Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

95% support Nutt???

Started by WhenPigsFly, September 22, 2005, 07:56:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WhenPigsFly

I just heard the interview with JFB, and he said he believes that 95% of the fans who donate and buy tickets to the games are behind Nutt.  That is just plain stupid!  I have always been a JFB supporter, but this is unbelievable!  I don't know what the percentage would be, but it ain't 95% !!!

HogBall94

Apparently the state has more residents than we thought :D

drakekllr

In this state you have a large number of dumb arses who do not care whether we win or lose, they just want to go watch the razorbacks.  You also have the people who have so much money they don't care if we win or lose, they just want to be recognized for their genorous donations.  So in that case, yes, probably 95%.  But in the general poplulation of those who eat, sleep, and breathe razorback red, no way in hades.  Fire HDN!  In general it is about 50%.  People who don't watch but a few games and see Houston on the T.V. don't know any better.  They still beleive he is a good coach.  It is the duty to all true fans to support our team but we do not have to support a multi million dollar losing coach.

Inigo Montoya

We don't count in his calculations.  From what I saw FB doesn't have that fire anymore.  Especially if he thinks Nutt is "the best guy/coach in America for the job" or whatever.  The good ol boy system doesnt work anymore Broyles!!

CarolinaHog1176

it could just be that the 5% that don't like Nutt are all on this board... so it just seems like more that 5%
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Cornhogio

I'll bore you with the email I sent to the Razorback Foundation this morning.   ;D

Subject:  "95% of fans who buy tickets and contribute to the Razorback Foundation support this coach."

Not true.  I know a good number of people who do both, and none, including me, support this coach.  Tolerating a cancer to the program is a good bit different than supporting that cancer.  This coach is driving the football program back to the Jack Crowe days, and the Unversity's talking about a contract extension?  I realize most of you don't care one whit what people like me think, but I wanted to be on record saying that I do not support this coach; count me in that 5%.  I contribute at the Wild Hog level, and have been contributing for eight years now.  I have been a season ticket holder for 13.  I'd say that counts for something, and would characterize it as loyalty, and a commitment to the program.  If 5-6 last year, and whatever this year turns out to be are the University's idea of a commitment to excellence on the football field, then I have to wonder why I'm sending you the amount of money I do.

Regards,
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

Bomis Hawg

Possibly.  I think he is confusing backing of players as a sign of backing of Nutt.

TechHawg

Frank was talking about the real world, not the message board world.  Those are two entirely separate worlds.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: TechHawg on September 22, 2005, 11:41:17 am
Frank was talking about the real world, not the message board world. Those are two entirely separate worlds.

If you believe that, you do not attend games, or get out very much.
[CENSORED]!

HighOnHogs

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on September 22, 2005, 07:56:39 amI just heard the interview with JFB, and he said he believes that 95% of the fans who donate and buy tickets to the games are behind Nutt.

So another words money means more than wins

THROWITDEEP

This is good old fashion propaganda folks!  People like Frank that deal with the media on a regular basis do this all the time.  Especially JFB!   He has been doing this for years.  If the majority of the masses believe Franks statement about the 95%, then they will be more apt to change their mind about HDN.

Most everybody gives into the zeitgeist, Frank is just trying to change it.

Lou Holtz is/was a master at this!

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: TechHawg on September 22, 2005, 11:41:17 am
Frank was talking about the real world, not the message board world. Those are two entirely separate worlds.

What about the callers on sports talk radio programs, who are about 70/30 in favor of canning Nutt?  Do they get their own world too?  What about my family and friends in the "real world," all of which want Nutt to hit the road?  Are they not actually  in the real world, but in some other dimension?  By the way, messages on Internet message boards don't get posted by nonsensical creatures in magic land, they are written by real people in, you guessed it, the real world.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: gmb_79 on September 22, 2005, 01:05:41 pm
What about the callers on sports talk radio programs, who are about 70/30 in favor of canning Nutt?  Do they get their own world too?  What about my family and friends in the "real world," all of which want Nutt to hit the road?  Are they not actually  in the real world, but in some other dimension?  By the way, messages on Internet message boards don't get posted by nonsensical creatures in magic land, they are written by real people in, you guessed it, the real world.

