Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Casey Dick to OLB? . . .

Started by Feralhog, September 23, 2005, 07:15:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Feralhog

This board is moving so fast, it's probably already been posted.  If so, I apologize. 

Any truth to the rumor that Casey Dick is moving to OLB?  I heard he loved to hit, hell, I guess it's the only way he will see the field.  He's 4th in line and next season, Mustain will probably move everyone to the back of the bench.  It's easier figuring out Chinese arithmetic than HDN's convoluted coaching moves.  Time after time he leaves me slack jawed.

Even as I'm typing this I suddenly realize I've mistaken myself for someone who gives a s***.  I bet I've done this  a dozen times this week,  I usually end up not posting.  Now I'm friken rambling. 
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Joe-T

Hell nuttless will have him at right guard or tackle before it's over :::))))))

HornetHog

Wait and dang minute................what about all the loud mouth bull shiite from all you wanna be Quarterback experts that said Casey Dick was this and Casey Dick was that.....he was so much better than JC and whoever else he was compared to..........the entire time I said look at his stats....and that he was merely the shadow package deal that came with Marcus Savers.........Recruiting like that today...gets you curb stomped on national TV...........

Oh that happened already........darn

Still not over the back to back embarrassments,
Very Upset & Sarcastic Hornethog
Just as smart as all the other smartarses on here

Biggus Piggus

Good thing we let that other kid go to Iowa.  Who needs stinkin quarterbacks anyway.
[CENSORED]!

HogFather

kwarterbacks?? kwarterbacks?? we don nee no stinkin kwarterbacks!

HornetHog

Hey...arn't you guy related to Dale somehow........?
Just as smart as all the other smartarses on here

jpool111

Casey Dick is the best QB up there, He will never be a linebacker, His problem is the politics that goes on when the QB coach didn't recruit him and the head coach did.  I was at summer practice and they never let him compete for the job.  He has more talent than the two goofs in front of him(CB, AM)  If Robert gets hurt the pecking order at QB will change.

Swino

After AM went in during the USC game, it was Dick that was warming up on the sideline. 

Buff

Quote from: jpool111 on September 23, 2005, 09:32:36 am
Casey Dick is the best QB up there, He will never be a linebacker, His problem is the politics that goes on when the QB coach didn't recruit him and the head coach did. I was at summer practice and they never let him compete for the job. He has more talent than the two goofs in front of him(CB, AM) If Robert gets hurt the pecking order at QB will change.
how the hell do you say that he's the best qb we have?  he hasn't even seen the field yet.  playing in a game is just a llittle different than throwing in practice. 

jpool111

I have eyes!!!!!  If you have seen the three of them you would say the same thing.  Ask anyone on the team or the staff, they will say the same thing.  The problem is for whatever reason they don't let him practice running the team.  Thats the only way to learn it.  I will say this, if they gave him the same number of snaps that they have given Alex, he would be battling for the starting spot.  He is that good.

Buff

ask a mod or someone for broyles' email address.  i'm sure they could use you on the assistant coaching staff

Jean-Luc PIGard

Quote from: jpool111 on September 23, 2005, 03:21:49 pm
I have eyes!!!!! If you have seen the three of them you would say the same thing. Ask anyone on the team or the staff, they will say the same thing. The problem is for whatever reason they don't let him practice running the team. Thats the only way to learn it. I will say this, if they gave him the same number of snaps that they have given Alex, he would be battling for the starting spot. He is that good.

Well, if things go the way many of us think in tuscaloser tomorrow, we may get to see Casey play a couple of series.

jpool111

You asked me  a question, i gave you an answer.  no need to be a smartass unless you are a dorkhead by nature.

Razorback Jedi

Are we that bad that we need to ask a QB to play defense?

Jean-Luc PIGard

Quote from: Razorback Jedi on September 23, 2005, 03:37:53 pm

Did you see the game?

Razorback Jedi

Quote from: Jean-Luc PIGard on September 23, 2005, 03:39:12 pm
Quote from: Razorback Jedi on September 23, 2005, 03:37:53 pm

Did you see the game?

Yes, but asking a QB to play LB? C'mon, that's a bit "out there".

Dances With Hogs

Quote from: Feralhog on September 23, 2005, 07:15:07 am
This board is moving so fast, it's probably already been posted.  If so, I apologize. 

Any truth to the rumor that Casey Dick is moving to OLB?  I heard he loved to hit, hell, I guess it's the only way he will see the field.  He's 4th in line and next season, Mustain will probably move everyone to the back of the bench.  It's easier figuring out Chinese arithmetic than HDN's convoluted coaching moves.  Time after time he leaves me slack jawed.

Even as I'm typing this I suddenly realize I've mistaken myself for someone who gives a s***.  I bet I've done this  a dozen times this week,  I usually end up not posting.  Now I'm friken rambling. 

Dances With Hogs

If true another brain fart from our 3rd tier coaches.

Buck Ocean

QuoteYes, but asking a QB to play LB? C'mon, that's a bit "out there".

Look back to the Tarvarius Jackson days...I'm not kidding...there were many people who wanted him at linebacker but his speed was a major factor in it.
Think like a Jedi

Jean-Luc PIGard

Yeah, I'm not wanting to move Dick to Defense, but our defense is in a "heap of trouble, boy".  My personal solution is to run the 3-4, and to get another big body in there...we only have 2 bigguns in the 4-3.  Or, we need to start our larger DEs in place of the tall skinny ones.  We also need a lot of work in the secondary.  On one play at SC, they showed our CB back peddling as the SC WR ran right by him, and instead of turning and running with the WR, our CB just kept back peddling as if he didn't even see the WR go by him.  I have no clue how that can happen. 

PIGard.

WilsonHog

This is the same quarterback that was getting a few snaps with the first unit during Vanderbilt week - in preparation for USC.

mikeirwin

Quote from: President (almost Dictator) Buffinator Flex on September 23, 2005, 11:13:09 am
Casey Dick is the best QB up there, He will never be a linebacker, His problem is the politics that goes on when the QB coach didn't recruit him and the head coach did. I was at summer practice and they never let him compete for the job. He has more talent than the two goofs in front of him(CB, AM) If Robert gets hurt the pecking order at QB will change.
how the hell do you say that he's the best qb we have? he hasn't even seen the field yet. playing in a game is just a llittle different than throwing in practice.
He appears to have more potential than RJ or AM. Right now he doesn't know the offense well enough.

Hog6

Quote from: mikeirwin on September 23, 2005, 06:13:19 pm
Quote from: President (almost Dictator) Buffinator Flex on September 23, 2005, 11:13:09 am
how the hell do you say that he's the best qb we have? he hasn't even seen the field yet. playing in a game is just a llittle different than throwing in practice.
He appears to have more potential than RJ or AM. Right now he doesn't know the offense well enough.

Venturing into a tough arena here but I did hear from a retired TEXAS FB coach who is an Arky that Casey has more potential than MM.  Don't know if that is true but you have got to feel good either way, we have this kid from Texas and MM to play QB.  Very positive sign for the future.

Porquemada

Wouldn't surprise me. Wouldn't surprise me if Reggie Fish gets a shot at defensive tackle either. :-\ >:(

mikeirwin

Supposedly Dick has an arm comparable to Mustain's. He may not be as polished and the system he played in was not quite as sophisticated as Springdale's but they'd be silly to move him. From what I have heard they think he's gonna be better than any of the guys they're playing at QB right now.

Swino

Quote from: mikeirwin on September 23, 2005, 06:13:19 pm

Ha, how hard is it for him to learn how to hand off and throw a 5 yard out?

tophawg19

alex's dad's job has a lot to do with him playing . they were hoping for some good press but now he is trying to forget where he sent his son.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

SultanofSwine

Swino, it takes a long time to learn how to make our offense look like a real offense but he'll get there don't you worry ::)

Oklahawg

I haven't played QB since 7th grade but I think I understand the position well enough to know that the spate of options since...Clint Stoerner...have had pedestrian skills, at best. RJ has the best arm that has started since Clint. May not be saying much. TJack had a whale of an arm. Baseball highlights on sportscenter just now--TJack is like the HS pitcher we all remember who had a great fastball with the inability to hit his momma in the behind from 60 feet on a consistent basis.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra