game is close....but when you get down by 20 or so....it just didn't make any sense that they kept doing it.  If a coach isn't playing to win....just playing to not get mercy ruled....then he's not doing those kids justice.  When it was 41-3 and was late in the 4th...the Southside QB was still standing up behind center and not snapping until 2 or 3 seconds left on the clock. ???
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Adam Stokes

They were probably doing it so they would lose by less.   :P  What are the final stats?

NuttsSacked

Quote from: ajs15razorman on September 24, 2005, 08:46:30 am
They were probably doing it so they would lose by less. :P What are the final stats?

Stats are for losers.  My only question is, did Mustain do a good job getting the offense in and out of the huddle?

Adam Stokes

Yeah, but Robert Johnson can get people in and out of the huddle.  Stats is what wins you the Heisman.  Stats is what'll put MM over Stafford on Rivals.

NuttsSacked

RBLtoHOG

More poor rebels  :-\ ...... They stayed closer then Jenks did didnt they?? WOOO GO REBS! GO HOGS!! God Im goin for some winners huh?
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

Adam Stokes

The final is 41-3, but I can't find any stats, I'll look and get back.