Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will beat Southern Cal. this season?

Started by TDArkansasOhmy, September 20, 2005, 08:06:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will beat Southern Cal. this season?

Notre Dame
10 (13.2%)
Arizona State
4 (5.3%)
California
4 (5.3%)
UCLA
6 (7.9%)
Nobody
52 (68.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 27, 2005, 08:06:49 pm

TDArkansasOhmy

hawgfan_18

i'm gonna say Notre Dame, if anyone of those could do it it'd be Notre Dame. we know they have an offense and i believe they have an alright defense so it should be a game, people have to realize we don't have a defense, hence the 70 pts, But USC is USC too so thats another factor for the 70

John Futrall

Notre Dame will not beat USC ....

Just my two cents

hawgfan_18

well i say if anyone of those teams listed were to do it, it would be ND i also believe its at south bend too

Brett Hitman Hog

USC can only beat themselves.  But since they are college football studs, girls probably throw themselves at the team.  So I with all the booty, I guess they can't even beat themselves if you catch me drift.  ;D ;D

Porquemada

Porquemada

I have no idea who I'd pull for if USC meets Texas in the NC. I hate both teams. I do hope that Vanderbilt goes undefeated and wins the SEC though.

RebelliousHog

I'm not a Texas lover, but I'd root for them over USC any day of the week.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Bomis Hawg

You left off Oregon.  Their offense is as good as Arizona State (who I voted for).  Although ASU's run game is better, Oregon still has a solid offense.  I think their defense might be a tad bit better.

They play in Autzen.  Tough place.  That is Saturday, so tune in!  Arizona State, at home, was my pick.  Sam Keller is turning out to be a stud -- especially with Derek Hagan and Zach Miller.

Macgyver_Hawg

USC is too cocky.  They've not been tested.  We moved the ball on them and had a couple good returns so other teams should be able to do that too.  We didn't pressure Matt but some team will.  You leave the USC defense on the field the majority of the game and then pressure Matt you have a chance to "get to them" but a team will have to be perfect.  No turning the ball over.

They will not blow out teams by 50 every game.

GrizzledHogFan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Bomis Hawg

I don't think Cal beats them.  Marshawn Lynch has a broken hand.  How effective will he be when he is back?  Nathan Longshore is out with a broken foot since game one.  Joseph Ayoob is average at best.  Longshore won the job, a Frosh, for a reason.  The offense lacks right now.  Not sure if they can outscore USC.

Isiah Stanback threw for over 300 on them.  Illinois and Washington both racked up over 300 yards of offense.  I think the defense won't stop them enough for the offense to score.  Coaching and being on the road might be the only reasons it stays close.

wincrimson

Nobody.

Those crappy teams listed? Hellz naw.

Buff

i have to say that texas has the best chance of anyone...............(man i hated getting that out)

Nutt_Hate_Me

September 20, 2005, 10:56:55 pm #14 Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 10:15:29 am by Nutt_Hate_Me
Vandy in the Rose bowl for the national championship as 12-0 Vandy kicks the stuff out of 11-0 USC and avenges Arkansas's loss, and Jay Cutler proves he is every bit as good as Matt Leinart.
It's great to be home.

HornetHog

Sorry guys...I gotta say I am still so bitter from the beating......that I really don' t give a "flyin hand shake" about anything to do with USC.      As an X-Hog I really take this to the core.  I guess if I were still young and playing on the team I would be focusing on the next team we're playing but, this wound isn't going away anytime soon.  I feel so incredibly bad for those kids who worked their ass off this past summer to be let down by the coaches.

Where's the puking Icon..?
Just as smart as all the other smartarses on here

hawkeyefan17

I would say that Arizona State has the best shot. USC's defense is good but not great. Sam Kelller will be able to throw the ball against them. Derek Hagan would have to have a big day but I think Arizona State will have a shot against them. Notre Dame will be a good team this year and go to a bowl but they won't even hang with USC.

Anyone who plays USC will be a longshot to win but ASU has the best shot in my opinion.

Inigo Montoya

Quote from: Nutt_Hate_Me on September 20, 2005, 10:56:55 pm
Vandy in the Orange bowl for the national championship as 12-0 Vandy kicks the stuff out of 11-0 USC and avenges Arkansas's loss, and Jay Cutler proves he is every bit as good as Matt Leinart.

That's funny.  Nobody!

Razorback53

I say Texas will USC has not played anybody yet and Texas beat Ohio State at the horse shoe already......

HOGSnDOGS

What? Are you kidding?  Nobody will beat them.  There isn't a defense in any level of the NCAA that can stop that scoring machine.  I agree that they can only beat themselves.  Just remember one thing about the USC game.  We got beat handily by the best.  At least we weren't embarrased by that same score from Vandy.

Damn, when does BB season begin??

hamsam

I would love to see USC go undefeated....then absolutely fall apart in the NC game and lose by 50 to whomever else gets there. Then maybe an NCAA investigation will find out that they were cheating and they will suffer the same fate as SMU.
Sorry.....I woke up... but that was a sweet dream!!!
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

tophawg19

arkansas and at last check on wednesday we had closed the score to 77 to 45 . yea i know they scored and they weren't even there .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

arkhogball

guys.  If you think there is another college team that can play with usc, you are kidding yourselves.  They are on another level there, and they are all alone.

I'm disgusted with what happened, but we rushed for more yards on them than any team has in over three years.  Robert Johnson and the offence played well.  They are the best college football team I've ever seen.  They scored 55 in the nc game last year.

hamsam

Quote from: arkhogball on September 23, 2005, 08:16:43 pm
guys. If you think there is another college team that can play with usc, you are kidding yourselves. They are on another level there, and they are all alone.

I'm disgusted with what happened, but we rushed for more yards on them than any team has in over three years. Robert Johnson and the offence played well. They are the best college football team I've ever seen. They scored 55 in the nc game last year.
you are 100% correct,arkhogball. however, anyone can have a let-down. key injuries can destroy a team. it COULD happen. but it won't. they are a truly awesome display of football, for sure. It kills me to say that cause I have always thought that the PAC 10 was overrated. USC can't be overrated. the polls do not go any higher than #1, do they? :)
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

arkbengal

Hey guys, I'm with you and lost some coins on the Hogs last week. I did like the way Johnson and the offense looked most of the night. But don't let the "rushing yards" against them confuse you. With the score like it was, I don't think stopping the running game was the emphasis of their defense. I think we'll know a lot more after they go up against Alabama's run defense this week. Good Luck !