Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The next idiotic Rich Schaefferism

Started by Jim Harris, September 19, 2005, 05:55:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Harris

He and the guys are talking about us pinning them at the  6 following the first drive and USC calling a pass (which, or course was a wide open swing pass against the flow). "If we get a safety there, that would have been something, you never know."

It would have been 70-19, Rick.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: drakehog on September 19, 2005, 05:55:16 pm
He and the guys are talking about us pinning them at the 6 following the first drive and USC calling a pass (which, or course was a wide open swing pass against the flow). "If we get a safety there, that would have been something, you never know."

I believe that play went for 18 yards just before Bush ran the last 76 or so. Rick needs to shut up. 

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: drakehog on September 19, 2005, 05:55:16 pm"If we get a safety there, that would have been something, you never know."

Shaeffer: "Twenty-five of those, and we'll be within striking distance with a field goal to tie, so there's still hope...."

Jim Harris

Quote from: DR on September 19, 2005, 06:10:04 pm
Quote from: drakehog on September 19, 2005, 05:55:16 pm"If we get a safety there, that would have been something, you never know."

Shaeffer: "Twenty-five of those, and we'll be within striking distance with a field goal to tie, so there's still hope...."

The worse Schaefferism of all time to me was: Had it not been for that 21-2 start by Mississippi State, we're still in the game with five to seven points.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: drakehog on September 19, 2005, 06:10:52 pmThe worse Schaefferism of all time to me was: Had it not been for that 21-2 start by Mississippi State, we're still in the game with five to seven points.

True.  That was bad.

The one that always stands out in my mind was the SEC Title game against #1 Florida.

Down 34-3, a few minutes left, Shaeffer says something to the tune of:

"Well folks, all we need is four touchdowns and a field goal, and we're right back in this game."