I think what JFB's trying to say is that 95% of the people WHO MATTER to UofA athletics (the ones who contribute TONS of money - not the ones who donate $100 every year) are happy with Nutt as the HC.  so when you say that everybody that you know and talk to about the situation don't like HDN, they're not apart of the UofA's "real world" because only the high rollers' votes count. (at least I'm guessing)
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Cornhogio

Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on September 22, 2005, 01:19:20 pm
I think what JFB's trying to say is that 95% of the people WHO MATTER to UofA athletics (the ones who contribute TONS of money - not the ones who donate $100 every year) are happy with Nutt as the HC. so when you say that everybody that you know and talk to about the situation don't like HDN, they're not apart of the UofA's "real world" because only the high rollers' votes count. (at least I'm guessing)

I give them considerably more than $100 a year, and to hear some people talk, that doesn't make any difference either.  I wonder what the cutoff is before you as an individual "matter."
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on September 22, 2005, 01:19:20 pm
Quote from: gmb_79 on September 22, 2005, 01:05:41 pm
What about the callers on sports talk radio programs, who are about 70/30 in favor of canning Nutt? Do they get their own world too? What about my family and friends in the "real world," all of which want Nutt to hit the road? Are they not actually in the real world, but in some other dimension? By the way, messages on Internet message boards don't get posted by nonsensical creatures in magic land, they are written by real people in, you guessed it, the real world.

I think what JFB's trying to say is that 95% of the people WHO MATTER to UofA athletics (the ones who contribute TONS of money - not the ones who donate $100 every year) are happy with Nutt as the HC. so when you say that everybody that you know and talk to about the situation don't like HDN, they're not apart of the UofA's "real world" because only the high rollers' votes count. (at least I'm guessing)

So Frank is basically thumbing his nose at the average Hog fan?  Nice.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Inigo Montoya

Either way I bet this whole season and the public scrutiny of the football program is giving him a daily migraine.  He would have to be in a coma not to really see what the majority of hog fans and the football nation think about the Razorbacks right now.  Broyles will see the light eventually, he's just in denial right now.  Or he's just lying through his teeth.  I doubt he is praising Nutt behind closed doors.  Few years from now after the firing NUtt will probably come in the press saying Broyles called him a cracker etc..    :D

HogInMemphis

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on September 22, 2005, 07:56:39 am
I just heard the interview with JFB, and he said he believes that 95% of the fans who donate and buy tickets to the games are behind Nutt.  That is just plain stupid!  I have always been a JFB supporter, but this is unbelievable!  I don't know what the percentage would be, but it ain't 95% !!!

Maybe it's because 1/2 of the fans who buy tickets and donate stop buying tickets. So of the ones left, 95% of them do support Nutt. Would it not be funny if season ticket sales next year dropped by 50%?

heathshogs

Maybe Frank has a weighted system based on donation levels:
If one donates $10,000 then it takes 50x $200 donors to even out opinions.
It's obviuos whatever the system Nutt's approval rating is not at 95%. But as others have pointed out even among the most involved fans there is a 50-50 split or at worst a 30-70 split. But what percentage of those fans make up the Razorback contingency.  I think maybe 20 percent of fans bother to post on message boards and call in talk shows. If that's the group Frank is hearing from and they're split that means to him only 10-15% are calling for Nutt's head.

A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

Oliverhogman

JFB:  95% of the ticket buying fans support Coach Nutt.  You can check on that.

Did anyone notice when he said that. His nose grew another inch?

Queen Hog

Quote from: HogInMemphis on September 22, 2005, 02:20:13 pm
Quote from: WhenPigsFly on September 22, 2005, 07:56:39 am

Maybe it's because 1/2 of the fans who buy tickets and donate stop buying tickets. So of the ones left, 95% of them do support Nutt. Would it not be funny if season ticket sales next year dropped by 50%?

No

Go HOGS!!!!  Beat Bama.
I lub me some HOGS!!!

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Helen Keller

jabohog

I think the Auburn game will tell Frank and the message boards where the fans stand.