Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where Do Hog Fans Turn Now?

Started by WilsonHog, September 23, 2005, 05:52:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

Razorback football has been in a death spiral since October 11, 2003, when we took the #7 team in the country into RRS and got beat by Auburn. The only redeeming quality to last season was the prospect that on any play Matt Jones might do something that would make you scream in excitement or anguish. Although I didn't think it possible, this year has been even worse than last, and things ain't exactly looking up.

On top of that, we've got the JFB/Lindsey/Tyson/Nutt soap opera, which looks even more dysfunctional than the product on the field.

Look forward to basketball, you say? Geez, HDN and Nutt take turns making the other look like the one holding all of the job security.

Do I seem frustrated? The whole thing makes me want to punch myself in the nuts.

Since 1894

I just posted this on another thread - but didn't we have losing conference records last year in football, basketball and baseball.

Frank, can you bring back DIVING?
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Thehammer

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 23, 2005, 05:52:33 pm
Razorback football has been in a death spiral since October 11, 2003, when we took the #7 team in the country into RRS and got beat by Auburn. The only redeeming quality to last season was the prospect that on any play Matt Jones might do something that would make you scream in excitement or anguish. Although I didn't think it possible, this year has been even worse than last, and things ain't exactly looking up.

On top of that, we've got the JFB/Lindsey/Tyson/Nutt soap opera, which looks even more dysfunctional than the product on the field.

Look forward to basketball, you say? Geez, HDN and Nutt take turns making the other look like the one holding all of the job security.

Do I seem frustrated? The whole thing makes me want to punch myself in the nuts.

There is no place to turn.   I've never been so let down as I am now;  after reading that JFB is still solidly in Nutt's corner. 

It gives me no hope for the future in football. 

DOGALUM

Oh there is a place to turn.   

There is plenty of room on the Springdale Bulldog bandwagon. ;D

You boys want to cheer for a winner....catch a Springdale football game.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

katocat13

the Baseball team made Regionals least you forget.  They played IN Austin, against the shorthorns.  And beat them once.   ;D

But aside from that, DVH didn't ever make any excuses or blame the lack of wins on losing 2 players early in the season.  The one thing you have to know here, is that we lost 2 seniors.  2!  And we should have some pitching back. 

sorry, I don't remember our final won/loss record. 

tophawg19

thank god for track, baseball & gymnastics . we still have a few sports where we don't look like a sunbelt team .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Lando Calrissian

I've turned to the NFL.

Don't necessarily have a "team" there, but it's by far and away the best of any of the pro-sports.  I can pretty much watch the entirety of any game, although that can be tough to do sometimes with the interferences of every day life (work, g/f, stupid stuff) but if I were left alone in a room with a tv & cooler full of beverages, I think I could watch NFL games for a full 24 hours without sleeping.  12 hours of that is watching commercials, but I've come to accept that constant commercial breaks as a necessary evil.

What Ch. 5 is doing the season in giving people a choice in what games they want to watch is an extremely cool thing to do.

Imagine that.  Giving the fans' input some weight, instead of assuming what they would want and making that decision for them.  That's a concept that somebody in the Broyles Center should grasp on to...

I can't really get into College Football unless Arkansas is relevant in it, and well...we all know how that goes.  I do like the stuff they show on ESPN "U" and ESPN Classic sometimes.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on September 24, 2005, 02:05:35 am
I've turned to the NFL.

Don't necessarily have a "team" there, but it's by far and away the best of any of the pro-sports.  I can pretty much watch the entirety of any game, although that can be tough to do sometimes with the interferences of every day life (work, g/f, stupid stuff) but if I were left alone in a room with a tv & cooler full of beverages, I think I could watch NFL games for a full 24 hours without sleeping.  12 hours of that is watching commercials, but I've come to accept that constant commercial breaks as a necessary evil.

What Ch. 5 is doing the season in giving people a choice in what games they want to watch is an extremely cool thing to do.

Imagine that.  Giving the fans' input some weight, instead of assuming what they would want and making that decision for them.  That's a concept that somebody in the Broyles Center should grasp on to...

I can't really get into College Football unless Arkansas is relevant in it, and well...we all know how that goes.  I do like the stuff they show on ESPN "U" and ESPN Classic sometimes.

I'm turning to the same thing I've turned to for several years now - NBA's Memphis Grizzlies. I have great season tix and love going to the games. Very entertaining and they win more than they lose and rarely are blown out when they do lose.

Swino

Paging Dr. Daniels, Dr. Jack Daniels.

HiM, I'm down here in SE Arkansas, so there is no sports alternative.  I'll just have a great time at the Duck camp I guess.