Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Now Scott Cain is jumping on the callers

Started by Jim Harris, September 19, 2005, 05:41:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Harris

Apparently, some guy says Nutt wasn't qualified for the job and Cain gets on him for saying, were you saying this his first year or when he was going to bowls?
I hope Scott Cain, Rick Schaeffer and others will wake and realize, there have been a lot of people for a lot of years who didn't buy into this Nutt bull. Three crap bowls and two second-tier Jan. 1 bowls, aside, some people have been saying this for eight friggin' years.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

TulsaHogFan

Now he is commenting on how the program is not presigious enough for a big time coach and don't deserve a good enough coach, well then why are we spending money on coaches, or facilities?

Jim Harris

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on September 19, 2005, 05:42:28 pm
Now he is commenting on how the program is not presigious enough for a big time coach and don't deserve a good enough coach, well then why are we spending money on coaches, or facilities?

somebody call in and grill these clowns. I can't call right now.
Also, tell these goobers that the reason Stoops and Tommy Bowden turned down chances to inteview are 1) no one worth his salt is going to be out front and interview publicly for the job and then get turned down and 2) none of those guys wanted to work with Frank Broyles still the AD and looming over them.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Big Papa Satan

What the hell is the media's job here anymore, to report what happens, or to protect Nutt?

Fricking idiots, Shaeffer, Cain, all of them.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: drakehog on September 19, 2005, 05:43:57 pm

somebody call in and grill these clowns. I can't call right now.
Also, tell these goobers that the reason Stoops and Tommy Bowden turned down chances to inteview are 1) no one worth his salt is going to be out front and interview publicly for the job and then get turned down and 2) none of those guys wanted to work with Frank Broyles still the AD and looming over them.

Drake it wouldn't do any good, you can't argue with an idiot, they just take you down to their level and then beat you with experience. 

Jim Harris

Quote from: DR on September 19, 2005, 05:45:00 pm
What the hell is the media's job here anymore, to report what happens, or to protect Nutt?

Fricking idiots, Shaeffer, Cain, all of them.

funny, too, Cain seems to have softened after Nutt got Wally to bust him down a notch from being the main football beatman for nice guy Bob Holt.
Give 'em hell, Cain. ha

Hog Bounty Hunter

Most of the Arkansas sports media are about as good at their jobs as Nutt and Nutt's assistants are as coaches. 

TulsaHogFan

Cain got his duties cut?  When did this happen (sorry can't get access to the Dem Gaz)

THROWITDEEP

Overall, Arkansas has been rated as a top 20 program of all-time.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: drakehog on September 19, 2005, 05:46:26 pmfunny, too, Cain seems to have softened after Nutt got Wally to bust him down a notch from being the main football beatman for nice guy Bob Holt.
Give 'em hell, Cain. ha

I've wondered what the real reason was for that.

The explanation that Holt and Cain were burnt out with their respective sports just didn't seem right.

Jim Harris

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on September 19, 2005, 05:48:30 pm
Cain got his duties cut? When did this happen (sorry can't get access to the Dem Gaz)

aw, this was before last season. Nutt got tired of Cain's stories, especially stories about the NCAA investigation, occuring the day they've had some guy like Derrick Pope in, all that crap. Nutt talked to Wally about it several times and demanded him put somebody else on the main beat. Bob Holt now has to ask the "tough" questions. ;D

TulsaHogFan

What tough questions are those?  Hmmmm What are you planning for the teams breakfast before Alabama?

Jim Harris

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on September 19, 2005, 05:52:18 pm
What tough questions are those? Hmmmm What are you planning for the teams breakfast before Alabama?

it's those tough questions that get Nutt to wipe his brow and say stupid darn like: "Man, they score so fast, it messes you up."

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: ConwayHog on September 19, 2005, 06:00:48 pm
Quote from: drakehog on September 19, 2005, 05:41:23 pm
Apparently, some guy says Nutt wasn't qualified for the job and Cain gets on him for saying, were you saying this his first year or when he was going to bowls?
I hope Scott Cain, Rick Schaeffer and others will wake and realize, there have been a lot of people for a lot of years who didn't buy into this Nutt bovine hockey. Three crap bowls and two second-tier Jan. 1 bowls, aside, some people have been saying this for eight friggin' years.

Drake...I'm sorry but griping about playing in the Cotton Bowl is ridiculous in my mind. We did play Texas and Oklahoma. Not the definition of second-tier in my book. Not then, not now.

I'm not on Nutt's side, I don't want him as the coach anymore. But in my opinion, thats just a little excessive. If you are going to gripe about going to the Cotton Bowl, you will disappointed because if you don't go to the BCS, the most likely alternative will send you to the Citrus Bowl in Arkansas, which I will assume you'll agree is an "upper tier" New Years Bowl in your system. I have always drew the line between New Years and non-New Years Bowl. I know both years we went to Atlanta (95 and 02) we didn't play well at all, but to me the West Winner should in most years be in the Citrus/Outback Bowl. Both of those years we were sent to a non-New Years day bowl. Practically, the whole state was in an uprising when we were sent to Nashville. It was either there or Shreveport. My point is we will never win the SEC every year. To me its unrealistic to only be satisfied with going to an "upper tier" New Years Day bowl. That will be the Citrus and the Outback I assume. It's not happening while playing in the West. I will concede in some years, but probably not most even if we are better than the East squads.

I know your hacked off, but are your expectations an SEC championship every year?

Just so you know, we have NEVER won the SEC championship and as long as Nutt is the coach we never will.

Jim Harris

September 19, 2005, 06:08:07 pm #14 Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 06:09:58 pm by drakehog
Quote from: ConwayHog on September 19, 2005, 06:00:48 pm
Quote from: drakehog on September 19, 2005, 05:41:23 pm
I hope Scott Cain, Rick Schaeffer and others will wake and realize, there have been a lot of people for a lot of years who didn't buy into this Nutt bovine hockey. Three crap bowls and two second-tier Jan. 1 bowls, aside, some people have been saying this for eight friggin' years.

Drake...I'm sorry but griping about playing in the Cotton Bowl is ridiculous in my mind. We did play Texas and Oklahoma. Not the definition of second-tier in my book. Not then, not now.

I know your hacked off, but are your expectations an SEC championship every year?

where is your tier breakdown? Do you place the Cotton Bowl on the same level at the BCS bowls? If not, then would that not be a second-tier bowl? I think so.
You're problem, by throwing in "upper tier" to describe the Citrus Bowl, is where you break down upper tier and lower tier. Is the Cotton Bowl better than the Indy Bowl or Music City Bowl? Hell yes.

My expectations? I expect Arkansas to accomplish at least what Auburn can accomplish. If not, what was the purpose of the millions and millions of dollars on facilities up there? We're not getting a lot of return for the investment. In fact, we apparently recruited better with piece of Shiite facilities.

sofullofwayne

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on September 19, 2005, 05:48:16 pm
Most of the Arkansas sports media are about as good at their jobs as Nutt and Nutt's assistants are as coaches.

/thread over

Suddenly, you die in a car wreck. Everyone is shocked. Wonder how your family, wife or son/daughter is coping? Now stop for a second and think, did they truly know how much you loved them? Well, go make sure...

HOGCATCH

I for one have NEVER thought of HDN as a long term solution! I was appalled when they announced him over a PROVEN SEC coach! Doesn't mean anything being right now, the damage is done!!!
Winning is a way of life!