Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where do you see our pragram in 5 years? (long but hopefully interesting)

Started by Cresthog, September 19, 2005, 08:02:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cresthog

After a 70-17 thrashing from the 2-time defending national champions the Arkansas Razorback football team needs to look each other in the eye and decide what they want to play for. Do they want to play for a winning season or a new coach next season? Its time for these seniors to really step it up and take control of this team. Ignore all the talk of 3-8 or 4-7. Seniors take control. And if they do not have the heart nor the will, I ask the freshman to show this state that they are real and can not only produce on the field but also lead a team.  Adversity is staring these Hogs right dead in the face.

I refuse to believe that we just dont have the players on defense. We have some pure athletes and killers on that side of the ball we just cant see them. Herring on the other hand is a very interesting man. Yes he seems to be proven. Yes he made NC State into the number one defense in the nation. And yes he just got 70 points scored on him. Im not sure how I feel about him. Is he worth all the trouble? Bc we all know he is a little bit of trouble. Is he getting all he can from his players? What happened to this no loafing stuff? I was present at the Vandy game and clearly saw some loafing. I also watched the USC game and saw worse.

USC is a machine. It is that easily said. USC is where every college football program wants to be. Pete Carroll knows football and he relates to his younger players. A coach for the ages that is building more then a college football dynasty, try an empire.

But just when you think you know everything something else always comes in and smacks you in the face. For example, Nutt cloeses practices because of the internet reports and he really wants to keep things secret this year. Meanwhile Pete Carrolle and USC allow all media at every practice and allow players to interview before and after practice. Do you know why? Because Carroll wants to attract NFL type players that wish to make it to that level of play one day. One way of maturing and getting ready for the NFL is learning to deal with the media. Therefore he lets all players deal with the media and prepare themselves for the NFL. What can anyone say to that? Carroll is attracting NFL players. Arkasnsas isnt.

My point? Carroll doesnt run his team different every year. He knows what he wants and does it, year in and year out. Recruiting is an obvious example. Every year Carroll gets the players he wants and the same type every year. Things do not chage at USC. Carroll squeezes the tradition USC gives him and makes some damn good lemonade. 

Nutt will be here the remainder of the season. DUH. And these reports that Lindsey calls the shots and Nutt is the only man for the job is ridiculous. I will stand steady on my word. Nutt stays, I leave. As simple as that. I love the hogs and I will always be a fan but I will not support Nutt any longer . We need someone like Carroll coaching our football team and leading our program. But all of this ramblin' aint here for nuthin! I ask one question for all hog fans on this board.

Where do you honestly see our football program in 5 years?  Not 10, not 20, only 5 years from now.

texhog

I think 3-8 this year.  A little better next year, regardless of who the coach is...maybe 5-6.  The rest is just middle of the pack 6-5, 7-4, maybe 8-3 once.  But I don't see this program ever reaching the highest SEC level like UGA, FL, TN, or LSU, or even Auburn.  Arkansas is what it is.  Not the top but not the worst in the SEC.  Might pull a big upset every couple of years, but I don't see any BCS bowls in the future unless MAJOR changes are made from the AD on down. 

Lanny

Tough questions.  Depends on who is leading this football team because right now we're the Titanic.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

tophawg19

the next 2 years look ok no matter who is coaching . we have a lot of really good young players . with nutt 7/4 . with a good coach 9/2 10/1 becomes a possibility . we have to keep getting the jones , mcfadden, mustain recruits and get a hell of a lot more of them .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins